Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Going to try IVF

views

megane5439
post Jul 1 2014, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(gladfly @ Jul 1 2014, 06:55 PM)
Not an problem..as I was also blur when I did it with my wife. Its good to share such info around. Hope 1 day maybe you can help someone also.

Yes, the package is for 1 cycle only. 1 cycle means all your eggs used up. If you fail that's it. I don't know if extra charges incurred if you try more than 1 time implant. My case .. first cycle we only had 1 implant due to the fact we had 2 good eggs nia. Second cycle, we were successful at the first try. I know the subsequent implant will be charged at about 4k each time for the eggs kept frozen.

There will be a token discount if you decide to try again if 1st cycle fails.(duno if Halena practice it..but Prashant did).

As for experience, I can give a hubby view nia. Initially Wife did say the injections are quite painful. The trick is to make sure the syringe is at 90', straight in lo. There will be some side effect like bloating and so on, so bear with it. Remember to take it at same time lo..the nurses at KLMC is very friendly and able to guide you guys on how to take injections. You will go back to KLMC for checks and see the progress, where they will ultra scan you to see how many eggs are there. Once 14 days over, you will go to downstairs to do the extraction. There will be a room, and hubby is required to donate his sperm also that day....you will be anesthetized. and egg extraction takes about 1 hour nia. After that, rest abit and balik. They will ask you if you want to transfer fresh or later. If later, they will calculate the next fertile date and ask you come back lo.

It actually a quick process as it went by quickly for me. Don't worry too much, you are in great hands...I have great faith in KLFC people. The queue may be abit long, but overall the people there are great. Most importantly, don't worry too much..and don't put too much pressure on yourself. When our 1st cycle failed, my wife was devastated, but like I said and I believe miracles comes in its own way.

Feel free to ask anymore questions ya...
Hi, which mean on your second circle you all success is using fresh embryo or frozen embryo? If can success in using fresh embryo is consider very good liao lo ... tongue.gif Normally % on fresh embryo is very low...I heard fresh embryo mostly cannot success due certain reason like hormone medicine effect our body or else is women health problem. I also worry i cannot produce more good egg...if can produce more good egg i got nothing to worry liao..hehe. Cos can keep freezing and come back do after 1 or 2 month.
Yes, i got faith with our 1st try this coming week. Feeling nervous but still ok can handle it thanks. smile.gif

Can i check with you, on your 1st circle failed did Dr Prashant explain to you what is the reason?
Nitrous
post Jul 9 2014, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(megane5439 @ Jul 1 2014, 10:21 PM)
Hi, which mean on your second circle you all success is using fresh embryo or frozen embryo? If can success in using fresh embryo is consider very good liao lo ... tongue.gif Normally % on fresh embryo is very low...I heard fresh embryo mostly cannot success due certain reason like hormone medicine effect our body or else is women health problem. I also worry i cannot produce more good egg...if can produce more good egg i got nothing to worry liao..hehe. Cos can keep freezing and come back do after 1 or 2 month.
Yes, i got faith with our 1st try this coming week. Feeling nervous but still ok can handle it thanks. smile.gif

Can i check with you, on your 1st circle failed did Dr Prashant explain to you what is the reason?
It is not easy to pinpoint the reason for failure, for my wife and myself, Dr Helena thinks that the eggs transferred did not implant due to very low marker count in bloodtest (this was a fresh ET cycle). We are going for a frozen ET cycle in Aug, but since our eggs are frozen on day 3, we plan to thaw it and let it grow to day 5 blastocyst before transferring. No idea if that will be successful or not, but I guess our age is catching up hence chances are diminishing for us. Remember that there are a lot of factors in getting positive results, not just a frozen cycle transfer, but I am confident Dr Helena will take care of you very well based on our experience.
Good luck!
megane5439
post Jul 10 2014, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

[quote=Nitrous,Jul 9 2014, 03:23 PM]
It is not easy to pinpoint the reason for failure, for my wife and myself, Dr Helena thinks that the eggs transferred did not implant due to very low marker count in bloodtest (this was a fresh ET cycle). We are going for a frozen ET cycle in Aug, but since our eggs are frozen on day 3, we plan to thaw it and let it grow to day 5 blastocyst before transferring. No idea if that will be successful or not, but I guess our age is catching up hence chances are diminishing for us. Remember that there are a lot of factors in getting positive results, not just a frozen cycle transfer, but I am confident Dr Helena will take care of you very well based on our experience.
Good luck!

[/quoS

I will start my injection either this Sat or next Monday. Confusing as my period 1st day is complicated as Dr Helena give me 4 day Gynera pill now period are so stable but i think we manage to get there. So excited hope every go smoothly.

May i know Blastocyst charging extra how much? Any reason why some people need blastocyst? Thanks
Nitrous
post Jul 10 2014, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(megane5439 @ Jul 10 2014, 01:23 PM)
I will start my injection either this Sat or next Monday.  Confusing as my period 1st day is complicated as Dr Helena give me 4 day Gynera pill now period are so stable but i think we manage to get there. So excited hope every go smoothly.

May i know Blastocyst charging extra how much? Any reason why some people need blastocyst? Thanks
Blastocyst is actually a 5-day old fertilized egg, where the embryo forms a ball and the ball is almost ready for implant (hatching), in which the inner mass will become the foetus. We have had failures (twice) for 3-day old embryos, hence we would like to go for blastocyst transfer instead this round, as the embryos would have grown significantly with that additional 2 days (and hopefully more robust) and is almost ready for implantation.
The drawback, is that a lot of fertilized embryos do not survive past the 3-days mark in the lab and become a blastocyst. At the end of the day, the lab's petri dish is never a match to a women's uterus, and the women's body is vastly superior compared to the lab's test tubes, thus chances of the embryo surviving inside the body is much higher than on a petri dish.
I do not know how much extra would a blastocyst transfer cost, we will know when we start our ET. biggrin.gif As for yourself, my suggestion to you is to listen to Dr Helena, and seek her advise on your ET preference, as each case is different and she will definitely want the best for you.
Hope this helps...
megane5439
post Jul 10 2014, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Jul 10 2014, 06:54 PM)
Blastocyst is actually a 5-day old fertilized egg, where the embryo forms a ball and the ball is almost ready for implant (hatching), in which the inner mass will become the foetus. We have had failures (twice) for 3-day old embryos, hence we would like to go for blastocyst transfer instead this round, as the embryos would have grown significantly with that additional 2 days (and hopefully more robust) and is almost ready for implantation.
The drawback, is that a lot of fertilized embryos do not survive past the 3-days mark in the lab and become a blastocyst. At the end of the day, the lab's petri dish is never a match to a women's uterus, and the women's body is vastly superior compared to the lab's test tubes, thus chances of the embryo surviving inside the body is much higher than on a petri dish.
I do not know how much extra would a blastocyst transfer cost, we will know when we start our ET.  biggrin.gif As for yourself, my suggestion to you is to listen to Dr Helena, and seek her advise on your ET preference, as each case is different and she will definitely want the best for you.
Hope this helps...
Sure. I will follow what Dr Helena said but this circle my IVF slightly different as normal IVF. She found out i got Corpus Leteum cyst so she give me on Gynera for 4 days then stop for 5 day and return for 1st injection on next Monday. I was surprise how she can know my period on Monday is day 2 or day 3. The problem is the Gynera make my period not stable so still don't know shall i back to take my 1st injection on this Sat or coming Monday. As i know 1st injection should done on my day 2 period. SO this circle i will try to follow what she said. Really hope our ivf can success. If can hope my folicle can grow according to the size atleast we can freezing the extra embryo.

Wish both of us good luck then. Wish to hear good news from you soon. cheers
scubamy
post Jul 11 2014, 06:20 PM

39 posts

Dear all daddy & mummy,

For those who successfully get a baby with ivf please advice.
My wife had ET with 3 embryo 13 days ago. we ask to come back for luteal support every 4 days cost RM320/visit which include

1. Cyclogest pessary: one pessary (400mg), twice daily
2. Crinone vaginal gel: one gel (90mg) daily
3. Utrogestan vaginal capsule: two capsules (100mg), three times daily
4. Pregnyl injection: 5000 iu every four days
5. Proluton injection: one ampous (250mg) every four days

2nd visit with urine & blood test and result is positive
3rd visit also same with positive result.Today we been told to come back every 4 days for the next 12 weeks. Mean RM320 x 21 = RM 6,720

Do we really need this kind of treatment?? after spending about RM16K for the IVF and some more need to go hospital every 4days... This was too tiring and expensive..

Please advice rclxub.gif sweat.gif
megane5439
post Jul 11 2014, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(scubamy @ Jul 11 2014, 07:20 PM)
Dear all daddy & mummy,

My wife had ET with 3 embryo 13 days ago. we ask to come back for luteal support every 4 days cost RM320/visit which include

3rd visit also same with positive result.Today we been told to come back every 4 days for the next 12 weeks. Mean RM320 x 21 = RM 6,720

Do we really need this kind of treatment?? after spending about RM16K for the IVF and some more need to go hospital every 4days... This was too tiring and expensive..

Please advice rclxub.gif  sweat.gif
Hi, which center you done your IVF treatment? Kl Fertility also? IF can afford try go ahead with the plan but cant afford since ur pregnancy test is positive i think u need more is Progesterone. this is base as what i know.

Thanks
scubamy
post Jul 12 2014, 11:04 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(megane5439 @ Jul 11 2014, 11:00 PM)
Hi, which center you done your IVF treatment? Kl Fertility also? IF can afford try go ahead with the plan but cant afford since ur pregnancy test is positive i think u need more is Progesterone. this is base as what i know.

Thanks
i'm with Metro IVF Dr.Tee. For those for gone tru IVF did you really have this luteal support? Before we sign up the IVF consultant told us after ET we have to come back 3 times for the luteal support but now they told us need to come back for another 12 weeks?! I was like rclxub.gif rclxub.gif maybe because of the roller coaster emotion and tiring to come back every 4 days..
megane5439
post Jul 12 2014, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(scubamy @ Jul 12 2014, 12:04 PM)
i'm with Metro IVF Dr.Tee. For those for gone tru IVF did you really have this luteal support? Before we sign up the IVF consultant told us after ET we have to come back 3 times for the luteal support but now they  told us need to come back for another 12 weeks?! I was like  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  maybe because of the roller coaster emotion and tiring to come back every  4 days..
I not sure about this, but Dr Tee is a good doctor i am he got his reason why ask you to come in so many day.

Actually, i just started my 1st injection with 200iu Puregon and 75iu Humog. Feelin nervous but wish my dream come true soon. Can give me advise what injection Dr Tee provided you during ur ivf treatment? You successful using Fresh Embryo Transfer?

Wish u all the best, happy for u.
michellewcm
post Jul 13 2014, 12:10 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(scubamy @ Jul 11 2014, 06:20 PM)
Dear all daddy & mummy,

Please advice rclxub.gif  sweat.gif
Hi Scubamy

I'm also one of Dr Tee patients,that's a lot of support med you got there.
I was only prescribed utrogestan pessary 100mgx3 and progynovax2 daily & proluton injections every 4days but still cost me Rm320 each visits.
He will gradually stop the meds during the first trimester.The oral and pessary will stop at 9 weeks and injections may continue until you complete first trimester.mine was completely stopped at 11weeks...
I guess your ultimate goal is to have a baby so a lil sacrifice during these 3mths is bearable right?Better be safe than sorry.

Cheers and good luck.

This post has been edited by michellewcm: Jul 13 2014, 12:12 PM
megane5439
post Jul 13 2014, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(michellewcm @ Jul 13 2014, 01:10 PM)
Hi Scubamy

I'm also one of Dr Tee patients,that's a lot of support med you got there.
I was only prescribed utrogestan pessary 100mgx3 and progynovax2 daily & proluton injections every 4days but still cost me Rm320 each visits.
He will gradually stop the meds during the first trimester.The oral and pessary will stop at 9 weeks and injections may continue until you complete first trimester.mine was completely stopped at 11weeks...
I guess your ultimate goal is to have a baby so a lil sacrifice during these 3mths is bearable right?Better be safe than sorry.

Cheers and good luck.
Good and happy to hear all of you all are success in IVF .. i also wish i can be like you all smile.gif
Congrats both of u ... cheers
biofuel
post Jul 22 2014, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

got a close friend to my wife who did this not long ago. if i'm not mistaken they did it Penang coz the cost is cheaper compared to KL. it cost them around 12k-18k if im not mistaken.

the baby is now 8 months old and healthier than ever. will ask them bout the info and will share it here to you guys smile.gif
megane5439
post Jul 22 2014, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(biofuel @ Jul 22 2014, 12:43 PM)
got a close friend to my wife who did this not long ago. if i'm not mistaken they did it Penang coz the cost is cheaper compared to KL. it cost them around 12k-18k if im not mistaken.

the baby is now 8 months old and healthier than ever. will ask them bout the info and will share it here to you guys smile.gif
If i not mistaken the doctor is call Dr Ng in Lam Wah Ee...i heard he quite famous in Penang. Some are pregnant under him on 1st IVF fresh embryo transfer.

ncl1511
post Jul 23 2014, 08:25 PM

6 posts

Hi all,

For those who wanted to go for IVF at lower cost, you can go look for Dr. Tham at Ipoh GH. He is a very experience doctor in this field. And the cost is a lot lower than private hospital. If you want more details, you can pm me.
bbdustsick
post Jul 28 2014, 01:19 PM

1 posts

Hi, I'm considering to do IVF since I have been TTC for 5yrs and I'm now 35yrs old with ovarian endometriosis and blocked left fallopian tube. However, I'm concerned of a bb's health conceived via IVF. Heard that cleft is a common defect in IVF bbs. Is that true? Read plenty of forums on IVF but none mentioned on risks / birth defects associated with IVF, apart from the emotional roller coasters.

Any advice anyone? Thanks!
megane5439
post Jul 30 2014, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(bbdustsick @ Jul 28 2014, 02:19 PM)
Hi, I'm considering to do IVF since I have been TTC for 5yrs and I'm now 35yrs old with ovarian endometriosis and blocked left fallopian tube. However, I'm concerned of a bb's health conceived via IVF. Heard that cleft is a common defect in IVF bbs. Is that true? Read plenty of forums on IVF but none mentioned on risks / birth defects associated with IVF, apart from the emotional roller coasters.

Not sure about this. But as i know when come to a couple unable to conceived naturally IVF is the only way to help a couple. If really got so many risky undergo IVF but u see all the center are full of people who going through ivf.

If u decide what u shud do just dun think too much. This is my advice.
megane5439
post Jul 31 2014, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(bbdustsick @ Jul 28 2014, 02:19 PM)

God will show us the way. If ur heart already decided to go through IVF just dun think too much will make u more stress. Hope this help.
megane5439
post Aug 6 2014, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

I just failed my fresh IVF cycle. So sad ....
wongck
post Aug 6 2014, 09:13 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

QUOTE(megane5439 @ Aug 6 2014, 01:50 PM)
I just failed my fresh IVF cycle. So sad ....
I know how u feel, my wife went thru it b4. she was so hurt deep inside but never tell anyone about her feeling including me. Just take care...

Anyway, my wife is going to deliver next week rclxm9.gif How?

You might not believe it or people will say bullshit but somehow it works for me and my wife.

A friend of friend told to eat Durian..musang king. Eat for 1 week then can start to get intimate during the ovulation time.
megane5439
post Aug 6 2014, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(wongck @ Aug 6 2014, 10:13 PM)
I know how u feel, my wife went thru it b4. she was so hurt deep inside but never tell anyone about her feeling including me. Just take care...

Anyway, my wife is going to deliver next week  rclxm9.gif  How?

You might not believe it or people will say bullshit but somehow it works for me and my wife.

A friend of friend told to eat Durian..musang king. Eat for 1 week then can start to get intimate during the ovulation time.
Wow...congrats. You all conceived naturally?
You all done IVF before also? Is it true frozen embryo transfer success rate higher than fresh embryo?

22 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0258sec    0.80    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:27 PM