Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cukai Pintu Explained, Cukai Pintu/Assessment Rate issue in KL (Financial)

toh2020
post Jan 6 2014, 05:48 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

MyKLTalks, why your are here. is it because during year end gathering at dataran merdeka. your dato bandar gets the BIG BOO from the audience.

city hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. we as rakyat spents TOO MUCH pay for tolls in federal territory alone lols..

how can you say road maintainance is expensive. whereby most of federal roads are handed over to toll concessionaries. when they easily enjoy collecting $$$ from rakyat. whereby it's should be their role and responsibilities to help DBKL upkeep the roads. rather than roads to their toll plaza(s).
kentchow75
post Jan 6 2014, 05:50 PM

Best Biz Card Printing Service
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(mingyew @ Jan 6 2014, 05:37 PM)
More people also means they will use public parks, hawker centers, sports halls, courts, etc.

my place apa pun takda, i stay here more than 10 years, nothing is improve.

sudah lah..
sigh, nothing is ever equal

They did improve facilities for a certain place, using a big sum of money, benefiting just a portion of people, but everyone is paying the equal sum
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 05:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jan 6 2014, 05:48 PM)
MyKLTalks, why your are here. is it because during year end gathering at dataran merdeka. your dato bandar gets the BIG BOO from the audience.

city hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. we as rakyat spents TOO MUCH pay for tolls in federal territory alone lols..

how can you say road maintainance is expensive. whereby most of federal roads are handed over to toll concessionaries. when they easily enjoy collecting $$$ from rakyat. whereby it's should be their role and responsibilities to help DBKL upkeep the roads. rather than roads to their toll plaza(s).
Actually, DBKL maintains 2,010km of roads in KL and they constantly build new ones.

The roads you are referring to are expressways and highways. Tolls, highways and expressways are another matter, handled by other entities.
acbc
post Jan 6 2014, 05:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 05:17 PM)
Road maintenance is just an example. Each KL resident throws half a ton or 500kg of garbage a year. City Hall spent almost RM200 million in 2013 to clear garbage alone.

More people also means they will use public parks, hawker centers, sports halls, courts, etc.

The sheer number of people will increase the operating cost for everything City Hall does to maintain the city.
That's because DBKL overpaid to Alam Flora for garbage disposal. Why not go direct garbage contractors by passing the crony?
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 06:07 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(acbc @ Jan 6 2014, 05:53 PM)
That's because DBKL overpaid to Alam Flora for garbage disposal. Why not go direct garbage contractors by passing the crony?
The sheer amount of garbage is staggering. 912,500 metric tonnes of garbage a year. Plus costs for landfills, etc. Regardless of which company DBKL engages, the cost would remain the same to move literally mountains of rubbish.

What we can do is lessen the burden of the city by not throwing too much garbage. Perhaps a reduce, reuse, recycle mentality could help?

If you have any feedback concerning DBKL operations, or any suggestions concerning how they operate, please contact them:

DEWAN BANDARAYA KUALA LUMPUR
Menara DBKL 1, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Talian Am: +603 2617 9000
Call Centre: 1 800 88 3255
Faks: +603 26980460
E-mel: dbkl@dbkl.gov.my

AlexCbn
post Jan 6 2014, 06:08 PM

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 04:46 PM)
Thanks for asking!

Before I answer these questions, let's get a few things straight so we are all on the same page.

To say the Cukai Pintu is increased is not entirely true. The Annual Value is increased and the Assessment Rate Percentage is decreased.

The formula for amount of Cukai Pintu or Assessment Rate paid is this: Cukai Pintu or Assesment Rate  = Annual Value or Nilai Tahunan X Assessment Rate Percentage.

One factor goes up and another one goes down. Some owners will pay less and some will pay more, depending on how much the increase of their Annual Value as compared to the decrease in Assessment Rate Percentage.

Now, on to your questions:

1. There are two components to your question. First is the last time there was an Annual Value revision was in 1992. All this while, all these properties were charged the Assessment Rate based on that old value. Since then, the value of these properties have increased. So when there is a revision, 21 years later on any property, of course the value goes up. The second component is the increasing cost to cover the increasing operating expenditure and development expenditure. Yes, cost has increased and even with more property units paying Assessment Rate, it is not enough to cover the shortfall.

2. More people staying in KL whether in high-rise property or landed ones means more strain on the upkeep and maintenance of facilities and amenities. For example, roads - City Hall spent a lot just to maintain roads. If more people use them, then the maintenance cost would also soar.

3. Yes, as outlined in the Annual Budget Speech by the Mayor, there are many plans with the funds to improve and upgrade existing facilities and amenities with the aim to make and maintain KL as a world class city.

Any other questions, please ask us or engage us on Twitter (@mykltalks), FB: fb.com/mykltalks and our website: mykl.com.my
I have a question here. I read that the for commercial properties the assessment rate is decreased from 12% to 10 %. But my commercial property ( 2 1/2 storey shop ) since first day bought from developer 6 7 years ago only have assessment rate 10%. So is DBKL going to reduce my assessment rate after now the Annual Value has been up 200 %....Unless the Annual value is revised down otherwise i will still feel that it is highly unjustified even if DBKL reduce my assessment rate to say 8 %...
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 06:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AlexCbn @ Jan 6 2014, 06:08 PM)
I have a question here. I read that the for commercial properties the assessment rate is decreased from 12% to 10 %. But my commercial property ( 2 1/2 storey shop ) since first day bought from developer 6 7 years ago only have assessment rate 10%. So is DBKL going to reduce my assessment rate after now the Annual Value has been up 200 %....Unless the Annual value is revised down otherwise i will still feel that it is highly unjustified even if DBKL reduce my assessment rate to say 8 %...
Actually, your property is perhaps outside a 36-mile radius from the city center. This is why your previous Assessment rate percentage was 10 %.

The good news is - yes, for Commercial properties outside the 36-mile radius from the city center, the New Assessment rate Percentage is 8%.

The Proposed Annual Value under the revision is now up for appeal with DBKL. Have you submitted an objection by Dec 17 2013? DBKL received 153,000 objection letters by the deadline.

MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 06:21 PM

Getting Started

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/public-hearin...t-hike-1.456296

Here is the latest news coverage on the public hearings for the Annual Value Revision by DBKL
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 06:23 PM

Getting Started

There is also a special incentive for OKUs/The disabled, retirees and owner-occupied properties.

You can apply for an even further reduction to the Assessment Rate. The forms are available at DBKL Payment Counters
UFO-ET
post Jan 6 2014, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Frankly before the revision of the assessment, most of annual value are under estimated.
I think the issue is not bout the amount of money pay, house owners are generally angry with the revision due to lack of transparency and efficiency of the Majlis Perbadanan, fr Top to bottom, the whole country are full of corruption scandals, we will judge fr our naked eye how efficient is the gomen.
With the cheap air fare nowadays, Malaysian are so frequent traveling to other developed countries, they can compare other country to our own country on how the gomen spend their money, Taiwan for example, their population is bout 80% of Malaysia, buy they only need 1/3 of our gomen servant to maintain the country, the result is at least 300% better than our in terms maintaining the city and public amenities, in view of this, I would say Taiwan gomen performs 900% better than ours.
If we can save 2/3 of the manpower, consider their salary is RM1,000/mth, M'sia can save up to RM20 billions a year!
In another word,
Our local gomen can hv extra RM54.7 mil to spend in a day!!

This post has been edited by UFO-ET: Jan 6 2014, 07:12 PM
jolokia
post Jan 6 2014, 07:56 PM

So Hot It Burns..!!!

My assessment is 3.15 times higher, so with reductions of assessment tax from 6% to 4% the assessment tax is still 2.1 times higher, since my property is solely for my own stay & no intention to sell, how could I gain from the increased in assessment payment ? the rubbish collection & conditions of the road in my taman is pretty much the same no improvement over the year or shall I said as below par as or used to be, so how am I able to justify apart from payment more for same.

I do hope our mayor r allow to be elected rather then choosen same go our local council, so that we rakyat jelata who had pay more r allow to choose who we think best suited for the job.

We hope mykltalk is open minded & allows freedom of speech & offcoz freedom after the speech as well.
b00n
post Jan 6 2014, 07:56 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Group: Staff

I would appreciate if this topic can be productive in response to the recent hike in assessment fee. Therefore we should try and avoid venting too much frustration on the displease about the ruling government or political parties.

Pls be factual in presenting points, queries or clarifications. the moderating team will be removing posts that are deemed non constructive.

Thanks.

----------------------

p/s: Topic pinned.

Btw, they are an agency representing DBKL and not from DBKL themselves.

This post has been edited by b00n: Jan 6 2014, 07:57 PM
tikaram
post Jan 6 2014, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 07:07 PM)
The sheer amount of garbage is staggering. 912,500 metric tonnes of garbage a year. Plus costs for landfills, etc. Regardless of which company DBKL engages, the cost would remain the same to move literally mountains of rubbish.

What we can do is lessen the burden of the city by not throwing too much garbage. Perhaps a reduce, reuse, recycle mentality could help?

If you have any feedback concerning DBKL operations, or any suggestions concerning how they operate, please contact them:

DEWAN BANDARAYA KUALA LUMPUR
Menara DBKL 1, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Talian Am: +603 2617 9000
Call Centre: 1 800 88 3255
Faks: +603 26980460
E-mel: dbkl@dbkl.gov.my
i have submit my complaint to dbkl about my mun areas rubbish not being clean glass not being cut and road not being repair.

Submit 3 times

already 6 months from first submit.

still no feedback.

what is the use u keep ask us to feedback to dbkl?
tikaram
post Jan 6 2014, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Another question ya.

If let said the taman glass not cut. Tree no trim. Rubish not collected. Can we hire someone do the work and bill to dbkl?

let said the value up now
what if during recession the value drop? Will dbkl pay us back cukai that we pay?

ManutdGiggs
post Jan 6 2014, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Arr can I ask u a simple Q. Wat bout those dbkl kacao kacao biz owners asking kopi lui. Can call up dbkl ofis ask for refund of biz license ga???

Eg. Longkang not clean bcos those sapu lantai Alwiz sapu leaves into longkang. Then dbkl bargers come n ask for kopi lui otw giv saman. How ar???

I reckon u hav an idea to deal with it rite??? Apa dbkl mau lagi???

Expenses so high dunno how to cope ar. Step down lo. Or close down lo. Let the rakyats do it lo. Maybe save more lui n can buy macili like LGE ma. Butul ga ah Mr. Apa kl???

This post has been edited by ManutdGiggs: Jan 6 2014, 09:27 PM
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 09:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jolokia @ Jan 6 2014, 07:56 PM)
My assessment is 3.15 times higher,  so with reductions of assessment tax from 6% to 4% the assessment tax is still 2.1 times higher,  since my property is solely for my own stay & no intention to sell, how could I gain from the increased in assessment payment ? the rubbish collection & conditions of the road in my taman is pretty much the same no improvement over the year or shall I said as below par as or used to be, so how am I able to justify apart from payment more for same.

I do hope our mayor r allow to be elected rather then choosen same go our local council,  so that we rakyat jelata who had pay more r allow to choose who we think best suited for the job.

We hope mykltalk is open minded & allows freedom of speech & offcoz freedom after the speech as well.
In your case, as an owner who stays at his/her own property, you can apply for a special incentive - a further reduction in Assessment Rate amount you have to pay.

To apply, you can get the form from a DBKL Payment Counter.
MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 09:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tikaram @ Jan 6 2014, 09:10 PM)
Another question ya.

If let said the taman glass not cut. Tree no trim. Rubish not collected.  Can we hire someone do the work and bill to dbkl?

let said the value up now
what if during recession the value drop? Will dbkl pay us back cukai that we pay?
Under the law (Local Government Act 1976, if I'm not mistaken), DBKL can revise the Annual Value every five years and charge a maximum of 35% across the board.

Should the value of properties change in the future - for example a drop in property prices and/or rental rates - then City Hall can do another Annual Value Revision.
tikaram
post Jan 6 2014, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(MyKLTalks @ Jan 6 2014, 10:38 PM)
Under the law (Local Government Act 1976, if I'm not mistaken), DBKL can revise the Annual Value every five years and charge a maximum of 35% across the board.

Should the value of properties change in the future - for example a drop in property prices and/or rental rates - then City Hall can do another Annual Value Revision.
Under the law can....but the question is will city hall do?

Under the law city hall should clean road. Collect rubish. Not corrupt. But city hall do the terbalik. How ah?

MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 10:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tikaram @ Jan 6 2014, 09:46 PM)
Under the law can....but the question is will city hall do?

Under the law city hall should clean road. Collect rubish. Not corrupt. But city hall do the terbalik. How ah?
If you have any evidence to back your claims, you can either report to DBKL using the information we supplied above or send it over to projectmykl@gmail.com for us to forward to our clients.

There is also the MACC and PDRM.

For operations conducted by DBKL, if you find any unsatisfactory performance or negligence, you can either report to DBKL, or get one of the media outlets (either mainstream or alternative) to highlight it.

MyKLTalks
post Jan 6 2014, 10:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tikaram @ Jan 6 2014, 10:23 PM)
On the corruption.

Would like to hear your opinion on the mrr2 rubish case.

it was reported in news portal. Yet no action done by macc n pdrm.
Apologies, but the scope of this campaign does not cover MACC or PDRM. However, the usual protocol is for parties (individuals, groups, companies or any entities) to submit a report to the authorities.

If you - as a concerned citizen - feels the matter warrants the attention of the authorities, it is prudent to lodge a report as soon as it is convenient for you.

This is a step-by-step page from the MACC:

http://www.sprm.gov.my/laporkan-rasuah.html

And this is the PDRM directory for phone numbers and emails to all divisions:

http://www.rmp.gov.my/db2.cfm?path=contact...=20&con=0&dis=1

From DBKL's perspective, any and all reasonable reports or objections are heard, as with the case of the 153,000 objections to the proposed Annual Value Revision.

DBKL is currently holding a special public hearing for all 153,000 cases of objections filed to them. This process may take three months.

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1003sec    6.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 10:55 AM