Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Vinyl or laminate floor VS tiles, Which one is preferred?

views

TSshinchan99
post Apr 22 2014, 04:19 PM, updated 10y ago

On my way
618 posts

Dear all members,

I am in the mid crisis to choose vinyl or laminate floor and tiles. Anyone care to give their own personal opinions?

1. Health risk (vinyl & laminate floor) is more hazardous compared to tiles correct? Read articles on these vinyl and laminate floor as they are rubbers, glues, chemicals etc which can be hazardous in the long run.

2. Durability wise? Still very skeptical on these locking system or glue system to be used in the house. Even though they are all water proof, termites proof and scratch proof, I am somehow still not convinced with the vinyl or laminate flooring. Went to some home fairs and saw companies offering some 20-30 years warranty.. I wonder down 20-30 years these company still exist in the first place to consider the long warranty period? My mind keeps playing a fool of me that concrete will be the best. Anyone with better input can proof my mind wrong? rclxub.gif Anyway the issue to be discussed is the durability, I'm worried those installation glues or locking system may fail maybe not 1-2 years time, say 5 years down the road then it will be like wasting the investment on vinyl & laminate floor.

3. Cost wise? No doubt anything concrete will be much more expensive. But having said that, not actually that much of difference of 50-100%. If affordability is not an issue, should it be wiser to choose tiles over these type of flooring?

4. Look wise - i have no doubt that laminated & vinyl look much better than tiles. This is largely due to the fact that low visibility grouts were spotted if we are using laminated or vinyl as compared to tiles. Having wood / natural feel in the house also makes the house looks comfortable and cozy..

What's your humble opinions and inputs to be shared for choosing any of these flooring? rclxm9.gif

mrgoodgood
post Apr 22 2014, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

I only have experience in laminated flooring and tiles (and solid timber but I see that's not part of your consideration), so I'll refrain from commenting on vinyl flooring.

1. I think the health risk is overrated. Laminated flooring is mostly made of particle board (correct me if I'm wrong). I never heard anyone get any disease let alone die of exposure to laminated flooring. If anything, the food you eat and the atmosphere that you are exposed to do you more harm than laminated flooring, so don't worry too much on this.

2. Laminated flooring is actually very durable. The locking system will not fail. A lot of laminated flooring is laid on top of a layer of padding without any glue. The sub-floor is not affected in any way. It doesn't scratch easily too. The top graded laminated flooring (AC5) can withstand abuse of commercial environment, so it is more than enough for household environment. I wouldn't put laminated flooring in wet environments (bathroom and kitchen) though, because of its nature. Of course, tiles are much more durable, no doubt about that.

3. Cost wise - tiles are a lot more expensive considering both workmanship and material cost. Laminated flooring psf price usually includes installation. You need to pay extra for accessories (skirting, etc.) though.

4. Look wise - this is very subjective. Tiles can reproduce all kind of look and feel, but it still feel cold and hard under the feet. Laminated flooring gives you a warm cosy feeling and is softer. Laminated flooring mostly come in wood pattern only. Tiles give you stone, marble, wood, patterned, and many other varieties. I feel that laminated flooring is suitable for bedroom (softer, cosier, won't hurt you if you fell off bed/purposely want to roll around the floor). Both tiles and laminated flooring is suitable for living area. Go for tiles in kitchen and bathroom.
TSshinchan99
post Apr 22 2014, 05:05 PM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(mrgoodgood @ Apr 22 2014, 04:40 PM)
I only have experience in laminated flooring and tiles (and solid timber but I see that's not part of your consideration), so I'll refrain from commenting on vinyl flooring.

1. I think the health risk is overrated. Laminated flooring is mostly made of particle board (correct me if I'm wrong). I never heard anyone get any disease let alone die of exposure to laminated flooring. If anything, the food you eat and the atmosphere that you are exposed to do you more harm than laminated flooring, so don't worry too much on this.

2. Laminated flooring is actually very durable. The locking system will not fail. A lot of laminated flooring is laid on top of a layer of padding without any glue. The sub-floor is not affected in any way. It doesn't scratch easily too. The top graded laminated flooring (AC5) can withstand abuse of commercial environment, so it is more than enough for household environment. I wouldn't put laminated flooring in wet environments (bathroom and kitchen) though, because of its nature. Of course, tiles are much more durable, no doubt about that.

3. Cost wise - tiles are a lot more expensive considering both workmanship and material cost. Laminated flooring psf price usually includes installation. You need to pay extra for accessories (skirting, etc.) though.

4. Look wise - this is very subjective. Tiles can reproduce all kind of look and feel, but it still feel cold and hard under the feet. Laminated flooring gives you a warm cosy feeling and is softer. Laminated flooring mostly come in wood pattern only. Tiles give you stone, marble, wood, patterned, and many other varieties. I feel that laminated flooring is suitable for bedroom (softer, cosier, won't hurt you if you fell off bed/purposely want to roll around the floor). Both tiles and laminated flooring is suitable for living area. Go for tiles in kitchen and bathroom.
1. Read about the glues were actually quite hazardous. And even some posted pictures low grade laminated floor is actually dangerous, until fly also die ! shocking.gif Of course these does not apply to quality lamited floors. Recently went to those home deco fair, the vinyl floor tiles is actually rubber. Will this be hazardous as well?

2. I saw these (not sure laminated or vinyl) tiles on kitchen, it look very beautiful, kinda like those mat salleh houses biggrin.gif But since it's water proof , why not advisable at the kitchen area?

mrgoodgood
post Apr 22 2014, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 22 2014, 05:05 PM)
1. Read about the glues were actually quite hazardous. And even some posted pictures low grade laminated floor is actually dangerous, until fly also die !  shocking.gif  Of course these does not apply to quality lamited floors. Recently went to those home deco fair, the vinyl floor tiles is actually rubber. Will this be hazardous as well?

2. I saw these (not sure laminated or vinyl) tiles on kitchen, it look very beautiful, kinda like those mat salleh houses  biggrin.gif  But since it's water proof , why not advisable at the kitchen area?
I saw the dead fly picture as well. I think it is staged. My ceramic tile floor also got a lot of dead cockroaches. Do you think the flooring killed them?

Vinyl flooring - no comments if it is hazardous. It probably is if you burn them biggrin.gif.

Vinyl flooring is water proof as it is rubber. I think it is OK to use in kitchen. As for laminated flooring, hmm the surface wood pattern is actually a thin layer laminated on top of particle board. There are other protection layers at all. If you soak it long enough in water, there's a risk that de-lamination will occur (bubbles start appearing on the surface). Of course, your mileage may vary, and it may not occur on higher end laminated flooring, but are you willing to take the risk? smile.gif

zoe33
post Apr 23 2014, 01:08 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

If i could hashtag this, it will be #firstworldproblem LOL smile.gif

was in the same situation but decided on laminate at last (just last sunday at Homedec) for the durability, price and has a softer feel...

tiles are pricier. tiles need to be hacked if damaged and which tiler will be willing to just hack and replace the few tiles... tiles are cold and hard.

formaldehyde? It's not just the laminated flooring which contains that.. see the link below:
http://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/floori...hyde-what-is-it
Think of the haze... it is more deadly....

vinyl (i feel) has this plastic/sticky feel which i didn't quite like. plus, the price is slightly more expensive compared to laminates.

lamintaes no glue whatsoever...so say if one day you wanna move to another place, you can just dismantle and instal it at the new location. but i doubt you may wanna keep it for you may want something new smile.gif

some companies like innovar has been around fr many years. and nowadays some company provide moisture warranty (just need to check what exactly). for instance, wood lamina Moisture Resistant Warranty
"The melamine resin surface coating on the product prevents the absorption of moisture. This warranty does not cover damages caused by water or moisture trapped beneath the floor due to improper sub-flooring or underlaymen."

also check on the tonnes of weight use to press the coreboards, e.g. Floor inc has this v-compress series where 5.6k tonnes of weight to compress. the higher it is the lower the flooring will expand and absorbs moisture/water....

finally, if there is a "like" button, i would like mrgooggood's comments smile.gif

p.s.: my kitchen still considering tiles or laminates! hehe. seen so many kit pics using laminates/timber... so nice....

xavi5567
post Apr 23 2014, 09:06 AM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 22 2014, 05:05 PM)
1. Read about the glues were actually quite hazardous. And even some posted pictures low grade laminated floor is actually dangerous, until fly also die !  shocking.gif  Of course these does not apply to quality lamited floors. Recently went to those home deco fair, the vinyl floor tiles is actually rubber. Will this be hazardous as well?

2. I saw these (not sure laminated or vinyl) tiles on kitchen, it look very beautiful, kinda like those mat salleh houses  biggrin.gif  But since it's water proof , why not advisable at the kitchen area?
if u are so paranoid bout the glue u odd to be paranoid about all those furniture u about to buy.. plaster ceiling u about to install as well rolleyes.gif

those glue normally are innert.. meaning once it is cured .. it is fully reacted.. wont release anymore..
u odd to pay more attention to all those partition and carbinet u about to install.. make sure it is at least E1 grade.. ur flooring i am sure is all E1 and E0 grade but ur cabinet and others.... huhuhu..

Vinyl floor and Laminate floor is basically almost similiar, difference is one is hard resin the other is either melamine or paper based ..trade off.. it may look like real wood.. but it might not feel like wood... after prolong using (heavy traffic) depending on the grade of flooring u use... its colour will fade and u will c whitish colour.. its based surface..
vinyl and laminate are normally laminated on MDF, Plywood or LVL.. since u are so worried bout the emission thinggy.. jus ask the supplier to show u their emission level VOC and Fomaldehyde emission level.. jus make jus is within SE0, E0 or E1 level...
TSshinchan99
post Apr 23 2014, 09:51 AM

On my way
618 posts

xavi,
Frankly if you tell me about the emissions from vinyl or laminated floor, i totally have no idea at all. I was only influenced by the salesman and reading forum postings regarding the glue issue or the material itself which i dont even know whether they are making up stories or exaggerating things up to support their own products.

zoe,
I was in homedec last sunday too, tried to feel some laminated and vinyl flooring. I am ok with both of them. But i do notice vinyl mostly made in korea. And i can immediately spot the quality of these vinyl offered by different companies. Some do have wood feel and the fine lines of wood can be feel by touching it. Saw some engineered wood or something like that, too woody feel until the booth looks like its built by tree LOL.

Still in the end, I haven't got convinced to switch my initial thought of using tiles to laminated / vinyl so far. My wife is so determined to use the laminated / vinyl flooring .. And i was thinking of a mixture of 1st floor fully laminated / vinyl floor and ground floor fully tiles. But will this combo makes the house look... funny? It's like modern on ground floor, classic on the 1st floor .. haha..

Anymore opinions to be shared?
Fazab
post Apr 23 2014, 12:01 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 23 2014, 09:51 AM)
xavi,
Frankly if you tell me about the emissions from vinyl or laminated floor, i totally have no idea at all. I was only influenced by the salesman and reading forum postings regarding the glue issue or the material itself which i dont even know whether they are making up stories or exaggerating things up to support their own products.

zoe,
I was in homedec last sunday too, tried to feel some laminated and vinyl flooring. I am ok with both of them. But i do notice vinyl mostly made in korea. And i can immediately spot the quality of these vinyl offered by different companies. Some do have wood feel and the fine lines of wood can be feel by touching it. Saw some engineered wood or something like that, too woody feel until the booth looks like its built by tree LOL.

Still in the end, I haven't got convinced to switch my initial thought of using tiles to laminated / vinyl so far. My wife is so determined to use the laminated / vinyl flooring .. And i was thinking of a mixture of 1st floor fully laminated / vinyl floor and ground floor fully tiles. But will this combo makes the house look... funny? It's like modern on ground floor, classic on the 1st floor .. haha..

There are now tiles that look like wood.

So :
Ground floor, Kitchen, toilet, other places of high moisture, use wood-like tiles

First floor, bedrooms, family area, where you want to roll around on the floor, use wood laminate or vinyl

I personally prefer vinyl, easier to clean and jaga. But get the good quality one.

So in the end your problem is just - budget...
TSshinchan99
post Apr 23 2014, 12:36 PM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ Apr 23 2014, 12:01 PM)

So :
Ground floor, Kitchen, toilet, other places of high moisture, use wood-like tiles

First floor, bedrooms, family area, where you want to roll around on the floor, use wood laminate or vinyl

I personally prefer vinyl, easier to clean and jaga. But get the good quality one.

Fazab,

Even with tiles that looks like wood, i believe after installation of the wood like tiles, we still can see the grout lines correct? Which will make it look like tiles instead of wood feel. But i do notice broucheres from Super Ceramic they introduce the wood like tiles, the pictures they took is without grout lines. Wondering we can ask our contractor to do without grout lines? I believe without the grout lines the wood like tiles will look more natural in a way.

Come to think of it, why must there be a grout line for tiles installation? Anyone care to enlighten me?
SUSsupersound
post Apr 23 2014, 12:37 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ Apr 23 2014, 12:01 PM)

So :

Good idea on this. Tiles won't be affected by water or moisture thumbup.gif
Still, other finishing we can't overlooked also, like wooden floor or laminated floor, better not to exposed for too long period of time. After wet mop, use another dry mop and turn on the fans to dry it fast.
Must832007
post Apr 23 2014, 01:16 PM

11 posts

hi if u interested to install laminate floor at ur kitchen even in ur bathroom. U can try 4G laminate floor from Floor Depot. It feature water proof and termite proof. For more info plz check out their website.
Fazab
post Apr 23 2014, 03:49 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 23 2014, 12:36 PM)
Fazab,

Even with tiles that looks like wood, i believe after installation of the wood like tiles, we still can see the grout lines correct? Which will make it look like tiles instead of wood feel. But i do notice broucheres from Super Ceramic they introduce the wood like tiles, the pictures they took is without grout lines. Wondering we can ask our contractor to do without grout lines? I believe without the grout lines the wood like tiles will look more natural in a way.
Come to think of it, why must there be a grout line for tiles installation? Anyone care to enlighten me?
If groutline is a problem, then not much can do.
From far can't really tell difference.
If you are looking at it from near that you are actually stepping on it, your feet will tell you it is not wood.

zoe33
post Apr 23 2014, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 23 2014, 12:36 PM)
Fazab,

i was rather concern about the grout lines as well, but they actually aren't that bad... see what was shared by Yuanstudio #176
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry67457636
he uses roman granit (go check out!) smile.gif

my next #firstworldproblem is whether to use laminate for my kitchen (wet and dry) or something else...since the kitchen is situated near / next to the stairs where my entire first floor and stairs will be of laminated flooring.
don't wan my place look "rojak" with too many different flooring...
S'aimer
post Apr 23 2014, 09:13 PM

On my way
637 posts

I can give you the pros and cons of having laminated flooring VS tiles because I have the experience of using both.

Laminated flooring is good for the following:

1. Cheaper than tiles so it will be cost saving maybe by 20% to 30% more than tiles (cement , cost of tiles, workmanship is definitely way more expensive)
2. Easy removal of laminate flooring if you want to change the floor next time. And cost wise, not so much compared to hacking, drilling tiles.
3. Good for those on budget and a second alternative to real wood flooring like timber and etc.

Bad for the following:

1. Laminate flooring expands with time. The gap between between the laminate floor planks can be seen. This happened to me before, had to call the company to come down and fix properly. (I had mine for 6 years and I had to call the company twice to fix this.) I had AC3 and AC5 grade. AC3 grade was for bedrooms, AC5 grade for living/dining areas. The problem happened only to AC5 grade.
2. Not entirely waterproof imho if the company claims it is waterproof. Need to be extremely careful with mopping because in some corners, warping can be seen.
3. If you have a dog and staying in a apartment. It is a no no because dogs pee everywhere. I can attest to this as well.
4. There will be some inconvenience, e.g; you need to constantly close the room windows everytime you go out because weather is unpredictable and heavy rains can occur anytime.
5. If floor is uneven, you will feel uneveness through the laminate flooring although there is insulation underneath.
6. The so called lifetime warranty.... they will tell you the usual sales spiel that there is a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship for their laminate flooring, their warranty is for "Wear Resistant, Fade Resistant, Stain Resistant" and so on. What they do NOT mention is that the lifetime warranty is USELESS in the event that they have no stock in that particular floor color if you need to replace some planks. You will then need to change whole laminate flooring to another color.

As for the emissions, I feel that if there is such issue, then most laminate companies like evorich, kronotex etc will be out of business by then due to health and safety regulations worldwide.

Tiles is good for the following:

1. Easier to maintain even with mopping.
2. More lasting than laminate
3. Tiles are more durable when installed properly - they are even used for tiling kitchen countertop and these types can withstand alot of abuse.

Bad for the following :

1. Tiling workmanship is very expensive, it takes alot of time and attention to lay the tiles.
2. Grout lines can turn black if the grout is white. In some cases, the grout line can have a hole in it with time.
3. Some tiles can be porous, eg; marble, so not great for those with pets because their pee are acidic.

I can't think of anymore cons for tiles at the moment, so anyone wants to add on, please feel free to do so.

This post has been edited by S'aimer: Apr 23 2014, 09:21 PM
SUSsupersound
post Apr 23 2014, 09:31 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Considering now the flooring those Indon workers do(not properly), laminating really have to think properly.

TSshinchan99
post Apr 24 2014, 08:50 AM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(S'aimer @ Apr 23 2014, 09:13 PM)
I can give you the pros and cons of having laminated flooring VS tiles because I have the experience of using both.

Laminated flooring is good for the following:

1. Cheaper than tiles so it will be cost saving maybe by 20% to 30% more than tiles (cement , cost of tiles, workmanship is definitely way more expensive)
2. Easy removal of laminate flooring if you want to change the floor next time. And cost wise, not so much compared to hacking, drilling tiles.
3. Good for those on budget and a second alternative to real wood flooring like timber and etc.

Bad for the following:

1. Laminate flooring expands with time. The gap between between the laminate floor planks can be seen.  This happened to me before, had to call the company to come down and fix properly. (I had mine for 6 years and I had to call the company twice to fix this.) I had AC3 and AC5 grade. AC3 grade was for bedrooms, AC5 grade for living/dining areas. The problem happened only to AC5 grade.
2. Not entirely waterproof imho if the company claims it is waterproof.  Need to be extremely careful with mopping because in some corners, warping can be seen.
3. If you have a dog and staying in a apartment. It is a no no because dogs pee everywhere. I can attest to this as well.
4. There will be some inconvenience, e.g; you need to constantly close the room windows everytime you go out because weather is unpredictable and heavy rains can occur anytime.
5. If floor is uneven, you will feel uneveness through the laminate flooring although there is insulation underneath.
6. The so called lifetime warranty.... they will tell you the usual sales spiel that there is a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship for their laminate flooring, their warranty is for "Wear Resistant, Fade Resistant, Stain Resistant" and so on. What they do NOT mention is that the lifetime warranty is USELESS in the event that they have no stock in that particular floor color if you need to replace some planks.  You will then need to change whole laminate flooring to another color.

As for the emissions, I feel that if there is such issue, then most laminate companies like evorich, kronotex etc will be out of business by then due to health and safety regulations worldwide.

Tiles is good for the following:

1. Easier to maintain even with mopping.
2. More lasting than laminate
3. Tiles are more durable when installed properly - they are even used for tiling kitchen countertop and these types can withstand alot of abuse.

Bad for the following :

1. Tiling workmanship is very expensive, it takes alot of time and attention to lay the tiles.
2. Grout lines can turn black if the grout is white. In some cases, the grout line can have a hole in it with time.
3. Some tiles can be porous, eg; marble, so not great for those with pets because their pee are acidic.

I can't think of anymore cons for tiles at the moment, so anyone wants to add on, please feel free to do so.
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif Very good explaination and experience sharing ! Thanks for the great info bro notworthy.gif

TSshinchan99
post Apr 24 2014, 08:59 AM

On my way
618 posts

QUOTE(zoe33 @ Apr 23 2014, 08:40 PM)
i was rather concern about the grout lines as well, but they actually aren't that bad... see what was shared by Yuanstudio #176
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry67457636
he uses roman granit (go check out!) smile.gif

my next #firstworldproblem is whether to use laminate for my kitchen (wet and dry) or something else...since the kitchen is situated near / next to the stairs where my entire first floor and stairs will be of laminated flooring.
don't wan my place look "rojak" with too many different flooring...
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thanks for sharing this information too ! I actually did saw the roman tiles at Super Ceramic catalog too. Not bad too, forgotten about the price. The visibility of the grout lines are lesser compared to our conventional tile grout.

I was thinking to put vinyl at the kitchen too. It look very very nice if paired with some matching kitchen cabinet. I strongly support you on this. But since so many feedback on laminated flooring not suitable for kitchen, probably you can try vinyl?

And i just got quotation for my tiles wet work & hacking, price is almost the same as laminated flooring, just minus the purchase of tiles. So.. what say you? Tile or laminated / vinyl ? Looks like not that "big" difference, probably like what S'aimer said 20-30% difference. Not like 50-100% difference.. And the durability and reliability issue will be far more superior compared to laminate / vinyl floor brows.gif
Fazab
post Apr 24 2014, 03:12 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 24 2014, 08:59 AM)
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thanks for sharing this information too ! I actually did saw the roman tiles at Super Ceramic catalog too. Not bad too, forgotten about the price. The visibility of the grout lines are lesser compared to our conventional tile grout.

I was thinking to put vinyl at the kitchen too. It look very very nice if paired with some matching kitchen cabinet. I strongly support you on this. But since so many feedback on laminated flooring not suitable for kitchen, probably you can try vinyl?

And i just got quotation for my tiles wet work & hacking, price is almost the same as laminated flooring, just minus the purchase of tiles. So.. what say you? Tile or laminated / vinyl ? Looks like not that "big" difference, probably like what S'aimer said 20-30% difference. Not like 50-100% difference.. And the durability and reliability issue will be far more superior compared to laminate / vinyl floor  brows.gif
If tiles not included, check the price of the tiles you like first. Some nice tiles the price can give heart attack.

e.g. Niro ecoforest is 1x per strip. Their new 2 x 4 series of tiles is 150 upwards per piece. That is close to 20 per sqft.
But big tiles looks very nice.... brows.gif brows.gif
zoe33
post Apr 24 2014, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 24 2014, 08:59 AM)
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thanks for sharing this information too ! I actually did saw the roman tiles at Super Ceramic catalog too. Not bad too, forgotten about the price. The visibility of the grout lines are lesser compared to our conventional tile grout.

And i just got quotation for my tiles wet work & hacking, price is almost the same as laminated flooring, just minus the purchase of tiles. So.. what say you? Tile or laminated / vinyl ? Looks like not that "big" difference, probably like what S'aimer said 20-30% difference. Not like 50-100% difference.. And the durability and reliability issue will be far more superior compared to laminate / vinyl floor  brows.gif
vinyl is softer.. so when there is a constant pressure of a heavy piece of furniture, there will be an indent.
however, i read somewhere to remove that indent, just "place a wet washcloth on the indentation and then hold a steam iron slightly above the cloth. The heat from the iron may cause the vinyl to expand and pop back into place."
sounds pretty simple. but don't know how far it is true.

price also depend on what tiles selection. if grade 1 will be pricey... but someone told me grade 2 will do too. for floor...

This post has been edited by zoe33: Apr 24 2014, 10:30 PM
xavi5567
post Apr 25 2014, 07:43 AM

\(●'Å'●)/
3,347 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 23 2014, 09:51 AM)
xavi,

zoe,

well.. it is safe too say.. dont worry too much.. it is jus their marketing gimmic.. go for those tat dont require glue but jus clip-lock instalation.. safe urself some hassle..jus make sure when they come n install they prepare ur subfloor and lay on a vapour barrier sheet on ur subfloor b4 the installation..
as for engineered wood.. i am not sure u are refering to wood plastic composite or LVL or plywood.. but if wat u refering to is the two later.. those are real wood so for sure it will look like real thing.. laugh.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 PM