Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Toyota Camry idle problem

views

TSSotest
post Feb 18 2014, 03:34 PM, updated 11y ago

36 posts

Im now driving my fathers old year 2000 toyota camry 2.2l
The problem im having right now is when i stop the car the car starts shaking even in any gear ( N, P, D)
The rpm is at 600-700 when it is idle.... When i try to step on the throttle until my car reaches 900-1000 rpm the car stops shaking competely.... I think that the engine does not compensate the air-con's compresser when it cuts in....
Any solution for this problem or anyone that has the similar problem and has slove it please share with me
Or any mechanic that has confident in fixing this problem pls pm me
I have try many diffrent solution suggested in the web and the problem still remain
I have tried cleaning the throttle body, change all types of oil(engine, transmission,brake fluid, etc), engine filter, those rubber hose that are harden on the throttle body, all the engine mouting and even all the car bushes sad.gif
Saitama
post Feb 18 2014, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

2 words.

engine. mounting.
Firebird
post Feb 18 2014, 04:02 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Saitama @ Feb 18 2014, 03:47 PM)
2 words.

engine. mounting.
Even a new engine mounting cant stop the engine from vibrating if the rpm is around 600-700.
TitanRev
post Feb 18 2014, 04:45 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Sotest @ Feb 18 2014, 03:34 PM)
Im now driving my fathers old year 2000 toyota camry 2.2l
The problem im having right now is when i stop the car the car starts shaking even in any gear ( N, P, D)
The rpm is at 600-700 when it is idle.... When i try to step on the throttle until my car reaches 900-1000 rpm the car stops shaking competely.... I think that the engine does not compensate the air-con's compresser when it cuts in....
Any solution for this problem or anyone that has the similar problem and has slove it please share with me
Or any mechanic that has confident in fixing this problem pls pm me
I have try many diffrent solution suggested in the web and the problem still remain
I have tried cleaning the throttle body, change all types of oil(engine, transmission,brake fluid, etc), engine filter, those rubber hose that are harden on the throttle body, all the engine mouting and even all the car bushes  sad.gif
Bro, does the bad idling happen only when the AC is on or even at off? I think your 5S-FE engine mileage should be very high now and here's a few things that might cause the problem. Your IAC valve is stuck or the MAP sensor spoil already. If can try to get your car to a workshop and plug in a OBD2 scanner and see if can get the fault codes. It's easier to pinpoint the problem from there.

You can try a few things on your own. Take out the throttle body and clean it, the IAC (Idle Air Control) is built into the Throttle body and you can see the IAC valve on the bottom of the TB. Refer below picture. You need to clean that part because it will get stuck over time. Causing idling problem. Just buy some carb cleaner and clean it.
user posted image

Then you need to check the MAP sensor. If the sensor is spoil you need to replace it. A new one from Toyota is quite expensive so try to look at spare part shop. The MAP sensor got a vacuum hose connected to it and it's at the firewall. Check the vacuum hose if it's leaking or damage because the rubber hose gets harden over time and will break.
user posted image

This is the MAP sensor
user posted image

Attached here is the view of the connections of the sensors. Please look at the top to find the MAP sensor vacuum hose and the IAC connector so you know where is the parts located in your engine bay.
[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/TitanRev/media/0900c152800924b4.gif.html]
user posted image[/URL]

Hope this helps

Boy96
post Feb 18 2014, 05:49 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

My family's ex Innova used to have that problem after service, very low idling rpm, and would occasionally stall (eventhough its an automatic), brought it to the SC, they say during service forgot to change spark plug..

But I dont see any connections between idling issues and spark plugs.. Issues were solve though after that
TSSotest
post Feb 18 2014, 06:09 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Saitama @ Feb 18 2014, 03:47 PM)
2 words.

engine. mounting.
I did change all the mounting anf i even use the original spare part and the problem still exist
TSSotest
post Feb 18 2014, 08:21 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(TitanRev @ Feb 18 2014, 04:45 PM)
Bro, does the bad idling happen only when the AC is on or even at off? I think your 5S-FE engine mileage should be very high now and here's a few things that might cause the problem. Your IAC valve is stuck or the MAP sensor spoil already. If can try to get your car to a workshop and plug in a OBD2 scanner and see if can get the fault codes. It's easier to pinpoint the problem from there.

You can try a few things on your own. Take out the throttle body and clean it, the IAC (Idle Air Control) is built into the Throttle body and you can see the IAC valve on the bottom of the TB. Refer below picture. You need to clean that part because it will get stuck over time. Causing idling problem. Just buy some carb cleaner and clean it. 
user posted image

Then you need to check the MAP sensor. If the sensor is spoil you need to replace it. A new one from Toyota is quite expensive so try to look at spare part shop. The MAP sensor got a vacuum hose connected to it and it's at the firewall. Check the vacuum hose if it's leaking or damage because the rubber hose gets harden over time and will break. 
user posted image

This is the MAP sensor
user posted image

Attached here is the view of the connections of the sensors. Please look at the top to find the MAP sensor vacuum hose and the IAC connector so you know where is the parts located in your engine bay.

user posted image

Hope this helps
Hi thanks for the information I have done everything you mention above i even change the MAP sensor but the problem still exist
The shaking is worst when the a/c is turn on but when the a/c is turn off the shaking is still there but very minor.
Will it be ok if I ask the workshop to tune my rpm to 1,000 on idle

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Feb 18 2014, 05:49 PM)
My family's ex Innova used to have that problem after service, very low idling rpm, and would occasionally stall (eventhough its an automatic), brought it to the SC, they say during service forgot to change spark plug..

But I dont see any connections between idling issues and spark plugs.. Issues were solve though after that
My rpm is consider normal since i have read many post from many other forum that rpm at 650-700 at idle is consider healthy.. I change my spark plugs every 15k

TitanRev
post Feb 18 2014, 10:53 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Sotest @ Feb 18 2014, 08:21 PM)
Hi thanks for the information I have done everything you mention above i even change the MAP sensor but the problem still exist
The shaking is worst when the a/c is turn on but when the a/c is turn off the shaking is still there but very minor.
Will it be ok if I ask the workshop to tune my rpm to 1,000 on idle
My rpm is consider normal since i have read many post from many other forum that rpm at 650-700 at idle is consider healthy.. I change my spark plugs every 15k
Well, since you already know your RPM around 700 is normal which it is for the 5S. The idle RPM is control by the ECU and maybe you can ask the technician whether it can be tune or you can try to look at your TB there see if got any idle adjustment screw to adjust the idling.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:27 AM