Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is Parkson/Aeon/Isetan selling original item?

views

TSace_limau
post Apr 14 2014, 03:10 PM, updated 10y ago

15 posts

I have some doubt buying from departmental stores, whether they're selling original items(esp clothings) from respected brands or not. Do you guys have any experience?
skeleton202
post Apr 14 2014, 10:12 PM

Perdana Malaysia ke-9
1,132 posts

guy vision,sam,forest they are all original :3
miragers
post Apr 16 2014, 09:17 AM

On my way
677 posts

original but locally made i guess..
netmatrix
post Apr 16 2014, 09:47 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

What kind of original are we talking about?
TSace_limau
post Apr 16 2014, 12:42 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 16 2014, 09:47 AM)
What kind of original are we talking about?
I mean international brands like Ecco, Hush Puppies, Diesel, Levi's etc.
netmatrix
post Apr 16 2014, 12:51 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(ace_limau @ Apr 16 2014, 12:42 PM)
I think you do not know how departmental store works. Places like Parkson, Metrojaya etc does not own any of the brands in there. They are done in consignment. The lost that they are assigned to are somewhat rented. Its either contractual or monthly. Usually contractual. Whatever stuff they sell they have to manage it. The dept store only assigns staff there. So on original items, the brands that u mentioned are definitely original. No dept store wants to house an imitation product company. The brands that you see are managed by the company that imports and distribute them. sometimes it goes 2 to 3 hands before landing on the shelves at the dept store.

Unless the distributor somehow is delivering imitation items there, then there would be consequences. It is cheaper to market products in dept store than a standalone shop. For the same price of a shop lot, u could be selling the same brand over 3 to 4 dept stores. Logic right?
razuryza
post Apr 16 2014, 12:52 PM

\('o')/~fewwwiitttt~\("0")/
5,515 posts

Of course original
andrew132
post Apr 16 2014, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Brands could be original but the question is what it is made of? some are 100% cotton which is cheaper
skeleton202
post Apr 16 2014, 07:52 PM

Perdana Malaysia ke-9
1,132 posts

how about reject shop?
Miracles
post Apr 16 2014, 09:47 PM

★ Detective /K ★
1,171 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 16 2014, 12:51 PM)
I think you do not know how departmental store works. Places like Parkson, Metrojaya etc does not own any of the brands in there. They are done in consignment. The lost that they are assigned to are somewhat rented. Its either contractual or monthly. Usually contractual. Whatever stuff they sell they have to manage it. The dept store only assigns staff there. So on original items, the brands that u mentioned are definitely original. No dept store wants to house an imitation product company. The brands that you see are managed by the company that imports and distribute them. sometimes it goes 2 to 3 hands before landing on the shelves at the dept store.

Unless the distributor somehow is delivering imitation items there, then there would be consequences. It is cheaper to market products in dept store than a standalone shop. For the same price of a shop lot, u could be selling the same brand over 3 to 4 dept stores. Logic right?
That is true. My friend used to work in Poney situated inside Metrojaya. Metrojaya does not own Poney. nod.gif
TSace_limau
post Apr 17 2014, 06:05 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Apr 16 2014, 12:51 PM)

Thanks for the clarification! rclxms.gif I admit I misunderstood how dept stores work!
TSace_limau
post Apr 17 2014, 06:07 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(skeleton202 @ Apr 16 2014, 07:52 PM)
how about reject shop?
yeah I doubt reject shop too. All I can see is Levi's jeans cheap imitation sold at fairly high price!
Imsilly
post Apr 17 2014, 07:29 AM

On my way
583 posts

QUOTE(ace_limau @ Apr 16 2014, 12:42 PM)
The "Diesel" sold in Malaysia is the locally made Diesel. Not to be confused with the Italian designer brand Diesel.
pj_guitarist
post Apr 17 2014, 07:56 AM

Regular
1,625 posts

it is original definitely, but 80 percent of the stuff looks out of fashion and plain nasty .
skeleton202
post Apr 17 2014, 02:19 PM

Perdana Malaysia ke-9
1,132 posts

QUOTE(Imsilly @ Apr 17 2014, 07:29 AM)
The "Diesel" sold in Malaysia is the locally made Diesel. Not to be confused with the Italian designer brand Diesel.
no wonder la the design are crap... i always confused when i see diesel stuff at our store laugh.gif
TomWillis
post Apr 17 2014, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Parkson isetan metrojaya and jusco confirm selling genuine item. But just outdated design lah. New design of coz sell it in their own standalone shop right

Reject shop and other departmental stores then not sure.
alphayou
post Apr 17 2014, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

Reject Shop have to be careful cos they got their goods directly from factory. The factory will sell to them in bulk irregardless of brands and size.Therefore sometimes u will see them selling rejected/overrun branded item and most of the time cheap clothing.
skeleton202
post Apr 17 2014, 07:09 PM

Perdana Malaysia ke-9
1,132 posts

QUOTE(alphayou @ Apr 17 2014, 06:43 PM)
Reject Shop have to be careful cos they got their goods directly from factory. The factory will sell to them in bulk irregardless of brands and size.Therefore sometimes u will see them selling rejected/overrun branded item and most of the time cheap clothing.
genuine factory or 3rd party factory?

problem with reject shop and fos are their size and design... 10 time went just found 1 shirt that look ok.. that's always my problem tongue.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:35 PM