Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

203 Pages « < 162 163 164 165 166 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to choose a good Cooker Hoods & Gas Hobs ?, Kitchen appliances hood / hob / oven

views

blanket84
post Feb 18 2021, 12:12 AM

Regular
1,498 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 17 2021, 09:52 PM)
Need advise as I'm planning to Reno the kitchen with new Hob.
How can we compare gas hobs with different brand and model, when most manufacture has no indication of the % of efficiency.
Any recommendation for 2 nos of gas hob that has the highest heat and can accommodate 2 nos of 450mm dia. Pan and soup pot. Tq
Which brand are looking at? From my previous research during my renovation, most popular brands in Malaysia like Electrolux and Fotile did advertise their efficiency.
senscents
post Feb 18 2021, 02:36 AM

Casual
405 posts

Ohhh. That's sound about right 😀
QUOTE(zero5177 @ Feb 17 2021, 10:46 PM)
Those that show the %efficiency are proud of the number while those doesn't mostly are not so proud about it.
Not particular about brand. Most important is the "Wok hei" as we cook quite a huge sums of vegetable with a ~450mm dia. Wok and big pot of soup almost everyday since the pandemic.

The space must accommodate a big wok and pot of 450mm dia each.
Currently using an old Electrolux hob which some parts have been replace after using for a few years. The heat of this current hob are not sufficient.

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Feb 18 2021, 12:12 AM)
Which brand are looking at? From my previous research during my renovation, most popular brands in Malaysia like Electrolux and Fotile did advertise their efficiency.
ceo684
post Feb 18 2021, 03:06 AM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

How can we compare gas hobs with different brand and model, when most manufacture has no indication of the % of efficiency.
Any recommendation for 2 nos of gas hob that has the highest heat and can accommodate 2 nos of 450mm dia. Pan and soup pot. Tq
Highest heat in standalone stove is probably commercial stove- Rinnai RTL35K 6.75kW gas input excl.gif

For built in hob see if you can get a bigger gas input than these 5.5kW:
Rinnai RB-72G / Rinnai RB-72S

Basic gas stove is around 3.6kW
Entry level rinnai hob about 3.7kW
Midrange rinnai 2-burner hob 4.5kW

A three burner hob will likely be too cute in terms of flame power and cramped.

Else it might be more practical to go with 2 (or 3) units of the standalone stove, spaced out, for triple maximum simultaneous wok hei possible.

This post has been edited by ceo684: Feb 18 2021, 03:12 AM
zero5177
post Feb 18 2021, 11:06 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,357 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 18 2021, 02:36 AM)
Ohhh. That's sound about right  😀
Not particular about brand. Most important is the "Wok hei" as we cook quite a huge sums of vegetable with a ~450mm dia. Wok and big pot of soup almost everyday since the pandemic.

The space must accommodate a big wok and pot of 450mm dia each.
Currently using an old Electrolux hob which some parts have been replace after using for a few years. The heat of this current hob are not sufficient.
Your 450mm pot may benefit from big diameter stove, I can think of Senz Tri-ring burner that have output of 6.4kw, its really huge.
But it is not practically spaced out with hob size of just 710mm

Maybe you need a standalone gas hob to cater your needs, 450mm is really huge for double burner, I think the large one only about 900 width

With Pot size 450mm U may even consider some commercial used high pressure gas stove for better firepower, those definitely can give you some wok hei
TSzheilwane
post Feb 18 2021, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

if two 450mm = 900mm already. i dont think u really need two 450mm. Pan usually 300mm only.
Kitchen hood by standard is 900mm, so hob usually is smaller or max 900mm. putting two 450mm is hard to get. standard wok at home 400mm+- and pan 300mm+- so total 700mm only.

Fotile GAG 86210 would b a good choice, efficiency more than 60% and tested to b stronger than many brands rated 5.5kW

However, if u really have a 450mm wok those really restaurant big wok and u need super strong flame then may b buying two standalone hob, rinnai commercial hob super powerful. However this is overkill for many homecooks, i m using old fotile model rated 3.8kW and it is actually very powerful for me d, latest model 4.85 to 5kW lagi power. Btw dont 100% trust kW spec as many low end brand overstate their kW to make them look powerful

https://www.rinnai.com.my/product/commercia...cooker/rtl-35k/

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 18 2021, 06:55 PM
senscents
post Feb 19 2021, 01:51 AM

Casual
405 posts

Thanks for the advise and recommendatio. Will look into the standalone stove.

Wondering will the RB-72 has enough space for 2 big pot & pan🤔.

Senz Tri-ring burner quite impressive with output of 6.4kw but don't think it will fit in.
The current 900mmL hob have sufficient space for two big pot & pan.

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Feb 18 2021, 03:06 AM)
Highest heat in standalone stove is probably commercial stove- Rinnai RTL35K 6.75kW gas input :excl:

For built in hob see if you can get a bigger gas input than these 5.5kW:
Rinnai RB-72G / Rinnai RB-72S

Basic gas stove is around 3.6kW
Entry level rinnai hob about 3.7kW
Midrange rinnai 2-burner hob 4.5kW

A three burner hob will likely be too cute in terms of flame power and cramped.

Else it might be more practical to go with 2 (or 3) units of the standalone stove, spaced out, for triple maximum simultaneous wok hei possible.
QUOTE(zero5177 @ Feb 18 2021, 11:06 AM)
Your 450mm pot may benefit from big diameter stove, I can think of Senz Tri-ring burner that have output of 6.4kw, its really huge.
But it is not practically spaced out with hob size of just 710mm

Maybe you need a standalone gas hob to cater your needs, 450mm is really huge for double burner, I think the large one only about 900 width

With Pot size 450mm U may even consider some commercial used high pressure gas stove for better firepower, those definitely can give you some wok hei
Thanks for the advise and recommendatio.
Previously was using the two big pot and pan on the current hob, the space are just nice but heat are insufficient.

Currently using a charcoal/clay stove for boiling a big pot of soup, as the outcome of the soup are totally different.

Just measure the current pot & pan
The pan surface are 41.5cm, with handle 54cm
Aluminium pot are ~38cm, with handle 41cm
The current Electrolux hob, Center to Center between burners are 51cm apart with 90cm total lenght.

Thought of replacing the old charcoal stove to a good hob for the big pot and pan.

What are the lenght from center to center burners for this GAG86210?
QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 18 2021, 06:50 PM)
if two 450mm = 900mm already. i dont think u really need two 450mm. Pan usually 300mm only.
Kitchen hood by standard is 900mm, so hob usually is smaller or max 900mm. putting two 450mm is hard to get. standard wok at home 400mm+- and pan 300mm+- so total 700mm only.

Fotile GAG 86210 would b a good choice, efficiency more than 60% and tested to b stronger than many brands rated 5.5kW

However, if u really have a 450mm wok those really restaurant big wok and u need super strong flame then may b buying two standalone hob, rinnai commercial hob super powerful. However this is overkill for many homecooks, i m using old fotile model rated 3.8kW and it is actually very powerful for me d, latest model 4.85 to 5kW lagi power. Btw dont 100% trust kW spec as many low end brand overstate their kW to make them look powerful

https://www.rinnai.com.my/product/commercia...cooker/rtl-35k/
zero5177
post Feb 19 2021, 03:38 PM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,357 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 19 2021, 01:51 AM)

Senz Tri-ring burner quite impressive with output of 6.4kw but don't think it will fit in.
Previously was using the two big pot and pan on the current hob, the space are just nice but heat are insufficient.

Currently using a charcoal/clay stove for boiling a big pot of soup, as the outcome of the soup are totally different.

The current Electrolux hob, Center to Center between burners are 51cm apart with 90cm total lenght.

Thought of replacing the old charcoal stove to a good hob for the big pot and pan.

With pot size like that If I were you, I will not take width size 76cm-ish width hob like the RB-72 sure will be very packed or hard to fit 2 big pot or mixture of a pan.

The GAG86210 is very spaced away making use of the long width it have, but actual number you need zheilwane help.
TSzheilwane
post Feb 20 2021, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 19 2021, 01:51 AM)

gag86210 center burner to center burner 55cm. If need help on actual measurements or other info that u cant find online, feel free to whatsapp 0166680362 me for quicker response

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 20 2021, 09:21 AM
Oasis64
post Feb 21 2021, 10:27 PM

2 posts

Hi @zheilwane, may I know which hood to buy. My kitchen can only use slim hood, and recirculation type. I have 1 gas stove only. Budget about RM500-1k. Thank you
fruitie
post Feb 22 2021, 02:07 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

Unfortunately I cannot install ventilated hood because it’s an apartment and MO doesn’t allow any hacking to the wall. So I’m only left with recirculating hood option. I don’t cook in fact maybe just instant noodle laugh.gif but thinking to get one as my mom will come to my house once a while to cook. I was told it’s not as effective as ventilated hood? I just need one which doesn’t make my place smelly and oily, with good suction and lesser noise? I will have one induction cooker. I’m very new to this and I am looking for something which looks nice for a minimalist kitchen cabinet design. Budget around 1k (lower than 1k is preferable), any suggestion for a newbie like me? I will just pick one based on your recommendation(s) and buy it as I trust you all are more experienced than me. laugh.gif Thanks in advance!
biggie
post Feb 22 2021, 06:36 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

How easy it is to replace a gas hob diy? The battery case on the current hob broke and find that the bottom part already rusty (10 yr hob).

Can I just pop the hob from the cabinet and DIY or shall I call installer?
TSzheilwane
post Feb 22 2021, 09:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(biggie @ Feb 22 2021, 06:36 AM)
How easy it is to replace a gas hob diy? The battery case on the current hob broke and find that the bottom part already rusty (10 yr hob).

Can I just pop the hob from the cabinet and DIY or shall I call installer?
u can just lift up the hob, measure the current hole on the table in "mm" then google online which 1 suitable
best bet on brands with flexi cut out. Ez to do, no need installer

1. rinnai
2. fotile
3. livinox
4. electrolux

and may b more brands

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 22 2021, 09:19 PM
TSzheilwane
post Feb 22 2021, 09:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 22 2021, 02:07 AM)
Unfortunately I cannot install ventilated hood because it’s an apartment and MO doesn’t allow any hacking to the wall. So I’m only left with recirculating hood option. I don’t cook in fact maybe just instant noodle laugh.gif but thinking to get one as my mom will come to my house once a while to cook. I was told it’s not as effective as ventilated hood? I just need one which doesn’t make my place smelly and oily, with good suction and lesser noise? I will have one induction cooker. I’m very new to this and I am looking for something which looks nice for a minimalist kitchen cabinet design. Budget around 1k (lower than 1k is preferable), any suggestion for a newbie like me? I will just pick one based on your recommendation(s) and buy it as I trust you all are more experienced than me. laugh.gif Thanks in advance!
"doesn’t make my place smelly and oily, with good suction and lesser noise?"

Just to be frank, even using a ducted hood will have smell, depending what u r cooking. Anything with HIGH suction will be noisy and anything with very high suction will reduce the effectiveness of odor filtration by the charcoal filter (too fast, not enough time to filter).

So my opinion, for an effective performance recycle hood = FOTILE EMS9021r with a balance of noise, suction power, odor reduction, maintenance and quality (price ard RM2k)

For minimalist design and less than 1k (dont really need too much performance), SENZ SZ-CH1288RC-B.

I dont sell senz but i think that fits your criteria. Saw it for RM 900 in shopee.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 22 2021, 09:29 PM
fruitie
post Feb 23 2021, 02:16 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 22 2021, 09:28 PM)
"doesn’t make my place smelly and oily, with good suction and lesser noise?"

Just to be frank, even using a ducted hood will have smell, depending what u r cooking. Anything with HIGH suction will be noisy and anything with very high suction will reduce the effectiveness of odor filtration by the charcoal filter (too fast, not enough time to filter).

So my opinion, for an effective performance recycle hood = FOTILE EMS9021r with a balance of noise, suction power, odor reduction, maintenance and quality (price ard RM2k)

For minimalist design and less than 1k (dont really need too much performance), SENZ SZ-CH1288RC-B.

I dont sell senz but i think that fits your criteria. Saw it for RM 900 in shopee.
Got it! I will look into your recommendation. Thanks!
biggie
post Feb 23 2021, 07:11 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 22 2021, 09:18 PM)
u can just lift up the hob, measure the current hole on the table in "mm" then google online which 1 suitable
best bet on brands with flexi cut out. Ez to do, no need installer
1. rinnai
2. fotile
3. livinox
4. electrolux

and may b more brands
Thanks just ordered. Looking for a diy time soon
senscents
post Feb 23 2021, 08:51 PM

Casual
405 posts

What are the different between flexible cut-out size and non flexible cut-out size?
Are the glass base thicker or of better material?

Say if I purchase a 860mmL hob, then a few years later there are a better/higher efficiency hob from a different or same brand that require a bigger cut-out size. 🤔

Assume I've Fotile GAG86210 then later change to Electrolux EGT9229CK.
Can I have a bigger cut-out size of 833mm × 471mm (for Electrolux) ?
Will a bigger hole (cut-out size) support the weight of both big and heavy pot and pan for cooking?
TSzheilwane
post Feb 23 2021, 09:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 23 2021, 08:51 PM)
What are the different between flexible cut-out size and non flexible cut-out size?
Are the glass base thicker or of better material?

Say if I purchase a 860mmL hob, then a few years later there are a better/higher efficiency hob from a different or same brand that require a bigger cut-out size. 🤔

Assume I've Fotile GAG86210 then later change to Electrolux EGT9229CK.
Can I have a bigger cut-out size of 833mm × 471mm (for Electrolux) ?
Will a bigger hole (cut-out size) support the weight of both big and heavy pot and pan for cooking?
if u r making a new hole then any hob will do, but if u r looking for replacement then u need to look for flexi size.

Why r they FLEXI? the bottom of the hob got free space and supported by metal frame while FIXED cut out not much free space, burners are max furthers apart each other so no more free space.

EG : A hob with 86cm fixed (burners distance may b ard 44cm center to center) but if it is a 860mm flex hob, then burners might b 40 - 42cm only, so u have more free space left and right)

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 23 2021, 09:53 PM
senscents
post Feb 23 2021, 10:37 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 23 2021, 09:52 PM)
if u r making a new hole then any hob will do, but if u r looking for replacement then u need to look for flexi size.

Why r they FLEXI? the bottom of the hob got free space and supported by metal frame while FIXED cut out not much free space, burners are max furthers apart each other so no more free space.

EG : A hob with 86cm fixed (burners distance may b ard 44cm center to center) but if it is a 860mm flex hob, then burners might b 40 - 42cm only, so u have more free space left and right)
Thanks for clarifying on the flexible cut-out size and non flexible cut-out size.

Will be looking for the max space between burners and high heating efficiency so I will be searching for a fixed cut-out size, that seems to have a bigger Center to Center space.
senscents
post Feb 23 2021, 10:39 PM

Casual
405 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 23 2021, 09:52 PM)

Say if I purchase a NEW 860mmL hob, then a few years later there are a better/higher efficiency hob of 900mmL from a different or same brand that require a bigger cut-out size. 🤔

1) Can I have a bigger cut-out size to accommodate future upgrade?

2) Will a bigger hole (cut-out size) support the weight of both big and heavy pot and pan for cooking?
TSzheilwane
post Feb 24 2021, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Feb 23 2021, 10:37 PM)
Thanks for clarifying on the flexible cut-out size and non flexible cut-out size.

Will be looking for the max space between burners and high heating efficiency so I will be searching for a fixed cut-out size, that seems to have a bigger Center to Center space.
YUP smile.gif

For those who wanna know more about flexi hob vs fixed hob, i jus recorded a video here to show

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 24 2021, 03:06 PM

203 Pages « < 162 163 164 165 166 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0418sec    0.35    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM