Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Dubai

views

nugget
post Jan 4 2007, 07:05 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(Sensui @ Nov 14 2006, 01:44 PM)
So many Indians in UAE, I think 80+% of the population is Indians i think.

Might as well name the country New India... heheh
now days indian flooded everywhere...sorry I am not a racist....
but its true the india had change alo tin recent ears by producing top profetionals in variuos field....

but whenever u come across those who had obtain PR status in singapore,uae,etc....
its like u owe them somthing when u interact with them....grrrhhh.....

Felice821
post Jun 26 2007, 03:57 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

I'm pretty interested to visit this country. Especially the 7star HOtel. Who been there and do stay at the hotel, can give some comment?

tishaban
post Jun 26 2007, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Felice821 @ Jun 26 2007, 03:57 AM)
I'm pretty interested to visit this country. Especially the 7star HOtel. Who been there and do stay at the hotel, can give some comment?
You have to pay I think US$50 just to enter the hotel, plus there's some minimal dress code as well as far as I know. I've not been to the hotel myself biggrin.gif

elb
post Jun 26 2007, 10:07 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(Felice821 @ Jun 25 2007, 08:57 PM)
Avoid the overrated Burj al-Arab (the so-called "seven star" five star hotel). You need an appointment to get in, and that would mean a pricey breakfast (over RM400) at the cheapest.

If you want glitzy hotels, go to Las Vegas' Strip. Many more hotels which are varied and even more lavish, with everything for everyone, and you don't need an appointment or to pay to get inside.

This post has been edited by elb: Jun 26 2007, 10:09 PM
Victor3010
post Nov 16 2007, 08:04 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

I'm going to Dubai this coming Thursday for a month...
so any advice to get from u guys?
Vinspire
post Mar 24 2008, 11:33 PM

Sleeping Member
1,667 posts

QUOTE(alchemisT @ Dec 30 2006, 02:39 AM)
I've not been to Dubai but i'm currently working in Bahrain.

The plane ticket into the Middle East will cost u to about RM3k for a return ticket, or you could get it a little cheaper by booking early, about 3-4 months before your trip. Take Emirates as it should be cheaper coz Dubai is its home base - quite safe to say the tickets of Emirates is cheaper compared to most other airlines while they offer also beautiful air hostresses =P

From what i heard from my colleagues who were stationed there before, the cost of living in Bahrain is definitely more expensive than Dubai.

So in order to prepare yourself as a backpacker, i reckon u to prepare about RM200 per day just to be safe - for food and accomodation only. Other expenses, you have to set another budget for that.

Just like what the a forumer said earlier, the thing to do is to eat the Middle Eastern food. especially their grills.

Hope tat helps a little.
Thank you for the advice.

Anyway, I plan to go Dubai end of this year. Anyone have any recommendation of the according:-

1. Places to stay ( budget hotel )
2. Places to go
3. Things to eat
kenny B
post Mar 25 2008, 03:16 AM

Enthusiast
821 posts

how bout the climate? worse than malaysia?
OniZuKa
post Mar 30 2008, 04:30 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

If you are going for budget, most likely the transportation will be a problem. Which means you might have to take the taxi everytime.

The taxi fare is charge by meter, so no bargain.

Currently there are place to go, you can go for "safari trip" which cost approx 180 dirhams per person. you will enjoy the bumpy ride in the 4WD land cruiser at the desert.
Then come to evening, you will hang out at a desert camp where they serves buffet with delicious grilled lamb and chicken.

Last activities you have in the camp is they will have belly dancers to chill up all the guests.

You can look for the "big bus" company for day tour around the city. A tickets for big bus is approx DHS 150 - 160 and valid for 24 hours.

The bus will bring you around the city and there is a tour guide to explaining about the places you looking at. You may drop of the bus every stop point if you wish to walk around the area, and there will be another bus come to pick up after 30 minutes.

However if you do not drop off from the bus, you will complete the whole journey inside and outside the city about 4 hours.

Actually if you plan to go to Dubai end this year, you may consider to forward the plan to end Jan. Start from 27th Jan every year, there will have Dubai Shopping Festival (DFS), quite a bargain and shopping paradise for shop alcoholic. But you have to queue for the taxi there as too many foreign visitor during that month as exhibition is held for few weeks, hence many visitor with family are there.

Fyi, the 1st night of DSF start I have to queue in the shopping for a taxi about 2 hours + !!

Regards to the food, you shouldnt have any problem as their food is quite delicious. No specific of Dubai food, about 80% population in Dubai is foreign and most of them are the indian.

Therefore the indian restaurant over there does serves a great and aroma indian dishes, I cant find any restaurant here compare to there.

Meanwhile I usually do not choose to have KFC in Malaysia, but the KFC there is really nice not so oily but expensive compare to here, one set meal is about 18 Dirhams.

You must try their pure fruit juices, I cant really describe how good it is. Once you have try it yourself, you will miss it.

I would also suggest to try the Iranian food if you could find restaurant that serves Iranian food over there. Iranian rice is a must to try, which known as "saflon rice".

The time for the best weather is during the winter time which from december till February. It 's really cooling about 15 - 10 degree and windy.

MonsterJ9
post Mar 31 2008, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

How much ticket to Dubai?
Emirates?
OniZuKa
post Mar 31 2008, 10:34 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

It's approx RM 3,300 +- two way fly with Emirates
sleepchild
post Aug 6 2008, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

hi, any1 been to dubai b4?..i heard from myfrens said tat sept might b super hot at Dubai?..isit true?...as im planning to pay a visit to Dubai during end of sept:(...any idea?..
MOMOchacha
post Aug 6 2008, 08:23 PM

Regular
1,949 posts

i hv been there in the airport only.hahaha...
there expenses very high and i think the weather not really hot than Abu dabi
suns8630
post Aug 6 2008, 08:43 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(sleepchild @ Aug 6 2008, 08:22 PM)
hi, any1 been to dubai b4?..i heard from myfrens said tat sept might b super hot at Dubai?..isit true?...as im planning to pay a visit to Dubai during end of sept:(...any idea?..
what reason .. for you to be there ...leisure or business ...???

noting to shout about .. except to look see look see .... yes ... it is still HOT on day time ... but you can always escape the heat by staying in door ( shopping mall ) ...

other then that ... noting much to do .... unless you like fishing .... can sail out to the gulf .. for some good fishing trip....

as for shopping mall .... again ..is to look see look see ..... all branded stuffs are available there .. but do you have enough $$$$

MonsterJ9
post Aug 12 2008, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

I'm going to Dubai next month
Can I rent a car and drive there with P licence? (lol)
I heard their cars are LHD.

and also I'm looking hotel around 300 Dirham per night.
Which hotel?

This post has been edited by MonsterJ9: Aug 12 2008, 08:24 PM
Victor3010
post Sep 9 2008, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

Of what i know, dubai doesn't accept our license... even with international one. have to take their driving test.. hotels at that rate isn't that easy to find though
sordanny
post Sep 10 2008, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,008 posts

QUOTE(Victor3010 @ Sep 9 2008, 09:49 PM)
Of what i know, dubai doesn't accept our license... even with international one. have to take their driving test.. hotels at that rate isn't that easy to find though
They accept International License but u will have to apply for a temporary license from the ministry. That's on paper but when u actually go to the ministry u will find ppl in queues until outside the building... Pretty much impossible to go into the building...

Taking the taxi is extremely costly... Not to mention the wait for the taxi... Normally it takes at least half an hour for the taxi to arrive, and they charge for the journey before they arrive also... U will find traffic jams 10 times worse than KL, if u've been to Skeikh Zayid highway during rush hours then u'll know wat i'm talking about... After the jams then u'll find car park another huge problem... generally traveling in dubai is such a frustration it's better u buy lots of snacks in the car or bring it to into the taxi. Ppl living in Dubai say if u live there for 10 years, 3 years of your life is spent stuck in jams mad.gif

Hotels are also very very expensive over there even with corporate rates, except for summer months. During normal time even budget hotels will cost around AED 300++

U can forget about working over there if the company is not providing accommodation cuz the standard rental rates there are normally at least AED 100,000 per year paid in full upfront... Unless u want to live in a sh!thole together with Bangla or Indian construction workers... doh.gif

But talking about the night life Dubai have the best in the world thumbup.gif U'll go shocking.gif when u visit the clubs. Desert safari is also a must go.

Non-Muslims DON'T, i repeat DON'T go during Ramadan cuz it will be almost like a dead city in the morning... And u'll NOT find any place to eat except for the hotel... Smoking in public is also banned in Ramadan... rclxub.gif

Nothing is cheap there compared to Malaysia except for cars and petrol. Just imagine buying a same car at less than half the price...

In conclusion i still think although in Malaysia still we have our own problems but then it is still the best place to live thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by sordanny: Sep 10 2008, 02:04 PM
Putraskyline
post Sep 10 2008, 04:25 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(elb @ Jun 26 2007, 10:07 PM)
Avoid the overrated Burj al-Arab (the so-called "seven star" five star hotel). You need an appointment to get in, and that would mean a pricey breakfast (over RM400) at the cheapest.

If you want glitzy hotels, go to Las Vegas' Strip. Many more hotels which are varied and even more lavish, with everything for everyone, and you don't need an appointment or to pay to get inside.
Huh you missed the point. Visit Las Vegas is not the same when you visit Burj. Even many vegas hotel more lavish like you mention, its purely not Burj Al arab which situated at Dubai.
wongck
post Sep 10 2008, 04:49 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

QUOTE(sordanny @ Sep 10 2008, 01:54 PM)
But talking about the night life Dubai have the best in the world  thumbup.gif  U'll go  shocking.gif  when u visit the clubs. Desert safari is also a must go.
Last time my tour guide told me need to be couple then only allow to visit the clubs. Not sure how true is it.

Very agree with this Desert Safari. Sitting on the 4 wheel drive...crusing around d desert, having dinner in the middle of desert, sitting on camel. Got belly dance somemore...uhh....! rclxms.gif
sordanny
post Sep 12 2008, 11:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,008 posts

Not necessary to be a couple to go into the club. But if u want u can get 1 very easily. Dubai is like some sort of prostitution heaven u know brows.gif . They're everywhere, might even be living next door but u won't know until u see them

Belly dancing is nothing in Dubai... That will be like some sort of pub over there...

I'll recommend Movenpick. It's near City Centre Shopping Mall. u'll drool.gif non stop ^^

This post has been edited by sordanny: Sep 12 2008, 11:14 AM
phat
post Nov 8 2008, 12:01 AM

Casual
328 posts

Hi,im going to dubai dis 6th december..juz wanna know where is da cheapest accomodation there?m e n my family are only going to stay there for one nite..transit b4 continuing our journey to UK..N wut other places of interest there?

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:03 AM