Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware RCA long run, how far can i go?

views

TSjoefbi
post Dec 24 2013, 08:51 PM, updated 11y ago

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

Hi..i plan to run RCA cable near to 90 feet long from living room to the kitchen..its connect my astro byond at living room to the 2nd tvs(normal flat monitor tv)..is it possible to do without major problem e.g signal lost? Any idea?
lex
post Dec 24 2013, 09:31 PM

Old Am I?
Group Icon
VIP
18,182 posts

QUOTE(joefbi @ Dec 24 2013, 08:51 PM)
Hi..i plan to run RCA cable near to 90 feet long from living room to the kitchen..its connect my astro byond at living room to the 2nd tvs(normal flat monitor tv)..is it possible to do without major problem e.g signal lost? Any idea?
Depends on the quality of the cable itself. Thicker is better, preferably shielded like those coaxial cables. Is this cable carrying video signals? You have to try out and see, though I would expect some loss of picture quality (reduction of sharp details, less brighter image, a bit of "snow", etc)... hmm.gif

neb
post Dec 24 2013, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

joefbi
if your byond is activated for HD service, can use HDMI splitter over cat5e/cat6 networking cable
user posted imageuser posted image

if no HD service then have to use analog signal, use RG-6 coaxial cable (like astro sattelite dish cable) for long haul connection, may need audio+video distribution amplifier (used in hotel rooms) if got signal degradation problem
user posted image

This post has been edited by neb: Dec 24 2013, 10:17 PM
TSjoefbi
post Dec 25 2013, 08:31 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

i have read some infos over the internet that suggest to use coax cable
becoz they have low resistance with good insulation...i may try out that..

yes, this cable carry video and audio signal as RCA white, red and yellow type..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:37 PM