Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Daiso fan club V1, for all Daiso fans & cheapskates

views

Sigint
post Jul 22 2015, 07:13 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Meh, only bother entering shops like Daiso for hard to find imported snacks and other crap.

If you are looking for affordable and quality goods like electronics and gadgets better just go to places like Pudu or LYP. Likewise if you want the best bang for bucks for anything then better do your own research first, that's the general rule for a smart shopper.
Sigint
post Jul 23 2015, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Jul 23 2015, 08:47 AM)
dude Pudu morning market sells lightning cable for rm8, LYP, can't see anything below rm5. Pudu mainly for flashlight/baton etc.
Interface cables would depend on the quality, if you expecting anything decent from lightining and those micro-B USB connectors then prepare to spend something along the line of 10-20 bucks more or less.

There are tons of cheap interface cables on the market but they can be a hit or miss, they either have questionable built quality or does not fulfill the standard specifications in terms of providing power output, you simply get what you paid for. I have once tested a cheap below RM10 USB3.0 extension cable and it obviously failed to provide sufficient to power 2.5" external drives and even certain USB flash drives. doh.gif

This post has been edited by Sigint: Jul 23 2015, 12:16 PM
Sigint
post Jul 23 2015, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Jul 23 2015, 01:24 PM)
cables are just cables, the only problem that can occur would be their QC, and if they use thinner wires, but it's just USB power, at most 1-2A.

it's like saying if i want superior audio i have to use rm1k Gold plated cables.
For interface cables this is not the case.

http://lifehacker.com/cables-can-significa...of-y-1532784722

I have personally been using FireWire, USB and Lightning cables ever since USB 1.1 and for someone who constantly rely on these connectors to interface and power various devices it's rather easy to tell the quality and reliability from one. Not all these cables are created nor perform equally.
Sigint
post Jul 23 2015, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ Jul 23 2015, 01:47 PM)
most people buy them as extras for mainly charging power. since most people already have the original cables. anyway those cheap cables are just normal cables like USB not USB 3.0, serves their purpose, and if it's faulty just get another 1 only cost rm10, people have discussed about the cables bought there.

and i don't know how good the quality of those so called rm20 cables, since cheapest original cable are more expensive than rm20.
It's something to think about. Most mainstream users will of course have little knowledge about the make of the interface cables they bought, regardless where they bought it from thinking all cables are the same and created equal.

If you are looking for very reasonably priced cables with great quality then I highly recommend looking out for Remax. You can easily get them from local sellers over here. They are priced around RM10+ depending on the type and length, I found them way better than those generic or aftermarket cables.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.68    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 PM