Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Insurance Premium increase not justified News

views

roystevenung
post Apr 23 2014, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,173 posts

QUOTE(UpCar @ Apr 23 2014, 01:02 PM)
nowadays, all insurance schemes are linked to some investment shit.

wanna find back the good old conventional insurance policy also tarak liao.now link la to unit trust la, investment la  this la that la. ask them bagi u potfolio, all tarak come out blank. tell u oh, we are tied to investment arm at EPF. i was like sigh. u can only invest a max of 10% total in EPF mana the rest dei ?

if i wanna buy and u tell me this that this that will go up 1 very safe 1, i still deserve to know where my money is being invested in right ?
Term insurance is still available, but it is level term. Meaning the premium has been precalculated for the term tenure.

However, the term insurance is only up to age 70. Should you buy term with attached medical rider, and the policy automatically ends at age 70 there goes the medical cover when you need it the most whistling.gif
deodorant
post Apr 23 2014, 02:25 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(homicidal85 @ Apr 23 2014, 02:16 PM)
where got suka2 increase? blr set by bank negara. not the banks.

let's say that BLR is an indicator of how much it costs the bank to give you the housing loan. instead of absorbing any increase in that cost, the bank happily passes it on to you.

let's say that hospitalization costs is an indicator of how much it costs the insurance company to give you insurance. instead of absorbing any increase in that cost, the insurance company happily passes it on to you.

same concept mah. only difference is bank up front tell u they will pass it on. insurance company never up front say.
homicidal85
post Apr 23 2014, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Apr 23 2014, 02:25 PM)
let's say that BLR is an indicator of how much it costs the bank to give you the housing loan. instead of absorbing any increase in that cost, the bank happily passes it on to you.

let's say that hospitalization costs is an indicator of how much it costs the insurance company to give you insurance. instead of absorbing any increase in that cost, the insurance company happily passes it on to you.

same concept mah. only difference is bank up front tell u they will pass it on. insurance company never up front say.
thats not entirely correct but u still managed to prove me right that it is not suka2 naik. they will always follow BNM.
fantasy1989
post Apr 23 2014, 05:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,593 posts

QUOTE(ScancityCY5188 @ Apr 23 2014, 11:54 AM)
Ohhh itu BNM salah la. But can bank change their blr-2% suka hati? Let's say bnm raise BLR goes up to 20%, but then bank wan makes their loan attractive. They offer -15%. Now you ald secure the loan, how arh? Refinance yourself?
housing loan interest rate is floating and recalculate interest rate every year

it's not like car loan which is fixed interest rate throughout whole 9 years

Artus
post Apr 23 2014, 05:53 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Apr 23 2014, 02:18 PM)
Not only the allowance, but also for the treatment or surgery that is medically necessary.

The MOH site does not mention about the costs of stens/implants that the client will need to pay. whistling.gif
Of course whatever equipment you need you have to pay and they charge at cost. But surgical and treatment costs are very cheap and medicines are free.
Artus
post Apr 23 2014, 05:54 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Apr 23 2014, 02:24 PM)
Term insurance is still available, but it is level term. Meaning the premium has been precalculated for the term tenure.

However, the term insurance is only up to age 70. Should you buy term with attached medical rider, and the policy automatically ends at age 70 there goes the medical cover when you need it the most whistling.gif
Not a problem, Malaysia very fortunate to have the government hospital option.

3 Pages < 1 2 3
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:19 PM