Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[LAZADA.com.my] Never buy here, Think twice, bad customer service

views

TSDaniel Hyuuga
post Jan 30 2014, 08:39 PM, updated 9y ago

Casual
390 posts

Hey guys,

I just wanna share some bad experience I'm having today with current trending online shoppin website, Lazada. So I've decided to clear out Paypal's balance in MYR (since they so stubborn to convert it to USD), by buying some cheap RJ45 enthernet cable from Lazada. At first it went well, and as fast as Lelong.com.my. On Jan 28, 2014 GDex sent me the parcel. Okay at first I'm satisfied with the service. So on same day, 5PM I've decided to buy an android tablet from Lazada again, since they've satisfied my first impression. The payment went well, on next day Jan 29,2014 5PM they updated the status that they're processing the item at their warehouse. Okay I though this could went well. Then, I waited till 7PM today and they have updated shipping status to shipped. So I waited till 1AM and check again with GDex tracking site, "No records found for [PARCEL ID]". I was like "huh? The last time I bought the cable it updates in GDex, but today it doesn't".

user posted image

Then, I wen't to sleep, because who knows if GDex updates on next morning on Jan 30,2014 today. Early 7AM, I checked again with GDex, still empty like screenshot above. I went to Lazada website on 8AM and ask them to confirm if they have shipped the item or given the right parcel number, then I watched TV waiting their respond. So I waited a bit longer on 12PM, and checked again on GDex... you guess what happened? Like screenshot: EMPTY AGAIN and I checked email, no response from Lazada. I called GDex and they said they haven't receive any parcel with that number from Lazada. Weird huh? But I didn't give up yet so I contacted Lazada via their Facebook page, and privately messages them about my ticket. On 5PM, I finally got a respond from Lazada:

user posted image

WHAAAAAT?? They only work till 2PM today? And will continue back to work on Feb 2, 2014? So I kinda accepted the answer and asked one last question if Lazada had scheduled any delivery delay for CNY festive season. And I waited till 6PM with no replies from Lazada. But suddenly I remembered something from their website:

user posted image

Wait, wait a minute, didn't Lazada @ FB told me they having a break for this festive season? This is so not like what advertized on their website. This can be considered as scam already. Though, I keep waiting for any response from Lazada till 7PM, with my hopes up. And guess what:

user posted image

They updated their FB status, and ignored my question? WHADAFAQ?? I asked that question like 2 hours ago, yet it won't take more than 2 mins to reply my question in FB, just a "YES" or "NO". Not even a word!! So they're that "BUSY" to reply, but eh... I thought they work until 2PM only? So strange!! I'm so furious because they don't even bother to take a 1-2 min to inform their customer what are they planning to do or any changes will occur for this CNY season. AT LEAST LELONG.MY bothers to inform their customer about their late delivery:

user posted image

So guys, I advise you all NEVER ONLINE SHOP WITH LAZADA, I suggest you better online shop with Lelong.my, since they never let me down yet of all 17 orders I made with them. Lazada let me down on my 2nd order attempt. Think twice before you shop with Lazada

* I'll keep updating my issue with Lazada in here

This post has been edited by Daniel Hyuuga: Jan 30 2014, 10:22 PM
ktek
post Jan 31 2014, 08:25 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

Perhaps they employ outsource personnel to update facebook,internal staff handle email and pm.

cannot be 1person do all work, rite.

btw, i wont buy /support this kind of online store. U never know who is handling ur purchase behind
gyver
post Jan 31 2014, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,067 posts

Didn't you know that Lazada is the same people as Zalora. Just google Zalora... and you will find a lot of "zalora penipu" results. Go figure.
acbc
post Jan 31 2014, 09:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Well, my shopping with them ok only. Of course, don't shop during CNY period la. Everywhere also same. Not enough support staffs.
taohannan
post Jan 31 2014, 09:17 AM

Casual
429 posts

sending item late is not a scam

if never send then it is a scam
gyver
post Jan 31 2014, 09:19 AM

Regular
1,067 posts

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lazada+tipu
TSDaniel Hyuuga
post Jan 31 2014, 03:53 PM

Casual
390 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jan 31 2014, 08:25 AM)
Perhaps they employ outsource personnel to update facebook,internal staff handle email and pm.

btw, i wont buy /support this kind of online store. U never know who is handling ur purchase behind
Well, they could just say "We're sorry, you have to contact customer service or create a ticket" or "We're not sure about that. We will try and confirm with departments that handles shipping" or maybe just simple answer "We don't know" would be suffice as an answer. It's not like I'm gonna scold them for lack of information, it's just they're ignoring the customers rages me off. I used to work on retail stores so I know how they feels, but I just wanted an answer that is all. Who doesn't get angry if you get ignored just like that?
john123x
post Jan 31 2014, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

dude, ur being too emo.
send late and slow is NOT A SCAM.

beside its not advisable to purchase last minute near holiday like CNY, they are probably understaffed. I also work half day on Wednesday......

sometimes staffs that post on fb, are not related with staffs that doing the inventory warehouse.

Dont worry, ur wise on using Paypal because paypal has buyer protection.
if u dont get ur items within 40 days, u can get back ur money....
TSDaniel Hyuuga
post Jan 31 2014, 04:08 PM

Casual
390 posts

And also do not misunderstand word "scam". "Scam" could happen even if it doesn't follow what was advertized. Like operating hours, if they advertized they operate from 9am - 9pm, and suddenly they closed at 2PM, without a reasonable reason, thats considered a lie already. And somehow strange is, they were able to ship on 8pm yesterday, and I though they stopped working at 2PM, isnt that weird?
TSDaniel Hyuuga
post Jan 31 2014, 04:19 PM

Casual
390 posts

QUOTE(john123x @ Jan 31 2014, 04:01 PM)
dude, ur being too emo.
send late and slow is NOT A SCAM.

beside its not advisable to purchase last minute near holiday like CNY, they are probably understaffed. I also work half day on Wednesday......

sometimes staffs that post on fb, are not related with staffs that doing the inventory warehouse.

Dont worry, ur wise on using Paypal because paypal has buyer protection.
if u dont get ur items within 40 days, u can get back ur money....
Not I being emo or what, I just wanted an answer where the hell is item, if they say the item is still in their warehouse or already sent to gdex, I would be fine either of that. The only cause of this uproar is they said the item is shipped, when GDex was questioned, they said they didnt receive any parcel with such number. If whoever handles the fb page says either "We're not CS, you should call the office or create ticket" or at least simple answer "We dont know", at least I know I'm contacting the wrong dept. Just any simple answer could satisfy me that time, but ignoring is a bit too rude.

Try put yourself in criteria while contacting a bank to check your credit card balance over phone. If the whoever answers the phone who only knows handle debit and doesnt know anything decided to be all sudden quiet, and then answers another call, would you go angry? At least as give the customer a simple answer so they don't have to wait and wasting their time, and reduces their stress

This post has been edited by Daniel Hyuuga: Jan 31 2014, 04:19 PM
Scud_eSpade
post Jan 31 2014, 04:28 PM

Casual
345 posts

Chil bro. Mine also previously status not update but it was delivered on time. Even gdex status also fail.
Just wait and see first instead write things in forum.

People answering facebook may not know the delivery status. Just be patient a bit
TSDaniel Hyuuga
post Jan 31 2014, 04:34 PM

Casual
390 posts

QUOTE(Scud_eSpade @ Jan 31 2014, 04:28 PM)
Chil bro. Mine also previously status not update but it was delivered on time. Even gdex status also fail.
Just wait and see first instead write things in forum.

People answering facebook may not know the delivery status. Just be patient a bit
I totally understand if they don't know, but at least notify your customers you don't know, dont make them wait and wondering for an answer. That makes them even 2x more angrier. I dont care if the item shipped late or whatsoever, but the ignorance is what pissing me off. They're online retail shop professional, not some kind local grocery shop. At least act like one
SUSMRSamurai
post Jan 31 2014, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

i like LAZADA, once i gave bad review of them on their e-mail survey. they call me and ask why. i wrote gdex is shit, they admit and one more they don't publish my review of the phone i bought. QC guy thanked me for input and give RM50 voucher.

Then i also got another RM50 voucher from them but i forgot why i got it. Last month i got another RM50 voucher from them for filling up survey about baby milk. questions like how many baby formula milk i bought each month and what brand. i just hantam coz i didn't even have kids yet. so far LAZADA is LAZAT.
acbc
post Jan 31 2014, 05:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Lazada used 2 different couriers. For COD purchases, it is TAQBIN, dealt with them many times and very professional. GDEX not that good but since they are nearby my house, I usually arrange a pickup from their office on the way to work.
darkddly
post Feb 1 2014, 01:00 AM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Jan 31 2014, 08:25 AM)

THIS is ur answer..
DEz012
post Feb 1 2014, 12:52 PM

On my way
569 posts

This is not a scam but wrong timing when buying stuff online. You should know the it's CNY EVE, delay should be expected. Normally online buying sometimes need 2 to 3 days before item send out. They already reply you regarding CNY closed for a few days, so have patience wait until Tuesday.
lemonish
post Feb 4 2014, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

facebook status can be arranged of its posting time.
large companies use it all the time to manage with their scheduled posts.
aK69
post Feb 7 2014, 06:28 PM

20 posts

ayam edy kena once. bought a tab.
found out the tab was that one previous customer returned one.
try to look for return policies.
but so lazy to follow the t&c.
just use the tab. got some laggy screen issues.
cisss..

KoChun
post Feb 19 2014, 09:59 PM

On my way
688 posts

Once bitten, Twice shy.
He bitten, Why I 1 2 try.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I shall avoid Lazada / Zalora.com
UserU
post Feb 20 2014, 02:53 PM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

Lazada prices are pretty much BS. You're likely paying either the same or slightly higher than RRP, despite them boldly claiming that you save X percent.

17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:22 PM