Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ACCA V9, Global Body for Professional Accountants (Business)

views

ohyesohno P
post Jun 27 2021, 01:31 AM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Jun 12 2021, 03:03 AM)
since when ACCA requires practical training?  hmm.gif
You need 3 year working experience to be a qualified chartered accountant
Blofeld
post Jun 27 2021, 01:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,071 posts

QUOTE(ohyesohno @ Jun 27 2021, 01:31 AM)
That is the practical experience requirement of ACCA.

That one is certainly not considered practical training.

Practical training is quite a different thing if anyone were to mention that.
aleyna58
post Jul 26 2021, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Hi newbie here. Plan to sit F5 exam in Dec. This is my first time as i have exemption for 4 paper.

1) CBE exam must take in approved learning center nearby where I stay or can be in our home/pc?
2) Exam registration through myACCA or must arrange by approved learning center?
3) Tuition is a must? if self study possible to pass F5?

Thank you for all your time to answer my Qs
1234kingbling
post Jul 30 2021, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(aleyna58 @ Jul 26 2021, 11:26 AM)
Hi newbie here. Plan to sit F5 exam in Dec. This is my first time as i have exemption for 4 paper.

1) CBE exam must take in approved learning center nearby where I stay or can be in our home/pc?
2) Exam registration through myACCA or must arrange by approved learning center?
3) Tuition is a must? if self study possible to pass F5?

Thank you for all your time to answer my Qs
Hello,

CBE - yes at center. they will have a list to select from. Alternatively Remote invigilation which you will do at home.

Register through your myACCA

Depends on you.
Ihaveaquestion P
post Sep 14 2021, 07:12 PM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(ohyesohno @ Jun 27 2021, 02:31 AM)
Hi, If Im already working in management field , and decide to go for ACCA course , does it mean I need to resign to go accounting firm to work as an accountant for 3 years?
danielcmw
post Sep 15 2021, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Ihaveaquestion @ Sep 14 2021, 07:12 PM)
Hi, If Im already working in management field , and decide to go for ACCA course , does it mean I need to resign to go accounting firm to work as an accountant for 3 years?
Not necessarily; just need to be somewhat in a role which fulfills the PER requirements.
nathandew P
post Oct 26 2021, 01:52 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(pinkpanda2014 @ May 30 2014, 11:43 AM)
Hi, it would all depend on you. I used to work with one of the big fours for 3 years with a background in a degree in accounting from local Uni...I resigned last year to focus on my studies. Currently, I'm studying at Help college in KL. I'm taking P2 this sem with Mr Ng Kian Tuck. I find his classes and notes very good and very informative. No doubt P2 is tough but he makes it understandable. I also like the environment. Oh yeah, there is also something called bridging classes. This one is very good for us especially degree students because it is to give us the knowledge on the accounting standards that we missed in the degree ..... and this was really good...........The fees are quite reasonable too... plus can use public transport (LRT)...I always use LRT coz the station is joint to the building via a skybridge.......So if you want to consider to take then I suggest Help lor....And as you are going to work in big four then u should take one but if you're comfortable  with two why not.....

P1 lecturer here also not bad.....I got through the first time......last sem he got world prizewinner also...Anyway, this is my opinion.....You make your own enquiries and hope you make a good decision....All the best in your future smile.gif
Man are you serious? I am taking his SBR class now and to be honest, his class is extremely boring. He does not give clear explanation when giving his lessons as well, just purely do the workings and doensn't explain why some adjustments are made (I am currently in the lesson of SOCF).

I am really worry that I couldnt pass my SBR exam and I don't think I will be studying in MCKL for my last 2 papers.

I understand under this COVID situation, the way of conducting online class might be difficult for some teachers, but I think Mr Ng can do better, pls do better if you are seeing this message, Mr Ng.

A bored student.
wenzhenzhen
post Nov 7 2021, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(nathandew @ Oct 26 2021, 01:52 AM)
Man are you serious? I am taking his SBR class now and to be honest, his class is extremely boring. He does not give clear explanation when giving his lessons as well, just purely do the workings and doensn't explain why some adjustments are made (I am currently in the lesson of SOCF).

I am really worry that I couldnt pass my SBR exam and I don't think I will be studying in MCKL for my last 2 papers.

I understand under this COVID situation, the way of conducting online class might be difficult for some teachers, but I think Mr Ng can do better, pls do better if you are seeing this message, Mr Ng.

A bored student.
You can try opentuition.com to access for free ACCA course online. It works for me. Actually, you can choose which lecturers to attend ACCA classes because it is your choice. I do study my 5 prof papers (before combination of P1 & P3) in Yes Academy, Elite and Kasturi haha. Focus on SBR first before you plan next paper. All the best in Dec 2021 exams!
novblaze
post Jan 19 2022, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(pinkpanda2014 @ May 30 2014, 11:43 AM)
Hi, it would all depend on you. I used to work with one of the big fours for 3 years with a background in a degree in accounting from local Uni...I resigned last year to focus on my studies. Currently, I'm studying at Help college in KL. I'm taking P2 this sem with Mr Ng Kian Tuck. I find his classes and notes very good and very informative. No doubt P2 is tough but he makes it understandable. I also like the environment. Oh yeah, there is also something called bridging classes. This one is very good for us especially degree students because it is to give us the knowledge on the accounting standards that we missed in the degree ..... and this was really good...........The fees are quite reasonable too... plus can use public transport (LRT)...I always use LRT coz the station is joint to the building via a skybridge.......So if you want to consider to take then I suggest Help lor....And as you are going to work in big four then u should take one but if you're comfortable  with two why not.....

P1 lecturer here also not bad.....I got through the first time......last sem he got world prizewinner also...Anyway, this is my opinion.....You make your own enquiries and hope you make a good decision....All the best in your future smile.gif
Hi. Did you pass?
frandsenfoo1995 P
post Jan 19 2022, 11:14 PM

Probation
1 posts

I have left only 1 paper and I am thinking of taking APM or AFM since I am very bad with tax... Is there any recommendation school or lessons i can take part time??
oOoproz
post Jan 21 2022, 01:39 PM

Regular
1,318 posts

QUOTE(frandsenfoo1995 @ Jan 20 2022, 12:14 AM)
I have left only 1 paper and I am thinking of taking APM or AFM since I am very bad with tax... Is there any recommendation school or lessons i can take part time??
Try ACCA OSJ Global, search on facebook
ohyesohno P
post Feb 21 2022, 05:34 PM

Probation
13 posts

Hi, I am looking for OBU mentor. Can anyone recommend me a good one you have had experience with?
Blofeld
post Mar 5 2022, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,071 posts

Hi, can anyone share their experience of remote invigilation?

Is it that you are not allowed to leave your seat even to go to the toilet during the exam?

klks34
post Apr 18 2022, 09:33 PM

29 posts

Hi,

Can we claim for Income tax deductions for payment made for both ACCA Annual Subscription Fee and Exam Fees? Thanks
oOoproz
post Apr 21 2022, 01:29 PM

Regular
1,318 posts

QUOTE(klks34 @ Apr 18 2022, 10:33 PM)
Hi,

Can we claim for Income tax deductions for payment made for both ACCA Annual Subscription Fee and Exam Fees? Thanks
Here u go https://www.yycadvisors.com/education-fee-r...lification.html
NotCooll
post Apr 26 2022, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

To those who are currently working in Singapore, you might be the right one to answer to my question.

Currently, I am an ACCA member who is working in Singapore. I plan to stay in Singapore for long-term but my local Singaporean friends are taking Singapore Chartered Accountant professional papers and this makes me wonder whether I am required to take this exam or not?

I have searched around the internet and I found out that there is no direct pathway for ACCA members to convert to SA members, but ICAEW members can.
ACCA website: https://www.accaglobal.com/in/en/member/mem...rk-in-Singapore?
ICAEW website: https://www.cityacademy.sg/acca-to-aca-prom...0in%20Singapore.

With so many Malaysians working in Singapore right now, is there a pathway for us to convert our ACCA membership into CA Singapore? Or we are left with no choice but to sit for CA Singapore exams only?

Please I need some advice.
DeeDoo P
post May 14 2022, 02:50 PM

Probation
2 posts

You can apply for admission as ISCA associate member and exempted from foundation module.
To become ISCA full member you need number of years working experience and pass the Professional module.
Ihaveaquestion P
post Aug 3 2022, 11:05 AM

Probation
10 posts

Hi guys , I'm new here. I Have enrolled for FIA acca. I have been trying to search out reference books to prepare myself before the semester starts. I heard of BPP or Kaplan reference books , but I saw there's quite a few different types and I'm not quite sure where or which to begin with. Please advice. confused.gif
oOoproz
post Aug 3 2022, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,318 posts

QUOTE(Ihaveaquestion @ Aug 3 2022, 12:05 PM)
Hi guys , I'm new here. I Have enrolled for FIA acca. I have been trying to search out reference books to prepare myself before the semester starts. I heard of BPP or Kaplan reference books , but I saw there's quite a few different types and I'm not quite sure where or which to begin with. Please advice.  confused.gif
I feel that 2 publishers a bit too much, you can try out opentuition, just google it, got lots of reference and even have a forum for you to discuss with others. Good Luck biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0424sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th August 2022 - 03:31 AM