views

TSJyuuShiroe
post Jan 5 2014, 11:56 PM, updated 11y ago

0 posts

hello guys..im just costumized a pc..
processor - i5 3.4ghz
gpu - gtx 650
power supply unit, xigmatek 500w

when i turn it on, the fans and led keep spins and stops, repeatively. monitor also show no signal..
then i do something really stupid ( which i know only after i done it ) i switch the red colour things on the power supply.. sad.gif
but at that moment the pc is off..but the cpu plug is still on..once i done it, i know my power supply is damage ady.. sad.gif but will the motherboard affected too ? how about the other component ? please someone answer me..cant sleep woo..i've spend lots of money ady..

can use warranty for this kind of issue ? cry.gif

beauwlf
post Jan 6 2014, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Relax, you still might be able to recover from this catastrophe.
Try unplug the power cord, switch back the red colour switch back to 240V(assuming your power output is at 240V), then wait few min and try to power up again. Chances are the power supply will now work. Usually they have a resettable fuse as protection. If system still doesn't start,then only need to replace the Power supply unit. I don't think the other components are damaged.
SUSYottabyte
post Jan 6 2014, 03:08 PM

Casual
483 posts

could you post pictures of your psu, mobo, condition as it connected? your PSU may not die yet. It just have a protection system which makes it refuse to on back.
drivenheat
post Jan 6 2014, 11:14 PM

I'm Officer Cadet
945 posts

maybe can turn it on maybe not cause u change input voltage value, it may cause transformer inside your psu defect.. but it wont effect to other component..
lex
post Jan 7 2014, 01:01 AM

Old Am I?
Group Icon
VIP
18,182 posts

QUOTE(JyuuShiroe @ Jan 5 2014, 11:56 PM)
hello guys..im just costumized a pc..
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
when i turn it on, the fans and led keep spins and stops, repeatively. monitor also show no signal..
then i do something really stupid ( which i know only after i done it ) i switch the red colour things on the power supply.. sad.gif
but at that moment the pc is off..but the cpu plug is still on..once i done it, i know my power supply is damage ady..
sad.gif but will the motherboard affected too ? how about the other component ? please someone answer me..cant sleep woo..i've spend lots of money ady..
If that "red colour" switch as the one at the back of the PSU, then likely was the mains voltage selection switch (for switching between 230VAC and 110VAC). For Malaysia, we are using 230VAC. That other 110VAC is for countries such as USA and Japan. Anyway, was there a loud crack/bang or explosion sound from that PSU? hmm.gif

QUOTE(JyuuShiroe @ Jan 5 2014, 11:56 PM)
can use warranty for this kind of issue ? cry.gif
Can try your luck if that PSU is still under warranty. Just make sure that "red colour" switch is back to its original position, and say that it suddenly failed... tongue.gif

joefbi
post Jan 7 2014, 09:21 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

not really sure about PC PSU. but in normal electrical appliances, switch from 240 to 110v may damage the power supply unit but not the main boards.
SUSMatrix
post Jan 7 2014, 09:29 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Fuiyo...lucky didn't explode in your face....but like everyone said, try to put it back to 240V..and also test if your whole PC is dead or not with another PSU.
1kokies
post Oct 20 2017, 02:10 AM

On my way
532 posts

wow try not to switch the V for this kind of things
mashimarow
post Oct 21 2017, 10:20 AM

Regular
1,742 posts

xigmatek is bad PSU, take this opportunity to change a better PSU like seasonic coolermaster, it isn't expensive, 500W more than enough for your system
Snoopycute98
post Oct 23 2017, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

What is that Red color switch?
stormcloud
post Oct 24 2017, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Voltage selector. Don't ever set it to 110V in Malaysia.
Also, necrothread.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 AM