Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

which breast pump to get?

views

talexeh
post Jan 24 2014, 03:53 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

I got my wife Medela Freestyle set for RM1.8K & she was using it for office pumping. Recently there's a problem with the suction power & I got her a Spectra S1 for RM875 as backup. She has used the S1 once & she managed to empty both sides faster.

The only cons for Spectra is that it's not as user-friendly as the Freestyle since it didn't come with any clip & you'll have to use both hands to hold the suction cups or modify your nursing bra to be able to hold the cups by themselves.
talexeh
post Jan 27 2014, 02:26 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

QUOTE(catherinessc @ Jan 27 2014, 09:19 AM)
Have tried manual pump before. Ended up with sore hands. I agree that there are other factors that contributes to the production of milk.

-nutritious food
-Baby latching correctly
-plenty of waters
-No stress

For those who naturally has a lot of breast milk, I think the manual ones should be good enough.

For mummies with less supply, an auto one will be a lot of help as less tiring pumping manually.

I can get mendela free style if i want. Its just that there are some reviews by mummies overseas that the spectra is a lot more quiet and the pump perform quite well. So why not get the cheaper one if the performance is good. (Of course mendela free style is more versatile).

Hence I am researching before buying one. I find spectra is not as common as mendela free style among mummies locally.

Regardless, thanks for all opinions and suggestions given and all that coming in the future. Its good to gather experience from experinced mummies/daddies.

smile.gif
Spectra is a Korean brand hence there might be a reason why it's not marketed as aggressively as Western brand.

My colleagues who spent a number of years in the UK claimed that Spectra is very much widely used there.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:53 PM