Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

discoinferno1
post Sep 6 2016, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

can some1 quote me a good price for FWS.

Just got mine replaced and I have some leftover budget from the insurance claim.

Mazda CX-3.
discoinferno1
post Oct 23 2019, 03:53 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(hoong2188 @ May 25 2019, 06:01 PM)
After comparing and survey.. finally I decided to go with raytech.. previous car all v kool and 3m... give a try for raytech. Today tinted at puchong raytech.. I think today is Saturday many car and the workmanship is not that good they all rushing .. can completed my car less than an hour... on the way back home notice a small dust inside wanna claim warranty ... called back puchong branches and asked to claim in any branch.. so I go glenmarie raytech that nearby but kena halau said it’s workmanship issues they don’t want layan me.. and I ask to help to test the tint IRR those and the boss said only HQ got.. very unprofessional

That is my experience ... will update the quality of raytech MX after few more weeks .
Please be warned that Raytech is a really lousy tint. Here's why..

Had Raytech highest Spec Ultra70 for rm1.1k just for fws at Glenmarie Branch. After 1 year it drastically loses its heat rejection capability. Can feel the heat emanating more obviously from the front windscreen and interior gets hot very very quickly because the dashboard area gets heated up much more. My car gets terribly hot very quickly even though its just a normal or sunny day.
Worst still when complained, they just blame it on the hot weather even though I forced them to do a meter test and my side window tints are from Vkool V40 or something the darkest tint , and the meter
showed single digit value while the Raytech tinted fws was high 20s.
Never again will i use Raytech. Had also tinted Huper Optik on fws, lasted around 1 month before i couldn't stand the lousy heat rejection and changed to Raytech .. Next will try some housebrands.
discoinferno1
post Oct 24 2019, 01:58 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Mar 16 2019, 01:22 PM)
Manage to claim warranty for my raytech film, without question, except for normal inspection. This is a very good plus point.

However, when I ask why it got peeled off just after 2.5 years, they give me this reply: "due to excessive car washing. When we wash the car, we will wipe inside of the windshield. So the multiple wipes + the dirt/chemical on the cloth makes it peeled off". To be frank, i really do not see this coming from a so called professional car tinter. What a whole load of bullshit answer. One of the most stupid explananation i ever heard in my life. I just lost the mood to talk more on this, else my temper gonna rise up.

Next, I request for a solar meter test on my car film (raytech always promise their customer on this test). And I was denied, even when i request 3 times. Reason? Is due to inconsistent sunlight (it is very sunny that time), and the meter is too sensitive. Bloody hell, another cb answer i get.

I just drove off my car after this, after they replace the film. On my way back, i touch my dashboard after 10 mins driving in aircond, and the dash board is hot like f***. Take note i am installing the highest range product that cost 3k (ultra 70 + rx).

Conclusion, this will be my first and last time with raytech. The products do looks good on paper, but in actual usage is very bad. I feel like i am being scammed. I will definitely not recommend this brand to any forumer, friends and family members.

Lord Gitsy, this is a major disappointment. Btw, i am glad for your support even though my car was tinted in other states/branches. Thanks for the explanation and advice. But raytech products really does sucks, so do their customer service.
same experience. Bloody hot dashboard. 1.5 years old Raytech highest spec apparently. Bullshit performance.
I hope this brand burns to the ground.
discoinferno1
post Oct 24 2019, 02:06 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Apr 4 2019, 01:29 PM)
I 'm with the same problem with Raytech. Installed the top range security film, after a few years it's getting hotter, and this 2months can't tahan already.

Especially in the morning sun, both left and right side car window, you can really feel the scorching heat on your hand and face.

Where is the best place to confirm/test the heat rejection?
Nowhere. Just change to any other brand is better.
discoinferno1
post Nov 13 2019, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Oct 24 2019, 10:39 PM)
No point, wont be able to help much, especially when heat rejection or tinted film is not something you can prove clearly like something with figure. Even if they able to show you high rejection rate by using solar meter, how sure you are that the heat rejection you receiving now is same with 5 mins later?

In short, just dun get raytech. There are WAY TOO MANY complaints in this forum only, not to mention in real world friends. The film really sucks.
discoinferno1
post Nov 28 2019, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Nov 27 2019, 05:43 AM)
Just changed my windshield and the shop give me the korean tint 95% IRR, proven on meter.

Atm the heat is proven not entering the car under noon time especially the windshield area.

Is the korean tint petty reliable for long run?  Btw I keep changing the windshield every year due to chip and rock keep coming to it
May i know brand and price? Tq
discoinferno1
post Dec 6 2019, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

user posted image
user posted image

Worst tint and tint shop ever.

user posted image

This post has been edited by discoinferno1: Dec 6 2019, 03:46 PM
discoinferno1
post Dec 8 2019, 07:52 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Dec 6 2019, 04:13 PM)
what is wrong? RX series for 1100 only?
Performance drop just under 1 n a half year.
RAYTECH price for front windscreen only.

[

user posted image

This post has been edited by discoinferno1: Dec 8 2019, 07:55 PM
discoinferno1
post Dec 12 2019, 02:53 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(Eterman @ Dec 11 2019, 10:58 AM)
oo, quite the deterioration , you remove the tint to do the spectrum reading?

Yup. Do avoid raytech at any cost. Any cheap tint is still better.
discoinferno1
post Dec 12 2019, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(otnuus @ Dec 12 2019, 03:40 PM)
What was the reading when new?
Those lousy "Popular" brands like Raytech won't have these kind of meters or offer to check. But there was once i complained they tested using the lousier BTU meter and it showed 25+ against my other branded tint side window at 11 or less.

This post has been edited by discoinferno1: Dec 12 2019, 11:02 PM
discoinferno1
post Mar 6 2022, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

anyone can recommend a place to claim warranty on chipped but not cracked windscreen?
Want to change along with degraded performance tint.
My car is a 2021 Mazda Cx30.. still under warranty.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0227sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 PM