Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BSG MY vs PH Showmatch, GSTL-type Best of 9

views

TSEnTaroAdun23
post Apr 13 2014, 04:31 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
140 posts

Hi, folks!

Now that I have internet, I promised myself to get this plan of mine going.

As the title says, this will be a Malaysia vs Philippines showmatch. And we're gonna start of with the BSGs--Bronze, Silver and Gold leagues. (If this goes great, we're gonna up the ante to Plat/Dia and M/GM), but for now, it will be BSG only).

So, to get this thing going, I would need 5 of you BSGs to sign up.

I've just gotten a hold of my good friend in the Philippines who will rally the Pinoy side of things.

We plan to hold this early May. I will be streaming, of course.

This will be it for now, details forthcoming.
myming
post Apr 14 2014, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Man, I have exams then, if not I'll participate for sure :/
Will this be the only one?
Timber2k7
post Apr 15 2014, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

i play protoss can join?
fujkenasai
post Apr 16 2014, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,137 posts

QUOTE(EnTaroAdun23 @ Apr 13 2014, 04:31 PM)
Hi, folks!

Now that I have internet, I promised myself to get this plan of mine going.

As the title says, this will be a Malaysia vs Philippines showmatch.  And we're gonna start of with the BSGs--Bronze, Silver and Gold leagues.  (If this goes great, we're gonna up the ante to Plat/Dia and M/GM), but for now, it will be BSG only).

So, to get this thing going, I would need 5 of you BSGs to sign up.

I've just gotten a hold of my good friend in the Philippines who will rally the Pinoy side of things. 

We plan to hold this early May.  I will be streaming, of course.

This will be it for now, details forthcoming.
count me in if really early may, keep us updated on fb

QUOTE(Timber2k7 @ Apr 15 2014, 05:15 PM)
i play protoss can join?
yeah GM latter la XP
NengBoom
post Apr 17 2014, 12:42 PM

5 posts

Great timing, just got back into Starcraft 2 together with a friend and one new member from my uni! biggrin.gif
yuu96
post Apr 17 2014, 04:47 PM

7 posts

w00t
TSEnTaroAdun23
post Apr 17 2014, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

If all goes well, this won't be the only one. The SC2 scene in the Philippines is quite large, so, at least for the Pinoy end, there won't be a shortage of players.

This is open to all races, as long as you are in Bronze, Silver or Gold. In the interest of fairness, we shall take into account your highest-attained 1v1 league. So if you have been a Plat (or higher) before, and have dropped down to BSG in the current ladder season for any reason, then, my apologies, you're no longer qualified. You'll have to wait for the Plat/Dia or M/GM matches.

We are still discussing if we will check for a "minimum number of 1v1 matches" on the player's profile, so this will be TBA. Personally though, I would like to check for this as it will only confirm that the participant is really BSG.

My friend and I are still discussing as to what format this will be. It can be either (or a combination) of the following:

1. GSTL style - best-of-9 all-kill format, meaning the winner will continue to play until either team gets 5 wins.

2. NASTL style - a player from both teams play each other, best-of-3. Player who wins 2 maps scores a point for the team. Team that scores 4 points wins.

We have agreed that only the current 1v1 ladder maps will be played for this showmatch. We have not yet decided on whether we will allow map vetoes.

So, this is what I have for now, more details when I get them!
mules
post Apr 20 2014, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

user posted image
TSEnTaroAdun23
post Apr 21 2014, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

Thanks for the large (unfunny) meme.

And, yes we've discussed it.

As such, we have decided that the players must have 50 1v1 games minimum on their account, must be currently ranked within Bronze, Silver or Gold in the current ladder 1v1 season, and must not be Platinum or above in any prior 1v1 ladder season.

We hope this prevents smurf accounts, in addition to the fact that the smurfer will have to shell out 70USD (more or less) to play a smurf on a BSG showmatch, not to mention besmirch the honor of the country they play for.

As for higher league players using valid BSG accounts, we will have no way to check this beforehand. However, this will be on a live stream. And as the observer, I will be able to see how each player plays. And anything suspicious, I will not hesitate to call out.

Another question that I just realized now is, which server will this be played on, SEA or NA?

I understand that the SEA server has lost quite a lot of its population to play on the NA server, but I also see that latency to NA is not as good as on SEA (especially for the Filipino players as they do not have fiber internet as we do here in Malaysia). Also, the account requirements (above) should apply to the account that the players will be using for the showmatch. I'll discuss this with my friend and update you all once we've come to a decision.
drakeria
post Apr 23 2014, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(mules @ Apr 20 2014, 12:35 PM)
user posted image
lai unker, i gip you a like
user posted image
SiewKaiz
post Apr 23 2014, 11:02 AM

Casual
304 posts

i would like to participate but then kolo2 got smurf my acc b4~ =.=a
NengBoom
post Apr 23 2014, 06:37 PM

5 posts

Bro, my friend is bronze -silver level but doesn't ladder cause he only plays when I spawn him. Will he still be able to join?
NengBoom
post Apr 23 2014, 06:39 PM

5 posts

Bro, my friend is bronze -silver level but doesn't ladder cause he only plays when I spawn him. Will he still be able to join?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 PM