22 Pages < 1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Going to try IVF

views

athur
post Jan 25 2014, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

andy low at glen e kl, have a quite high success rate, but the price is a bit expensive
kent_lau7
post Jan 25 2014, 08:38 AM

Enthusiast
767 posts

You need to take care of your diet, both of you.
Eat more vegetable, less meat.

Sleep enough, drink less coffee.

You and your wife health must be good first.
Choongster
post Feb 7 2014, 04:19 PM

Banned From Lowyat.net
1,598 posts

QUOTE(waters @ Jan 21 2014, 04:32 PM)
Hi all,

My wife and I have been TTC for about 4 years. No luck. Early last year we went to TMC, tried IUI 3 times, all failed. Dr. Menon then recommended IVF. However, he left TMC at the end of 2013, so we're in a dilemma about where to go next.

I'm looking at SunFert, Metro IVF, Alpha and Sime Darby Subang (old SJMC).

Anyone have any info on any one of the above hospitals and their success rates.

Thanking you in advance!

Rgds,
best ivf doctor in TMC is Dr. Surinder..
he alone is responsible of 50% revenue of TMC IVf centre..

however .. with that reputation , it gets busy when u r trying to see him smile.gif

gladfly
post Feb 10 2014, 03:18 PM

On my way
579 posts

QUOTE(waters @ Jan 21 2014, 03:32 PM)
Hi all,

My wife and I have been TTC for about 4 years. No luck. Early last year we went to TMC, tried IUI 3 times, all failed. Dr. Menon then recommended IVF. However, he left TMC at the end of 2013, so we're in a dilemma about where to go next.

Thanking you in advance!

Rgds,
Hi sorry just saw your post..and I just dropped into the section looking for some tips and saw your thread

You could try Dato' Dr Prashant Nadkarni of KL fertility (In collaboration with Monash IVF). Me and my wife were successful under his care..

SUSUpCar
post Feb 10 2014, 05:25 PM

Regular
1,612 posts

yup. my recommendation also goes to dato dr prashant of Kl fertility.

http://www.klfertility.com/dato-dr-prashant-nadkarni/

though he comes at a steep price.
TSwaters
post Feb 11 2014, 07:10 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

Wow! Thanks for all the help people. We'll be starting our journey soon. Now trying to keep our spirits up, staying positive before we embark.

I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks again!
Gary1981
post Feb 11 2014, 11:46 PM

Regular
1,610 posts

So u decided which to go?

And is it normally ivf process comes with twins? Is there gender selection through ivf?..
abcde90
post Feb 14 2014, 08:06 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

TTC is a stressful period. Both u n ur spouse need to Chillax n always think positive.

All the best to you.
lhj_131
post Feb 19 2014, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi you can consider Sunfert, Dr Wong. My Husband & I started seeing Dr Wong on Nov 2011 and we are gifted a pair of twins on Sept 2012. smile.gif

QUOTE(waters @ Jan 21 2014, 03:32 PM)
Hi all,

Thanking you in advance!

Rgds,
Nitrous
post Feb 21 2014, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

Just sharing some experience, my wife and I did went for 2 rounds of IVF procedure, and still doing it now...
Round 1 : IVF at Sunfert under Dr Wong. Unsuccessful even with 3 Grade A embryos. Still have one frozen embryo there but wife decides not to go back there until we seek second opinion.
Round 2 : Now under Dr Helena Lim at KL Fertility and Dr Yuan at Xi Fertility (they work together). Dr Helena is very nice, and knows that there are much more than just blocked tubes in my wife's case, and together with Dr Yuan, prep my wife and me before even starting the IVF, ensuring the best chances of success (Dr Helena always say, "You must do your "homework" before starting IVF ya...") nod.gif . It took us 3 months to prep for it... and we are starting the IVF injections whenever my wife's second day arrives (anytime now).

Good luck in your journey TS. You can ping me if you want to know more about the whole process.

This post has been edited by Nitrous: Feb 21 2014, 03:35 PM
Angie123
post Mar 22 2014, 12:59 AM

2 posts

Hi u can go for metro ivf as it is much more convenient for working couple as it open at night from 6 pm to 9 pm on mon to fri except Thursday . Dr tee and nurses are very friendly .
duhdude
post Mar 23 2014, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Feb 21 2014, 03:33 PM)
Just sharing some experience, my wife and I did went for 2 rounds of IVF procedure, and still doing it now...
Round 1 : IVF at Sunfert under Dr Wong. Unsuccessful even with 3 Grade A embryos. Still have one frozen embryo there but wife decides not to go back there until we seek second opinion.
Round 2 : Now under Dr Helena Lim at KL Fertility and Dr Yuan at Xi Fertility (they work together). Dr Helena is very nice, and knows that there are much more than just blocked tubes in my wife's case, and together with Dr Yuan, prep my wife and me before even starting the IVF, ensuring the best chances of success (Dr Helena always say, "You must do your "homework" before starting IVF ya...")  nod.gif . It took us 3 months to prep for it... and we are starting the IVF injections whenever my wife's second day arrives (anytime now).

Good luck in your journey TS. You can ping me if you want to know more about the whole process.
Dr helena is very nice gynae. I succeeded conceived and delivered healthy baby girl under her guidance.
Nitrous
post Mar 24 2014, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(duhdude @ Mar 23 2014, 05:30 PM)
Dr helena is very nice gynae. I succeeded conceived and delivered healthy baby girl under her guidance.
Err... you successfully conceived and delivered? But your ID shows that you are a dude.... biggrin.gif

Anyway, just a FYI that our fresh cycle ET (embryo transplant) was not successful at KL Fertility this round, results came back negative. Guess we will try again, since we have 5 embryos frozen at KL Fertility.
Got 3 more chances to get it right, so hopefully it will turn out better next round. However, with that said, the overall experience at KL Fertility was excellent, Dr Helena is very attentive and caring to my wife, so my wife is happy to continue her frozen cycle at KL Fertility when the time has come...
duhdude
post Mar 26 2014, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Mar 24 2014, 02:05 PM)
Err... you successfully conceived and delivered? But your ID shows that you are a dude....  biggrin.gif

Anyway, just a FYI that our fresh cycle ET (embryo transplant) was not successful at KL Fertility this round, results came back negative. Guess we will try again, since we have 5 embryos frozen at KL Fertility.
Got 3 more chances to get it right, so hopefully it will turn out better next round. However, with that said, the overall experience at KL Fertility was excellent, Dr Helena is very attentive and caring to my wife, so my wife is happy to continue her frozen cycle at KL Fertility when the time has come...
I used my husband account. So sorry to heard this bad news. My first round also failed, I succeed at second time (FET). FET sucess rate better than fresh because is natural cycle, no hormone injection etc. Dr Helena is my gynae till delivered because she is such lovely and caring gynae although her charge is not cheap.
RJideas
post Mar 26 2014, 09:45 PM

1 posts

Hi.. I am married and trying, struggling to conceive for the past 7 years. Now i am crossing 38 years. Have tried many options abroad, but could not get success. i am planning to move to india for the treatment since the treatment is good and also the success rates are high and most importantly the rates are also minimal compared to us, uk and other countries. so, one of my friends is in Chennai, a place in india. looking for the best centre for ivf in chennai. friends pls give me the best suggestions.
TSwaters
post Mar 28 2014, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(abcde90 @ Feb 14 2014, 08:06 AM)
TTC is a stressful period. Both u n ur spouse need to Chillax n always think positive.

All the best to you.
QUOTE(lhj_131 @ Feb 19 2014, 02:37 PM)
Hi you can consider Sunfert, Dr Wong. My Husband & I started seeing Dr Wong on Nov 2011 and we are gifted a pair of twins on Sept 2012.  smile.gif
QUOTE(Nitrous @ Feb 21 2014, 03:33 PM)
Round 2 : Now under Dr Helena Lim at KL Fertility and Dr Yuan at Xi Fertility (they work together). Dr Helena is very nice, and knows that there are much more than just blocked tubes in my wife's case, and together with Dr Yuan, prep my wife and me before even starting the IVF, ensuring the best chances of success (Dr Helena always say, "You must do your "homework" before starting IVF ya...")  nod.gif . It took us 3 months to prep for it... and we are starting the IVF injections whenever my wife's second day arrives (anytime now).

QUOTE(Angie123 @ Mar 22 2014, 12:59 AM)
Hi u can go for metro ivf as it is much more convenient for working couple as it open at night from 6 pm to 9 pm on mon to fri except Thursday . Dr tee and nurses are very friendly .
QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Mar 27 2014, 12:33 PM)
Glen Eagle and klfertility is good.

but dont expect it to be affordable.
Hi all,

Thank you for the replies. Appreciate every single one.

After a few months of thinking, preparing...I think my wife and I are finally ready. We are most likely going to go with Alpha Fertility Centre at Kota Damansara. We felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Leong and we feel that this is the right choice for us. If all goes well, our appointment to start would be mid-April.

Nonetheless, all options mentioned here are excellent choices and I feel anyone TTC should explore all avenues given.

This is going to be our first IVF, I'm 36 and my wife is 31. The doctors were very confident with our chances as the problem is with me cry.gif , not my wife. She checked out A-OK. However, we are more tapered with our expectations and keeping in mind this is going to cost a fair bit of money, approx 18-22k, I'm cautiously hopeful.

I'll probably be PM'ing some of you over the next few weeks before we start, if we have any questions, if you don't mind.

Some general questions, (Sorry if it sounds too direct, just that I need some info)

1. How old was your better half when doing your first IVF?
2. How much did it cost you?
3. How did you manage the emotional roller-coaster during the month?
4. Did you inform your immediate families of your decision? How were their responses? - I've spoken to some of my family members earlier on, they were unable to accept the fact that we couldn't conceive naturally, their answers were "Just take a holiday", "Need to reduce your stress", "It only takes one", "don't worry, it'll happen". But now they seem to be coming along very slowly. Took awhile and a lot of heated conversations, though.
5. (Sorry if this question is painful) -> If you were not successful on your first try, did the doctor try to explain why?

Thanks again and good luck to all of you on your journey!!!

Nitrous
post Mar 29 2014, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(waters @ Mar 28 2014, 02:15 PM)
Hi all,

Thank you for the replies. Appreciate every single one.

After a few months of thinking, preparing...I think my wife and I are finally ready. We are most likely going to go with Alpha Fertility Centre at Kota Damansara. We felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Leong and we feel that this is the right choice for us. If all goes well, our appointment to start would be mid-April.

Nonetheless, all options mentioned here are excellent choices and I feel anyone TTC should explore all avenues given.

This is going to be our first IVF, I'm 36 and my wife is 31. The doctors were very confident with our chances as the problem is with me  cry.gif , not my wife. She checked out A-OK. However, we are more tapered with our expectations and keeping in mind this is going to cost a fair bit of money, approx 18-22k, I'm cautiously hopeful.

I'll probably be PM'ing some of you over the next few weeks before we start, if we have any questions, if you don't mind.

Some general questions, (Sorry if it sounds too direct, just that I need some info)

1. How old was your better half when doing your first IVF?
2. How much did it cost you?
3. How did you manage the emotional roller-coaster during the month?
4. Did you inform your immediate families of your decision? How were their responses? - I've spoken to some of my family members earlier on, they were unable to accept the fact that we couldn't conceive naturally, their answers were "Just take a holiday", "Need to reduce your stress", "It only takes one", "don't worry, it'll happen". But now they seem to be coming along very slowly. Took awhile and a lot of heated conversations, though.
5. (Sorry if this question is painful) -> If you were not successful on your first try, did the doctor try to explain why?

Thanks again and good luck to all of you on your journey!!!
1. First IVF, I was 35 and she was 34. Just a FYI, the reason why we went for IVF was because wife had both her fallopian tubes blocked, hence no other method besides IVF to get pregnant. But as noted earlier, we have gone through 2 failed rounds, hence we are thinking there are more than meets the eye (literally).
2. Round 1 : Sunfert around 30k-ish, including freezing of remaining embryo and a day-care surgery to remove some polyps.
Round 2 : KL Fertility and Xi TCM Fertility Center (they work together, one Western medicine and one Chinese medicine), 25k-ish and adding up, excluding upcoming FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) to transfer the remaining frozen embryo at a later date.
Total to date (more to come) : 55k with some spare change to pump petrol and parking, so be prepared...
3. So far my wife has been good throughout the IVF process. Not all women gets hot flashes. She did shed a tear though, when the pregnancy test results came about... so be strong, and encourage her. Speak to those who have gone through the experience, that would help a lot sometimes...
4. No. A few reason to keep it a secret :
4.1 They do not understand the process and what is going on, and will probably insult you for going through that process ("Why do u spend do much on it? Just go for a break la! Don't work so hard." or "SEE! Told you to marry the other women")
4.2 Without realizing themselves, they are actually a burden and a source of stress to your wife during the process. You and your wife needs a quiet time to go through this peacefully, not yapping or nitpicking aunts and mothers... Imagine if the IVF process fails, you'd need to answer to them too, in which the answer probably be "I don't know".
4.3 Further repercussion later on when the baby is born. I know coz I have cousins conceived via IVF, and they nicknamed her the "million-dollar baby". That is something that your kid had to go through unfortunately if they were to know.
5. Don't expect any answers from them. With 2 failed rounds, both doctors are unable to fully diagnose why it has failed (refer to 4.2 as well), although KL Fertility was better managing our expectations by helping us analyze where they think has gone wrong (and next steps to overcome them). There are still powers-to-be which controls human's destiny, and it does not come from the doctor's room or the operating table.

Good luck in your journey.. and all the best to both of you
abcde90
post Mar 30 2014, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

For couples who are still trying to conceive Keep ur chin up.

And may all of you be blessed with beautiful and healthy babies.

megane5439
post Mar 31 2014, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Nitrous @ Mar 24 2014, 03:05 PM)
Err... you successfully conceived and delivered? But your ID shows that you are a dude....  biggrin.gif

Hi, me and my husband planning to do our IVF with Dr Helena also. I also hope she can really help us on this. My problem is my two fallopian is block too. So seem alot of people here are said Dr Helena is good. So i hope i really choose a correct doctor n fertility center then. Any idea how to prepare our self before proceed to IVF?

Now i really worried my 1st ivf will fail as financial are tied after this. Good to hear that some of you are success in IVF. Happy to hear that.

Thanks
megane5439
post Mar 31 2014, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(duhdude @ Mar 26 2014, 06:50 PM)
I used my husband account. So sorry to heard this bad news. My first round also failed, I succeed at second time (FET). FET sucess rate better than fresh because is natural cycle, no hormone injection etc. Dr Helena is my gynae till delivered because she is such lovely and caring gynae although her charge is not cheap.
Hi, any idea how much the cost for IVF at KL Fertility under Dr Helena? I afraid can't get a good quality. If you got an extra good egg frozen atleast the 2nd time IVF wont cost you about 15k right?

Thanks

22 Pages < 1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:58 AM