Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lenovo S650, Nice Budget Phone Actually

views

ck_boon
post Apr 8 2014, 04:50 PM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(nakTT @ Apr 7 2014, 07:38 PM)
Wow, I can see that U got yourself an ROW version of ROM. Lucky U.

The WiFi is so damn poor compared to my Lenovo A850. Hell, even my old Xperia do better. Make me think twice about getting the newer S660, as the hardware is basically the same as S650, apart from the bigger battery.
wat is diff of row rom?
ck_boon
post Apr 8 2014, 06:05 PM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(nakTT @ Apr 8 2014, 06:57 PM)
Viberom got some chinese character here and there even after u switch to english. ROW don't.

As for the advice that you requested. I would say if you don't mind a slightly weaker wifi (compared to A850) then by all means, go for S650, because the phone is such a great phone for its price. No other phone (that I can think of right now) can even come close.
huh? how define slightly weaker wifi ?? like connection on and off problem?
i have this problem on htc
ck_boon
post May 15 2014, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(nakTT @ May 9 2014, 01:24 AM)
Do that quick as AP warranty is just 3 months.
i though ap warranty got 24 months?
ck_boon
post Jun 3 2014, 03:05 AM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(Chrono_Yu @ Jun 2 2014, 07:53 PM)
I just bought an S650 last month, and I must say so far I'm really satisfied with it software-wise. My ONLY problem with it is the battery life, and that's what I want to ask about actually.

The initial battery life when I first bought it was 44 hours (I know, I couldn't believe it but I swear it was). Whether it was fluke, I have no idea. But the 44hours at 100% lasted for at least 2 days, before I noticed it went down to 33hours at 100%.

At this point, I started using my old Samsung phone charger because
(a) it has the same amperage and voltage as the Lenovo charger
and
(b) the Lenovo charger I got was for two-pin, which is troublesome to use

Then, I got distracted with work and studies, and now I've just realised that it's down to 16hours at 100%.

I went to the phone seller, and he told me it couldn't be because of the Samsung charger since the charger specs are all the same. He changed the battery for me with a newer one, but it's still at 16hours at 100%.

My question is, could this be because of the Samsung charger? If not, then what, firmware, software?

My more important question is, can I change my battery with the S660 battery, since it has the same size and a longer battery life, or will this spoil the phone?
i heard the sound very weak, cant hear at all
and the battery , how is it now
think of jump from miui to lenovo
ck_boon
post Jun 3 2014, 03:58 PM

Regular
1,882 posts

QUOTE(Chrono_Yu @ Jun 3 2014, 02:32 PM)
Weak sound? No, so far the sound is great. I mean, it's not dolby digital surround sound like the Lenovo S720.
But for playing music, playing movies, and playing games it sounds fine. Much better than my old Samsung phone.
Although it would be better if the speakers were in front of the phone, never had any problems with the sound.

Battery now is still 16hrs at 100%, but I've noticed that the hours don't change much when I'm not using it (before I slept it was 10hours, after I woke up it was still 10hours), so that means there shouldn't be anything wrong with the battery or endurance settings, it's just how the phone is.

Read up on replacement batteries, thinking on getting an S660 battery if it isn't too expensive. It's supposed to have TWICE the battery life than the S650. Anyone else done this before?
the 100% is a famous lenovo bug
u need to root it to clear clutch and memory

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Phones/.../1213778/page/3

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 PM