Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

211 Pages « < 160 161 162 163 164 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ford Focus Owner/ Fan Club V2, Go Further

views

Henbby
post Nov 22 2017, 12:11 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Stefan How @ Nov 19 2017, 07:24 PM)
Don't think There is much option on Mk3.5 . Unless you want to have 2 separate head unit (if you are on trend variant) . I did bought the Android head unit, but the cable on it is too loose. Waiting for supplier to reply me :/
Thanks for the reply. How about just add-on amplifier and change the speaker?
Stefan How
post Nov 22 2017, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(Henbby @ Nov 22 2017, 12:11 PM)
I have not venture into speaker yet. But I read in oversea forum they said that the speaker is soldered in or something. Removing it would certainly lost the warranty you have..
Tankisfull77489
post Nov 23 2017, 09:24 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Henbby @ Nov 22 2017, 12:11 PM)
Check this video out on youtube, this may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-uyVo1wBY&t=1298s
SportyHandling
post Nov 24 2017, 10:34 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(Stefan How @ Nov 19 2017, 07:24 PM)
Don't think There is much option on Mk3.5 . Unless you want to have 2 separate head unit (if you are on trend variant) . I did bought the Android head unit, but the cable on it is too loose. Waiting for supplier to reply me :/
If the audio system in the Mk3.5 is the same as the Mk3, personally I feel there is no need to upgrade the ICE or speakers of the car as the sound system is above average when compared to others in its class. Even the Mazda CX5 2.5 CBU from Japan which comes with "exclusive" high-end Bose sound system cannot match the sound quality of the Sony audio system of the Ford Focus, in my view and experience. The sound is cleaner with the Bose sound system but it sounds flat and sterile when compared to the fuller and 3-dimensional sound of the Sony audio system. More fun and live sound with the Sony as compared to flat and clean sound of the Bose. Also, the bass of the Bose system does not go as deep as the Sony sound system although the bass settings are set to the highest. The bass of the Sony system is much punchier than the one in the Bose.

In summary, the stock Sony sound system of the Ford Focus is high quality and better than most of not all car in its price range or higher. Of course, if one has higher standards or requirement then you can always fix or upgrade the system. Having said that, my opinion is there is no need to do so as the stock sound system of the Focus (Mk3 or 3.5) is already excellent on its own.
SportyHandling
post Nov 24 2017, 10:40 AM

Casual
419 posts

In terms of rating, I would rate the audio system of the following cars as follows:-

Ford Focus - 8/10
Mazda CX5 2.5 with Bose audio system - 7/10
Most Japanese cars - 6 to 6.5 /10
Proton Preve Turbo - 4.5/10 (the audio is switched off 99% of the time when I drive this car as it sounds better when everything is quiet, except that I can only hear the engine and road noise).
Stefan How
post Nov 24 2017, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Nov 24 2017, 10:34 AM)
If the audio system in the Mk3.5 is the same as the Mk3, personally I feel there is no need to upgrade the ICE or speakers of the car as the sound system is above average when compared to others in its class. Even the Mazda CX5 2.5 CBU from Japan which comes with "exclusive" high-end Bose sound system cannot match the sound quality of the Sony audio system of the Ford Focus, in my view and experience. The sound is cleaner with the Bose sound system but it sounds flat and sterile when compared to the fuller and 3-dimensional sound of the Sony audio system. More fun and live sound with the Sony as compared to flat and clean sound of the Bose. Also, the bass of the Bose system does not go as deep as the Sony sound system although the bass settings are set to the highest. The bass of the Sony system is much punchier than the one in the Bose.

In summary, the stock Sony sound system of the Ford Focus is high quality and better than most of not all car in its price range or higher. Of course, if one has higher standards or requirement then you can always fix or upgrade the system. Having said that, my opinion is there is no need to do so as the stock sound system of the Focus (Mk3 or 3.5) is already excellent on its own.
I am referring to mk3.5 trend variant. So it's not Sony here.
I feel Toyota Altis 07 is better than the Focus trend though.. I'm comparing stock speaker though.

As for s+, I would greatly advice you not to change to Android head unit. As it might break the parking assist feature, (the China supplier told me)
Mazda speaker isn't bad. Pretty good imo.
Well Proton is decent when engine isn't on load. But once in hw speed. Well... Ya...

SportyHandling
post Nov 24 2017, 12:18 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(Stefan How @ Nov 24 2017, 12:06 PM)
I am referring to mk3.5 trend variant. So it's not Sony here.
I feel Toyota Altis 07 is better than the Focus trend though.. I'm comparing stock speaker though.
As for s+, I would greatly advice you not to change to Android head unit. As it might break the parking assist feature, (the China supplier told me)
Mazda speaker isn't bad. Pretty good imo.
Well Proton is decent when engine isn't on load. But once in hw speed. Well... Ya...
The audio system of the low-spec Focus Mk3.5 Trend is different from the high-spec S+ and Titanium+ ? Is the audio system of the high-spec Focus Mk3.5 hatchback and sedan the same Sony system that is found in the Mk3? I didn't know the low-spec Mk3.5 Trend does not come with the Sony system. What is the brand of the audio system of the Trend MK3.5?

I can safely say that if the audio system of the high-spec Mk3.5 is the same Sony system as found in the Mk3, it is one of the best in its class. Mazda's Bose audio system is cleaner with slightly better clarity but the bass and sound stage depth are inferior to the Sony system of the Ford Focus Mk3. There is more adjustment levels with the Sony audio system whereby you have an additional "Mid" whereby you you can change the midrange of the sound. In most system you have Treble and Bass. With the Sony you have Treble, Mid and Bass. I find this additional setting to be very useful and effective in tweaking the sound of the audio system apart from the preset types of sound that are available.
SportyHandling
post Nov 24 2017, 12:29 PM

Casual
419 posts

user posted image

Yes, it does appear that the low-spec Trend does come with a different audio system after I have checked. It's a 6-speaker system. The high-spec versions come with 9-speaker system. The Focus Mk3 also come with the Sony 9-speaker system.
Stefan How
post Nov 24 2017, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Nov 24 2017, 12:18 PM)
The audio system of the low-spec Focus Mk3.5 Trend is different from the high-spec S+ and Titanium+ ? Is the audio system of the high-spec Focus Mk3.5 hatchback and sedan the same Sony system that is found in the Mk3? I didn't know the low-spec Mk3.5 Trend does not come with the Sony system. What is the brand of the audio system of the Trend MK3.5?

I can safely say that if the audio system of the high-spec Mk3.5 is the same Sony system as found in the Mk3, it is one of the best in its class. Mazda's Bose audio system is cleaner with slightly better clarity but the bass and sound stage depth are inferior to the Sony system of the Ford Focus Mk3. There is more adjustment levels with the Sony audio system whereby you have an additional "Mid" whereby you you can change the midrange of the sound. In most system you have Treble and Bass. With the Sony you have Treble, Mid and Bass. I find this additional setting to be very useful and effective in tweaking the sound of the audio system apart from the preset types of sound that are available.
Yeah, it's not sony.
Brandless. So I can't really tell you is what brand.
Also, 3.5 inch Dot Matrix is cancerous sweat.gif
Btw, which year of Mazda you are referring to? AFAIK, 2015 Mazda doesn't have the Bose system.

SportyHandling
post Nov 24 2017, 05:27 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(Stefan How @ Nov 24 2017, 01:19 PM)
Yeah, it's not sony.
Brandless. So I can't really tell you is what brand.
Also, 3.5 inch Dot Matrix is cancerous  sweat.gif 
Btw, which year of Mazda you are referring to? AFAIK, 2015 Mazda doesn't have the Bose system.
That explains it. You should try listening to the Sony audio system in the Mk3.5 high-spec.

The Mazda CX5 2.5 CBU from Japan comes with the Bose audio system. It's not year related as it is model related if I am not mistaken. For CX5 only the high-spec has the Bose. The low-spec doesn't have the Bose audio system. Not sure about the Mazda 3 but I presume the low-spec also doesn't have the Bose. Mazda 6 should come with the Bose audio system since it is so expensive(overpriced in my opinion).
Stefan How
post Nov 24 2017, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Nov 24 2017, 05:27 PM)
That explains it. You should try listening to the Sony audio system in the Mk3.5 high-spec.

The Mazda CX5 2.5 CBU from Japan comes with the Bose audio system. It's not year related as it is model related if I am not mistaken. For CX5 only the high-spec has the Bose. The low-spec doesn't have the Bose audio system. Not sure about the Mazda 3 but I presume the low-spec also doesn't have the Bose. Mazda 6 should come with the Bose audio system since it is so expensive(overpriced in my opinion).
Ahh, CBU. The one I mention is CKD. 2.0 2 wheel drive variant, full spec. Not really sure about the brand of the speaker.

Henbby
post Nov 25 2017, 11:46 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Nov 24 2017, 12:18 PM)

Yes agreed with you it sound better (at least better than current new Camry) and also one of the best in its class but I still feel the sound stage is not depth enough although you can tune the mid. As for my case, I just don't want to waste my amp, pre-amp and component speaker taken out from my previous car which cost for quite some bugs$$$. If too complicated to fix the then amp and speaker, just forget about it...

ahmeduk88
post Nov 27 2017, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
162 posts

Owh well. My FoFo broken down when i was travellinh up from pengerang to KL. And now its under repairs.

Still love the car though. Considering of trading in and getting another car. And the mk3.5 is in my list also.

Sad now. huhu.

But am i bitten by the Ford bug??? The turbo, the new gearbox.

I went to test the mazda 3 but i miss my FoFo

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
uglykidjt
post Nov 27 2017, 04:40 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ahmeduk88 @ Nov 27 2017, 01:25 PM)
Owh well. My FoFo broken down when i was travellinh up from pengerang to KL. And now its under repairs.

Still love the car though. Considering of trading in and getting another car. And the mk3.5 is in my list also.

Sad now. huhu.

Civic 1.5T
-ahtiang-
post Nov 27 2017, 07:06 PM

Casual
435 posts

What's the issue with your Focus? blink.gif

I am keen to look at the new Renault Megane GT (1.6L turbo, 205 PS hot hatch)

QUOTE(ahmeduk88 @ Nov 27 2017, 01:25 PM)

Sad now. huhu.

This post has been edited by -ahtiang-: Nov 27 2017, 07:14 PM
Dwango
post Nov 28 2017, 08:59 AM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(-ahtiang- @ Nov 27 2017, 07:06 PM)
What's the issue with your Focus?  blink.gif

I am keen to look at the new Renault Megane GT (1.6L turbo, 205 PS hot hatch)
Wow, big upgrade there to consider the new Renault Megane GT. I just googled on this model a bit and AutoCar UK did a review by comparing this new Megane GT to the VW Golf GTI and brows.gif Ford Focus, though not the plain Mk3.5 but the ST version. Link to the review is as below.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...atch-group-test

This Megane GT is more towards racing as opposed to the more balanced and all-rounder Focus Mk3.5 which is a family car which is also suited for spirited drives. The front seats are the racing type of seats if you look at the shape. The sides of the seat are protruded out from the bottom of the seat right to the top.

From the review, the Megane GT seems to lose to the Ford Focus ST not only in terms of handling but ergonomics. The seating and driving position was said to be not so comfortable when compared to the other two cars. Perhaps you test the car to form your own conclusion if you are interested. Though I don't think the car will be cheap, maybe between RM150k to 200k which will be quite a bit costlier than the current Focus Mk3.5.

The Megane GT will be slightly niche since it's more toward performance/racing rather than a more family-orientated car like the Ford Focus which will have a wider appeal due to the practicality for everyday use, apart from the higher price and other factors like 2nd hand value or maintenance etc. It's just like the Focus ST whereby it won't get much reception mainly due to the higher price apart from the type of crowd that it caters to.
uglykidjt
post Nov 28 2017, 01:08 PM

0 posts

Got went to molest the Megane GT at the MAEPS Motor Show few weeks ago...

Sitting position is really uncomfortable...rear seat and space also uncomfortable...

The paddle shifter press feeling is the worst I ever press...much worse than the Focus one...

And outlook...damn ugly...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by uglykidjt: Nov 28 2017, 01:11 PM
SportyHandling
post Nov 28 2017, 03:38 PM

Casual
419 posts

The Megane GT interior looks worse(a bit cheap) than the Ford Focus Mk3.5 which looks much classier. As for comfort, most of the sports cars designed for racing are usually uncomfortable, usually the seating position and the leg or arm position are a bit awkward when compared to more family-orientated cars like the Ford Focus.

The shape of the car is too sporty for my taste, just like the Volkswagen Golf GTI. The Focus looks a lot better to me, and likely much better value too with a lower price.
Stefan How
post Nov 28 2017, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

Somehow i find the interior looks very Volvo like (S40, Post 2010) sweat.gif
Pegasus88
post Nov 30 2017, 11:30 AM

Enthusiast
725 posts

Where can I buy parts for 2005 ford focus ghia 1.8 ?

the drive shaft cost like a bomb..

211 Pages « < 160 161 162 163 164 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0292sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 AM