Looking for partnership, To make exciting, new, fun things

views

alien3d
post Apr 23 2014, 08:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(hexabox @ Apr 23 2014, 02:53 AM)
Alright understood biggrin.gif
If that's the case, we can always start off with websites. No, no streaming services.
Hi, you must be a friendly person laugh.gif

First of all, you don't have to feel, I've already stated that I have almost no coding skills. Learning, but not implementable yet. Still very basic.

Secondly, no I don't think I will be the next Zuckerberg if I were able to form my own team, but I understand your assumption because I've met people being overly optimistic and/or with mediocre ideas or even just copying them straight with only a few changes.

Thirdly, I've read the link you've posted. So equity is the word I'm suppose to use. From what I understand, if that OP were to accept that guy's offer, he would get no pay and in the case of success, he'll only get 1% share of the company at max? Comon, everyone know that is stupid.
If you are trying to relate me to the guy who offered the OP in that link, let me clarify:
1) No, 1% is stupid, I'm not someone who is looking to fool/cheat anyone.
2) Think of this approach as a friend coming up to you and ask if you were interested in starting something together. Not a company looking forward to hire you without salary. It's like "Hey, I've got this idea, wanna try it out?" and you just answer yes or no. The only thing here is that we're not friends yet. Just a metaphor.
I believe the idea I have in mind doesn't require so much money to start, but of course it will be a considerable amount which wouldn't be much of a problem.
Seem you dont have any idea yet.sorry it is a big resources amount to start.not just a laptop..better think jual goreng pisang...very very low money to start and daily income.it more on long term revenue not short..even whatsapp value 6 billion.check back how many years they struggle to do it..
koonghx
post Apr 23 2014, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast
888 posts

If that's the case, we can always start off with websites. No, no streaming services.

First of all, you don't have to feel, I've already stated that I have almost no coding skills. Learning, but not implementable yet. Still very basic.

Secondly, no I don't think I will be the next Zuckerberg if I were able to form my own team, but I understand your assumption because I've met people being overly optimistic and/or with mediocre ideas or even just copying them straight with only a few changes.

Thirdly, I've read the link you've posted. So equity is the word I'm suppose to use. From what I understand, if that OP were to accept that guy's offer, he would get no pay and in the case of success, he'll only get 1% share of the company at max? Comon, everyone know that is stupid.
If you are trying to relate me to the guy who offered the OP in that link, let me clarify:
2) Think of this approach as a friend coming up to you and ask if you were interested in starting something together. Not a company looking forward to hire you without salary. It's like "Hey, I've got this idea, wanna try it out?" and you just answer yes or no. The only thing here is that we're not friends yet. Just a metaphor.
I believe the idea I have in mind doesn't require so much money to start, but of course it will be a considerable amount which wouldn't be much of a problem.
If you read the comments in the link I provided, even if you offered 45% and above for the "shares" of the company, it is still not advisable for any coder to work for it.

Reason being, you need to realise what are you going to do in your project, what roles are you going to take.
If you expect to just contribute ideas and "hire" someone for free to implement your idea. Then, that coder is the entire company, not you.
I need to stress again that ideas are worth basically NOTHING without good implementation.
Unless you have something to offer, such as money to fund the project, as well as pay for the coder, and an office with equipments for the coder to work in, realistically, no one would work for you.

One suggestion I would suggest is that you could try and go to local universities and post adverts asking for free labor. Maybe those students would be naive enough to work for free.

You could also go here
http://www.fiverr.com/categoria/programmin...jls_ca10_auto=1
To hire people to work out your idea.

Good luck!
narf03
post Apr 23 2014, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

ppl dont understand what is a partnership. everybody must contribute into the partnership, programmers spend their time, and time is money for them, instead of working your idea, they can work for others who can pay them salary, no matter success of failure of the project, programmer get paid.

But partner with you, you must do your contribution, you might think your idea worth alot, but what if your idea doesnt work ? you wasted few hours of thinking time while the programmer wasted few months or years of implementation time(not inclusive of electricity, hardware cost). Who lose the most ? the programmer in this case, whoever join the partnership get a portion of the company if the idea works, and must bear a part of the lost when the idea doesnt work, if you just supply an idea and do nothing else while programmer have to work their time for months, u should at least pay the programmer half of his salary i would say.
danieln
post Apr 23 2014, 02:07 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

i have been doing programming for 10+ years. started with websites and now doing mobile apps. Ran a company with 10+ staffs years back with a friend but didn't work well.

All these years I have came across many fresh dreamers like you hoping to get someone to build their idea for a promised profit returned, but sad to say I never see any of them succeeded.

This already on the 2nd page but you still have not ball to disclose any slight idea of what you have in mind. It just shows that how insecure you are with the idea, so what make you think someone else should dump everything and jump on board with you?

alien3d
post Apr 23 2014, 03:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(danieln @ Apr 23 2014, 02:07 PM)
i have been doing programming for 10+ years. started with websites and now doing mobile apps. Ran a company with 10+ staffs years back with a friend  but didn't work well.

All these years I have came across many fresh dreamers like you hoping to get someone to build their idea for a promised profit returned, but sad to say I never see any of them succeeded.

This already on the 2nd page but you still have not ball to disclose any slight idea of what you have in mind. It just shows that how insecure you are with the idea, so what make you think someone else should dump everything and jump on board with you?
haha..he scare lol.. thinking software development cheapo cost.. like final year psm project cost RM500 to 5k.. whistling.gif .For sure he couldn't bear the price of visual studio 1 license also.. sweat.gif
TShexabox
post Apr 24 2014, 04:16 AM

23 posts

Hmm.. seems like I'm getting a lot of negative-intensive comments here. Maybe I have offended some of you, or you guys have the need to criticize people badly instead of telling nicely. However, I would like to say sorry and thank you for all your knowledge biggrin.gif keep calm ok guys
alien3d
post Apr 24 2014, 06:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(hexabox @ Apr 24 2014, 04:16 AM)
Hmm.. seems like I'm getting a lot of negative-intensive comments here. Maybe I have offended some of you, or you guys have the need to criticize people badly instead of telling nicely. However, I would like to say sorry and thank you for all your knowledge biggrin.gif keep calm ok guys
It's just a business and every it have and gain and loss.better learn proper way . and see how like kickstarter build their idea and crowd sourcing.not just oh i want to make that and those.all this people fork a lot of money just to make prototype and impress people.
malleus
post Apr 24 2014, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

when you're to approach VCs for funding, what makes you think you won't get the same thing as well? where your entire idea as well as business plan will be scrutinised and torn apart and its up to you to defend it?
koonghx
post Apr 24 2014, 02:01 PM

Enthusiast
888 posts

I think that you are living in your own world.
No one is offended. No one is angry.
Everyone here is just stating the obvious / the reality.
We can help you, but first, you will need to help yourself.

If you want to hear only good things and praises, then you will be disappointed.
What I see from your posts, is that you are still see the world through rose coloured glasses.

If you don't have an idea yet, then I would suggest you to start pick up a book, and learn programming by yourself, then find an idea and implement it along the way.
If you have an idea but doesn't want to tell us the detail because you are afraid that people will "steal" your idea. Then, I must tell you again, that ideas are WORTHLESS without implementation. You can grab a quick buck by submitting the idea to "idea competitions" that are held once in a while but that is another topic.

I would suggest you to read

http://paulgraham.com/articles.html

It has a lot of good advices for finding, implementing ideas. Paul Graham is a co-found for y-combinator which gave birth to dropbox, airbnb, reddit, scribd, and the list goes on.
Application for this year's ycombinator has ended but you can still apply late for it.
You submit your idea there and get funded through it.

Cheers!

VincentCS
post Apr 24 2014, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

It's funny because you don't need to apologize, you done nothing wrong nor you have offended anyone... forumer generally are just "Jerks" tongue.gif

Ok, now, let's dissect your situation, and compares against 2 scenarios:

1. What can you offer to the business?

- People have tonnes of it, but in the end, it fails without proper directions and implementations.
- You'll need a great business model. Let's face it, in reality, no "business" shall survive under the intense competition today (especially IT)
- Money? Unless the coder is cheated to sign a contract before round A funding, no amount money will last you long enough. Besides, if your money is that little, why don't the coder himself pitch the idea to a venture capitalist?

2. What does the coder/programmer gets from it.

- A good coder, no matter how good, still needs to eat, needs money to survive. So why don't he works in Microsoft or Google with handsome salary? You have to give a him a reason to work with you.
- If a coder is willing to works for you, even you know your idea is crappy (assume only tongue.gif )... then you must be suspicious right? why don't he works for Google? His coding skills must be half bucket. Human logic.
- 20%? 30%? 40%? Frankly, you can't even get it off the ground without a coder...so by logic, the coder should get no less than 80% at early phase (the shares will diluted, no worries). Seriously, it all depends on whether the coder is kind enough or not, without him? this stays square 1...

It's actually like comparing Apple and Oranges. They both are crucial to each another, a business can't survive without the right direction and business plans. Same goes, there won't be a business without a person to execute it. People nowadays think getting rich is very easy, especially after Facebook and Twitter IPO...all saw 20-ish billionaires. I am not trying to offend you, in fact I complimenting you, most of the youngster don't even know what is "Silicon valley" doh.gif

I had thought about initiating a startup as well. But as time progresses, the will diminished sad.gif Failure will did that to you.

For example, Apple. We all knew both Steve Job and Steve Wozniak started it. Wozniak is the brain, unfortunately most people don't know who Wozniak is...without Wozniak, there wouldn't be an Apple. Steve job can't even code!!! And yet he is the CEO of the largest Tech company in the world, This is not the right mentality... while Job might not be an Engineer, he has what other people doesn't have —— Business mind.

Do not get me wrong, I am not telling you to stop... In contrary, I am telling you to start, start ASAP! Wish you luck!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM