Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How police catch facebookers or bloggers?

views

haturaya
post Feb 6 2021, 08:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

Digital trail is everywhere... CCTV, IP address, access logs, mobile cellular records, plenty.

It's just a matter of connecting it together.
meow2
post Feb 6 2021, 08:14 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

QUOTE(DefxZ @ Feb 6 2021, 08:05 PM)
this is what I thought, people can use a public wifi + vpn and use laptop/device that is not theirs and maybe just burn the laptop after all is done tongue.gif
it unnecessary to burn your laptop/device, that is too extreme biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
instead to replicate the idea of burning away your hardware, you could instead use Tails OS
VPN is not a good suggestion, TOR probably a better option which already built-in by default in Tails OS

https://tails.boum.org/
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 6 2021, 09:57 PM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,459 posts

QUOTE(meow2 @ Feb 6 2021, 08:14 PM)
it unnecessary to burn your laptop/device, that is too extreme  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
instead to replicate the idea of burning away your hardware, you could instead use Tails OS
VPN is not a good suggestion, TOR probably a better option which already built-in by default in Tails OS

https://tails.boum.org/
QUOTE(9m2w @ Feb 6 2021, 11:01 AM)
You hit the nail here with how a VPN or a burner account won't save your ass.

This could be a case of device fingerprinting via the browser. Yeah FB won't simply comply but when they do for sure they gonna hand everything over to the police. IP address is just one identifier that can identify a specific device that can be linked to a user. If you've used that device before for your main account but think you're smart by using a VPN and another account think again

Just take a look at the amount of identifiers available 😂

https://amiunique.org/

So even for dupes in LYN. You can use a VPN but if you've logged in before here with your primary account, adios. So if you're gonna cool story scam get a burner device first.
+1

try this one

https://brax.me/geo/

check out the Wifi Triangulation section

see how accurate it is?

by the way

Several big companies such as Google and Apple maintain WiFi positioning databases

so...................

feels like enemy of the state movie all over again

This post has been edited by JimbeamofNRT: Feb 6 2021, 10:31 PM
Maria Takagi
post Feb 6 2021, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(Momo33 @ Feb 6 2021, 03:36 PM)
the cafe  have user /pc records  right  . 
if no records  then  OK....
but i am sure the police will visit the cafe  and give instructions .
so really  there is no escape ..  especially  if  located in Msia.
You put fake name lah
Crovoseas
post Feb 6 2021, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(Band-Pass filter @ Dec 20 2013, 03:55 PM)
usually home using dynamic IP which changes everytime modem reboot? how do they trace actually
How often you reboot your modem? Mine I think few months back. Probably they match datetime with isp's logs and filter the list.
meow2
post Feb 6 2021, 11:28 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 6 2021, 09:57 PM)
+1

try this one

https://brax.me/geo/

check out the Wifi Triangulation section

see how accurate it is?
by the way

Several big companies such as Google and Apple maintain WiFi positioning databases

so...................

feels like enemy of the state movie all over again
to defeat wifi triangulation, simply disable wifi scanning in android 10.
also i disable microphone permission for any apps that doesn't need the use of microphone, u know ultrasonic tracking is a new thing that could potentially leak my identity among all my other devices

i am using LineageOS, so I dont use any Google products & I don't use Facebook, Whatsapp & IG on my phone, i don't have any social media apps installed on my phone, if i ever want to use any of these services, I would use the web version where I only logged in using my laptop via virtual machine, strictly not on my phone.

however, I use Whatsapp on Android-x86 as a virtual machine on my laptop.

honestly, I wasn't really paranoid about my privacy but rather simply want to have a clean & lightweight system thats not going to drain the battery
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 6 2021, 11:37 PM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,459 posts

QUOTE(meow2 @ Feb 6 2021, 11:28 PM)
to defeat wifi triangulation, simply disable wifi scanning in android 10.
also i disable microphone permission for any apps that doesn't need the use of microphone, u know ultrasonic tracking is a new thing that could potentially leak my identity among all my other devices

i am using LineageOS, so I dont use any Google products & I don't use Facebook, Whatsapp & IG on my phone, i don't have any social media apps installed on my phone, if i ever want to use any of these services, I would use the web version where I only logged in using my laptop via virtual machine, strictly not on my phone.

however, I use Whatsapp on Android-x86 as a virtual machine on my laptop.

honestly, I wasn't really paranoid about my privacy but rather simply want to have a clean & lightweight system thats not going to drain the battery
the moment you log in to their site, they already recognized you
meow2
post Feb 6 2021, 11:40 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 6 2021, 11:37 PM)
the moment you log in to their site, they already recognized you
that is when pseudo-anonymity come into play bruce.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:15 PM