Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need opinions on writing a decent resume

views

evolove15
post Apr 17 2014, 02:02 PM

something
687 posts

QUOTE(nicefriendly @ Apr 17 2014, 12:26 AM)
With a medium level CGPA result in engineering, if i put expected salary RM2000, is this salary considered high or low for first job applicant like me?
No need to put expected. In application form, just put 'Negotiable'. You can negotiate your salary AFTER they offer you.

So normally at which stage of the hiring process the company will call the referrer? Will the company call the referrer even before they contacted the job applicants? Or they will call the referrer only when they have high certainty that they will hire the job applicant?

I ask this because in order to increase the chances of success i plan to apply to multiple companies at once, but i afraid the referrer will get too many phone call from multiple company. Will this happen?
Usually it will be after the interview, when they think you are suitable for them. But it depends on the hiring manager. I don't put them in my resume. If they request, I can provide them then.

How can be considered a good piece of photo?
Actually my outer appearance is not too good and not too ugly. But some time when i dont smile i feel my face look like very angry. I afraid if i put photo, it is not that good.
Then don't put a photo in your resume. I am considered 'good looking' according to most people, but I still don't put them on my resume. Seriously, unless they explicitly mention that they require a photo, just omit it.

flyf
post Apr 17 2014, 05:52 PM

12 posts

I ask this because in order to increase the chances of success i plan to apply to multiple companies at once, but i afraid the referrer will get too many phone call from multiple company. Will this happen?
Actually my outer appearance is not too good and not too ugly. But some time when i dont smile i feel my face look like very angry. I afraid if i put photo, it is not that good.

i pick resume that leaves an impression.

imagine, what differentiate you and the other 99 resumes?

1. face - Not the handsome,good looking , pretty. but i need to know how will you look like before i hire you
2. skills- unless we're talking about niche skills,if thats the case, we use word of mouth, not mail in resume.
3. result - for freshie, and also depends on which uni
4. connection - resume from someone i know, is 10times better than a resume from HR.
5. resume - yes, we know how a resume copied from google looks like. so pandai pandai la.
neozetta
post Apr 18 2014, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Thank for the example.
I think i will apply the job online, like through jobstreet or directly send email to the company with my resume attach to the email.

With a medium level CGPA result in engineering, if i put expected salary RM2000, is this salary considered high or low for first job applicant like me?
Not sure about engineering, company will usually negotiate with you and same goes to you. Try to make the salary comfortable, at least will be able to cover the petrol, food, parking, etc and in the end you still be able to save about rm300~500. Remember to save, that is important, sacrifice some outing if you need to.

So normally at which stage of the hiring process the company will call the referrer? Will the company call the referrer even before they contacted the job applicants? Or they will call the referrer only when they have high certainty that they will hire the job applicant?
Usually few day after you interviewed, if they called, that means you passed the first impression test, and they are considering hire you.

yes, tell your referrer before hand so they know, but not all company will call. Just so you know, it is important to let them know... I applied a bank web designer position before, when they call my referrer... he thought bank is doing telemarketing and cut the call... ...

Passport standard. Don't use fancy selfie

if you don't have self-confident first, you can't impress people. Be self-confident, don't look angry, look confident.

Yeah, you are correct.
Hopefully my resume will give the same impression to the companies that i apply.
Thanks for teach me the impression thingy. I am actually not good at this.
red streak
post Apr 19 2014, 04:44 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,482 posts

Eh this looks interesting. I can probably use this for reference.

This post has been edited by red streak: Apr 19 2014, 04:44 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:03 PM