Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Whey Protein Timing

views

TSclan0907
post Apr 18 2014, 08:53 AM, updated 10y ago

44 posts

I'm overweight guy with 96kg... i've been doing workout for past 2 months..
i have question about Whey Protein timing?

I used take whey first thing in the morning.
and I take after every gym session (consist of cardio and weight lifting ) usually at night...

But the whey protein makes me hard to sleep at night (i've tried not to take protein and my sleep pattern is good)..

is it ok if i take protein after weight lifting and continue cardio afterwards? (usually i do it other way...)
TheEvilMan
post Apr 18 2014, 09:46 AM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

I usually take early in the morning, then press workout and post workout, casein before I sleep
lingleeyen
post Apr 18 2014, 10:12 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

You have lactose intolerance? My first intake of casein makes me not able to sleep because of movement in stomach. My whey is OK though.

TheEvilMan
post Apr 18 2014, 11:41 AM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Apr 18 2014, 10:12 AM)
You have lactose intolerance? My first intake of casein makes me not able to sleep because of movement in stomach. My whey is OK though.
i think i have some issue for the 1st 2 weeks taking whey, due to the facts that my whey blend in some creatine and taurine too which keep ur adrenaline high, but now i'm all good
unclemike
post Apr 18 2014, 11:50 AM

On my way
538 posts

disclaimer: this is just my opinion

to be honest with you. it doesn't matter. as long as by the end of the day u hit your targeted macro-nutrients.
-ccy-
post Apr 18 2014, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

Agreed with ^^^. Use whey to hit ur targetted protein intake. Thats all. Timing doesn't matter at all unless you got some health issue like stomach upset taking at the morning.

Whey protein is not magic drink that give u muscle or energy immediately after u drank it.
dave82
post Apr 18 2014, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

some whey protein may have caffeine added to it.

another thing is that doing cardio at night may make one to be alert and have difficulty in sleeping.
TheEvilMan
post Apr 20 2014, 06:14 AM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

QUOTE(dave82 @ Apr 18 2014, 03:14 PM)
some whey protein may have caffeine added to it.

another thing is that doing cardio at night may make one to be alert and have difficulty in sleeping.
Agree totally, workout at night do sometime give me a hard time to sleep, since the body is so active it refuse to rest biggrin.gif
pj_guitarist
post Apr 20 2014, 07:26 AM

Regular
1,625 posts

QUOTE(TheEvilMan @ Apr 20 2014, 06:14 AM)
Agree totally, workout at night do sometime give me a hard time to sleep, since the body is so active it refuse to rest  biggrin.gif
testosterone at work there.
unclemike
post Apr 21 2014, 05:52 PM

On my way
538 posts

QUOTE(-ccy- @ Apr 18 2014, 02:42 PM)
Agreed with ^^^. Use whey to hit ur targetted protein intake. Thats all. Timing doesn't matter at all unless you got some health issue like stomach upset taking at the morning.

Whey protein is not magic drink that give u muscle or energy immediately after u drank it.
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
GameFr3ak
post Apr 22 2014, 09:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(clan0907 @ Apr 18 2014, 08:53 AM)
I'm overweight guy with 96kg... i've been doing workout for past 2 months..
i have question about Whey Protein timing?

I used take whey first thing in the morning.
and I take after every gym session (consist of cardio and weight lifting ) usually at night...

But the whey  protein makes me hard to sleep at night (i've tried not to take protein and my sleep pattern is good)..

is it ok if i take protein after weight lifting and continue cardio afterwards? (usually i do it other way...)
Meal timing is not important. Overall nutrient intake of the day is key.
TheEvilMan
post Apr 22 2014, 11:54 AM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Apr 22 2014, 09:02 AM)
Meal timing is not important. Overall nutrient intake of the day is key.
I usually store up almost 2/3 my daily protein and carbs between 8-1pm, is it advisable?
VeeJay
post Apr 22 2014, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(TheEvilMan @ Apr 22 2014, 11:54 AM)
I usually store up almost 2/3 my daily protein and carbs between 8-1pm, is it advisable?
either breaking down your meals or going with standard 3 meal. Its all up to each individual. There is no right or wrong here, its one's preference.
GameFr3ak
post Apr 22 2014, 12:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(TheEvilMan @ Apr 22 2014, 11:54 AM)
It usually doesn't matter. As far as I know, the meals before your training can affect your performance. But if it affects your training then change it to suit your preference. Some people can train fasted, some people doesn't perform well in a fasted state.

The protein doesn't go straight to your bloodstream immediately, chances are your body is not using the protein that you just ingested.

So the significant difference that it'll make is probably just your performance in the gym.

For me, I won't do well if I'm too full or hungry. So I timed my meal away from my training but not too long apart that I'll get hungry in the gym.

Though, if you're already in a fasted state overnight and you're gonna do resistance training in the morning, then it'll make a big difference.

If you have time to read. Check this out indepth write up and research on nutrient timing.
TheEvilMan
post Apr 22 2014, 12:21 PM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Apr 22 2014, 12:04 PM)
It usually doesn't matter. As far as I know, the meals before your training can affect your performance. But if it affects your training then change it to suit your preference. Some people can train fasted, some people doesn't perform well in a fasted state.

The protein doesn't go straight to your bloodstream immediately, chances are your body is not using the protein that you just ingested.

So the significant difference that it'll make is probably just your performance in the gym.

For me, I won't do well if I'm too full or hungry. So I timed my meal away from my training but not too long apart that I'll get hungry in the gym.

Though, if you're already in a fasted state overnight and you're gonna do resistance training in the morning, then it'll make a big difference.

If you have time to read. Check this out indepth write up and research on nutrient timing.
i still eat post workout
just most protein and carb are stored during day time, so i wonder if they will get used up before my workout unsure.gif
TheEvilMan
post Apr 22 2014, 12:30 PM

囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧
668 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Apr 22 2014, 11:59 AM)
either breaking down your meals or going with standard 3 meal. Its all up to each individual. There is no right or wrong here, its one's preference.
i still doing 3 meals, just the protein and carb are stored early day and the post work out (dinner) is something starchy and sugary to allow energy for work out

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:04 PM