Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cukai Pintu Explained, Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue in KL Financial

views

toh2020
post Jan 6 2014, 05:48 PM

Casual
493 posts

MyKLTalks, why your are here. is it because during year end gathering at dataran merdeka. your dato bandar gets the BIG BOO from the audience.

city hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. we as rakyat spents TOO MUCH pay for tolls in federal territory alone lols..

how can you say road maintainance is expensive. whereby most of federal roads are handed over to toll concessionaries. when they easily enjoy collecting $$$ from rakyat. whereby it's should be their role and responsibilities to help DBKL upkeep the roads. rather than roads to their toll plaza(s).
toh2020
post Jan 6 2014, 11:25 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 05:51 PM)
Actually, DBKL maintains 2,010km of roads in KL and they constantly build new ones.

The roads you are referring to are expressways and highways. Tolls, highways and expressways are another matter, handled by other entities.
lets put aside highway and expressways.. look at cheras toll, jln Ipoh toll and jln Pahang toll. it had been decades we are paying travelling here from. what difference is that except road widening mar.
toh2020
post Jan 6 2014, 11:42 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 11:28 PM)
Actually, the cost to handle garbage for 2013 was RM199.7 million. And that is not the only operating cost for City Hall. There are rivers, drainage, hawker centers, sports halls, recreational courts, 19 public parks and over 70,000 public housing units, to name a few under City Hall's care.

KL has 2,010km worth of roads. We do not have the stats for Cyberjaya, but it is expected to be less.

Yes, there has been an increase in income from the past 21 years due to the increasing number of property units. However, this also means there is an increasing number of people in KL.

In fact, officially, KL now has 1.6 million residents which makes up a total 2.2 million working here every day.

This high number of people puts a strain on the city's facilities and amenities. Thus, maintenance costs rise with the addition of more people.

KL is also the capital of Malaysia, which means it strives to be the best city and provide the best facilities and amenities. This requires a huge amount of money as disclosed in the mayor's annual budget speeches.
you must be kidding me, go to KL town are for example petaling street. u see a lot of foreigners, beggers, kutu-rayau and illegal aliens stray along the area. those sampah masyarakat tarnish the area making life difficult for shop owners. not forgetting adding burdens to DBKL to maintain the infra. they steal, rob, destroy public ammenities. they also urinate at residence and commercial areas. making hell of stench for all. yet unfair residence are paying on their behalf. they collect money from dbkl parking lots. whereby we already paid and those freaks scrathes our cars and puncture our tyres. this is seriously alarming bad.

why not dbkl enforcement officers come nab them all. show no mercy and teach them a lesson they never forget. the govt has to do their part also to deprive them from coming back.
toh2020
post Jan 6 2014, 11:58 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 11:46 PM)
You can raise this issue and report any of these incursions against justice and the country's laws to DBKL using the information we have provided above.

We agree that destroying public facilities and amenities will cause the cost to maintain the city to go higher. The public can also help by instilling a strong sense of civic duty in order to combat vandalism.
like i already said the maintenance of dbkl public amenities are not properly done. if dbkl is upright in doing enforcement. the foreigners, kutu-rayau and illegal aliens won't have the guts to make KL a scary place for local residence to bear with. these sampah masyarakat are liability to dbkl. this is why how u give yourself hardtime. we pay dbkl parking also have to spent extra money to repair cars lols..

u think hike is justifyable. please do your homework. show us all the improvements made first.
toh2020
post Jan 7 2014, 12:02 PM

Casual
493 posts

kochin,

you are right track with current issues related to dbkl. does MyKLTalks really represent DBKL to address concerns by rakyat?

if that is so, since dbkl is consider overstaff. why don't their representative comes here to have a say to justify the hike. provide his/her authority card, contact and email. whererea on other hand, they dbkl have to engage 3rd party aka cybertrooper to talk things on their behalf. most of all parrot what beeing told. while many queries from readers are left unanswered. the best answer is please go to dbkl website and do what's being told there.

point noted was year end 31 Jan 2013 was dark day in history for dbkl. where the mayor of dbkl gets the loudest Boo from rakyat. i presume this is reason MyKLTalks are here to exist. basically just to test water. NOT to address concerns and real time issue.

in reality dbkl officers must to go to the field. face to face with rakyat. give the timeline and get things done.

we all have far more important things to do in life. lets not waste time entertaining cybertrooper. we all know time is money. there are more to be done for the day itself.
toh2020
post Jan 7 2014, 12:17 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 7 2014, 12:08 PM)
i fully agree with you hence it is important to spread awareness to gen y who prefer to read postings in lyn.
if yours and my message gets across into their thick skulls, it would be another battle won!

what to expect with mentality of "if only 30% residents object to increase in assessment rates, means they agree!".
doh.gif

peace bro. i shall stop my rants in this thread.  icon_rolleyes.gif
no worries the gen y for themselves never trust one sided info like govt controlled website and media. they judge base on both side of the stories. what is actually happening that affect their lives.
toh2020
post Jan 11 2014, 11:31 AM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(princeb0b0 @ Jan 10 2014, 02:40 PM)
after reading this thread, TS has not contributed anything useful even when presented by well thought questions by moderator boon. this clown MyKLtalkcock is only here to help DBKL to TRY convince ppl to think that DBKL are actually doing something. He has not addressed any of  the forumers feedback contructively apart from telling everyone to send thier concerns to DBKL which is the party that has caused all the dissatisfaction in the first place. Its like complaining to the robber for robbing your house. Even then he cant even come up with any solid explanation as has been proven by bro kochin.

After so long, the least this talk cock king can do is help to put up info on the assessment rates, hearing schedules or what ever else will be useful for the community here. instead he just wait for ppl to ask question and either tell the person to send letter to DBKL (which we all know takes forever for a response not to mention any kind of action) or cook up some BS figures he pluck from DBKL dumpsite and tell us "oh we receive 200k complain bla bla bla". Halo.... u think just coz you say something we believe ar?? newspaper say last year less than 10,000 ppl gather at MPPJ stadium, u believe?? kamon man, ppl here not stupid wei.

from my short time here at LYN, i see that LYN forumer are very resourceful and it is because they cant find anything by google-ing and by searching extensively on the OBVIOUS websites that they come here to seek more info. i think LYN forumer are on a different level compared to MyKLtalkcock.

for me personally i came in here with hope of some good solid feedback to add to the joy of today that is Friday, instead i find this NUT here put inside the tin kosong. what happen when you shake the tin? we all know noise only, nothing happen.

dear moderator, i apolagize for no contructive question and i respect that everyone has the right to open topic and share thier view but i think pinning this topic is giving this clown too much face. If it really is useful LYN community would make it hot topic by now.
the moderator is so kind to give dbkl and it's related govt bodies a chance to prove themselves. with expectation they can do better than other MP (Majlis Perbandaran).

instead of doing us all good services. the ideology is to tell us. dbkl spent a lot of money to create a new image of MyKL. the word "my" vs "ku" sound obvious same meaning. moreless duplicating or mimic the efford by PKR ruled state @ http://www.selangorku.com/

when it comes back to serious work and services delivery to rakyat. there are so many hiccups along process. that irks most of the members and rakyat in general. wondering how they dbkl manage the state affair. moreless giving us perception it's time to UBAH.

well then thats the very best they can do. and we all as tax paying citizens have to live with it.

it seriously proved a point old ruling parties. with old leaders gripping in power. they are no longer competant against new generation of younger leaders. they should be retiring to safeguard their pride and honor. make way, instead of playing the old office politics.
toh2020
post Jan 12 2014, 11:01 AM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 11 2014, 10:34 PM)
Thank you for your interest. As soon as we get more verified information concerning the Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue from our clients, we will post it on our website, FB, Twitter and update the forums as well.
MyKLTalks, we appreciate you are more sensitive to the needs of the community. the process in getting things done should be made as transparent and easiest possible.

there are discussion about hearings. members got their notification later after hearing. this is not right thing dbkl to address issue. so there must be room for improvement or other way round. doing this give overall picture dbkl wants the hike badly via daylight robbery. how you can change that?

it's either you do it right or give your company and client a real bad name together along bad creditability. so please think and act carefully.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:15 PM