136 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel South Korea V5, Seoul & Surroundings

views

michaelyii1988
post May 23 2015, 07:43 PM

:)
1,291 posts

Hi guys.. need some help here again.. this thread helps me alot when I travel to korea few years ago. This coming Christmas I'm going Korea again. this time will include Jeju in my plan.. I read from V1 last time, but skip all information regarding Jeju.
as far as I know, there are 2 methods to travel in Jeju..hire a car+driver or rent a car drive myself.

if I were to drive myself, what sort of items I need to prepare/provide in order to hire a car?International driving licence is a must? GPS english-based? the driver side, roads are all terbalik.. will that be a big problem for us malaysian to drive? lastly, how much are we looking at if rent a car compare to hire a car+driver for 2 person?

thank you very much!
zstan
post May 23 2015, 09:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

Bought the tickets from 9-16 July. RM606 without baggage. Tq air asia for the discount. got extra rm250 to spend now.
zstan
post May 24 2015, 10:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

Is this the usual sim card people get while visiting the Korea?

http://www.egsimcard.co.kr/eng/main/index.asp
Babedorr
post May 25 2015, 09:01 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 20 2015, 01:43 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

check the information i mention smile.gif
Day 2
Nami Island -> Kwangjang Market -> Lotte Mart -> Delivery (Kyochon + Jjajangmyun)
u plan to go nami island whole day or half day? by what transport? -> By ITX, half day, planning to proceed with Petite France. Is Petite France worth to go?

Day 3
Dongdaemun Toys and Stationery Street Market -> Lunch @ Mukshidonna (Anguk Station) -> Garosu-Gil -> Yeolbong (Sinsadong) -> Apgujeong -> Yeouidu/SA Seoul -> Dinner at Jinokhwa Halmae Darkhanmari -> Dongdaemun -> Supper (Street Food)
plan to midnight shopping in dongdaemun? fyi, midnite charge for taxi is very expensive.. and some is cut throat price tongue.gif not midnite but around 8pm+ like that

Day 4
Breakfast @ Kim Bap Cheon Guk -> Gyeongbokgung -> Lunch @ Samyetang -> Samcheong-dong -> Insadong -> Cheonggyecheon Stream -> Gwanghwamun Sq -> Dinner @ Chun Choon Jip (Sinchon)
u wanna view night scenery in cheonggye stream & gwanghwamun?? else go by the flow.. to gwanghwamun or cheonggye stream first before gyeongbokgung i plan to re-arrange my journey for today to bukchon village -> Samcheong-dong -> Lunch @ mukshidonna -> Insadong -> Cheonggyecheon Stream -> Gwanghwamun Sq -> Dinner @ Tosokchon...will it be better like this? Bukchon worth to pay a visit or not?

Day 7
Isaac -> Ehwa Uni -> Ehwa St -> Lunch @ Yeon Nam Standing BBQ (Sinchon) -> Sinchon -> Hongdae -> Tea break @ Jopogtteogbokk-i -> Freedom Market -> Dinner @ Onedang -> Packing -> Supper @ James Cheese Spare Ribs (Hongdae)
fyi free market is on saturday 1-6pm only yupe, that day is Saturday biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Babedorr: May 25 2015, 11:50 AM
Jahnavi
post May 25 2015, 11:59 AM

1 posts

Nice!
yvonnesoo
post May 25 2015, 12:00 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

of cause you need IDL.. just go JPJ apply and they will issue you a small letter. that is IDL and it can last for 1 yr thumbup.gif car in Korea equip with GPS. when you wanna hire a car, just mention to them English GPS but sometimes can't detect the destination.. Korean GPS more accurate.. definitely in the beginning you will feel weird driving on the left hand side, but after some times you will get use to it.. no worry..

usually people will opt for rent a car if in a group. if you are only 2 pax and want to have less hassle than go for hire a taxi. if you want freedom and go on your own leisure way, drive yourself. the feeling is different biggrin.gif

QUOTE(zstan @ May 23 2015, 09:50 PM)
Bought the tickets from 9-16 July. RM606 without baggage. Tq air asia for the discount. got extra rm250 to spend now.
thumbup.gif

there are many different types of sim.. usually people get pocket wifi or phone rental instead of sim in Korea

check out my comment in green color

zstan
post May 25 2015, 02:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 25 2015, 12:00 PM)

of cause you need IDL.. just go JPJ apply and they will issue you a small letter. that is IDL  and it can last for 1 yr thumbup.gif  car in Korea equip with GPS. when you wanna hire a car, just mention to them English GPS but sometimes can't detect the destination.. Korean GPS more accurate.. definitely in the beginning you will feel weird driving on the left hand side, but after some times you will get use to it.. no worry..

usually people will opt for rent a car if in a group. if you are only 2 pax and want to have less hassle than go for hire a taxi. if you want freedom and go on your own leisure way, drive yourself. the feeling is different  biggrin.gif
thumbup.gif

there are many different types of sim.. usually people get pocket wifi or phone rental instead of sim in Korea

check out my comment in green color
pocket wifi and phone rental over budget la for solo traveller sad.gif the sim card RM100++ also haha.
yvonnesoo
post May 25 2015, 04:00 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ May 25 2015, 02:57 PM)
pocket wifi and phone rental over budget la for solo traveller  sad.gif  the sim card RM100++ also haha.
the pocket wifi cost 5k won per day leh doh.gif even cheaper than using our telco roaming.. if you only travel in Seoul only, opt for metro that cost 2k won per day.. or else get a guesthouse that provide foc pocket wifi for you during your stay whistling.gif
zstan
post May 25 2015, 04:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 25 2015, 04:00 PM)
the pocket wifi cost 5k won per day leh  doh.gif  even cheaper than using our telco roaming.. if you only travel in Seoul only, opt for metro that cost 2k won per day.. or else get a guesthouse that provide foc pocket wifi for you during your stay  whistling.gif
5k X 8 days = 40k won leh laugh.gif

simcard = 25.5k won

what do you mean by metro that cost 2k won? you mean the subway? haha i staying those super budget hostels where got pocket wifi laugh.gif
yvonnesoo
post May 25 2015, 05:10 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ May 25 2015, 04:24 PM)
5k X 8 days = 40k won leh  laugh.gif

simcard = 25.5k won

what do you mean by metro that cost 2k won? you mean the subway? haha i staying those super budget hostels where got pocket wifi  laugh.gif
metropolitan area la.. Seoul and capital region but that is promo price until end of may tongue.gif your travel date is june right? so the price is 5,000 won haha..

if you wanna save, even sim card oso no need buy la.. back to guesthouse at night only use.. brows.gif
zstan
post May 25 2015, 05:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 25 2015, 05:10 PM)
metropolitan area la.. Seoul and capital region but that is promo price until end of may tongue.gif your travel date is june right? so the price is 5,000 won haha..

if you wanna save, even sim card oso no need buy la.. back to guesthouse at night only use..  brows.gif
hmm.gif hmm.gif i doubt i will travel until 5,000 won. will be mostly walking haha.

i scared i get lost le sad.gif then i need to call my korean chingu also got number easier.
yvonnesoo
post May 25 2015, 05:44 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ May 25 2015, 05:31 PM)
hmm.gifĀ  hmm.gifĀ  i doubt i will travel until 5,000 won. will be mostly walking haha.

i scared i get lost leĀ  sad.gifĀ   then i need to call my korean chingu also got number easier.
no.. u misunderstand. metropolitan is not for subway. i mean the pocket wifi coverage la.. sweat.gif

if you plan properly won't get lost. since you got local friend there, borrow from them or ask them to help you rent. local rate is different drool.gif

This post has been edited by yvonnesoo: May 25 2015, 05:44 PM
zstan
post May 26 2015, 09:45 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 25 2015, 05:44 PM)
no.. u misunderstand. metropolitan is not for subway. i mean the pocket wifi coverage la..  sweat.gif

if you plan properly won't get lost. since you got local friend there, borrow from them or ask them to help you rent. local rate is different  drool.gif
ohhh. the sim card also got offer free wifi as long as within the KT Wi-Fi Zone. so probably most of the time i won't have to use data laugh.gif

haha no le. things will screw up one..especially if you start to wander off.. i kena once in taiwan liao.. last time still in poverty no smart phone.. rely on maps je.. wasted a lot of time.. and i'm lucky to be alive.. laugh.gif
yvonnesoo
post May 26 2015, 11:12 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ May 26 2015, 09:45 AM)
ohhh. the sim card also got offer free wifi as long as within the KT Wi-Fi Zone. so probably most of the time i won't have to use data  laugh.gif

haha no le. things will screw up one..especially if you start to wander off.. i kena once in taiwan liao.. last time still in poverty no smart phone.. rely on maps je.. wasted a lot of time.. and i'm lucky to be alive..  laugh.gif
than i recommend you use naver or daum map if you use smartphone. don't use google map. else take hardcopy map from tourist center
Batai
post May 27 2015, 12:12 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 22 2015, 10:41 AM)
sorry to say that 8 mar is too early for cherry blossom.. cherry blossom usually start end of mar to 2nd week of apr
yaa, juz doing research bout it.. quite early for cherry blossom, but wth, its the first time i'm going there.. many things to be discovered.. hehe.. next year will plan for cherry blossom trip rclxms.gif
zstan
post May 27 2015, 09:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 26 2015, 11:12 AM)
than i recommend you use naver or daum map if you use smartphone. don't use google map. else take hardcopy map from tourist center
thank you. all in korean though laugh.gif
yvonnesoo
post May 27 2015, 10:11 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(Batai @ May 27 2015, 12:12 AM)
yaa, juz doing research bout it.. quite early for cherry blossom, but wth, its the first time i'm going there.. many things to be discovered.. hehe.. next year will plan for cherry blossom trip rclxms.gif
nvm la.. you can still go experience snow.. some places still have biggrin.gif plan your trip early next time so that you won't rush to buy tickets during promo. i guess you saw date that got promo and straight grab it tongue.gif

QUOTE(zstan @ May 27 2015, 09:57 AM)
thank you. all in korean though  laugh.gif
yeah in korean cause it's the most accurate one as korean usually use those. sorry to say that google maps not update and accurate though.. especially if you wanna find certain restaurants or etc.. tongue.gif
zstan
post May 27 2015, 10:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ May 27 2015, 10:11 AM)
nvm la.. you can still go experience snow.. some places still have  biggrin.gif plan your trip early next time so that you won't rush to buy tickets during promo. i guess you saw date that got promo and straight grab it  tongue.gif
yeah in korean cause it's the most accurate one as korean usually use those. sorry to say that google maps not update and accurate though.. especially if you wanna find certain restaurants or etc.. tongue.gif
ooo i just wanna my way around je.. no money go restaurants.. maybe eat kimbap everyday je cry.gif
yvonnesoo
post May 27 2015, 10:35 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ May 27 2015, 10:26 AM)
ooo i just wanna my way around je.. no money go restaurants.. maybe eat kimbap everyday jeĀ  cry.gif
i put an example lah.. go restaurants, cafes, attractions etc..

go around oso need to use map if you are not familiar with the places ma.. u think eat kimbap cheap ah.. tongue.gif somemore you going solo more expensive than going with friends you know.. 1 of the reason is you can't try out many variety of foods n sharing certain things whistling.gif

This post has been edited by yvonnesoo: May 27 2015, 10:35 AM
vankodoq
post May 27 2015, 10:17 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(sheng291 @ May 21 2015, 02:32 PM)
went there purposely for dakgalbi..too bad only stay there for 1 night, didn't manage to explore much
Oh! Yeah, the dakgalbi there was so good! And you know the way they put rice just before we finish all the dakgalbi to make bokkeumbab with the leftovers? It was also good! thumbup.gif

136 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0306sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM