Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

204 Pages « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Your Home Theater Setup.. v2, Let's share..

views

ktek
post Sep 25 2021, 06:01 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

avr adjust lip sync ms. very simple
ktek
post Sep 25 2021, 06:07 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

since u got all good equipment there.
why not u connect all possibility baru discuss here.

we dont even know ur tv is which version of 4k

This post has been edited by ktek: Sep 25 2021, 06:08 AM
anon118
post Sep 26 2021, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Just have a question, looking for some help. I think this should be the correct place to ask.

Have a DVD player. It doesn't use the HDMI cable. So, I cannot connect it to my TV. So, that DVD player has been lying around. Suddenly saw this thread thought I can ask... smile.gif

Question 2- Have always wanted to buy a sound bar. The reason is whenever we watch something, the dialogue is always very soft. So we turn up the volume. But then all the other action sounds are too loud. So now I have recently learned that there can be "soundbar for dialogues".

Any experience Sifu share their experience and thoughts please?

Thank you in advance...
sonerin
post Sep 26 2021, 05:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

QUOTE(GuyB @ Sep 25 2021, 02:37 AM)
My question is, will the quality suffer because the signal goes thru a non 4K AVR? Or will the difference be negligible?

My Sony Blu-Ray 4K player does have 2 HDMI outputs. One for video and one audio. But now I'm just using the  one into the AVR that handles both video and audio. If I use one HDMI2.0 straight to TV, and the other to AVR, won't the synchronisation be a little off?
It won’t be off
ktek
post Sep 26 2021, 06:51 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(anon118 @ Sep 26 2021, 04:39 PM)
Just have a question, looking for some help. I think this should be the correct place to ask.

Have a DVD player. It doesn't use the HDMI cable. So, I cannot connect it to my TV. So, that DVD player has been lying around. Suddenly saw this thread thought I can ask... smile.gif

Question 2- Have always wanted to buy a sound bar. The reason is whenever we watch something, the dialogue is always very soft. So we turn up the volume. But then all the other action sounds are too loud. So now I have recently learned that there can be "soundbar for dialogues".

Thank you in advance...
1. buy rca to hdmi (must follow direction. not backward)
laz soppe got many. usually require a power plug
2. download movie ah. prolly movie got 5.1 surround codec. voice remove from front channel.

ur video player/ app open sound function. look for mixer disable any dolby dts 5.1 7.1
all of them will be down mixed to stereo = correct volume
kkthen
post Sep 27 2021, 12:48 PM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(GuyB @ Sep 25 2021, 02:37 AM)
My question is, will the quality suffer because the signal goes thru a non 4K AVR? Or will the difference be negligible?

My Sony Blu-Ray 4K player does have 2 HDMI outputs. One for video and one audio. But now I'm just using the  one into the AVR that handles both video and audio. If I use one HDMI2.0 straight to TV, and the other to AVR, won't the synchronisation be a little off?
Actually best connection is separate output. Video hdmi output send Pure video signal without audio to TV , another Audio Hdmi ouput send pure audio signal without video to AVR.
This way you get better video quality & better audio quality compare to single hdmi output.

This post has been edited by kkthen: Sep 27 2021, 12:57 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
voscar
post Sep 27 2021, 07:38 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

Thank you in advance...
Q2 referring to current TV sound? If yes try search if your TV have Intelligent Volume (Sony) or Loudness Equalization or some other term, turn on that feature helps.
Skylinestar
post Sep 28 2021, 07:07 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,092 posts

Have always wanted to buy a sound bar. The reason is whenever we watch something, the dialogue is always very soft. So we turn up the volume. But then all the other action sounds are too loud. So now I have recently learned that there can be "soundbar for dialogues".

Thank you in advance...
what you are experiencing is common if you watch a movie with 5.1 audio (or any surround audio) on a stereo speaker setup. 5.1 downmixed to 2.0 will create this mess.
kevinlim001
post Sep 29 2021, 08:32 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

Thank you in advance...
what are the something that you are watching? Does that include youtube/normal tv channel? try to play around with your tv equalizer if u havent... bring those bar in the middle a few decibel more and see if that fix your problem before u invest on soundbar..

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Sep 29 2021, 05:27 PM
aliluya
post Nov 8 2021, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

hey all audiophiles, i had a 5.1 ch setup with receiver at home with a sub. All BD player, Xbox, and tvbox connect to Receiver than receiver connect to TV. all on hdmi cable.

Playing BD via Bluray player and Xbox so far the sub is working nicely with the bass. but for Tvbox (unblock) connect via HDMI to receiver, the sub is not working. my question is:
1. is it becuase tvbox movie file don't have bass like BD file.
2. or is it i need to add in some extra stuff e.g converter etc..to have the sub produce bass?

thank you and apology if this is noob questions
kevinlim001
post Nov 8 2021, 03:56 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(aliluya @ Nov 8 2021, 03:44 PM)
hey all audiophiles, i had a 5.1 ch setup with receiver at home with a sub. All BD player, Xbox, and tvbox connect to Receiver than receiver connect to TV. all on hdmi cable.

Playing BD via Bluray player and Xbox so far the sub is working nicely with the bass. but for Tvbox (unblock) connect via HDMI to receiver, the sub is not working. my question is:
1. is it becuase tvbox movie file don't have bass like BD file.
2. or is it i need to add in some extra stuff e.g converter etc..to have the sub produce bass?

thank you and apology if this is noob questions
what kind of upmixing that you are selecting on ur receiver when u play for TVbox Dolby PL? DTS Neo? what kind of AVR u r using? unlike BD playback.. TVBox normally runs stereo so no LFE signal/minimal LFE will be send from AVR to your active sub. I suspect that will be the case.. but need to how more about ur setup and the playing upmixing from tvbox.

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Nov 8 2021, 04:14 PM
aliluya
post Nov 8 2021, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Nov 8 2021, 03:56 PM)
what kind of upmixing that you are selecting on ur receiver when u play for TVbox Dolby PL? DTS Neo? what kind of AVR u r using? unlike BD playback.. TVBox normally runs stereo so no LFE signal/minimal LFE will be send from AVR to your active sub. I suspect that will be the case.. but need to how more about ur setup and the playing upmixing from tvbox.
alright. let me share abit on my simple setup.

1. Pioneer amp/receiver
2. Jamo speakers x 5 with anoteh jamo subwoofer
3. Connection from Unblock tvbox to amp is hdmi.
4. then TV connect to Amp via HDMI

the upmixing or selection - i had tried all such as: DTS neo, prologic, advance surround, FS surround focus...and many more...but i actually not sure what they meant la. So far none activating the subwoofer. so maybe is the TVbox file is not meant with 5.1ch audio i believe?

ktek
post Nov 8 2021, 05:07 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

hdmi connection no problem.
im not sure pioneer remote can press DISPLAY he will show signal type from tvbox.
mostly cheap tvbox has no surround codecs. so avr will using subwoofer if your setup front channel=small.
large wont be using subwoofer.
aliluya
post Nov 8 2021, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Nov 8 2021, 05:07 PM)
hdmi connection no problem.
im not sure pioneer remote can press DISPLAY he will show signal type from tvbox.
mostly cheap tvbox has no surround codecs. so avr will using subwoofer if your setup front channel=small.
large wont be using subwoofer.
am using unblock ProS TVbox gen7. i think maybe because of the tvbox. but just curious to know if anyone setup differently or additional gadget i missed out.
ktek
post Nov 8 2021, 09:17 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(aliluya @ Nov 8 2021, 08:32 PM)
am using unblock ProS TVbox gen7. i think maybe because of the tvbox. but just curious to know if anyone setup differently or additional gadget i missed out.
tvbox no problem man. is the pioneer avr need to change front channel= small
kevinlim001
post Nov 9 2021, 08:00 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(aliluya @ Nov 8 2021, 04:41 PM)
alright. let me share abit on my simple setup.

1. Pioneer amp/receiver
2. Jamo speakers x 5 with anoteh jamo subwoofer
3. Connection from Unblock tvbox to amp is hdmi.
4. then TV connect to Amp via HDMI

the upmixing or selection - i had tried all such as: DTS neo, prologic, advance surround, FS surround focus...and many more...but i actually not sure what they meant la. So far none activating the subwoofer. so maybe is the TVbox file is not meant with 5.1ch audio i believe?
does your pioneer allows you to check input and output audio channel? by right your input should be 2 front channel but if you are using upmixing like Dolby Prologic it will up mix it to 5.1..
i know denon does give u that info when u press info button but i m not sure about pioneer.

also you can try to set your front speaker to small(not full range) like what shifu had advice. Does your subwoofer really no playing OR its playing too soft? maybe u can crank it louder to check if the sub is playing or not..

aliluya
post Nov 9 2021, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Nov 9 2021, 08:00 AM)
does your pioneer allows you to check input and output audio channel? by right your input should be 2 front channel but if you are using upmixing like Dolby Prologic it will up mix it to 5.1..
i know denon does give u that info when u press info button but i m not sure about pioneer.

also you can try to set your front speaker to small(not full range) like what shifu had advice. Does your subwoofer really no playing OR its playing too soft? maybe u can crank it louder to check if the sub is playing or not..
am abit noob in the setup...what do you guys meant by set front speaker to small? all 5 speakers produce sound when i set other upmixing but only sub not playing, even i turn the sub to "on" rather than "auto".
kkthen
post Nov 10 2021, 09:01 AM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(aliluya @ Nov 9 2021, 09:57 PM)
am abit noob in the setup...what do you guys meant by set front speaker to small? all 5 speakers produce sound when i set other upmixing but only sub not playing, even i turn the sub to "on" rather than "auto".
change all your speaker to small. Menu> speaker > Crossover

This post has been edited by kkthen: Nov 10 2021, 10:08 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
ktek
post Nov 10 2021, 10:16 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Nov 9 2021, 08:00 AM)

denon osd so usefuls. pioneer also got show in front of avr screen.

QUOTE(kkthen @ Nov 10 2021, 09:01 AM)
change all your speaker to small.  Menu> speaker > Crossover
very clears boss
kkthen
post Nov 11 2021, 09:33 AM

On my way
571 posts

I got one question to ask sifu here, especially Minidsp user. Is it audyssey LPF for LFE 120hz so important? My friends blame their av processor don't have this LPF for LFE 120hz setting. This reason make their audio system bass performance become weak, even they are using expensive multi 15" subwoofer. So they try to use the minidsp set up each subwoofer crossover become 120hz to 15hz with 24db/slope. AVR speaker crossover set 80hz. Now they are happy, bass become strong. But I think this method look like they are not bypass their subwoofer internal crossover, even their already bypass with turn the crossover knob to max value.
Is it this method correct way, nothing negative effect? AVR crossover 80hz 12db/slope, minidsp subwoofer output crossover 15 to 120hz 24db/slope.

After, I also find out many brand av processor like pioneer, yamaha , Sony, NAD, lyngdorf & trinnov. They also don't have this LPF for LFE 120hz setting. This setting only appear at marantz or denon which got audyssey tuning technology.

This post has been edited by kkthen: Nov 11 2021, 09:40 AM

204 Pages « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 PM