120 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Liverpool Kop Talk 2014, Liv 3-2 NorW | Snodgrass header

views

Cloud0890
post Apr 8 2014, 02:35 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

There would also be the problem of dealing with the disappointment throughout next season. Liverpool haven’t been involved in many title races over the years, but when they were, the seasons that followed were always tainted with a melancholic remembrance for what might have been.

Roy Evans’ 1997 failure, finishing seven points behind Manchester United, impacted on his next challenge. Gerard Houllier’s men, having also finished seven points short, rallied early in the 2002-03 season after an unsuccessful chasing of Arsenal the previous campaign, but Champions League capitulation impacted on the campaign to such an extent Liverpool went 11 league games without a victory. It was a blow from which Houllier never recovered.

Liverpool’s last tilt at ending the search for their Holy Grail arrived in 2009 but it was foiled by Manchester United’s excellent tally of 90 points. The following season saw yet another early Champions League exit, symbolising the disappointment of coming so close to success in the previous league campaign.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/2813?cc=4716
carloz28
post Apr 8 2014, 08:17 AM

Sons of Anarchy
444 posts

Eriksen was beasting this morning. Critics were left in stonecold silence.

This post has been edited by carloz28: Apr 8 2014, 08:19 AM
donalduck
post Apr 8 2014, 08:22 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Apr 8 2014, 08:17 AM)
he is now their main man in the attack, wont be dropped to bench anymore.
Mikeshashimi
post Apr 8 2014, 08:25 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(hifzil @ Apr 8 2014, 12:20 AM)
user posted image
effing lol'ed in the office
Mikeshashimi
post Apr 8 2014, 08:29 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1775279/...erkusen?cc=4716

awww...

Hyypia sacked by Leverkusen.
donalduck
post Apr 8 2014, 09:02 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Apr 8 2014, 08:29 AM)
leverkusen isnt exactly a small club. sami will find a smaller club and start over

that said, im reallllly excited on pool against city. i made a vow early of the season that ill watch all pool game this 13/14 season. only misses a few due to weekend events ..but this last 5 matches, im surely not gonna miss it.

ps: vouched forcity against qpr last 2 season and how excited was that match being an outsider, couldn imagine i could still feel the istanbul moment ever again, maybe this time? fighting it till the end, go pool!
donalduck
post Apr 8 2014, 09:22 AM

Casual
452 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I299Xrryhbc

gotta love this man!

touche Sturridge smile.gif
Max_07s
post Apr 8 2014, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Apr 8 2014, 12:17 AM)
against sunderland.. still not convincing. he has been silent in a big match not just Liverpool match.

he's good talent at ajax but at spurs, he's not shine. now I understand why big team not so fond into him
jacckl
post Apr 8 2014, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Max_07s @ Apr 8 2014, 09:26 AM)
against sunderland.. still not convincing. he has been silent in a big match not just Liverpool match.

he's good talent at ajax but at spurs, he's not shine. now I understand why big team not so fond into him
a bit too harsh, it's only his 1st season, at least he's better than aspas.
Max_07s
post Apr 8 2014, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(jacckl @ Apr 8 2014, 01:37 AM)
yes I know, probably because of spurs manager. but for now, he's only shine against lesser team. smile.gif
melt
post Apr 8 2014, 09:43 AM

Enthusiast
949 posts

QUOTE(Max_07s @ Apr 8 2014, 09:26 AM)

sometime is not about which team he play with is how the manager used him. In smaller team if you are big player with high reputation manager will tend to built a team surrounding you but its not the same when you are just one of the big reputation player in the team.

Manager play an important role to make the best of someone.

8sg9ft
post Apr 8 2014, 09:48 AM

blablabla
1,765 posts

QUOTE(led_zep_freak @ Apr 7 2014, 09:30 PM)
Funniest part was him telling others to stay calm. Oh Kolo.
laugh.gif Yeah his reaction after the header was like "Chill the **** guys, I got this shit covered. Mig, throw it to Flanno will you?" tongue.gif

QUOTE(hifzil @ Apr 8 2014, 12:20 AM)
user posted image
laugh.gif This is a good one
Burningsunz
post Apr 8 2014, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

it seems that everton fans rather their club lose CL spot than to see us crowned as champions
Mikeshashimi
post Apr 8 2014, 09:53 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(Burningsunz @ Apr 8 2014, 09:49 AM)
it seems that everton fans rather their club lose CL spot than to see us crowned as champions
mana sos?
Burningsunz
post Apr 8 2014, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Apr 8 2014, 09:53 AM)
mana sos?
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/a...eague-champions

Everton fear they could be in position to crown Liverpool as champions
• Section of fans would rather miss Champions League slot
• Martínez's team could decide Premier League winners

There is a dilemma looming for Everton should they maintain the form that demolished Arsenal on Sunday and close in on Champions League qualification. What if they help Liverpool win the Premier League by beating Manchester City on the penultimate weekend of the season?

According to Sylvain Distin, some Evertonians at Goodison Park would rather concede a top four finish than assist in a 19th league championship for their Merseyside rivals.

Everton's quandary is at present hypothetical and Roberto Martínez's team, one point behind Arsenal with a game in hand following their 3-0 win over Arsène Wenger's side, face a demanding run-in before City arrive at Goodison Park on 3 May. But the prospect has been discussed. Merseyside enjoyed its best ever month of league results in March with Everton and Liverpool boasting a 100% record from their combined 10 matches. The sequence continued on Sunday when Liverpool followed Everton's success with a 2-1 win at West Ham United that returned Brendan Rodgers's team to the Premier League summit.

For Distin and Everton's players there is no dilemma; they are intent on marking Martínez's impressive first season as manager by qualifying for the Champions League for the first time since 2004-05. For some boyhood blues working at the club, however, it is a different matter.

The club's veteran, and astonished, central defender said: "We've spoken about it with some of the staff and said 'What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?' The funny thing is some people would rather we don't get Champions League as long as they don't win the league. It's mad! Personally I'd rather be in the Champions League. You can't miss a chance for that. It would be amazing for the city if both clubs made it. I think deep down both sets of fans would like it if both clubs were in it."

Everton have momentum in the race for Champions League qualification, having won nine consecutive home games in all competitions in 2014, but the two Merseyside clubs have never finished in the top four together in the Premier League era. Kevin Mirallas, however, believes Arsenal are faltering under pressure to maintain their 16-year residency among the European elite.

"There's so much pressure on Arsenal now because things are in our hands. They are almost obliged to be in the Champions League, that's what they do. They've qualified for years, but we are breathing down their necks and we can go fourth if we win our game in hand.

"It would be great to make the Champions League, for everyone here. Each and every one of us. But we need to keep going and hope it can happen. I have played in that competition at two of my previous clubs and when I signed for Everton my ambition was to achieve it again in my career. That's what I'm dreaming of now."

Manchester City arrive on Merseyside this weekend, of course, for an Anfield date with league leaders Liverpool that could shape the title race. But Jordan Henderson has dismissed the game's billing as the title decider. The Liverpool midfielder said: "We've got five games left. It's not one. It's five. We've got to take each one as it comes and it is City. It's a big game but so are the other four. We've got to concentrate, keep our focus and keep approaching games like we have been."
Mikeshashimi
post Apr 8 2014, 09:57 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(Burningsunz @ Apr 8 2014, 09:55 AM)
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/a...eague-champions

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

well, those are only a handful.

The city would want both to be in the UCL.
Burningsunz
post Apr 8 2014, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Apr 8 2014, 09:57 AM)
well, those are only a handful.

The city would want both to be in the UCL.
yea, but i was suprised that some of their fans would rather see their club to be a mid table club than to fight for top europe honour
Mikeshashimi
post Apr 8 2014, 10:00 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(Burningsunz @ Apr 8 2014, 09:58 AM)
yea, but i was suprised that some of their fans would rather see their club to be a mid table club than to fight for top europe honour
normal la...

if you can't succeed, you want others to fail together.

skulless
post Apr 8 2014, 10:42 AM

Over rated general
957 posts

Why would anyone not want to be in the CL? That is just lazy and sensationalist journalism.
kenlimfornication
post Apr 8 2014, 11:49 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(jacckl @ Apr 8 2014, 09:37 AM)
Now that's really harsh. Firstly, he's a different class from Suarez and Sturridge. Secondly, how many minutes did he play the entire season bar pre-season?

I'm not backing Aspas that he will be our 3rd world class striker next season. I'm just saying that, we haven't seen him play enough and he's not the striker that we were thinking that will change the fate of Liverpool like when we brought in Torres or Suarez.

Poor Aspas.

120 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:24 PM