Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> UNDERSUPPLY OF HOMES IN MALAYSIA, APPARENTLY, Discuss Malaysia's demand for homes Household

views

kochin
post Apr 10 2014, 10:28 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(accetera @ Apr 10 2014, 09:36 AM)
The truth is in Malaysia, private developers set the standards for Affordability Level. Haha. The government has been not influential or rather not capable of controlling the developers unlike Singapore.

Too bad.
QUOTE(jolokia @ Apr 10 2014, 10:08 AM)
Not influential or not capable ? or u mean not willing & what for ?..lol

As i said earlier household debt 86.8% against GDP is alarming,  debt getting more while economy not growing at par.
gomen expecting private to do charity.
clinging on to 'ceiling' prices which does not make sense at all.
it's practically forcing them to subsidize.
sell at ceiling price = selling at a loss and have to recover from other parcels.
once subsidizing comes into play, it is no longer a fair trade lor.

household debt is not purely caused by spendings alone. if income were increased, debts are also reduces, no?

on plan, the low cost house is a great idea.
but lack of enforcement and upkeep causes it too fail big time.
good area sapued by insiders and kena goreng for profiteering.
bad areas become hotspot for crimes.

let's see whether pr1ma can replace low cost house or not.
SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(accetera @ Apr 10 2014, 01:00 AM)
Btw when we talk about Homes, do not forget our majority population - Malays.

Home ownership amongst Malays are still at the infancy stage. But things will change as they are now demanding more homes but cannot afford, which is another issue.
I touched this on the first day I join. And the majority malays maybe at the cannot afford expensive home level, but there are more babies being created everyday that the chances of them being successful is increasing numberwise.

Captain Zaharie, the pilot of the ill fated mh370 i read came from a family of 8 siblings. And his children, are quite well off too. It is a geometric mathematical exponential progression of more Malays are going to afford homes thus increasing demand.
SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(bearbearwong @ Apr 10 2014, 01:04 AM)
no racist issue to my Malay comrades... Malays majority are not paying good for properties.. they fancy car first.. of course affordability is the bar..

it a given fact places where majority are non Malays properties are 30% more expensive..
Oh come on bear bear. The kiasu attituted of fancy cars rather than a home is not from the Malays. Malays would use motorbike.

And i bought two amaya instead of two cars. Remember? Lots of my malay frens upgraded themselves to new homes.
prody
post Apr 10 2014, 10:39 AM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

Is it difficult to buy a home? No
Is it difficult to rent a home? No

I don't see there is much undersupply, unless you are talking about very specific highly wanted areas.

bearbearwong
post Apr 10 2014, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,532 posts

QUOTE(AmayaBumibuyer @ Apr 10 2014, 10:36 AM)
Oh come on bear bear. The kiasu attituted of fancy cars rather than a home is not from the Malays. Malays would use motorbike.

And i bought two amaya instead of two cars. Remember? Lots of my malay frens upgraded themselves to new homes.
i am sorry to make further remarks.. yupe majority uses motorcycle because they cant afford to take cars.. those who can afford cars will definitely hit cars first.. it is not fair to say just Malays alone.. in fact all races do.. just on this fact it was tied down to Malays..

Malays due to it majority numbers are in fact the greatest market in Malaysia.. however it is dampened by affordability.. thus leaving market to float based on other races..

and i stress again, not all Malays are poor or middle class..there are elites one.. if government don't want to assist them, they will ended up renting... or owning properties outskirt ..

i know Malays friends upgraded, you also agreed that high earning Malays are within the city center.. there still big majority from non city center and coming to city center.. this has really nothing to racist ok?
SUStikaram
post Apr 10 2014, 10:59 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Apr 10 2014, 11:39 AM)
Is it difficult to buy a home? No
Is it difficult to rent a home? No

I don't see there is much undersupply, unless you are talking about very specific highly wanted areas.
Ya lor...it is getting harder to rent our my old condo if i dont lower down the rent.

Over supply already la.

SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 11:01 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(bearbearwong @ Apr 10 2014, 10:46 AM)
i am sorry to make further remarks.. yupe majority uses motorcycle because they cant afford to take cars.. those who can afford cars will definitely hit cars first.. it is not fair to say just Malays alone.. in fact all races do.. just on this fact it was tied down to Malays..

Malays due to it majority numbers are in fact the greatest market in Malaysia.. however it is dampened by affordability.. thus leaving market to float based on other races..

and i stress again, not all Malays are poor or middle class..there are elites one.. if government don't want to assist them, they will ended up renting... or owning properties outskirt ..

i know Malays friends upgraded, you also agreed that high earning Malays are within the city center.. there still big majority from non city center and coming to city center.. this has really nothing to racist ok?
Well just saying that ur statement wasnt true. Yeah maybe not just Malays alone want to have cars first. But Malays I believe are one of the first who believe that owning a house is more important. Well judging from my circle of frens. I dont have statistics to back me up. My mom force my brother to buy a flat last time. That was very funny thinking back. Well anybody who bought anything 5 years ago will gain capital appreciation already.

Ok ok i know u are not racists. But some of ur DDD frens are. Rooney deleted of the racist comment before anybody can report. And that banana fren of urs, mod deleted his comment last time I remember.
SUStikaram
post Apr 10 2014, 11:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

QUOTE(accetera @ Apr 10 2014, 12:33 AM)
They say on nationwide basis, Local Developers have been building less and less over the years.

user posted image

There is a mismatch between supply and demand for homes. Malaysia seemed to have a severe UNDERSUPPLY of homes, on nationwide annual basis. However, I believe that the undersupply is largely for the affordable home segment. The opinion writer mentions that the affordability index now hovers at around RM500,000 to RM700,000 for a decent home where your family can grow.

user posted image
TS selectively only create thread base on bbb whach ww newd.

Ignore the DDD news geng ah! thumbup.gif
SUSjolokia
post Apr 10 2014, 11:10 AM

So Hot It Burns..!!!
3,274 posts

QUOTE(AmayaBumibuyer @ Apr 10 2014, 10:33 AM)
I touched this on the first day I join. And the majority malays maybe at the cannot afford expensive home level, but there are more babies being created everyday that the chances of them being successful is increasing numberwise.

Captain Zaharie, the pilot of the ill fated mh370 i read came from a family of 8 siblings. And his children, are quite well off too. It is a geometric mathematical exponential progression of more Malays are going to afford homes thus increasing demand.
Indon & Phipinos also anak berlambak do u see their country majority people can afford a reasonable house or not ?

Bela 10 anak senang ke 2-3 ?
Hantar 10 anak ke Uni berapa orang yang mampu ?

Hang ingat semua orang kaya macam saudagar minyak dari timur tengah koh..lol

Why do you think Brunei who produce less oil than Malaysia is many times richer than us & people no need to pay tax ?? Same theory mah because they have less population to feed.

icemanfx
post Apr 10 2014, 11:25 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

There are 150m population in Bangladesh, 5% or 7.5m are staying in us$500k house. Are there more rich people in Singapore, Malaysia or Bangladesh? Are there under supply of house in Bangladesh?

MishimaZ
post Apr 10 2014, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What is this developers bollocking about? In 2009 don't see such statement, even there is, okay I understand we are having a god damn boom. But then when you lousy developers build houses, you used the system so that people can buy and hold multiply units without worrying on the repercussions while profiting yourselves from the sales without bothering of the affects. Prices of condos that were eventually so cheap to build but became like hot cakes and keep rising exponentially and still there is a undersupply? Undersupply for foreign expats ke? Bodoh giler la developer sekarang.

QUOTE(accetera @ Apr 10 2014, 09:36 AM)
The truth is in Malaysia, private developers set the standards for Affordability Level. Haha. The government has been not influential or rather not capable of controlling the developers unlike Singapore.

Too bad.
All parties at fault. Developers set the price, but buyers are the ones who choos to buy at an inflated price, government and banks close eys as long can create fake wealth without working hard at all. They may had realised it recently that it is wrong and trying to contain, which we know it can hardly be realized because of the highest in this ponzi scheme (the government themselves) are corrupt, leading to corrupt like businesses, and corrupting buyers mindsets.

QUOTE(Kevin Chan @ Apr 10 2014, 10:26 AM)
KWSP is the biggest developer in Malaysia, they owned most of the major developer ... how to control when the biggest Wolf is our government ...  tongue.gif 

recent SP setia fiasco not affordable enough for us meh ?
The truth of the government debts, there goes my retirement money. sad.gif
TSaccetera
post Apr 10 2014, 11:57 AM

Ambassador of Housing
All Stars
10,775 posts

Like it or not, an estimated 170 new HIGHRISE projects were revealed last year. Most are releasing phase by phase or even level by level, where only these numbers are counted for.

This is Klang Valley alone. However, in terms of total no. of units, I think a Country Garden in Danga Bay (Iskandar) can tapau all.

This year, I think we might see around 170 or more new ones again, judging from applications being made.

This post has been edited by accetera: Apr 10 2014, 11:58 AM
SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(jolokia @ Apr 10 2014, 11:10 AM)
Indon & Phipinos also anak berlambak do u see their country majority people can afford a reasonable house or not ?

Bela 10 anak senang ke 2-3 ?
Hantar 10 anak ke Uni berapa orang yang mampu ?

Hang ingat semua orang kaya macam saudagar minyak dari timur tengah koh..lol

Why do you think Brunei who produce less oil than Malaysia is many times richer than us & people no need to pay tax ?? Same theory mah because they have less population to feed.
I dont live in Indon or Philipines or Brunei. I live in Malaysia and this is what I see. Ada paham ka jolok?

And again the whole of Malaysia is demanding a tiny space of Kuala Lumpur. U paham tak? Hey u can still buy Bukit Beruntong as I said.

Bela 10 anak susah? Well U are underestimating Captain Zaharie parents who raised 8 children and made him a pilot.
leagan
post Apr 10 2014, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

In fact compare to most of cities in the world, our housing affordability is still low, just we don’t realize that as we stay comfort for too long time.
Below comparison for reference:

Index KL SG Jakarta Bangkok Shanghai London
Price to Income Ratio: 9.16 22.65 20.46 19.95 27.87 15.19
Mortgage as Percentage of Income: 73.60% 142.37% 231.90% 178.50% 249.64% 112.80%
Loan Affordability Index: 1.36 0.70 0.43 0.56 0.40 0.89
Price to Rent Ratio - City Centre: 18.71 27.24 15.73 18.71 31.63 25.07
Price to Rent Ratio - Outside of Centre: 18.08 24.65 19.98 23.85 27.51 24.20
Gross Rental Yield (City Centre): 5.35% 3.67% 6.36% 5.35% 3.16% 3.99%
Gross Rental Yield (Outside of Centre): 5.53% 4.06% 5.00% 4.19% 3.63% 4.13%

http://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/...ty=Kuala+Lumpur

SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 12:14 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Apr 10 2014, 11:25 AM)
There are 150m population in Bangladesh,  5% or 7.5m are staying in us$500k house. Are there more rich people in Singapore,  Malaysia  or Bangladesh? Are there under supply of house in Bangladesh?
Again we are living in Malaysia and not Bangladesh.
SUSjolokia
post Apr 10 2014, 12:23 PM

So Hot It Burns..!!!
3,274 posts

QUOTE(AmayaBumibuyer @ Apr 10 2014, 11:57 AM)
I dont live in Indon or Philipines or Brunei. I live in Malaysia and this is what I see. Ada paham ka jolok?

And again the whole of Malaysia is demanding a tiny space of Kuala Lumpur. U paham tak? Hey u can still buy Bukit Beruntong as I said.

Bela 10 anak susah? Well U are underestimating Captain Zaharie parents who raised 8 children and made him a pilot.
That's what i said if bapak hang saudagar kaya no problem but how many ?

Remind me of P Ramlee Nujum Pak Belalang jokes

1 Banyak Banyak,
2 Kadang Kadang,
3 Sikit Sikit,
4 Jarang Jarang.

U use 1-2 rare case & consider as entire society norm.

For you viewing pleasure laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNZxUMnIyQ

This post has been edited by jolokia: Apr 10 2014, 12:29 PM
icemanfx
post Apr 10 2014, 12:28 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

QUOTE(AmayaBumibuyer @ Apr 10 2014, 12:14 PM)
Again we are living in Malaysia and not Bangladesh.
Similar scenario; Undersupply of affordable houses for the majority, and only few could afford newly built.

HuiChyr
post Apr 10 2014, 12:29 PM

On my way
567 posts

QUOTE(accetera @ Apr 9 2014, 11:33 PM)
They say on nationwide basis, Local Developers have been building less and less over the years.

user posted image

There is a mismatch between supply and demand for homes. Malaysia seemed to have a severe UNDERSUPPLY of homes, on nationwide annual basis. However, I believe that the undersupply is largely for the affordable home segment. The opinion writer mentions that the affordability index now hovers at around RM500,000 to RM700,000 for a decent home where your family can grow.

user posted image
First of all, who is this person writing this article. Ada betul ka the affordability index?
Might as well push the "affordability index" to 1 - 2 million. Hahaha .... another day dreamer.
Like a DUMBASS KID that I knew frm another thread ..... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
ManutdGiggs
post Apr 10 2014, 12:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

QUOTE(jolokia @ Apr 10 2014, 12:23 PM)

1 Banyak Banyak,
2 Kadang Kadang,
3 Sikit Sikit, 
4 Jarang Jarang.

Boss does rare case include those 1 or 2 units fire sales in 1 whole area eg. Klcc??? Btw, I stil dun get a clear pic of how much discount fr wat price to b considered fire sales. Or dead chic price. Are both the same or which one should b cheaper???

Btw, recently really got chic died???
SUSAmayaBumibuyer
post Apr 10 2014, 12:38 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(jolokia @ Apr 10 2014, 12:23 PM)

1 Banyak Banyak,
2 Kadang Kadang,
3 Sikit Sikit, 
4 Jarang Jarang.

For you viewing pleasure  laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNZxUMnIyQ
Laa..u think Captain Zaharie father tu saudagar kaya kee?

Yes Nujum Pak Belalang refers too people who marry a lot, but for rich malays, it is more banyak banyak. Because we hear it a lot and we seldom hear malay people marry a lot, but we hear rich malays a lot.

It is not that rare to find well off malays nowadays, but again it is just that the poor overwhelms the rich.

38 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 PM