views

TSdouglas_loon
post Mar 13 2014, 08:39 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
340 posts

user posted image

user posted image
(composite photo by douglas_loon)

The Flash is a television series and a modern retelling of the DC Comics series, The Flash. The series is developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, airing on The CW. The show is a spin-off of Arrow. The series premiered on October 7, 2014, airing at 8pm.

SYNOPSIS

Barry Allen was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West, the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris. Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along. Barry's latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells and his S.T.A.R. Labs team, who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning.

After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again - the accident has given him the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Though initially excited by his newfound powers, Barry is shocked to discover he is not the only "meta-human" who was created in the wake of the accelerator explosion - and not everyone is using their new powers for good. In the months since the accident, the city has seen a sharp increase in missing people, unexplained deaths and other strange phenomena. Barry now has a renewed purpose - using his gift of speed to protect the innocent, while never giving up on his quest to solve his mother’s murder and clear his father’s name. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won’t be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become. The Flash.

CHARACTERS

● Grant Gustin as Barry Allen / The Flash / Savitar
● Candice Patton as Iris West
● Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost
● Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne
● Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon / Vibe
● Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells / Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne / Professor Zoom) / H.R.
● Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
● Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West / Kid Flash
● Tom Felton as Julian Dorn / Doctor Alchemy

EXTERNAL LINKS
Official Website

– Special thanks to The Flash Official Wikia

This post has been edited by douglas_loon: May 25 2017, 08:53 PM
TSdouglas_loon
post Mar 13 2014, 08:45 PM

Casual
340 posts

What We Know So Far About Arrow's Spin-off

user posted image
user posted image

Barry Allen, The Flash

Barry Allen’s version of The Flash has been in pop culture for more than a half-century, with thousands of stories told about him both individually and along with the Justice League, but we should probably just focus on this iteration of the character. Being played by Grant Gustin, Barry appeared on two episodes of Arrow earlier this season where he was introduced as a crime scene investigator from Central City who has a special interest in super-powered crimes due to the fact that his mother was a victim of one. Following his time in Starling City, he returns back home just in time to get caught in the explosive blast that comes as a result of an accident involving the S.T.A.R. Labs Particle Accelerator. This big boom incapacitates Barry for some time and he spends a long time unconscious in the hospital, but when he awakens he discovers that he has somehow been given the power of super speed, which he then uses to become a vigilante fighting for good.

The Costume

Covered from head to toe in scarlet and little lightning bolts, Flash’s look is easily one of the most iconic in in the history superheroes, and from what we’ve seen so far, the upcoming pilot will be doing that design justice. Made out of both leather and an interesting mesh material that will probably serve a special function reducing friction while the hero runs, the costume looks like it was ripped straight from the pages of the comics and while we’re reserving final judgment until we get to see the thing in motion, you can consider us very pleased.

user posted image

The Guys In Charge

While its completely expected to stand on its own, the Flash pilot is technically an Arrow spin-off, so it should surprise very few that there are some shared names between the projects. Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, who are both writers and producers on Arrow hope to soon bring the Scarlet Speedster to a TV near you soon with some help from Geoff Johns, the DC comic book writer who also worked on a couple episodes of Smallville. Following the success of both Superman and Green Arrow on the small screen, now the hope is that they can do the same thing for The Flash.

user posted image

How Does It Connect With Arrow?

Much like how Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk can come together to form The Avengers on the big screen, the Flash pilot and Arrow exist in the same universe, and provided the former gets picked up as a series we should end up seeing a good amount of crossover between the two. Founding the connection, Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen already appeared on two episodes of the established superhero show, , and wound up creating a pretty cool origin story. Given that the two projects will be set in different cities they will act independently and have their own stories, but crossover is definitely something we should expect.

[More from Cinemablend here.]
TSdouglas_loon
post Mar 16 2014, 05:31 PM

Casual
340 posts

On set photos! Rawr! biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image
TSdouglas_loon
post May 16 2014, 02:17 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(rhoyo @ May 16 2014, 01:51 AM)
Full Trailer :

Looking promising indeed. smile.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post May 19 2014, 01:45 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(taurasnoHong @ May 18 2014, 11:28 PM)
When this start? Hope arrow with be guest at this drama. R felicity and Barry will become a couple ?
This fall. I believe there is no specific date reported. shakehead.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post May 20 2014, 11:16 AM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ May 20 2014, 09:35 AM)
Walking Dead is not CW dude. It's AMC
cool2.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 8 2014, 05:27 PM

Casual
340 posts

Anyone else who just seen the pilot and not the earlier leaked one like me? icon_rolleyes.gif

Very great pilot and better than Gotham imo (even though I'm a Bat fan tongue.gif)
Someone I feel it's too sudden to introduce him as The Flash in his suit for the pilot.

And this

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 8 2014, 07:59 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Akmall540 @ Oct 8 2014, 07:47 PM)
The guy on that wheel chair I suppose the killer of barry allen's mother? whistling.gif
I doubt it. Eddie Thawne is supposed to be Professor Zoom and Barry did say he "saw a man inside the lightning bolt" when his mother was murdered. Don't really know how the story line for this TV series works but I guess it's heavily influenced by "The Flash: Rebirth" comic.
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 8 2014, 09:08 PM

Casual
340 posts

Is that Felicity? I thought she'll appear in Epi 4. hmm.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 9 2014, 09:23 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Oct 8 2014, 11:50 PM)
The Flash S01E01 City of Heroes

The Bad

My Two Sen
I think casting Gustin is pretty okay especially seeing him in this clip below. He's hilarious in a way and very much just like the way Barry Allen behaves in both comics and animation. biggrin.gif

Actually it was only after I watched the clip and finally believes that Gustin is indeed The Flash we all need. My thoughts smile.gif

TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 9 2014, 10:40 PM

Casual
340 posts

Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash first look on set!

TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 9 2014, 11:21 PM

Casual
340 posts

Anyone realize that the beginning scene where Barry entered the lab just before his accident doesn't tally with the episode in Arrow? biggrin.gif

If only he called Felicity just like in Arrow for the pilot. It'll be nice. nod.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 10 2014, 08:32 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Oct 10 2014, 03:36 PM)
not yet watch the pilot episode (will watch tonight if free)...but i found this photo in internet....possible connection to  justice league ??

user posted image

wayne tech & queen inc merge...

user posted image

the same company that hire hal jordan aka green lantern as test pilot...

what do u guyz think?? hmm.gif  hmm.gif

http://screenrant.com/flash-tv-series-east...age-2/#comments
Yup, I did spot these Easter eggs while watching it. There was also a scene of Ferris Air in the pilot of Arrow Season 3. smile.gif
Hal Jordan is very related to the Ferris family so who knows what they have in store for us in the future. biggrin.gif I would love to see Hal's appearance in this series though. whistling.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 10 2014, 08:39 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 10 2014, 01:01 PM)
Just curious, there is a scene near the end showing the Flash blocking and carrying a huge piece of metal. I don't suppose enhanced strength is one of his superpower right?

Also, when he was doing the CSI work on the tyre marks with all the mathematics calculation, this is before the explosion.
Huge piece of metal? Where? shocking.gif

You know the part where they showed what Barry was thinking while doing the forensics for the tyre marks, it heavily reminds me of Sherlock series too. hmm.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 11 2014, 10:18 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 10 2014, 08:58 PM)

Oh

TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 22 2014, 10:03 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Oct 22 2014, 03:32 PM)
Cool, Robbie Amell (Tomorrow People) was Caitlin's fiance. After the latest episode, I think its no secret that Prof. Wells was the 'old' Flash.

QUOTE(skystrike @ Oct 22 2014, 04:58 PM)
caitlin snow was killer frost....based on what i read on wiki....but currently she didnt have the ice power yet...maybe she will become it in future...

btw i thinking prof wells intentionally create the particle accelerator accident to turn barry into flash...
I know right! Such suspense! rclxm9.gif

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Oct 22 2014, 07:52 PM)
Yeah I read about that too, apparently Killer Frost is a supervillan  sad.gif

She's too pretty to become a villain lol
This! nod.gif thumbup.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 22 2014, 10:33 PM

Casual
340 posts

'The Flash' gets full season

user posted image

The CW has given full season orders to The Flash and Jane the Virgin.

The network picked up both of its freshman dramas for the rest of the season. “We have had a fantastic start to our season this year, with The Flash launching as our most-watched series premiere ever, and Jane the Virgin recognized as the best new show this season by critics across the country,” said Pedowitz. “Over the past three seasons, we have made it our mission to grow and to broaden out our audience, and to keep raising the bar with the quality and impact of our new shows, and The Flash and Jane have both exceeded our expectations on all counts. I’m thrilled to announce full season orders for both of these terrific new series.” We’re hearing that Flash was picked up for an additional 10 episodes and Jane for nine (both received an initial 13 episodes).

The Flash opened to 6.1 million viewers including three days of DVR playback. Jane bowed more modestly, but this week apparently at least held steady. The two shows join Fox’s Gotham, ABC’s How to Get Away with Murder and Black-ish among new shows that have received a full-season pickup.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/21/the-flash-full-season/
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 27 2014, 03:15 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(PhilHellmuth @ Oct 27 2014, 08:31 AM)
how many episode so far ??? first season i presume??
You can check the very first post of this thread. smile.gif
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 29 2014, 10:27 PM

Casual
340 posts

Why is always Cisco with the minds coming up villain names. lol
TSdouglas_loon
post Oct 31 2014, 03:17 PM

Casual
340 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 31 2014, 12:33 AM)
So felicity is from green arrow...should intro abit...haih, they think everyone watch green arrow  doh.gif
The Flash is Arrow's spinoff. They really expect you to do so. lol tongue.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0521sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 PM