Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel South Korea V5, Seoul & Surroundings

views

SUSkl87
post Feb 15 2015, 09:32 AM

Casual
390 posts

QUOTE(MiKE7LIM @ Feb 15 2015, 12:13 AM)
Hi bro, can explain further on the benefits and how to apply...then link provide is in Korean words rclxub.gif

Thanks
every page, there is a english button on the right.
kennykong85
post Feb 17 2015, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

guys, if u wish to book for the apartments or homestay in korea, u may go to download airbnb app. you may get further discount RM89 if refer by someone. do u guys know that?

alternative is www.airbnb.com

if u sign up from my link, u will be entitled for RM89 rebate. if u think i am a con man. u may go straight directly into www.airbnb.com (i dont want ppl to say i advertise here trying to make some money)
i am goin to korea seoul on may, after i booked the accomodation through airbnb then only i realized i can get the RM89 if i was referred by a friend... anyway, good luck to all who are going to seoul.

link: (if u want to book for homestay, backpackers hostel, apartment whole unit and get a discount)
www.airbnb.com/c/kkong101?s=8

This post has been edited by kennykong85: Feb 17 2015, 09:02 PM
clearcase
post Feb 18 2015, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Feb 17 2015, 08:55 PM)
guys, if u wish to book for the apartments or homestay in korea, u may go to download airbnb app. you may get further discount RM89 if refer by someone. do u guys know that?

alternative is www.airbnb.com
if u sign up from my link, u will be entitled for RM89 rebate. if u think i am a con man. u may go straight directly into www.airbnb.com (i dont want ppl to say i advertise here trying to make some money)
i am goin to korea seoul on may, after i booked the accomodation through airbnb then only i realized i can get the RM89 if i was referred by a friend... anyway, good luck to all who are going to seoul.
link: (if u want to book for homestay, backpackers hostel, apartment whole unit and get a discount)
www.airbnb.com/c/kkong101?s=8
CIMB have a better deal right now. They're offering 10% off the total chargeable. If you don't have any cards with them just sign-up a free Kwik account.

http://www.cimbbank.com.my/en/personal/pro...imb-airbnb.html
billygoh
post Feb 24 2015, 12:19 AM

Regular
1,606 posts

hi, i will be travelling to busan soon. I was wondering if there are kpop merchandise and runningman merchandise selling there?
yumi17
post Feb 25 2015, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

hi all, wonder how much is the gasoline and diesel price in jeju ya? and is diesel easy to find in jeju? coz plan to rent a 7-seater car...but it runs on diesel...
scorgio
post Feb 25 2015, 08:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,571 posts

QUOTE(yumi17 @ Feb 25 2015, 02:01 PM)
hi all, wonder how much is the gasoline and diesel price in jeju ya? and is diesel easy to find in jeju? coz plan to rent a 7-seater car...but it runs on diesel...
Diesel is widely used around Korea.
Their Kia Carnival(our Naza Ria) got diesel model, Chevrolet Cruze also got diesel model, Hyundai Tucson also. Hyundai Starex runs on diesel, not to mention all the lorries & buses.
So definitely no problem.
Price wise, is around KRW1300-1500/L as of now.
yumi17
post Feb 26 2015, 02:39 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Feb 25 2015, 08:58 PM)
Their Kia Carnival(our Naza Ria) got diesel model, Chevrolet Cruze also got diesel model, Hyundai Tucson also. Hyundai Starex runs on diesel, not to mention all the lorries & buses.
Thanks. How about the gasoline & LPG price?
SUSkl87
post Feb 27 2015, 12:10 PM

Casual
390 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Feb 25 2015, 08:58 PM)
blink.gif rm4 to rm5 per litter, fuking expensive
hye
post Feb 28 2015, 09:35 AM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

Fuel prices in Korea are market based prices and included in the fuel prices are the taxes which the government imposed. The fuel prices are one of the reasons the public in Korea are conscious about driving, leaving the engine running, using public transport, heating, air conditioning, etc - something we Malaysians take it for granted and abuse on a daily basis.

You don't see general prices for essentials / food / transport going up when fuel prices gone up like in Malaysia. Likewise bus companies there don't hike up the prices and safety and service delivery is far better than many bus companies in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by hye: Feb 28 2015, 05:44 PM
virus699
post Mar 2 2015, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(billygoh @ Feb 24 2015, 12:19 AM)
hi, i will be travelling to busan soon. I was wondering if there are kpop merchandise and runningman merchandise selling there?
u can shopping at shinsegae centum city..biggest mall in the world.
xiongzz15
post Mar 5 2015, 11:35 PM

48 posts

Hi guys! will be travelling to Korea for a few days next week for a business trip. First time going to a cold country actually ,so need some advice on the clothing with the current temperature there =s
eugene9201
post Mar 6 2015, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(guoshyang @ Jan 3 2014, 01:47 PM)
Guys.. what is the best route to go from Myeong dong to Vivaldi Park. Im staying in Namsan Guesthouse. Travelling for 11 days this month there.
Why not go Jisan? They provide free shuttle bus and 50% discount voucher if you go by their bus.
(You can take the free bus at Sinchon) http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_....jsp?cid=266904
eugene9201
post Mar 6 2015, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(xiongzz15 @ Mar 5 2015, 11:35 PM)
Hi guys! will be travelling to Korea for a few days next week for a business trip. First time going to a cold country actually ,so need some advice on the clothing with the current temperature there =s
Get a good winter jacket and beanie/scarf. Heattech from Uniqlo is pretty good on keeping you warm too.
eldiablo79
post Mar 9 2015, 09:53 AM

44 posts

Hi, do any of the ski resorts near to seoul still have snow this/next week? Going there this weekend..
KXMALL.COM
post Mar 10 2015, 12:36 AM

22 posts

Hi, I might going Seoul end of March till early of April. Can I know how's the weather?
I'm planing to go Jeju from Busan.
From KUL to BUSAN airport from Busan airport can I fly to Jeju?
Izit same airport? Need some double confirm, afraid they have two Busan airport.

For stay at seoul, myeongdong/gangnam/dongdaemun better?
Any recommended pls? Tq
kahhui_sam
post Mar 12 2015, 12:27 AM

6 posts

- Can I know how much transportation will cost per day? (3 or 4 places, not that far, mainly subway)

- Subway exit to my hotel is exit 7 of dongdaemun history & cultural subway station. (3mins walk as stated on booking.com). Arex or airport limousine more convenient/suitable? Is there any airport shuttle bus station around this particular subway station?

- I plan to join seoul city SKI tour package 2 for 65000 KRW. Incl. ski gear,rental all those but excl. ski clothing. Anyway, is ski clothing necessary when we have our own water proof winter clothing? Is the tour package worth it? Or any recommendation from you guys?

Thanks alot !
hye
post Mar 12 2015, 08:53 AM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

QUOTE(kahhui_sam @ Mar 12 2015, 12:27 AM)
- Can I know how much transportation will cost per day? (3 or 4 places, not that far, mainly subway)

- Subway exit to my hotel is exit 7 of dongdaemun history & cultural subway station. (3mins walk as stated on booking.com). Arex or airport limousine more convenient/suitable? Is there any airport shuttle bus station around this particular subway station?

- I plan to join seoul city SKI tour package 2 for 65000 KRW. Incl. ski gear,rental all those but excl. ski clothing. Anyway, is ski clothing necessary when we have our own water proof winter clothing? Is the tour package worth it? Or any recommendation from you guys?

Thanks alot !
Recommend to budget about KRW10K per day for transport via subway but this is highly dependent on you. The definition is "3 or 4 places, not that far, mainly subway" is very subjective.

You can take the airport limousine bus to your location and the fare is about KRW14K per way. If you take the Arex, it is KRW8K into Seoul but you need to take the subway again which is about KRW1050. Take a direct transport if you could coz you may think you are saving money but you are lugging your luggage around which is likely to be inconvenient.

Decision to take ski clothing is entirely optional and to bear in mind the wind factor. If you bought your own water proof clothing from Malaysia then I'll caution you on whether it will work as it should when you are in Korea.
vankodoq
post Mar 12 2015, 03:55 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(KXMALL.COM @ Mar 10 2015, 12:36 AM)
Hi, I might going Seoul end of March till early of April. Can I know how's the weather?
I'm planing to go Jeju from Busan.
From KUL to BUSAN airport from Busan airport can I fly to Jeju?
Izit same airport? Need some double confirm, afraid they have two Busan airport.

For stay at seoul, myeongdong/gangnam/dongdaemun better?
Any recommended pls? Tq
Quick googling on "Busan" reveals that it's only served by Gimhae Int'l Airport. So that took care of one of your questions. The other question regarding weather can be answered by googling "Seoul" as well. According to Wikipedia, it might range from 2-18 centigrade with average of 5-13 centigrade. Again, it's from Wikipedia, so make sure to check the weather forecasts as your days closing in. laugh.gif

As for the place to stay in Seoul, it depends on what you want to do or where you want to go in Seoul. hmm.gif
eugene9201
post Mar 12 2015, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(kahhui_sam @ Mar 12 2015, 12:27 AM)

Thanks alot !
- Subway: Using Single Journey Transportation Card is 1,150 won per way (for first 10km)
I would suggest to buy a T money (2500~3000won) like T&Go in Malaysia. Just touch & go and you can save 100won for everytime you use it (the fare for T money is 1050won for first 10km)

- With luggage better sit airport limousine because subway need to change line and believe you don't want to carry your luggage everywhere. Print this coupon and get 1000won discount for airport limousine http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--ak2m6Mpw3Y/UJ0k...w/s1600/map.JPG

- Last time I went to Jisan (free & easy). Get the guesthouse owner to book free shuttle bus and get 50% coupon at the customer service counter.

Ski Clothes ₩10,000
Ski Glasses ₩5,000
Ski gear ₩11,000(After discount)
Loker ₩1,000
Food ₩9,000~10,000
Hand glove ₩ 15,000 (only purchase, no rental)

Total: ₩ 56,000
**without lift, lift is for those who already know how to ski by the way, beginner will spend most of the time down the hill learning and take pictures
**Lift is around ₩ 68,000 (for whole day)

Go yourself if you want to save money and follow tour if you want to save the hassle laugh.gif
I think better rent a ski cloth since you are going, for picture taking and ski cloth really keep you warm (and somehow protect you from injury more than the normal winter cloth as it is design for ski)

This post has been edited by eugene9201: Mar 13 2015, 09:40 AM
whoopa
post Mar 12 2015, 10:10 PM

b~o~b~o
7,118 posts

busan who can recommend where to stay? i will be staying 6 days ... budget is rm200 and below ...

136 Pages « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0318sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 PM