Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A RM490 MILLION Sports Training Centre in London, ...and government is going ahead with it

views

TSbrokenomerta
post Aug 25 2006, 11:48 AM

Current Toy: MacBook Pro 13 2013
1,168 posts

i think i recalled reading that the decision on this sports training centre will be made end of this week or next week...by the cabinet...
TSbrokenomerta
post Aug 29 2006, 01:19 PM

1,168 posts

its a new week and i still havent read or heard anything about this...sheeesh...everyday its about mawi & his ex flame and siti and dtk k...hahahahahhaa...
stanleyshyeoh
post Aug 30 2006, 09:15 PM

On my way
509 posts

I guess we won't be hearing much about the sports complex at the moment. Barring any unexpected changes ...

" ... all queries about the London Centre will be answered when the Cabinet Committee on Sports makes a final decision on the project at the end of September ... ", read more
TSbrokenomerta
post Sep 1 2006, 12:12 AM

1,168 posts

^^ i read up on kitsiang's blog once awhile...but read this just now...

London Sports Centre - Azalina withheld information from Parliament

Two things have been demonstrated in this first week of the 2007 budget meeting of Parliament - (1) that the "white elephant" mega-project mentality is deep and potent among Cabinet Ministers and government officials; and (2) no real commitment to accountability, transparency, integrity and good governance - although both represented key planks of Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi's reform pledge in terms of a clean, incorruptible, efficient, people-oriented and trustworthy government when he became Prime Minister 34 months ago.

This is illustrated by the answer by the Youth and Sports Minister, Azalina Othman on the proposed Brickendonbury High Performance Sports Training Centre in London, when she committed a grave breach of parliamentary privilege in withholding information from Parliament.

My question last Tuesday specifically asked for the total expenditures incurred to date with regard to the proposed London Sports Centre, including costs of feasibility studies, giving breakdowns and the name of officers/consultants who had flown to London on the project.

But Azalina evaded the question saying that all queries about the London Centre will be answered when the Cabinet Committee on Sports makes a final decision on the project at the end of September.

What has the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Sports in September got to do with the question as to how much costs had been incurred to date on the proposal? Or Azalina did not have any information on the costs incurred so far?

No, she had the figure of the costs incurred on the project when she stood up in the House, but she chose to deliberately withhold information from Parliament. The costs the National Sports Council (Majlis Sukan Negara) had incurred to date on the feasibility study of the London project was RM317,000.

Why did Azalina withhold this information which was with her when she stood up to answer in Parliament last Tuesday? Is it because she realized that spending RM317,000 for a feasibility study on the London Sports Centre is quite scandalous, and she wanted to avoid another round of adverse publicity?

Whatever her reason, it was a contempt of Parliament and a grave breach of parliamentary privilege to deliberately withhold information when asked by MPs and which information was in her possession when she replied in Parliament...

number8
post Nov 17 2006, 06:12 PM

It's Not About The Number, It's About The Position...
1,220 posts

the project is a go ahead right?
TSbrokenomerta
post Nov 17 2006, 11:44 PM

1,168 posts

QUOTE(number8 @ Nov 17 2006, 06:12 PM)
the project is a go ahead right?
i have no idea...some said its canceled...some said it will go on but in a smaller scale...while some said it will go on...man...all those money...swooosh...hahahaha...

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:21 PM