Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asked to 'look for a job elsewhere', Through Watssap message

views

TSNinjitsu
post Apr 7 2014, 01:09 PM, updated 10y ago

Casual
406 posts

I was asked to 'look for a job elsewhere' by the boss through Watssap late last month. I complied and handed in my resignation letter 3 days later, giving 2 months' notice according to my employment terms. The job was stressful and the boss was playing the blame game on me.
The company has several Watssap chat rooms discussing about work with the boss. The blame game got so bad that I snapped. I posted a very long account in the Watssap chat room reasoning whatever happened was not my fault, quoting the truths and substantiating with evidence. No profanities. The boss immediately replied through the chat room that I need not have to come in to work the next day.
Now, I have a few queries:
1. What do you make of this method of dismissing the employee?
2. Right now, the company is supposed to pay me 2 months' salary in lieu. Can they like pay me end of 2 consecutive months or must they pay me immediately in a lump sum? I am still holding the company's keys and access cards.
3. The company still owe me expenses claims arrears for 4 months. Can they pay me progressively or do they have to pay immediately in a lump sum?
4. The company has been deducting employees' portion for EPF contributions but has been late in making payments to EPF. Delayed for 4 months already. Is this excusable?
Any responses appreciated...
aredill
post Apr 7 2014, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Does chatroom statement consider official.
Consult wif ur HR dept first, bring ur boss with to discuss matter.
later no compensation u will regret...case closed cuz consider u run away
genyou90
post Apr 7 2014, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

agree with aredill, at least have some document or email or what.... else ur boss can jst make another story...
aurora97
post Apr 7 2014, 01:56 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(Ninjitsu @ Apr 7 2014, 01:09 PM)
I was asked to 'look for a job elsewhere' by the boss through Watssap late last month. I complied and handed in my resignation letter 3 days later, giving 2 months' notice according to my employment terms. The job was stressful and the boss was playing the blame game on me.
The company has several Watssap chat rooms discussing about work with the boss. The blame game got so bad that I snapped. I posted a very long account in the Watssap chat room reasoning whatever happened was not my fault, quoting the truths and substantiating with evidence. No profanities. The boss immediately replied through the chat room that I need not have to come in to work the next day.
2. Right now, the company is supposed to pay me 2 months' salary in lieu. Can they like pay me end of 2 consecutive months or must they pay me immediately in a lump sum? I am still holding the company's keys and access cards.
3. The company still owe me expenses claims arrears for 4 months. Can they pay me progressively or do they have to pay immediately in a lump sum?
4. The company has been deducting employees' portion for EPF contributions but has been late in making payments to EPF. Delayed for 4 months already. Is this excusable?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Need further advice, try checking with labour department.

sorry typo prone today (actually every other day.

This post has been edited by aurora97: Apr 7 2014, 02:04 PM
hanimanz
post Apr 7 2014, 02:37 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Ninjitsu @ Apr 7 2014, 01:09 PM)
bro, based on my experience for no 4. You can report to EPF. Call their call center 03-8922 6000.

they also hv FB maybe you can ask them there :

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=285352233398

dont let this kind of employer run away from their responsibility.
TSNinjitsu
post Apr 8 2014, 06:04 AM

Casual
406 posts

Thanks aurora97 and all for your feedback and comments.

Right now the company is asking me to sign a letter stating I am going on paid leave for 2 months and salary will be paid April end and May end. Should I sign this or should I still try to negotiate that salary in lieu be paid immediate in a lump sum?

Appreciate your inputs.
SUSlowya
post Apr 20 2014, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(Ninjitsu @ Apr 8 2014, 06:04 AM)
Thanks aurora97 and all for your feedback and comments.

Right now the company is asking me to sign a letter stating I am going on paid leave for 2 months and salary will be paid April end and May end. Should I sign this or should I still try to negotiate that salary in lieu be paid immediate in a lump sum?

Appreciate your inputs.
The company is motivated to delay your payment further if you don't insist of getting full salary in lieu of notice.

If a boss dare to say don't come to work tomorrow, then ask him to settle it all today, in lieu.
abc2005
post Apr 20 2014, 05:22 PM

UNIVERSE is my CATALOGUE
2,076 posts

Always look for black and white in whatever circumstances, possibly with all the relevant signatures confirming the dismissal or resignation. Online messages are not valid grounds for official dealings.

This post has been edited by abc2005: Apr 20 2014, 05:24 PM
hiyyl
post Apr 20 2014, 07:59 PM

Flying panda~
685 posts

definitely need black n white
TSNinjitsu
post Apr 21 2014, 09:44 PM

Casual
406 posts

What I have is a signed 'Paid Leave for 2 months' form from the boss. Hopefully that is enough to ensure payment of salary?
SUSlowya
post Apr 23 2014, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(Ninjitsu @ Apr 21 2014, 09:44 PM)
What I have is a signed 'Paid Leave for 2 months' form from the boss. Hopefully that is enough to ensure payment of salary?
sound like after 2 months u can still work and tender for another 2 months in lieu of notice. Not bad a deal.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:51 PM