5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JamTank, Remember those days?

views

quarantined
post Jan 28 2014, 11:44 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

I remember oogling at all those gears I'm unable to buy during my school days... and of course reading all the flame was fun! I was Sylvania in old JT.

There's still jamtank.org out there, although only (barely) active in the marketplace. More activity in Facebook's jamtank, once in a while there are some trolling here and there, keeping the spirit going I guess.

I once had a kid's mom threatening to call the police because his son sold a crap guitar and he got flamed for it.

There must be lots of interesting stories to tell? biggrin.gif
TSkhaiyin
post Jan 28 2014, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Jan 28 2014, 11:44 AM)

There must be lots of interesting stories to tell? biggrin.gif
Yeah, a lot. smile.gif Lemme see...

The feud with Irman has got to take the cake. Basically he talked crap about Slash (the thread title was "This Forum's Fascination With Saul Hudson") and all the other guys jumped on him. This led to him going off and founding Malaise.

Damageplan asking for special status as "Overlord" or something.

Vulcan X spamming the threads. I think he spends probably 23 hours in a day trolling JamTank.

The this-has-got-to-be-the-longest-thread-in-existence thread in the Bass Talk subforum, helmed by the late Alda. Too much love fest among bassists in JamTank.

The Miscellaneous section. We (basically me and Josh from Flatline) posted a series of cam pics of this rather luscious girl whose name I couldn't remember.

Irene, who claimed that we ripped her idea of a JamFest gig. Saiful Onisan (FYI) who helped me throw the Spirit of Independence gig.

Natalie, ex-Dragon Red who helped me with the forum while I was away. She too got sick of it and quit. Ha. smile.gif

What else?
echobrainproject
post Jan 28 2014, 01:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,765 posts

QUOTE(khaiyin @ Jan 28 2014, 11:36 AM)
Hey echo! I remember you. How's things?

You're making me feel old, dammit.
haha! Things are going good. We've all grown up. Look at Gapnap, became a tycoon and is a married man.

Now I only get jamtank on my fb newsfeed.
Everdying
post Jan 28 2014, 01:43 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(khaiyin @ Jan 28 2014, 11:35 AM)
Selling what shit? You mean, the marketplace?

I once had a kid's mom threatening to call the police because his son sold a crap guitar and he got flamed for it.
i remember that kid, sold a fake guitar.
then u all pussying out and closing / deleting the thread after his 'mom' posted tongue.gif
TSkhaiyin
post Jan 28 2014, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Jan 28 2014, 01:43 PM)
i remember that kid, sold a fake guitar.
then u all pussying out and closing / deleting the thread after his 'mom' posted tongue.gif
Not just "posted"; she called me at 12am.

Could have done things differently, but for what? Also, the place has morphed entirely into a different beast altogether. The original crowd has since gone, replaced with kids who believed that "free speech" is a God-given right even in private property.

Not to mention the "Your Religion And I" type-threads which went nowhere.

This post has been edited by khaiyin: Jan 28 2014, 05:33 PM
ariffdude
post Jan 28 2014, 08:52 PM

On my way
628 posts

I came to Jamtank in 2008, quite late I guess. Things was more fun back then, had a few arguments myself. But was much younger then, looking back, I realized now internet arguments are pretty much useless if you're trying to get a more objective debate since it is inevitable to have a few youngsters trolling.
TSkhaiyin
post Jan 28 2014, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(ariffdude @ Jan 28 2014, 08:52 PM)
I came to Jamtank in 2008, quite late I guess. Things was more fun back then, had a few arguments myself. But was much younger then, looking back, I realized now internet arguments are pretty much useless if you're trying to get a more objective debate since it is inevitable to have a few youngsters trolling.
Yes, that's why most JamTank "vets" left altogether. I rarely visited post 2005 although old-timers like JD (Pop Shuvit) stayed up till the end.

Here's the original JamTank logo circa 2001/2. It might be of interest to know that Wing Meng (Love Me Butch) did the design. For a princely sum of RM200 smile.gif

user posted image
jackwylde
post Jan 29 2014, 03:25 AM

On my way
575 posts

haha. jamtank and i-bands. started my gas.

i remembered harbinger. he got cool amps and caparisons.

his guitars are soo cool it almost made me sell my rgt prestige to get a horus
gapnap
post Jan 29 2014, 03:54 AM

Regular
1,782 posts

QUOTE(khaiyin @ Jan 28 2014, 09:36 AM)
Gap - how are you?
I am doing fine. What about you?
Honestly , the best Jamtank was the one with phpBB , the original one. I didn't like the SMF version. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(echobrainproject @ Jan 28 2014, 01:37 PM)
We've all grown up. Look at Gapnap, became a tycoon and is a married man.
You mean typhoon? Kan gua cakap gua Havoc.

Married?

user posted image

This post has been edited by gapnap: Jan 29 2014, 03:55 AM
freakfingers12
post Jan 29 2014, 08:31 AM

Honor thy father
2,283 posts

Haha, I used to lurk in Jamtank quite alot when I was younger in school days man. Broken-pick was my username. Still is though!

Does anyone remember the old man who used to be quite a legendary troll? The guy who would piss the living shit out of everyone there with his american made guitars obsession and interesting opinions? Very entertaining to watch flame wars there haha.

10 years has passed already. Damn. :')
TSkhaiyin
post Jan 29 2014, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(gapnap @ Jan 29 2014, 03:54 AM)
I am doing fine. What about you?
Honestly , the best Jamtank was the one with phpBB , the original one. I didn't like the SMF version.  biggrin.gif
phpBB's more prone to spam - at least that's what my coder told me. The SMF version was supposed to be a stopgap measure before we rolled out vBulletin, but again the plans fizzled out.

You played at my wedding, right? How's Kevin doing? I thought I saw him emceeing in Puchong some months ago.
gapnap
post Jan 29 2014, 05:55 PM

Regular
1,782 posts

QUOTE(freakfingers12 @ Jan 29 2014, 08:31 AM)
Does anyone remember the old man who used to be quite a legendary troll? The guy who would piss the living shit out of everyone there with his american made guitars obsession and interesting opinions? Very entertaining to watch flame wars there haha.
is it hak55?

QUOTE(khaiyin @ Jan 29 2014, 09:41 AM)
phpBB's more prone to spam - at least that's what my coder told me. The SMF version was supposed to be a stopgap measure before we rolled out vBulletin, but again the plans fizzled out.

You played at my wedding, right? How's Kevin doing? I thought I saw him emceeing in Puchong some months ago.
Yeah i was the guitarist at your wedding. Very nice wedding bro smile.gif
Kevin is doing great with events , he has many big clients now lol..big boss already.

Anyway , back then ..i think you guys should have create a "shopping cart" on Jamtank and establish an online store.
Then get distributorship from boutique brands and eventually open a "Jamtank Outlet" to move forward.

I don't think music shop's here are willing to pay alot for advertising , haha.

Everdying
post Jan 29 2014, 06:00 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

I remember a keyboard warrior want act macho before.
come look for puvan...i was there that time...he come then see us then got scared...hahah tongue.gif
jasontantenghuat
post Jan 30 2014, 09:41 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(gapnap @ Jan 28 2014, 12:34 AM)
Correction.

You should say ,

I remember Slashed , Vulcan & DAMAGEPLAN being the regular resident flamers.
There was another guy... Holydiver or something like that... his display pic was that old lady smoking a huge whatever that thing is... i remember whenever he gets into a flame war with anyone... he spends most of the time editing his posts until one of the "older" tanker flamed the crap out of him. And he never came back.

I miss the smite/applaud button laugh.gif
Kelvw
post Jan 31 2014, 06:51 AM

Regular
1,588 posts

the old jam tank has always been interesting with the trollers
regiuseven
post Jan 31 2014, 09:24 AM

/k/ & /mu/
1,533 posts

QUOTE(jackwylde @ Jan 29 2014, 03:25 AM)
haha. jamtank and i-bands. started my gas.

i remembered harbinger. he got cool amps and caparisons.

his guitars are soo cool it almost made me sell my rgt prestige to get a horus
Somebody here owns more than 1 Capa ? Holy..
Air Hendrix
post Jan 31 2014, 12:55 PM

Casual
342 posts

QUOTE(regiuseven @ Jan 31 2014, 09:24 AM)
Somebody here owns more than 1 Capa ? Holy..
He's only left with a TAT II now (and few awesome Wariors). Sold his Horuses to Alel of Upon Arrival.

And yeah his Framus Cobra is on sale. Been eyeing that for a while...

This post has been edited by Air Hendrix: Jan 31 2014, 12:56 PM
TSkhaiyin
post Feb 2 2014, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(gapnap @ Jan 29 2014, 05:55 PM)
Anyway , back then ..i think you guys should have create a "shopping cart" on Jamtank and establish an online store.
Then get distributorship from boutique brands and eventually open a "Jamtank Outlet" to move forward.

I don't think music shop's here are willing to pay alot for advertising , haha.
Yep, that was what we intended to do. Also, CD distributorship.

Alas, we all went our separate ways. Kevin (Broken Scar) went to Australia. My designer guy also left for Singapore.

Then we figured out that music in Malaysia doesn't pay. smile.gif
echobrainproject
post Feb 4 2014, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,765 posts

QUOTE(khaiyin @ Jan 28 2014, 10:26 PM)
Yes, that's why most JamTank "vets" left altogether. I rarely visited post 2005 although old-timers like JD (Pop Shuvit) stayed up till the end.

Here's the original JamTank logo circa 2001/2. It might be of interest to know that Wing Meng (Love Me Butch) did the design. For a princely sum of RM200 smile.gif

user posted image
JD has helped answered alot of my noob questions. Wouldnt be where I am if it wasnt for him. Funny how I ended up assisting him once in a while these days.

RM200? wow. tongue.gif

Alas, we all went our separate ways. Kevin (Broken Scar) went to Australia. My designer guy also left for Singapore.

Kev involved with Jamtank? I just visited him again last year. Alda and I had talks about visiting Kev.

I remember a keyboard warrior want act macho before.
come look for puvan...i was there that time...he come then see us then got scared...hahah tongue.gif

Linking the stories together now! haha.

is it hak55?

hak55 is an old man?
isaacmiranda7
post Feb 6 2014, 01:58 PM

Look at all my stars!
1,889 posts

Used to be there, same username.

Of course, that was when I first started secondary school. '08, I think. So much has changed since then! HAHA.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0228sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:32 PM