Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health All About Air Purifier, Info, Reviews, Comments etc

views

malaysianPotato
post Jun 28 2006, 10:06 PM

I need more space to write stuff here...
Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

i use a sharp fu-60se and have found that it does effectively clean air and trap dust pretty well, havent tried other brands before, but i have 3 fu-60se's throughout my house, works pretty well even in large rooms. you do have to do some simple cleaning of the filters every few months though, no problems running it 24/7 for several months on stretch.

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Jun 28 2006, 10:08 PM
malaysianPotato
post Jun 29 2006, 10:05 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

not sure if the filters can be replaced, it doesnt come with a spare and is not supposed to need replacement.

it cost me around RM8-900 when i bought it, i think prices have gone down. not sure if the model is still available.

mine can be pretty loud at maximum fan settings, but at minumum/medium settings its no louder than the average ceiling fan.
malaysianPotato
post Jun 29 2006, 11:23 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

well the one i got works pretty well, during the recent haze, it cleaned the air pretty well removing the smokey smell and cleared the stuffyness with ease.

i got 3, so yeah, i think it works. it also helps to keep the place cool by acting as a fan.
malaysianPotato
post Jun 30 2006, 12:09 AM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

i bought mine at RM8-900, it helps keep the area cool by increasing air circulation, the same way a fan does it. i'm not sure if the model is still in production since its no longer on the sharp official website, but iirc the newer models should perform as well if not better.
malaysianPotato
post Jun 30 2006, 12:32 AM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

worth or not ah... well i consider it to be worth it as a long term health investment. there are probably newer models that are cheaper that perform just aswell, look around.
malaysianPotato
post Jul 1 2006, 12:34 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

a purifier both ionizes and further purifies by running the air through a filter, it will more efficiently and thoroughly clean air and it blows air out at a relatively high pressure creating a "fan" effect which helps in keeping air circulated thus cooling the room(one of the main reasons i bought mine... malaysia is hot).

which ever best suits your budget would be the one which is best for you i guess.
malaysianPotato
post Jul 2 2006, 01:12 AM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

QUOTE(btfan @ Jul 2 2006, 12:56 AM)
But the sharp fu-60se only filter the air and doesn't have the ionizer function� sweat.gif
I think most air purifier which filter the air by suction doesn't have such function as well.
my fu-60se has an ionizer... a direct copy from the manual says " features, cluster ion balance control: the unit controls the ratio of negative and positive cluser ions depending in the condition of the room.

Ion control mode: it is said that plenty of negative cluster ions exist in places such as waterfalls or forests in natural enviroment. in this operation mode, negative cluster ions will be released in an increased rate, in order to bring the room atmosphere close to this condition

auto cluster ion mode: the unit will switch between clean mode and ion control mode automatically depending on the amount of pollution in the air detected by the dust and odor sensor"

so yeah, it has an ionizer, iirc they call it an ion plasma cluster.

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Jul 2 2006, 01:14 AM
malaysianPotato
post Jul 4 2006, 05:03 PM

Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

it should be safe, its only releasing ions into the air, not like its spraying steam or moisture into the air, that would be bad.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0334sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:22 PM