Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apple - Mac 30 - Thirty years of innovation

views

Jackie-Cham
post Jan 26 2014, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

I love my mac, even more than my windows powerhouse.
On the other hand, I hated the ios.
SUSNXJ
post Jan 26 2014, 09:24 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(elmodistortion @ Jan 26 2014, 09:22 PM)
bewtoh revolution .. steve job is only the best salesman.even bill gates much better than him.

the day after steve job die, father of C die, no one remember. stupid human.
Well, that salesman did introduce the world iPhone and iPad, which set the new standard on what smartphones or tablets should at the very least have.

This post has been edited by NXJ: Jan 26 2014, 09:28 PM
SUSNXJ
post Jan 26 2014, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(Jackie-Cham @ Jan 26 2014, 09:24 PM)
I love my mac, even more than my windows powerhouse.
On the other hand, I hated the ios.
For the lack of customization? That's a given since Apple is a control freak. It's not meant for people who likes tweaking things.
aspire2oo6
post Jan 26 2014, 09:29 PM

Banned
34,712 posts

I thought bookworms are knowledgeable but that statement just sound disappointing. All apple did was create a system that expand into value. If made easy cannot be across all its devices same OS.

Why people buy what crap apple launch because its the perception value created by the brand.

If you notice some people even other brand is better they still buy back apple. But people slowly waking up or realizing it notice apple market slowly dropping already because they slowly out ot sync with the market.
Jackie-Cham
post Jan 26 2014, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 26 2014, 09:26 PM)
For the lack of customization? That's a given since Apple is a control freak. It's not meant for people who likes tweaking things.
It's hard to put a finger on what's wrong with it.
The way it feels, it's as if they're telling you how to use their phone instead of 'you' actually using them.

For all my video, image and everything else in between, my mac is always the first choice.
I only turn on my windows to play games nowadays.
SUSNXJ
post Jan 26 2014, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(Jackie-Cham @ Jan 26 2014, 09:30 PM)
It's hard to put a finger on what's wrong with it.
The way it feels, it's as if they're telling you how to use their phone instead of 'you' actually using them.

For all my video, image and everything else in between, my mac is always the first choice.
I only turn on my windows to play games nowadays.
That is their goal. Instead of giving you a sandbox and let you deal with it on your own, they clearly tells you what you can do, and quietly, what you can't. Which is great for those who don't care if they can hack a device to make it better. They just buy it and use it accordingly. Not everyone knows how to gain root access, not everyone wants to know how to gain root access. They just want to use their devices to do their work.

Remember the antenna-issue? Instead of owing up to the shortcoming, a "mistake" of insisting design over engineering, Steve Jobs tells you you are holding it the wrong way. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by NXJ: Jan 26 2014, 09:35 PM
elmodistortion
post Jan 27 2014, 12:57 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 26 2014, 09:24 PM)
Well, that salesman did introduce the world iPhone and iPad, which set the new standard on what smartphones or tablets should at the very least have.
standard?

please give any fact apple did introduce first tablet or touch screen. revolution? ahhh just OS tweak and high price that attract rich people to differentiate 2 world during early days.
SUSTY-TY
post Jan 27 2014, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(Night Fox @ Jan 26 2014, 09:07 PM)
Most of people are to ignorance to believe that it was Apple who brought PC (Personal Computing) to home users.
and was programmer that write virus ~~~~~~ vmad.gif
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(elmodistortion @ Jan 27 2014, 12:57 PM)
standard?

please give any fact apple did introduce first tablet or touch screen. revolution? ahhh just OS tweak and high price that attract rich people to differentiate 2 world during early days.
QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 26 2014, 09:11 PM)
The role Apple played in history of computing, is not the creation of it or introducing it to home users. It was the fact that Apple made it easy for people to start computing. Pre-Apple computing, you have to buy the parts and put them together yourself, which is very difficult for those who didn't study about it. Apple made it possible for people to buy and start using it.
QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 26 2014, 09:18 PM)
Again, the role of Apple in history of computing is not creation, but making it easy for people to use. PDA and laptop pre-Apple was not common in households. MP3 players were complicated before iPod.

There's a saying in engineering: first make it work, then make it work better. Other people invented those things. Apple made them easy.
user posted image

user posted image
elmodistortion
post Jan 27 2014, 01:18 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 27 2014, 01:15 PM)
user posted image

user posted image
Thats call innovation?

thats improvise....see tablet also know.

none of technology came from apple.

flyf
post Jan 27 2014, 01:18 PM

12 posts

I loled at ppl trying to belittle SJ.

While the rest of those important ceos and president of united states thought highly of him.

This post has been edited by flyf: Jan 27 2014, 01:20 PM
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(elmodistortion @ Jan 27 2014, 01:18 PM)
Thats call innovation?

thats improvise....see tablet also know.

none of technology came from apple.
I see. So your perception of "Apple is not innovative" stems from your lack of understanding of what is innovation, invention, and improvise.

Improvise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvisation
Innovation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innovation
Invention: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention

Summary:

Improvise is to create something on the spot without prior preparation.
Innovation is to make existing creations work better or entirely new function.
Invention is to create a never before seen idea.

It is wrong to say Apple improvised. It is correct to say Apple innovated.

This post has been edited by NXJ: Jan 27 2014, 01:24 PM
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(flyf @ Jan 27 2014, 01:18 PM)
I loled at ppl trying to belittle SJ.

While the rest of those important ceos and president of united states thought highly of him.
It's understandable, due to the closed nature of the system, as well as its premium pricing. But they fail to understand is, not everyone spend hours every day tinker with their computer. Some people just want to work. Ironically, it is the closed nature of the system that entices people to create using Apple product, because they know the files, such as color profile, will look exactly the same on one Mac and another.
Reckoning
post Jan 27 2014, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

me and 99% of the guys i know start using pc that use windows. not mac. from windows 3.1. i just dont care if apple start it off or what, the data says more users use windows. so windows is dewa
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(Reckoning @ Jan 27 2014, 01:37 PM)
me and 99% of the guys i know start using pc that use windows. not mac. from windows 3.1. i just dont care if apple start it off or what, the data says more users use windows. so windows is dewa
Of course, due its cheaper pricing and customizing option, both hardware and software, Windows is more popular. Pros and cons, you can say those designers or CEOs are stupid for choosing Apple over Windows. It is true, they are stupid, in the sense that they don't know how to assemble a computer by themselves. I also suspect it's because they rather spend their time elsewhere, or for the sake of adhering industrial standard in color profiling and many others.
robertngo
post Jan 27 2014, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,027 posts

QUOTE(Night Fox @ Jan 26 2014, 09:09 PM)
Even the 1st PDA, it was by Apple. Not Android or othersĀ  rolleyes.gif
and steve jobs kill that project immediatly when he return to apple because it was one of the true innovative project of sculley

This post has been edited by robertngo: Jan 27 2014, 01:52 PM
robertngo
post Jan 27 2014, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,027 posts

QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 26 2014, 09:26 PM)
Apple computer are at first made for tinkerer. Woz even want to sell the computer at cost to all those computer club member.
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jan 27 2014, 01:52 PM)
Apple computer are at first made for tinkerer. Woz even want to sell the computer at cost to all those computer club member.
Yes, there was this controversy about how many additional slots a motherboard should have. Woz won that argument. Steve won everything from there on, leading to the separation.

Woz and Steve started as "hackers". Woz stayed on that path, Steve steered to the opposite direction.
robertngo
post Jan 27 2014, 02:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,027 posts

QUOTE(NXJ @ Jan 27 2014, 01:59 PM)
Yes, there was this controversy about how many additional slots a motherboard should have. Woz won that argument. Steve won everything from there on, leading to the separation.

Woz and Steve started as "hackers". Woz stayed on that path, Steve steered to the opposite direction.
well the mac project are started partly due to jobs being jelly of woz's status as the person that design the apple computer and build the company. he want to build a new platform that will be his and he will claim the credit.
SUSNXJ
post Jan 27 2014, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(robertngo @ Jan 27 2014, 02:04 PM)
well the mac project are started partly due to jobs being jelly of woz's status as the person that design the apple computer and build the company. he want to build a new platform that will be his and he will claim the credit.
There's no denying this, Steve Jobs was a jerk. biggrin.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM