Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PlayStation 4™ Community Official Thread | V8, PS4 Firmware Update 1.70 Coming SOON

views

SSJBen
post Apr 26 2014, 01:05 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(xortz @ Apr 26 2014, 12:59 AM)
no, i'm afraid it will block the ventilation or "other" thing biggrin.gif
thinking to have one, look smart and smexy
Then.... get one with ventilation holes at the bottom? Though it's not like ventilation to the fan is particularly great in the first place the moment you stand it anyways.
terminator2
post Apr 26 2014, 10:57 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(xortz @ Apr 26 2014, 12:59 AM)
no, i'm afraid it will block the ventilation or "other" thing biggrin.gif
thinking to have one, look smart and smexy
agree with u

ps4 was designed to be laying on big base not standing

thumbup.gif
nate_nightroad
post Apr 26 2014, 11:20 AM

Endless numbered days...
3,537 posts

this is HELL awesome

user posted image
angel-girl
post Apr 26 2014, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,057 posts

QUOTE(nate_nightroad @ Apr 26 2014, 11:20 AM)
this is HELL awesome

user posted image
very nice but if not mistaken,it could affects the sensitivity of the camera to detect your ds4.
nate_nightroad
post Apr 26 2014, 11:24 AM

Endless numbered days...
3,537 posts

QUOTE(angel-girl @ Apr 26 2014, 11:22 AM)
very nice but if not mistaken,it could affects the sensitivity of the camera to detect your ds4.
nope,tested and works with camera

http://flamingtoast.com/
angel-girl
post Apr 26 2014, 11:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,057 posts

QUOTE(nate_nightroad @ Apr 26 2014, 11:24 AM)
nope,tested and works with camera

http://flamingtoast.com/
i see. thanks for the info.
WertHans
post Apr 26 2014, 01:16 PM

5 posts

Is paper trail for Ss part 6 out yet for R3? I'm confused as it supposed to be release Friday but as time difference so it will b late for us right? What is the time they are using?
zeronova
post Apr 26 2014, 06:20 PM

On my way
596 posts

hey guys. i'm getting my ps4 tomorrow, anything important I need to know regarding PSN and such?

edit: I previously owned a ps3 so I have an existing PSN account but it's registered as MY, I heard US PSN has better benefits, yes?

This post has been edited by zeronova: Apr 26 2014, 06:24 PM
r2t2
post Apr 27 2014, 02:49 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(zeronova @ Apr 26 2014, 06:20 PM)
hey guys. i'm getting my ps4 tomorrow, anything important I need to know regarding PSN and such?

edit: I previously owned a ps3 so I have an existing PSN account but it's registered as MY, I heard US PSN has better benefits, yes?
Generally, yes ... especially for PS+

But keep your MY PSN, create US PSN as another user lah. ... in fact, since you're at it, create UK one as well. And if can read Japanese, another one lor. So, you'll have R3, R1, R2(Europe), and R2(J) PSN; each with own benefits. R3 HK PSN used to have localized free media contents for PS3, but seems there's no difference anymore for PS4. R4 (Aust & NZ) PSN usually follows R2 (Europe).

If you would buy digital downloads from PSN, then sometimes different sales in different PSN regions will have different pricing. For PS3, the just concluded Easter Sales for R2(E) & R4, gave great price for more than few games. I bought Kino no Kuni for just RM30+ (£ 5.49). And as mentioned in this thread earlier, US PSN had USD0.99 for some good PSN games during the same Easter weekend. So, hopefully the practice will continue for PS4.

(And just in case, if Sony has another PSN breakdown, and will give free games through PSN, but on condition the accounts have been activated much earlier before; and each PSN account can only download 2 out of 5 options ... so, heheh ....)

It's just a hassle of managing your multiple accounts and think carefully of the emails used (if wanna post your trophies on Facebook), and if different accounts are used to play different games, your total trophies won't accumulated lor. And also, DLC bought from different region may not be playable in another.

All that been said however, Sony reserved the rights to terminate any account that's against PSN terms and conditions, namely registered with false information (address) especially for billing. wink.gif ...but if Shuhei Yoshida still has 3 PSN IDs (JP, US & UK) ... I won't be losing any sleep over mine.

Sos:-
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/
Sony exec admits having 3 PSN IDs, one for Japan, one for the US and one for Europe.
DLC from the US store for an R3 game?
r2t2
post Apr 27 2014, 02:56 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

Those who got US PSN accounts, why can't download the free media contents anymore? Detected non-US countries according to DNS setting or WAN IP address?
Used to be able to download The Tester from US PSN -> TV
zeronova
post Apr 27 2014, 03:04 AM

On my way
596 posts

QUOTE(r2t2 @ Apr 27 2014, 02:49 AM)
Generally, yes ... especially for PS+

But keep your MY PSN, create US PSN as another user lah. ... in fact, since you're at it, create UK one as well.  And if can read Japanese, another one lor. So, you'll have R3, R1, R2(Europe), and R2(J) PSN; each with own benefits.  R3 HK PSN used to have localized free media contents for PS3, but seems there's no difference anymore for PS4.  R4 (Aust & NZ) PSN usually follows R2 (Europe). 

If you would buy digital downloads from PSN, then sometimes different sales in different PSN regions will have different pricing.  For PS3, the just concluded Easter Sales for R2(E) & R4, gave great price for more than few games. I bought Kino no Kuni for just RM30+ (£ 5.49).  And as mentioned in this thread earlier, US PSN had USD0.99 for some good PSN games during the same Easter weekend.  So, hopefully the practice will continue for PS4.

(And just in case, if Sony has another PSN breakdown, and will give free games through PSN, but on condition the accounts have been activated much earlier before; and each PSN account can only download 2 out of 5 options ... so, heheh ....)

It's just a hassle of managing your multiple accounts and think carefully of the emails used (if wanna post your trophies on Facebook), and if different accounts are used to play different games, your total trophies won't accumulated lor.  And also, DLC bought from different region may not be playable in another.

All that been said however, Sony reserved the rights to terminate any account that's against PSN terms and conditions, namely registered with false information (address) especially for billing.  wink.gif  ...but if Shuhei Yoshida still has 3 PSN IDs (JP, US & UK) ... I won't be losing any sleep over mine.

Sos:-
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/
Sony exec admits having 3 PSN IDs, one for Japan, one for the US and one for Europe.
DLC from the US store for an R3 game?
thanks for the reply. I previously had US PSN account for downloading demo since MY PSN doesn't get them as early as the US account, so I might continue using that.

as for PSN+, what are the major differences between the 2? seeing how I'd probably subscribe for it, better research properly before I regret anything haha. Any links you can redirect me?
r2t2
post Apr 27 2014, 03:50 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(zeronova @ Apr 27 2014, 03:04 AM)
thanks for the reply. I previously had US PSN account for downloading demo since MY PSN doesn't get them as early as the US account, so I might continue using that.

as for PSN+, what are the major differences between the 2? seeing how I'd probably subscribe for it, better research properly before I regret anything haha. Any links you can redirect me?
Well, the main difference would be the free PS+ games. Discounts on games would be another factor of consideration. Unless you're going to subscribe for both US and MY PS+, I guess have to decide on just one becoz the 'free' PS+ games are free as long as you subscribe to that PS+

Myself, just bought PS4, and didn't/haven't subscribe to PS+ for my PS3. Since PS+ is now almost a must for PS4, now regretting a bit, looking back at the instant game collections for PS3 ... around RM165~180 (US) or RM120 (MY) per year, definitely worth it.

Couldn't find a webpage with history of R3 PS+ games, but for R1 and R2:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Insta...(North_America)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Insta...es_(PAL_region)

Or you can create the PSN accounts first, go to the Playstation Store, have a look at the current Playstation Plus contents, compared them ... or login to your PSN account through SEN website if you don't have PS3 to compare the PS+ contents. PS4 PS+ don't have much difference yet between MY and US, but PS3 PS+ got a lot of different 'free' games. I guess each Sony regional choose the games according to local popularity or taste e.g. UK/EU/R2 PS+ got Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 earlier, while R3 got more PS Vita games.

You will want to subscribe to Asia PS+ if:....

Myself, still undecided on US or UK PS+ ... but I'll choose US PS+ over MY PS+ since I don't have PS Vita ... yet.
What's other users opinion?
zeronova
post Apr 27 2014, 12:48 PM

On my way
596 posts

QUOTE(r2t2 @ Apr 27 2014, 03:50 AM)
Well, the main difference would be the free PS+ games.  Discounts on games would be another factor of consideration.  Unless you're going to subscribe for both US and MY PS+, I guess have to decide on just one becoz the 'free' PS+ games are free as long as you subscribe to that PS+

Myself, just bought PS4, and didn't/haven't subscribe to PS+ for my PS3.  Since PS+ is now almost a must for PS4, now regretting a bit, looking back at the instant game collections for PS3 ... around RM165~180 (US) or RM120 (MY) per year, definitely worth it.

Couldn't find a webpage with history of R3 PS+ games, but for R1 and R2:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Insta...(North_America)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Insta...es_(PAL_region)

Or you can create the PSN accounts first, go to the Playstation Store, have a look at the current Playstation Plus contents, compared them ... or login to your PSN account through SEN website if you don't have PS3 to compare the PS+ contents.  PS4 PS+ don't have much difference yet between MY and US, but PS3 PS+ got a lot of different 'free' games.  I guess each Sony regional choose the games according to local popularity or taste e.g. UK/EU/R2 PS+ got Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 earlier, while R3 got more PS Vita games.

You will want to subscribe to Asia PS+ if:....

Myself, still undecided on US or UK PS+ ... but I'll choose US PS+ over MY PS+ since I don't have PS Vita ... yet.
What's other users opinion?
great info there. Hmm, I think in the end I'll stick with my current MY PSN account for PS+ since you said there aren't any 'major' differences on the PS4 side, still I'll be having PS3 for JRPG remakes in the future and mainly I'll play pretty much anything else on the PS4.
agingamer
post Apr 27 2014, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(zeronova @ Apr 27 2014, 12:48 PM)
great info there. Hmm, I think in the end I'll stick with my current MY PSN account for PS+ since you said there aren't any 'major' differences on the PS4 side, still I'll be having PS3 for JRPG remakes in the future and mainly I'll play pretty much anything else on the PS4.
Good, another supporter of MY PSN.
Personally, I subscribed both MY(previously there was a promo for PS+ RM129 for 15mths)
For US, I subscribed another year(stacked) PS+ for USD29.99 during AMAZON Black Friday Sales.

However, I hope Asia PSN get their act together and do more digital sales and game launches PS4.
Towerfall launched without any PS+ promo and Fez not launched here yet. sad.gif

heavendevil
post Apr 27 2014, 01:17 PM

15 posts

I want to see Strike Suit Zero come to Asia PSN honestly.
Rei7
post Apr 27 2014, 02:45 PM

Game, anime and headphones ❤️
1,665 posts

snipersnake
post Apr 27 2014, 02:59 PM

typical abah
2,652 posts

QUOTE(agingamer @ Apr 27 2014, 01:16 PM)
Good, another supporter of MY PSN.
Personally, I subscribed both MY(previously there was a promo for PS+ RM129 for 15mths)
For US, I subscribed another year(stacked) PS+ for USD29.99 during AMAZON Black Friday Sales.

However, I hope Asia PSN get their act together and do more digital sales and game launches PS4.
Towerfall launched without any PS+ promo and Fez not launched here yet. sad.gif
me too biggrin.gif

this PS4 era,... i see no difference in the offerings, especiallly ps4 games. only psn my late a day or two...but content is the same. unless its a vita game or a ps3 game... but seriously nowadays psn my is already stepping up their game. we need more psn my peeps so sony can add more things for us...

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:27 AM