Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

which breast pump to get?

views

TScatherinessc
post Jan 24 2014, 12:01 AM, updated 11y ago

On my way
541 posts

Hi all, I am looking to buy a good breast pump. So far I am still looking around and found that Specra S1 and mendela free style was highly recommended. Well, anyone tried any of that before? Can u share the experience with me? Also I would like to know where to get it. TIA

This post has been edited by catherinessc: Jan 25 2014, 06:15 PM
TScatherinessc
post Jan 25 2014, 06:22 PM

On my way
541 posts

The tempting part is the s1's price is half of the mendela free style...

TScatherinessc
post Jan 27 2014, 09:19 AM

On my way
541 posts

Have tried manual pump before. Ended up with sore hands. I agree that there are other factors that contributes to the production of milk.

-nutritious food
-Baby latching correctly
-plenty of waters
-No stress

For those who naturally has a lot of breast milk, I think the manual ones should be good enough.

For mummies with less supply, an auto one will be a lot of help as less tiring pumping manually.

I can get mendela free style if i want. Its just that there are some reviews by mummies overseas that the spectra is a lot more quiet and the pump perform quite well. So why not get the cheaper one if the performance is good. (Of course mendela free style is more versatile).

Hence I am researching before buying one. I find spectra is not as common as mendela free style among mummies locally.

Regardless, thanks for all opinions and suggestions given and all that coming in the future. Its good to gather experience from experinced mummies/daddies.

smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 AM