Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PLUS Untung Bersih RM2.5 Bilion : 61%)., KESAS? 121%!! Syarikat Untung, Rakyat? News

views

panz3l
post Dec 26 2013, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Artus @ Dec 26 2013, 11:38 PM)
Serdang is not KL. Sunway and Subang is not KL.

Alternatives are there so you pay if you want to use highway. That's fair. But if you live too far away, then cannot escape paying toll at all.

As far as I know there are only 1 toll in KL - the Smart Tunnel. AFAIK the rest are gone already - Jalan Kuching, Jalan Cheras and Jalan Pahang.
err MEX can go to KL as well. If you stay at KL you not gonna go to other part of klang valley?
IluvProton
post Dec 26 2013, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

meanwhile still increase price.

thx bijan
idoblu
post Dec 26 2013, 11:44 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Now you know why there are more toll ways than LRT/MRT/Public transport
Sell more protons. Collect more tolls. Everything is as planned.
Artus
post Dec 26 2013, 11:44 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(FatalitY @ Dec 26 2013, 03:02 PM)
It is silly. But still, the point is...where the fcking money go to? That is what the bloody half botak Najis can't answer. Cuz his fut butt wife takes it for her berkin collection. If u cut the subidy little by little, that should indirectly mean more money for the govt to improve on things. But what is improved? Price of electricity still goes up, Proton still makes crappy cars made of plastic that even the mineral water bottles look like its made of metal, R&D lab to do a research on our income??? To be honest, even in games they don't have a research called "Citizen's income research".

Having import cars taxed to double its price? Fine, if you wanna play "I wanna protect our own product", then tell me, where did the fundings go to? Why the fck still produce plastic cars? Get the points I am infuriated about? I care nuts if they increase the petrol to RM10/litre. I'll use public transport, which brings to the next question....are our public transport any better? Yet they still wanna increase the price of tickets.

Where did the money go?
Where the money has gone to? That is a very nice question that politicians like to use and the typical man on street would like that too. But for me, its very easy to see where at least has some of the money gone to.

Maybe you are too blind to see but do you see hell a lot of digging going on?

Artus
post Dec 26 2013, 11:46 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(panz3l @ Dec 26 2013, 11:41 PM)
err MEX can go to KL as well. If you stay at KL you not gonna go to other part of klang valley?
If I live in KL, work in KL, shop in KL, dine in KL, go to school in KL, pay what toll?

Artus
post Dec 26 2013, 11:56 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

Thinking about it, there are some more toll gates left in KL - the Duke Highway and the Ampang Elevated highway. Both are totally optional and are meant to serve non-KL commuters.

ironboy
post Dec 27 2013, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
158 posts

Gunalah helicopter kalau tak nak bayar toll~ rclxub.gif

user posted image

Improve Your Health Quality
[F]atalit[Y]
post Dec 27 2013, 12:24 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(Artus @ Dec 26 2013, 11:44 PM)
Where the money has gone to? That is a very nice question that politicians like to use and the typical man on street would like that too. But for me, its very easy to see where at least has some of the money gone to.

Ya...but is it even helping us? If you think I am blind, then you are also referring to the other 3/4 of Malaysians asking ambil Rm10, tapi bagi balik 1 sen. Mana RM9.99?
dadurtyz
post Dec 27 2013, 12:38 AM

On my way
658 posts

Did profit go for amortized?
prophetjul
post Dec 27 2013, 08:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

QUOTE(Toyoi @ Dec 26 2013, 04:22 PM)
It’s a Long Road
Malaysia Today, Thursday, 27 August 2009

It was not until Samy Vellu’s inadvertent revelation in Parliament that it was known that the four trustees of Hatibudi Sdn Bhd were (drum roll please) Mahathir Mohamad (PM), Ghaffar Baba (DPM), Daim Zainuddin (Finance Minister) and Sanusi Junid (Agricultural Minister and UMNO Secretary General).

By Hakim Joe

Would anyone sensible award a multi-billion Ringgit mega-contract for the building of a 512 kilometer highway to an engineering cum construction firm that has zero experience in the construction of highways and has never built an inch of it?

Would anyone sensible choose this company over two other local companies that had bids lower than “the chosen one”?

Would anyone sensible choose a company that has such a poor record (of other constructions like the infamous collapse of the Northam Court in Penang) that it was suspended by the KLSE and had accumulated RM90 million in operating losses between 1981 and 1985 over two financially sound companies?

Would anyone sensible award this mega-contract to a company that is almost insolvent (stocks suspended at 30 sen) that the body that is awarding the contract also needs to provide part of the capital, stand guarantee for the remaining commercial loans that is taken and provide a written guarantee of profitability when the other two competing companies did not seek such extreme financial assurances?

Would anyone sensible award this mega-contract to a company and then grant them “Pioneer Status” so that this company will be exempted from taxes for the next 10 years?

Well this someone did all the insensible things above. Not only was the multi-billion Ringgit highway mega-contract awarded to this “zero-experience highway builder” over other experienced highway builders, this someone also had to cough out the initial “almost-interest-free” capital plus stand as guarantor over the massive billion Ringgit loans this “KLSE suspended public company” would have to take in order to complete this mega-project. Additionally, this someone also had to provide written guarantees that the “poor-record-construction-company” would not lose one sen in this venture. To cap it all off, this company is exempted from taxes for the next ten years and the proposed 25 years concession period is extended to 30 years.

Let’s start from the beginning.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image
WoW!
panz3l
post Dec 27 2013, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Artus @ Dec 26 2013, 11:46 PM)
If I live in KL, work in KL, shop in KL, dine in KL, go to school in KL, pay what toll?
so you're not living in KL. not everyone is foreveralone never visit their family/ friends around klang valley. and for working purpose, it's normal to travel to different places for meeting and etc.
PhakFuhZai
post Dec 27 2013, 10:32 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(Artus @ Dec 26 2013, 11:44 PM)

kenot brain this statement

too much <removed> courtesy of Najib?
empyreal
post Dec 27 2013, 10:36 AM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,967 posts

QUOTE(FatalitY @ Dec 27 2013, 12:24 AM)
Ya...but is it even helping us? If you think I am blind, then you are also referring to the other 3/4 of Malaysians asking ambil Rm10, tapi bagi balik 1 sen. Mana RM9.99?
more than 3/4 of malaysians dont pay any (income) taxes (including housewives, old folks, kids, etc) and i think the point he was making that taxes pay towards the services the taxpayers and the above non-taxpayers use (roads, healthcare, schools, etc).

if you 'pay 10rm, and get back 10rm' the poor, the old, the sick and the young can just slit their own throats lol
PhakFuhZai
post Dec 27 2013, 10:37 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(Artus @ Dec 26 2013, 11:46 PM)
bear in mind that PJ, Puchong, Damansara, etc are located outskirt of KL, all of them are supporting the economic activities in KL to a great extent

I see that you imply that those non-KL folks deserve to pay expensive tolls because they are too stupid to buy properties in outskirt area, isn't it?

you left out that some of the LEKAS tolls is in KL region
PhakFuhZai
post Dec 27 2013, 10:40 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(empyreal @ Dec 27 2013, 10:36 AM)
more than 3/4 of malaysians dont pay any (income) taxes (including housewives, old folks, kids, etc) and i think the point he was making that taxes pay towards the services the taxpayers and the above non-taxpayers use (roads, healthcare, schools, etc).

if you 'pay 10rm, and get back 10rm' the poor, the old, the sick and the young can just slit their own throats lol
fact is most underprivileged group do not get the assistance they are supposed to get from the government allocation which in turn were from taxpayers money

eg there isn't many facilities made for the disabled around the streets in the country

This post has been edited by PhakFuhZai: Dec 27 2013, 10:40 AM
[F]atalit[Y]
post Dec 27 2013, 10:43 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(empyreal @ Dec 27 2013, 10:36 AM)

I'd say govt tax is also tax..ok la...small amount but it still builds up. I get his point, but honestly, if these donkey assed govt can slurge so much and then declare bankrupt every 2 years or tell us "kita rugi", it shows that they have bad financial planning and they only spend on their own.

Not to say I expect RM10 back, but hey...we all understand we also want to cari makan...but you as appointed leader to grow the nation, do your bloody job and dont think we pay you to live up there like a king. Give you a metre but you rob a continent from us.
Artus
post Dec 27 2013, 10:44 AM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(panz3l @ Dec 27 2013, 10:29 AM)
so you're not living in KL. not everyone is foreveralone never visit their family/ friends around klang valley. and for working purpose, it's normal to travel to different places for meeting and etc.
Only daily routines matter, the occasional toll paying (such as once a month) doesn't matter.
empyreal
post Dec 27 2013, 10:46 AM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,967 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Dec 27 2013, 10:40 AM)
fact is most underprivileged group do not get the assistance they are supposed to get from the government allocation which in turn were from taxpayers money

eg there isn't many facilities made for the disabled around the streets in the country
i would agree that they're not getting enough, but i disagree when you say 'most underprivileged' because under the silly subsidy system EVERYONE gets it (including, and especially, the rich who benefit a lot more from non-qualified subsidies).

that's why you take the flat subsidies and channel them to deserving ones. even if you argue "oh, leave the flat subsidies and give additional subs to the poorer people" you cant argue that its fair that the middle class (and the poor through indirect taxes) are subsidising the rich.
Artus
post Dec 27 2013, 10:50 AM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Dec 27 2013, 10:37 AM)
bear in mind that PJ, Puchong, Damansara, etc are located outskirt of KL, all of them are supporting the economic activities in KL to a great extent

I see that you imply that those non-KL folks deserve to pay expensive tolls because they are too stupid to buy properties in outskirt area, isn't it?

you left out that some of the LEKAS tolls is in KL region
The over-subsidy of fuel prices for decades had distorted our sense of distance, so many people make the mistake of buying "cheap" far away but in the long run would have to suffer. This is the price many would have to pay for failing to see thing clearly.
PhakFuhZai
post Dec 27 2013, 10:50 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(empyreal @ Dec 27 2013, 10:46 AM)
i would agree that they're not getting enough, but i disagree when you say 'most underprivileged' because under the silly subsidy system EVERYONE gets it (including, and especially, the rich who benefit a lot more from non-qualified subsidies).

that's why you take the flat subsidies and channel them to deserving ones. even if you argue "oh, leave the flat subsidies and give additional subs to the poorer people" you cant argue that its fair that the middle class (and the poor through indirect taxes) are subsidising the rich.
hmm.. subsidies belong to a different topic

this thread is about the toll hikes and gigantic revenue in major toll concessionaires

7 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:37 PM