views

Quick`
post Apr 22 2014, 01:27 PM

Enthusiast
735 posts

well unless he takes it every day, its nothing sweat.gif

you have got no idea how many people have actually tried weed

especially those that studies overseas Aussie/UK, surely got weed experience
i understand that it comes as a sudden syiok to you as you perceived it to be drug = bad

anyways chill la, don't make it a biggie
wilstroth
post Apr 22 2014, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Kalau u baca dan tengok tv, "Jauhi lar dari dadah".

Anyway, weed is a herb and is a control substance too. In the US, the federal gov't protests the use of it but some state chose to legalized it due to medicinal value that can be use to treat certain ailments.

However, one shouldn't abuse it nevertheless the state legalized it or not. It is still a controlled drug.

YOLO is not a reason to do weed.
newbie99
post Apr 22 2014, 09:32 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(capricornus @ Apr 21 2014, 06:43 PM)
I've been an anonymous reader of lowyat for quite sometimes, but this is my first time posting here. Because there is an issue which bothers me since last night and I hope to hear some advice from you guys.

I have a steady boyfriend, and we are currently in long distance relationship where he study in the UK.
There are issues here and there but we manage to overcome them eventually. However last night was something really came as a shock to me.

During a recent trip with his friends, he tried to smoke weed aka marijuana.
When I heard it from him, I cant help but feel mad about it, and my facial expression changed.
He described the whole experience to me, from how they sneaked out from a friend's house and the sort of "high" experience that he felt during the drugs effect. He told me it wasn't something bad as cocaine, and after taking it, one still can focus and actually focus better.
It was his first time smoking weed. He said he just wanted to try, because YOLO.
There won't be second time, he promised.

I am somewhat confused and disappointed by this act of him, he has been a good bf and also a healthy person as a whole as he watch his diet rather strictly and also workout constantly. I feel as if I dont know him as much as I thought.
We nearly have an argument about this. Because I sort of attacked him saying "is it that you want to try to fit in?"
"what if your friends go to find prostitute?!"
He was rather pissed by my question and asked me don't always question his loyalty..

I used to trust him a lot, until this thing happened. I don't really know his friends background and else but I choose to trust his choice of friends.
Until this moment, although we had stopped debating about this weed issue, there is some part of me still feeling confused and disappointed..

Should I be worried?

TL;DR
- BF smoke weed for the first time
- told GF
- GF shocked and angry
- BF said no more next time but GF skeptical
Cannabis / Weed is actually not as dangerous as you think. It's actually safer to smoke weed than cigarettes! Weeds don't really kill, but the effect of getting high might make users do stupid and daring stuff which might lead to death. As a matter of fact, cannabis has been made into drugs. Weed usage is actually very prevalent in Western countries. My friend actually brought weed to the uni gym and offered me free puffs before and I was very tempted to try, as it was kind of legal to do it there but in Malaysia it's totally illegal. I guess he did it in because he knew it is not possible for him to do it in Malaysia without the risk of getting caught. We have been brought up to think weed is a big no no, but it is not actually that serious.

What you can do is to tell him firmly you would prefer him not to smoke weed. And comparing it to prostitution is way off, as doing so means betraying your trust/relationship. By the way, your boyfriend is good enough to tell you what he did and a lasting relationship is not just about love, but trust and understanding as well.
ace.princess
post Apr 23 2014, 04:26 PM

Enthusiast
713 posts

It's college, it's quite likely he's just experimenting as a one-off experience. That's what people do while at college. "YOLO" much perhaps?

As long as he doesn't repeat or turn it into a routine habit, it's still ok. You might be over-reacting.
triad
post Apr 23 2014, 04:29 PM

Casual
356 posts

Its just a weed.

It is consider good in medical field.

Unless ur bf is smoking cig, so do not worry
Username_Taken
post Apr 23 2014, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Its just weed, no big deal. And its not addictive like tobacco. Do you know that the annual death rate for weed is a big fat 0?
Hapeng
post Apr 23 2014, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

weed is nothing TS, in fact if you google, there are many sites that can tell u how weed is better than other poison, like alcohol etc.

give your guy a break
kitkatjapan
post Apr 23 2014, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

Coming from a guy..Weed is not a big deal. Seriously. YOLO. we only wanna try it once, and its not addictive. And he was honest and didn't hide it from you.
WhereTheLightIs
post Apr 24 2014, 04:11 PM

22 posts

honey, you're misinformed and dumb. Probably you're still too young and immature.
ELDave
post Apr 24 2014, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

My dear. Weed is nothing la. Not addictive at all. Not even chemical inside it. Trust me
ryanlaw86
post May 7 2014, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

weed only what ....

Drian
post May 7 2014, 11:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

I've been an anonymous reader of lowyat for quite sometimes, but this is my first time posting here. Because there is an issue which bothers me since last night and I hope to hear some advice from you guys.

I have a steady boyfriend, and we are currently in long distance relationship where he study in the UK.
There are issues here and there but we manage to overcome them eventually. However last night was something really came as a shock to me.

When I heard it from him, I cant help but feel mad about it, and my facial expression changed.
He described the whole experience to me, from how they sneaked out from a friend's house and the sort of "high" experience that he felt during the drugs effect. He told me it wasn't something bad as cocaine, and after taking it, one still can focus and actually focus better.
It was his first time smoking weed. He said he just wanted to try, because YOLO.

I am somewhat confused and disappointed by this act of him, he has been a good bf and also a healthy person as a whole as he watch his diet rather strictly and also workout constantly. I feel as if I dont know him as much as I thought.
We nearly have an argument about this. Because I sort of attacked him saying "is it that you want to try to fit in?"
He was rather pissed by my question and asked me don't always question his loyalty..

I used to trust him a lot, until this thing happened. I don't really know his friends background and else but I choose to trust his choice of friends.
Until this moment, although we had stopped debating about this weed issue, there is some part of me still feeling confused and disappointed..

Should I be worried?

TL;DR
- told GF
- GF shocked and angry
It's pretty common for students to smoke weed.. and judging by how you react you definitely haven't been to amsterdam.

Love6
post May 8 2014, 09:56 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(ELDave @ Apr 24 2014, 10:46 PM)
My dear. Weed is nothing la. Not addictive at all. Not even chemical inside it. Trust me
Trust you because you had smoked weed before? laugh.gif

You Never Weed Alone notworthy.gif
Phanjon
post May 8 2014, 12:45 PM

43 posts

From my personal experience. I studied in the UK for 4 years and got to the point of smoking weed everyday from morning to night. A spliff when i wake up and throughout the day till i sleep.

Yes I agree it isnt the best of things but it helped calm me down and in fact, I did most of my assignments while i was high. I think it comes down to finding the balance of when it is just right to mellow you down and when it is too much weed in your system, you just wanna knockout.

I am predominantly a pro-weed person as I dont feel it causes anything bad to you, as long as it aint cocaine, heroin, DMT, or any of those shit.

All weed does to you is gets you stoned and the most it will make you do is laugh and chill with your friends. None of those effects like cocaine and shit where it gets you hallucinating. It is just too common in the UK dear.

ahtom82
post May 9 2014, 05:10 PM

Casual
443 posts

kesian... they say honesty in relationship is most important... try it and get backfired... accused of going for prostitute lagi, even i never think of going... now that the idea came, hmmm why not try it... wahahaha

chill la... think before act...
SUSPedr0
post May 9 2014, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Its just weed..stop being so queen control
KVReninem
post May 10 2014, 08:03 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(capricornus @ Apr 21 2014, 09:43 PM)

Should I be worried?

TL;DR
- told GF
- GF shocked and angry
aiyo, just weed doh.gif doh.gif marijuana is legal for medical..

it was a sort of medicine... get your knowledge up first. that dont kill you.
the one kill you is ecstasy and cocaine.
KVReninem
post May 10 2014, 08:06 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Apr 22 2014, 04:12 PM)
i find many of the 'arguements' ppl have here are usually due to the lack of knowledge in things. they pass judgement influenced by their thinking, instead of knowing facts. know more, keep calm n save some souls
also. most is what media told them. like they rather knowing it from media than find the real facts of it rclxub.gif
KVReninem
post May 10 2014, 08:07 PM

IX
5,369 posts

well, the real addict of drug is smoking, and that kills you silent and slowly than marijuana

This post has been edited by KVReninem: May 10 2014, 08:07 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:01 AM