Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTS] DK Lights Headlights Retrofit, Bi-xenon Mini H1 and FX-R Projectors Accessories

jolipoli81
post Mar 9 2014, 11:14 PM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

NOTE: We can always sell you a cheaper projector but you'll have to live with the rather poor or decent at best quality. The projectors I'm selling here are inspected and tested (i.e. solenoid are tested to ensure no stuck shields). You may come across some rather cheap and similar looking projectors out there with lower grade quality and might not even be meant for our Right-hand drive road use. We do sell those projectors too, mainly the Mini H1 projectors, we cannot guarantee it's performance if you do insist on getting those sad.gif
All my projectors are for Right-hand drive vehicles suitable for Malaysian road.

Like Us On Facebook!

Projectors facts:
As some of you might already know, these headlight projectors are design to fit HID bulbs. Unlike those halogen projectors (mainly found on Proton Waja, Satria Neo & the newer Perodua Myvi), these HID projectors does not only produce the right amount of light, it also eliminates the unnecessary glaring on the oncoming traffic by having a perfectly clean cut-off pattern.

Thinking of just buying a plug-n-play HID kit and install it in your common reflector headlight? Think again.
Many reflector headlight are design for normal halogen bulbs and when installed with a HID bulbs, it spreads the light unevenly and not producing the right amount of light like those projectors that are design to focus those light and distribute them uniformly.

HID projectors however, does just the exact opposite. It produces brighter, more uniform, longer range light output and also not to forget, not glaring, thus less JPJ annoyance. smile.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

user posted image
Left: Douchebag | Right: Professional

Good article about plug-n-play HID into reflector housing (Very technical explanation)
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

user posted image

Why you should NEVER use HID on a reflector housing

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-exteri...-out-there.html

1. Ultimate Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projector 2.5" New improved version
user posted image
user posted image
Click here for more in-depth look on the Ultimate Mini H1

Famous for its compact size and easy installation on certain headlight housing.
This is not the generic Mini H1
These Mini H1 projector is popular due to its light output performance and required effortless work on retrofits.
This is the improved version of the normal generic Mini H1, giving brighter light output and also a more focused hotspot below of cutoff line.

Attached Image Attached Image
Tips: Be sure to look out for the "Ultimate" engraved  and "T" emboss on the back of the reflector bowl, as seen on the photos

Price:
RM550 NOW RM300

What's in the box:
1 pair of Ultimate Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Right-Hand-Drive
H4 and H7 lock rings and rubber rings

Bulb type:
H1

Dimensions:
Depth: 136mm
Width: 87mm
Height: 70mm
Lens Diameter (inches): 2.5"

Installation difficulties:
H4 & H7 - Easy plug-n-play
H1, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9005, 9006, 9007 and others - Minor cut and drill required

Warranty:
12 months

2. FX-R Bi-Xenon Projectors 2.5" / 3.0"
Attached Image
No doubt this is one of the best projectors out there. The light output is sharp, uniformly distributed and also gives clean cut-off lines.
Out in the dark, these projector will amaze everyone on the road. The clear lens and clean cut-off shield is a wonder whenever you switch on your headlights in the dark. It produces one of the sharpest cut-off lines and also gives the best flickering cut-off lines(those purple/blue tint you typically see on a BMW, Merc or Prius)

Price:
RM750

What's in the box:
1 pair of FX-R Bi-Xenon Projectors Right-Hand-Drive

Bulb type:
D2S

Dimensions:
Depth (2.5"): 140mm (5.50" in)
Depth (3.0"): 155mm (6.10" in)
Width: 112mm (4.35 in)
Height: 95mm (3.75 in)
Lens Diameter(inches): 2.5" or 3.0"

For most headlights - Cut and drill involve

Warranty:
12 months

3. Generic/Standard Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projector 2.5"
Attached Image

Famous for its compact size and easy installation on certain housing especially H4 and H7 headlight housing.
These Mini H1 projector is popular due to its light output performance and required effortless work on retrofits.
The generic are mainly sold as budget projectors and we do not guarantee it's performance, thus the warranty is not applicable on these generic Mini H1 unfortunately.

Every other shop selling these has some fancy way of describing the same thing, but take us from us, if it ain't a Morimoto, it is literally just that: the same thing. Whether you're shopping on Alibaba, eBay, or Amazon, if you're looking for a bi-xenon retrofit on a budget: the standard old version of the classic "H1 Bi-xenon" projector is a good buy. Comparable to Gen III Morimoto Mini H1's.

These projectors are factory-direct and do not receive our proprietary in-house tuning process. However, their pre-installed optically clear lens should give them a nice sharp and colorful cutoff line and and good output.

The H1 Bi-xenons are low and high beam capable, are made for use with H1 HID bulbs, and are directly compatible with cars that originally came with H7 and H4 headlights (no modification required)
Quoted from TRS

Price:
RM350

What's in the box:
1 pair of Ultimate Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Right-Hand-Drive
H4 and H7 lock rings and rubber rings

Bulb type:
H1

Dimensions:
Depth: 136mm
Width: 87mm
Height: 70mm
Lens Diameter (inches): 2.5"

H4 & H7 - Easy plug-n-play
H1, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9005, 9006, 9007 and others - Minor cut and drill required

Warranty:
N/A

4. Grade AA CnLight Bulbs 4300k/5000k H1 35w HID kit

user posted image

Price:
RM200

Warranty:
3 months

5. Grade AA CnLight Bulbs 4300k/5000k H1 55w HID kit
Attached Image

Price:
RM250

Warranty:
1 year

6. Genuine Philips 85122+ D2S bulb (Not fake stuffs) Comes with factory packaging to save freight cost

Attached Image

Price:
RM400

Warranty:
6 months

7. AMP to D2S adapter cable

Attached Image

Price:
RM50

Warranty:
6 months

8. Oci Butyl Sealant Orgavyl
Attached Image

If your headlight is having moisture problem due to the old rubber glue, you will need the OCI butyl. You'll need to remove all the old rubber glue from your headlight before applying the new butyl. Cut a length suitable for your headlight, stretch it and apply on the headlight trenches. Usually a roll of 4.57m is sufficient for up to 5 pair of headlights.

Price:
RM50

What's in the box:
1 Roll 4.57m butyl

Warranty:
N/A

9. H4 Relay Wiring Harness
Attached Image

The H4 harness is needed when installing a bi-xenon projector into your current headlight. It ensures that your high-beam functions properly i.e. it will stay on when the high-beam is on the permanent position. Made from insulated, hard plastic for durability, these harness are designed to withstand the heat in your engine bay.

Price:
RM50

What's in the box:
H4 Relay Wiring Harness

Warranty:
6 months

Dealing Method:
COD at Penang
Postage varies depending on quantity and location

Contact number:
016-441 8989

Payment details:

How to retrofit projector into a reflector housing:

Frequently asked questions:
1. Q. Which is the best projector to install in my car?
A. Well, it really depends on your headlight housing size and also your budget. The FXR is a better projector overall, however the size is much larger and bulb used (D2S) is much more expensive. The Ultimate Mini H1 on the other hand provides and easier installation process and requires less cut and trim to your headlight housing. It cost less too but still provides an amazingly good light output.

2. Q. Can I use back my own HID kit?
A. Yes of course, provided that you have the right bulb type for that particular projectors you are going for. For instance, the Ultimate Mini H1, like it's name says, uses a HID H1 bulbs. Note that these projectors do not take halogen bulbs because it is designed to only take HID bulbs.

3. Q. How long does it take to retrofit my headlights?
A. It totally depends on your headlights, car model and projectors used. If your headlights takes either H4 or H7 bulbs, the Ultimate Mini H1 is a much easier and faster job compare to other projectors.
Some cars requires to remove the whole bumper and some don't, sometimes old cars with bad wiring and connections might delay the process due to the need of rewiring. There might be more unforseen circumstances too. But typically it takes anywhere between 4-8 hours. We've come across a project that takes us as long as 12 hours but that is a rare case.

4. Q. My car headlight comes with a halogen projectors, can I retrofit your HID projectors in to my car headlights?
A. Cars with projectors requires more time and effort to retrofit. This is because a custom metal bracket is needed in order to fit in the new projectors and to ensure alignments of the light are horizontally straight. Dismantling a headlight that comes with projectors also takes some effort and time due to it's extra and complicated mechanism, but it can be done.

5. Q. Will I get stopped by JPJ or any other traffic officers if I install these projectors?
A. That is a very subjective questions as it totally depends on the mood of the officers. So far we've yet to get any issues from the authorities, so does my customers. Usually officers will only stop those with plug and play HID kit into their halogen headlights which gives a blindingly bright output and dangerously affects motorist. The projectors we installed have a very sharp cut-off, meaning lights are only shine towards the roads and there will be no excessive lights above the cut-off line. We will properly aligned the light output so that it is horizontal straight and also ensure it does not uncomfortably blind other motorists.

Bi-xenon in action
user posted image

Customer's Car

Proton Waja 1.6 2001
Attached Image

Proton Wira 1.6 1995
Attached Image

Mitsubishi Airtrek
Attached Image

Honda Accord S84
Attached Image

Nissan Sylphy (G11)

Nissan Almera(N17)

Proton Perdana

Suzuki Swift(Z version)
Attached Image

Honda City Type Z(3A2/3A3)

Volkswagen Polo Sedan
Attached Image

Proton Persona/Gen2
Attached Image

Honda Del Sol
Customer drove all the way from Ipoh to Penang, kudos!
Attached Image

Land Rover Defender (1991)
Took a whole week to finish!
Attached Image

Installation is not included in those prices, installation can be arrange if requested.
I mainly do the installation at my garage on weekends. Certain cars and projectors takes up to 2 days if needed.

Installation are done in Penang only. If you're unavailable to come to me, you may send me your headlights. Postage for the headlights at your cost.

This post has been edited by jolipoli81: Nov 21 2015, 12:19 PM
spacepilot
post Mar 9 2014, 11:23 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

Do you have the D2S bulb?
Ng Eng Chong
post Mar 10 2014, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

is this include installation? which type of projector lens used to retrofit Honda city? thanks
jolipoli81
post Mar 10 2014, 09:32 AM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(spacepilot @ Mar 9 2014, 11:23 PM)
Do you have the D2S bulb?
Not at the moment, I'm still hesitating on which bulb will suit best for the FX-R
If you're looking for one, here's some tips
For budget wise, opt for the Philips 85122+
For performance wise, Osram CBI Xenarc 66240

QUOTE(Ng Eng Chong @ Mar 10 2014, 12:04 AM)
is this include installation? which type of projector lens used to retrofit Honda city? thanks
Sorry, doesn't include installation, but can be arrange.
For Honda City, I believe it is the H4 bulb type. The Ultimate Mini H1 suits best as it is literally plug-n-play.
If you need anymore information about this, please do not hesitate to ask.
Ng Eng Chong
post Mar 10 2014, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

installation can be arrange, mean around how much is the installation? can let me know more detail about it thanks!
jolipoli81
post Mar 10 2014, 09:07 PM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(Ng Eng Chong @ Mar 10 2014, 09:04 PM)
installation can be arrange, mean around how much is the installation? can let me know more detail about it thanks!
For your Honda city, shouldn't be any big problem. I shall discuss further through pm.
Ng Eng Chong
post Mar 10 2014, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(jolipoli81 @ Mar 10 2014, 09:07 PM)
For your Honda city, shouldn't be any big problem. I shall discuss further through pm.
Sure sure please do PM me thanks!
cky6667
post Mar 11 2014, 02:46 PM

^^^seremban boy^^^
998 posts

Can you advise which projector good for Toyota Mark X? Currently using projector as well.

But want change it... Using D4s now
jolipoli81
post Mar 11 2014, 03:20 PM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(cky6667 @ Mar 11 2014, 02:46 PM)
Can you advise which projector good for Toyota Mark X? Currently using projector as well.

But want change it... Using D4s now
To see the true difference, I would say go for the FXR. But I wouldn't know if it will fit into your headlight or not because I've never yet to come across Mark x headlight.

If you opt for the FXR, you'll need to abandon your D4S and use the D2S. The D2S offer a better light output anyway.
00king00
post Mar 15 2014, 09:41 AM

Touge!
698 posts

Can waja replace with this projector? I wanted to put HID..
jolipoli81
post Mar 15 2014, 11:34 AM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(00king00 @ Mar 15 2014, 09:41 AM)
Can waja replace with this projector? I wanted to put HID..
For waja, use the Ultimate Mini H1. You'll need to make your own bracket to attach to the existing headlight bracket.
Let me know if you're interested. smile.gif
kob3bryant
post Mar 16 2014, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

hi, how about a perdana v6? i m using HID in the stupid headlamp alreafy
jolipoli81
post Mar 16 2014, 06:09 PM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(kob3bryant @ Mar 16 2014, 06:03 PM)
hi, how about a perdana v6? i m using HID in the stupid headlamp alreafy
To be honest, perdana will be a right fit, but a little bit of effort it can be done. I'll pm you the details smile.gif
jerrygys
post Mar 20 2014, 11:25 AM

4 posts

how about the current myvi projector? smile.gif
jolipoli81
post Mar 20 2014, 12:58 PM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(jerrygys @ Mar 20 2014, 11:25 AM)
how about the current myvi projector? smile.gif
Yes, can be done. You'll just need a custom bracket for it. I'll pm you the details
xzation01z
post Mar 24 2014, 01:38 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

For proton savvy? Using H7 smile.gif
jolipoli81
post Mar 24 2014, 01:42 AM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(xzation01z @ Mar 24 2014, 01:38 AM)
For proton savvy? Using H7 smile.gif
I'll recommend the Ultimate Mini H1 for easy installation. I'll pm you the details.
roger roger
post Mar 24 2014, 01:35 PM

On my way
560 posts

Hi bro, proton saga aeroback. can fit this easily?
jolipoli81
post Mar 24 2014, 01:56 PM

Look at all my blinks
1,255 posts

QUOTE(roger roger @ Mar 24 2014, 01:35 PM)
Hi bro, proton saga aeroback. can fit this easily?
Yes can fit, but I don't recommend to fit in telur original housing as the headlight lens is not clear lens.

user posted image
If you view this photo, it is a Taiwan made headlight with clear lens, so it does not affect the output of the projector.
I'll ok you further details.
Chisinlouz
post Mar 26 2014, 03:06 PM

Enthusiast
820 posts

Hi, kindly PM for 1.4 swift. Which suitable for mine as i dont owned any of it before.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:50 PM