Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HyppTV Stuttering/Lag Issues

views

TSPapercut117
post Apr 16 2014, 05:44 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hi,

I'm am currently subscribed to Unifi's 5mbps along with a HyppTv Platinum Pack. I have been experiencing lag/stuttering issues with my HyppTv mainly for HD content and while viewing past/pre-recorded programs. It stutters so badly and its impossible to watch, the picture gets all pixelated. I've called up TM many and they've ran their so called maintenance and its still not being fixed. They are wanting to send a technician over to check this issue and if its found to be that the HyppTv box is faulty, its going to cost me RM400 to replace. I feel that its extremely overpriced for something of that build quality.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to solve this issue?
otua
post Apr 16 2014, 05:45 PM

Casual
499 posts

no warranty ?
TSPapercut117
post Apr 16 2014, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Warranty over. I've been using it for almost two years now. Got unifi a long time ago.
WebWalker
post Apr 16 2014, 06:09 PM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

This is definitely not related to Computer.

p/s go for Astro which has more channels.
TSPapercut117
post Apr 16 2014, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

This was the most suitable category to post in that I could find. Was using astro last time. Hypptv offers more channels and is far more cheaper.

I read a blog where someone told to give it a direct power source instead of connecting it via an extension socket. Tried it and its still the same.
netmatrix
post Apr 17 2014, 12:16 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Since u used it 2 years ago, its about the same time ad me. So u must be using the huawei STB. Ok notice that there is a USB port at the back right? Attach a USB fan, put on top of the STB and blow it to cool it down. When i got the STB i notice i did not like the heat it was generating. So i got a USB fan to cool it. No problem except need to clean the fan and STB unit from time to time of dust.

Side question, since u got platinum pack, did they upgrade to 10Mbps and Mega pack for you for free?

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Apr 17 2014, 12:17 AM
TSPapercut117
post Apr 17 2014, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 17 2014, 12:16 AM)
Since u used it 2 years ago, its about the same time ad me. So u must be using the huawei STB. Ok notice that there is a USB port at the back right? Attach a USB fan, put on top of the STB and blow it to cool it down. When i got the STB i notice i did not like the heat it was generating. So i got a USB fan to cool it. No problem except need to clean the fan and STB unit from time to time of dust.

Side question, since u got platinum pack, did they upgrade to 10Mbps and Mega pack for you for free?
If i'm not mistaken, its the Huawei STB. So are you saying that overheating is whats causing this problem?

I subscribed to the platinum pack 2 days ago and did not receive any free upgrades whatsoever. Am I supposed to get a free 10mbps upgrade?
netmatrix
post Apr 17 2014, 12:43 AM

6,491 posts

Ohh...u bought just the platinum pack. I thought u got the RM50 pack with unifi upgrade.
TSPapercut117
post Apr 17 2014, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

I took Platinum because the Mega had Chinese channels which I don't watch. So are you saying that if I took the Mega I would get free upgrade to 10mbps?

I can't find any offers on their site.
netmatrix
post Apr 17 2014, 12:47 AM

6,491 posts

It was advertised on paper also. Anyway ignore my package question. I may have mixed up the offers.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Apr 17 2014, 12:51 AM
huzzLEE_82
post Apr 17 2014, 09:01 AM

MHaF
1,301 posts

i also realize my STB has some issue if been power on for quite a long time.....
the remote will not respond well...1st i thought got battery issue...
then only i realize the issue occurs from heat....

once it heat up,it will has some lag to respond well with remote.....
i think need to replace STB at a better ventilated area
SUSmarumaru
post Apr 17 2014, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

hypptv dont depend on ur internet bandwidth even if its 5mbps, its separate.

if it lag, call unifi support and complain to them.

usually their techs know what to do, do note ur report no. so if it happen again u just push them ur old report so they know it happen before.
TSPapercut117
post Apr 20 2014, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

I've been monitoring the STB for these few days. I have not experienced any lag issues today and I'm guessing it may be due to overheating issues. It had been raining for some time and its pretty cold right now and that's what may be keeping the STB cool.

Could overheating cause a problem like this?
netmatrix
post Apr 21 2014, 02:21 AM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(Papercut117 @ Apr 20 2014, 10:41 PM)
I've been monitoring the STB for these few days. I have not experienced any lag issues today and I'm guessing it may be due to overheating issues. It had been raining for some time and its pretty cold right now and that's what may be keeping the STB cool.

Could overheating cause a problem like this?
Most probably due to heat. I have not faced lag problems but disruption of service only when they do upgrades and such. So the RM12 fan was an extremely good investment. laugh.gif The maintenance is a little put off as can see dust accumulating like a month plus. But worth it compared to paying money for a new STB.
TSPapercut117
post Apr 21 2014, 05:25 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

I will give this a try. Hopefully it would work and I can avoid paying for another STB. Will keep you guys posted.
eone
post Sep 21 2015, 06:17 PM

Prime
2,678 posts

This helped me, I've changed the adapter and stutters no more! 😜
victor_hoh
post Aug 16 2016, 09:45 AM

pump my muscles
1,179 posts

QUOTE(eone @ Sep 21 2015, 06:17 PM)
This helped me, I've changed the adapter and stutters no more! 😜
Hi Eone, my hypptv starts showing artifacts recently too, and usually a reboot will solve it 90%. The GUI of the HyppTV is like following. Where can I buy a new adaptor? And does it really solve all the stuttering/artifacts?

Attached Image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:33 PM