3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Symbian Discussion: Series 60, ** Installation Guide **

views

gepochai
post Dec 13 2004, 03:03 PM

Casual
303 posts

anyone tried using agilemessenger orchat2cell in malaysia b4?
gepochai
post Dec 13 2004, 03:50 PM

Casual
303 posts

i'm a digi user. i've got a friend who was using agile with digi's gprs a few months ago and it was working then. now he is not using it anymore but when i tried to use it it on my phone doesn't connect. and i wonder what is wrong with it.
its a connection problem. the gprs connection is fine, i can surf the net no prob. can download stuff also. but when it comes to agile and c2c it just doesn't connect. i tried to alter my settings but its still the same. i was just wondering if its my phone's problem or is it just digi not allowing us to use it. cause i just wanna connect for fun. comes in handy as well.
gepochai
post Dec 16 2004, 08:52 AM

Casual
303 posts

tienhou, how u get connected to agile? can connect to all ICQ, MSN and yahoo???

cause all my settings are correct but i can't seem to connect. u using DIGI?

This post has been edited by gepochai: Dec 16 2004, 08:53 AM
gepochai
post Jan 4 2005, 05:09 PM

Casual
303 posts

how i wish i can get free Q9. too bad la.
gepochai
post Jan 5 2005, 04:38 PM

Casual
303 posts

aiyah, that one i downloaded a long time ago. cannot use also, its trial period end so fast. somemore my phone is 2nd hand, and the previous owner had installed Q9 b4. so once i install the trial ends. plus the downloaded version only allows tranditional chinese input, dunno why i can't get the simplified version even when i select it. sigh~ cry.gif

i heard that Q9 allows us to type english using the dictionary function (fast type thingy) but chinese start doesn't. is that true?? if that is the case i rather use Q9 although its interface is pretty lousy. hahaha.

This post has been edited by gepochai: Jan 5 2005, 04:40 PM
gepochai
post Jan 7 2005, 02:23 PM

Casual
303 posts

chinese OS? its pretty hard to use la cause i'm used to the english version. i did thought about changing to the chinese OS while i was in hongkong last week but then i changed my mind.

anyway, i think i got someone to send me the chinese star for s60. still waiting for it. smile.gif
gepochai
post Jan 10 2005, 09:05 AM

Casual
303 posts

OnePageMemory: i got a working splintercell which i installed without a problem. pandora tomorrow right? if u want it PM me.

regarding chinese fonts, if i upgrade my 6600 to a chinese OS, will i also be able to set the menu to english? and does it support chinese input? what input method does it use?

btw, i found a wierd way to allow ur phone to view chinese fonts without installing Q9 or chinese star. i got it from another forum. its by saving 4 font files to the c:system\font folder. it works just like any other chinese s/w cause it shrinks the menu letters and allows viewing of chinese characters, but u can't input chinese la. the problem with it is that sometimes u get difficulty deleting the 4 files by using fexplorer cause it gives an error that the files are being used. i had the same problem when i tried it and i had to format my phone to reverse the changes
gepochai
post Jan 12 2005, 11:52 AM

Casual
303 posts

has anyone tried doing symbian programming? anyone developed any s/w for symbian phones here???
gepochai
post Jan 13 2005, 08:54 AM

Casual
303 posts

hey, i just got a working chinese star verion 8.6 sis file inclusive of a font remover file. anybody wants it just mail me. its working perfectly on my phone (6600) except for some minor glitches and that i can't uninstall it. haha.

anyone knows how to delete cstar from ur phone?

This post has been edited by gepochai: Jan 13 2005, 08:59 AM
gepochai
post Jan 17 2005, 12:38 PM

Casual
303 posts

F-secure is a good antivirus program i heard

gepochai
post Jan 19 2005, 10:37 AM

Casual
303 posts

if u want a full format, u dun need to flash. just format using the "green", "*" and "3" button. what u do is u hold all 3 buttons while restarting ur phone. then it will start formatting. but u better backup all ur phone numbers and msgs if u want to. ur MMC will be left untouched.
Only do a flash when u can't format or wanna upgrade firmware. if ur phone has V5.27.0 firmware then no need upgrade la. (just press *#0000# to check)

Cstar is a good chinese read/input s/w. just install it. restart ur phone. then u'll be able to read chinese. u can choose 2 input methods, either the original T9 english input or the chinese input which u installed by selecting it from the "Su1 Ru4 Qie1 Huan4" selection in ur menu. it has a golden colored jigsaw puzzle piece as its icon.

There are antivirus s/w for symbian phones. try f-secure. if u want them but can't find it just PM me. i've used it before but seems pretty useless to me. cause as long as u dun be stupid to recieve file via bluetooth from unknown users then u should be pretty safe. but an extra layer of antivirus protection is cool too.

gepochai
post Jan 19 2005, 10:50 AM

Casual
303 posts

if u wanna play so many games, get a gameboy la. a lot of games are pretty hard to control on a 6600. especially those that require u too use ur joystick and ur keypads at the same time. some of the games requires us to do some fancy moves with our very fragile 6600 joysticks and i think its pretty bad.

i only play games that are more slow paced(RPG, pool, puzzles and etc) and allows us to ur our keypads rather than the joystick. tongue.gif
gepochai
post Jan 19 2005, 05:36 PM

Casual
303 posts

i download before la .. damn suck ok. hahahaha. some can move but no sound, some lag like shit. The ngage games are cool. but 6600's buttons are not meant for some of the games, and its pretty hard to play them on 6600.
if u r a serious gamer get ngage instead. that is if u dun mind a phone with no camera la. but for me 6600 the best choice, budget wise.
gepochai
post Jan 31 2005, 03:30 PM

Casual
303 posts

shit, my mmc card corrupted. i lost all my files~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there anyway i can retrieve them back ??
gepochai
post Feb 2 2005, 08:47 AM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(tienhou18 @ Jan 31 2005, 11:24 PM)
search for hard disk recovery tools softwares on the net, it might be able to recover your files
know of any that u would recommend?? cause i've nvr used such applications before. tongue.gif
i'll try to look around for some.
gepochai
post Mar 18 2005, 09:15 AM

Casual
303 posts

i'm not sure which is the best, but i've heard that transcend MMCs are faster than other brands. i bought a transcend 256 rs-MMC for rm140 - i think. a bit pricy compared to the others. i could have got a normal sized MMC but it just crossed my mind that i can still use the rs if i upgrade to another phone. tongue.gif

gepochai
post Mar 18 2005, 04:45 PM

Casual
303 posts

rs = reduced size
meaning its a smaller sized mmc. thats all.
most new models uses rs-mmc, but 6600 uses a normal sized mmc.
rs-mmc comes with a adapter that increases its size to fit a normal mmc slot.

gepochai
post Mar 18 2005, 04:54 PM

Casual
303 posts

no prob dude. get a rs la, its nicer cause its small and if u upgrade the phone u can still use it.
btw, always be careful when handling a memory card. dun simple touch the connectors cause if u have static on ur hand u will spoil the whole card.
gepochai
post Mar 26 2005, 08:53 AM

Casual
303 posts

u can only install an app directly to ur phone when ur phone is connected to the pc/laptop via IR or BT. if u r using a MMC card reader, i guess u'll have to copy the files into the MMC and use Fexplorer to find it and run it once u put the card back into the phone.
understand?

chinese star - http://bchan.webplanethost.com/
it even teaches u how to keep ur original 6600 fonts after installing cstar. cool~ forgot where i got it from, i think its somewhere in the forum.
gepochai
post Mar 30 2005, 10:34 AM

Casual
303 posts

use fexplorer la.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0584sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:05 PM