Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Router Configuration Riger DB102 modem thread, Technical support

views

nailz9
post Mar 4 2008, 05:46 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(BlackThyra87 @ Jul 13 2007, 09:19 PM)
anyone know how to change the operation mode (GDMT/T1.413/G.Lite) in this modem?

searched through the web configuration but i cant find any option regarding it.

in the modem stats shows my connection is about 1.5mbps but the speed i really get is like 512k while in the G.DMT mode.

so i think that changing the mode will make a difference.

anyone?
oh so long ago, hehe.

Only thru telnet cli;
To change modulation,
modify dsl config t1413 /or modify dsl config gdmt /or modify dsl config glite

or modify dsl config multi ....this is autoselect.

after running a command make sure type "commit" to save then "reboot".
if lazy to reboot just, resync the line using stop start, whichever easier
"modify dsl config insertmodehere loop stop"
"modify dsl config insertmodehere loop start"

Some explanation;
T1413 and GDMT are the same standards, just from two different standards organization, lookup wiki for full info.
you wouldnt want to use GLITE, unless your connected to a RDSLAM, usually for wireless broadband, err wireless streamyx?? ...it will be slower if configured on landline, tried and tested.

On the other hand, your snr thing will improve around 10db if u switch to T1413 from GDMT, based on what i tried.
Snr are only issues if interference really affect ur line...otherwise dont bother...ive seen 8mb lines run just fine on quite bad snr's and attenuation's IMHE/O.

ur modem stat pic, showed connected at speed is correct 1472kbps ...just abit bit.....usually like this...if u subscribe for a 1.0m package, tm would configure the cap higher at 2048kbps ....so ur true real life usage speed would be sustained at a possible or near 1.0m ....mines a 1.0m package capped at 2048kbps....speedtest is around 800kbps++ ....so yeah its roughly a 1.0m besteffort...if not, if they configured round-round (bulat-bulat) at 1.0m, u will never get the "besteffort" speed.

Changing the modulation would help in getting clearer signals thru the line, help with snr and attenuation. speed?? not really. The modulation are for improving noise or echo cancellation ..interference's on the lines, me guess that does help perhaps.

oneany biggrin.gif hope this helps

problems with dc'ing all the time, read below. and the chipset used information inside the thread below.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/613124

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.65    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 PM