Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

204 Pages « < 186 187 188 189 190 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Your Home Theater Setup.. v2, Let's share..

views

carnby77
post Mar 26 2021, 03:32 PM

Casual
385 posts

If this sub cannot be salvaged then im thinking of edifier budget sub for the meantime. What are your thoughts?
kevinlim001
post Mar 26 2021, 04:08 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Mar 26 2021, 02:57 PM)
its made of hard wood, has 4 feer to isolate speaker at the bottom.
Im using Onkyo 5.1 receiver. taught of opening up the subwoofer.
No it was fine for 4 years.
most likely is the driver problem d the broken voice coil making the driver imbalance creating rattles at some freq
what is the vol u set on ur sub?
carnby77
post Mar 27 2021, 12:39 AM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Mar 26 2021, 04:08 PM)
most likely is the driver problem d the broken voice coil making the driver imbalance creating rattles at some freq
what is the vol u set on ur sub?
i set it not more than half, now i set it below half, and the rattling stopped but base not ommphhh enough.
kevinlim001
post Mar 27 2021, 04:38 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Mar 27 2021, 12:39 AM)
i set it not more than half, now i set it below half, and the rattling stopped but base not ommphhh enough.
send it to check but yea could be the same problem i experience before. maybe is a reason for you to upgrade
carnby77
post Mar 28 2021, 04:30 AM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Mar 27 2021, 04:38 PM)
send it to check but yea could be the same problem i experience before. maybe is a reason for you to upgrade
Worth it to check? Do they charge for it?

By the way, if my new subwoofer is 75 watts and my receiver can supply 100 watts each channel, should i keep the new subwoofer volume toggle at half?
kevinlim001
post Mar 28 2021, 06:20 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Mar 28 2021, 04:30 AM)

By the way, if my new subwoofer is 75 watts and my receiver can supply 100 watts each channel, should i keep the new subwoofer volume toggle at half?
check normally they dont charge if u dont want to repair it after they quote you you can take back ur unit.. but its good for u to ask them if there's charges for them to check.

not 100% sure about your setup.. but most of our sub is active sub. Its powered by its internal amp. the signal from AVR is only audio signal (LFE) no power. That is why if u see the subwoofer connection is different from the rest of the speakers.
user posted image
in short it works independently.. and require power connection for your sub unlike the rest of ur speakers.

Lastly, the subwoofer volume.. it all down to the calibration with all the speaker when u r doing it with your avr. during calibration you will need to adjust the vol to level match the other speakers.. if its too low your subwoofer might not be detected but during calibration we normally will set it at half and adjust it accordingly..75w T5 might not be suffice if ur listening area is large.
carnby77
post Mar 28 2021, 01:58 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Mar 28 2021, 06:20 AM)
check normally they dont charge if u dont want to repair it after they quote you you can take back ur unit.. but its good for u to ask them if there's charges for them to check.

not 100% sure about your setup.. but most of our sub is active sub. Its powered by its internal amp. the signal from AVR is only audio signal (LFE) no power. That is why if u see the subwoofer connection is different from the rest of the speakers.
user posted image
in short it works independently.. and require power connection for your sub unlike the rest of ur speakers.

Lastly, the subwoofer volume.. it all down to the calibration with all the speaker when u r doing it with your avr. during calibration you will need to adjust the vol to level match the other speakers.. if its too low your subwoofer might not be detected but during calibration we normally will set it at half and adjust it accordingly..75w T5 might not be suffice if ur listening area is large.
Wow, thanks for info. The RCA to sub totally missed my thoughts. So when you adjust the dB in the receiver for the subwoofer you actually increasing the signal strength right? and volume is controlled at the back of the subwoofer?
Mine now have to put 1/4 of the volume else it will rattle. Mine is a 200 watt subwoofer. Did not have the rattling problem ever before and checked the outside of the speaker voice coil, no tear. then it must be the driver thats degrading..must be obe one the transistor ...

p/s : mine is TX-SR333

This post has been edited by carnby77: Mar 28 2021, 01:58 PM
kevinlim001
post Mar 29 2021, 08:09 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Mar 28 2021, 01:58 PM)
Wow, thanks for info. The RCA to sub totally missed my thoughts. So when you adjust the dB in the receiver for the subwoofer you actually increasing the signal strength right? and volume is controlled at the back of the subwoofer?
Mine now have to put 1/4 of the volume else it will rattle. Mine is a 200 watt subwoofer. Did not have the rattling problem ever before and checked the outside of the speaker voice coil, no tear. then it must be the driver thats degrading..must be obe one the transistor ...

p/s : mine is TX-SR333
by right the vol back of the sub is use for the calibration only. Once its calibrated (level matching with other speakers) you can leave it intact. You can add 1 or 2 db post calibration if you want more bass else we wont touch it. The subwoofer vol will be adjusted as u dial up/down the AVR vol. My old svs also do not has the tear that is visible from the diaphragm or suspension but the voice coil is beneath the dust cap which is not visible from external. That's my guess... but better send for professional to check to be sure

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Mar 29 2021, 09:59 AM
carnby77
post Apr 8 2021, 11:10 PM

Casual
385 posts

Guys... My receiver suddenly shutsdown after 2 seconds... Anyone know what problem this is??
sonerin
post Apr 9 2021, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Apr 8 2021, 11:10 PM)
Guys... My receiver suddenly shutsdown after 2 seconds... Anyone know what problem this is??
Short circuit
kevinlim001
post Apr 9 2021, 09:27 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Apr 8 2021, 11:10 PM)
most likely ur speaker cables are touching check all the speaker jacks at AVR and speaker end. Invest on banana plugs or pin if you have not
carnby77
post Apr 9 2021, 10:05 AM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 9 2021, 09:27 AM)
most likely ur speaker cables are touching check all the speaker jacks at AVR and speaker end. Invest on banana plugs or pin if you have not
I have removed all the speakers. I suspect maybe its shorting at the jacks on the receivers side. Cause there were some loose strands of core wires....hmmm..will check and get back to you guys.
joeblow
post Apr 24 2021, 06:44 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask. I will be setting up a TV room/office with a 65 inch Sony A8H or LG CX TV. Need to get a 5.1 dolby atmos sound system that supports TV, PS4, PC. I have limited blu ray titles so won't be using it extensively for blu ray movies.

Key sound input will be from my PC and Netflix. May subscribe to Disney plus when it is out in Malaysia. May I know should I just get myself a sound bar or should I get a proper AV system that supports PC, TV and PS4?

The sound system should be good for movies, talk shows (like news) and music. Can handle multiple sound inputs. Based in JB.

If going for AV system, do you guys know a good shop for AV in JB? I can only think of Harvey Norman and Senheng. Maybe also Kek Seng. I pretty much know about sound bar out there being either go for Samsung or LG ones (currently I have Yamaha entry level sound bar). For AV system totally noob especially which speaker to go with.

Also any other things to look out for in terms of renovation? Like electrical points, wiring, noise insulation, lighting etc.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Topet
post Apr 24 2021, 08:24 PM

schadenfreude
985 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Apr 24 2021, 06:44 PM)
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask. I will be setting up a TV room/office with a 65 inch Sony A8H or LG CX TV. Need to get a 5.1 dolby atmos sound system that supports TV, PS4, PC. I have limited blu ray titles so won't be using it extensively for blu ray movies.

Key sound input will be from my PC and Netflix. May subscribe to Disney plus when it is out in Malaysia. May I know should I just get myself a sound bar or should I get a proper AV system that supports PC, TV and PS4?

The sound system should be good for movies, talk shows (like news) and music. Can handle multiple sound inputs. Based in JB.

If going for AV system, do you guys know a good shop for AV in JB? I can only think of Harvey Norman and Senheng. Maybe also Kek Seng. I pretty much know about sound bar out there being either go for Samsung or LG ones (currently I have Yamaha entry level sound bar). For AV system totally noob especially which speaker to go with.

Also any other things to look out for in terms of renovation? Like electrical points, wiring, noise insulation, lighting etc.

Always go for AVR with set of speakers, soundbar is meh, even 3 channel will kick soundbar ass.
ktek
post Apr 25 2021, 09:39 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

5.1 where got atmos. minimum is 5.1.2
ktek
post Apr 25 2021, 09:40 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

how to choose spk. bring own song and test. use the song u dislike the most.
if the spk is ok type. u will heard amazing feeling from that song
kevinlim001
post Apr 27 2021, 09:04 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Apr 24 2021, 06:44 PM)
Hi guys,

what's your budget?
for sound bar you can look under harvey norman/aeon/senheng
Sen heng offers pioneer/onkyo avr set
kek seng also offer some decent soundbar + entry level AVR

normally mid range / high range AVR required to be ordered from KL. Speaker option also limited in JB.. the common brand here are Yamaha/Pioneer speaker.

for renovation advice you can look for Alan Tan from Quantum Acoustic. He can help you with you AVR and Speakers (Q acoustics / Klipsch - double check with him. ) Q acoustic is good starting speakers
joeblow
post Apr 27 2021, 04:20 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 27 2021, 09:04 AM)
what's your budget?
for sound bar you can look under harvey norman/aeon/senheng
Sen heng offers pioneer/onkyo avr set
kek seng also offer some decent soundbar + entry level AVR

normally mid range / high range AVR required to be ordered from KL. Speaker option also limited in JB.. the common brand here are Yamaha/Pioneer speaker.

for renovation advice you can look for Alan Tan from Quantum Acoustic. He can help you with you AVR and Speakers (Q acoustics / Klipsch - double check with him. )  Q acoustic is good starting speakers
I think my budget around a Samsung Q950, so stretch is 4k. Thanks for your advice. I think I will just go Kek Seng test and decide.
SSJBen
post Apr 28 2021, 03:44 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Apr 25 2021, 09:40 AM)
how to choose spk. bring own song and test. use the song u dislike the most.
if the spk is ok type. u will heard amazing feeling from that song
I disagree.

The only way to choose speakers is to bring it back home, put it in your room and sit in your spot and listen. What you hear in the demo room has very little semblance of what you hear in your room.
sonerin
post Apr 28 2021, 06:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Apr 27 2021, 04:20 PM)
I think my budget around a Samsung Q950, so stretch is 4k. Thanks for your advice. I think I will just go Kek Seng test and decide.
Do share back how it is with the sound bar

204 Pages « < 186 187 188 189 190 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0326sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 AM