Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

JinXi90 P
post Oct 19 2021, 02:25 PM

Probation
5 posts

I am considering installing Raytech tints and wondering if its a good idea, but after reading through the last 80 pages or so, I really couldn't get any answers, except for a few postings which said "there were A LOT of bad reviews about Raytech", but I couldn't really find A LOT OF postings that actually gave a bad review, except for 1 or 2. Need your valuable opinion. My budget is RM1500 +/-.
JinXi90 P
post Oct 19 2021, 03:21 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(sanakim @ Oct 19 2021, 02:45 PM)
Hi there,
Based on my research (as a customer, not SA), my summary is if your budget is ~RM2k, get Huper Optik. For ~RM3k then get 3M for best heat rejection or Llumar for security tint (Pinnacle series). Do note that pricing varies depending on car size, (e.g. small sedan/hatchback cheaper than mid-size SUV with sunroof).
Hope this is helpful.
Thank you sanakim for your feedback.

But is there anything BAD about Raytech? My reasons for choosing it :-
(1) I can tint my whole car for less than RM1500
(2) 7-year warranty
(3) They have a brand new workshop in PG, so I guess they'd still be around after 7 years in case there is a warranty claim

I got a quote of RM1600 from Ecotintas well. So knowing that I can pretty much have my car tinted around RM1500, guess I won't be spending 2k or anything more.

I do not require "security tint"and a "heat tint" is good enough. I do not expect the tint to not deteriorate at all in terms of heat rejection over the years, but as long as it is not obviously noticeable I m happy. Most importantly, I can just send my car in for a replacement tint if peeling/bubbling issue starts to occur.

Any better proposal other than a 2k Huper Optik and a 3k 3M? Your feedback is very much appreciated.
JinXi90 P
post Oct 19 2021, 04:52 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(phernut @ Oct 19 2021, 03:51 PM)
it still depends on your choice of tint regardless the brand, because most tinting brands have different grades too, i.e. if you choose RayTech, they have cheaper variants with lower TSER/IRR or higher grade variants with better heat rejection or security tint.

TSER value will determine the total solar energy rejected (or simply heat rejection). it is better to feel it yourself with the different grades of tints they have so you will know the difference. usually higher end ones you will feel lesser heat out of it. if you feel like the heat rejection is ok for the RM 1.5k variant you can go for it, everyone has their own budget and expectation thumbsup.gif

but be prepared if the TSER value is lower than 50% because it might be VERY HOT in msia  sweat.gif
Appreciate your sharing of thoughts.

The one quoted by Raytech is :-
(1) Windscreen F70 - VLT(72%), TSER(46%), IRR(75%)
(2) All other windows FC 55 (I requested all same instead of having it darker in the back windows) - VLT(58%), TSER(50%), IRR(75%)

After going through a lot of specs for different brands on the net, it seems for front windscreen of min. VLT70%, the TSER would be around 45%-60% max, a difference of 10-15% for low to high grade. For IRR, my guess is I would have less issue with wireless devices (smarttag & access cards) with something around 70%, right? Afterall, the car is air-conditioned, so that TSER difference of 10-15% probably won't make that much of a difference. In fact, I have been driving an accord for the last 10 years WITHOUT any aftermarket tinting (I don't think it is factory pre-tinted), and I had no problem with sweat! laugh.gif

Anyway, I am just checking around making sure there is no major issues with Raytech, otherwise I can go with Ecotint (presumably no major issues too as I believe it is very widely used right?).

But one thing since sanakim mentioned the deterioration of heat rejection, Raytech 's warranty covers a 30% degrade, not 10% as mentioned covered by 3M. So I suppose that's why Raytech is cheaper, although I feel that's something I can bare with. Further more, if I look at Honda's official tint package "3M Horizon Safety", it actually comes with a front windscreen tint of TSER 25%!!!! 25%? 3M? The lowest grade I guess.

Oh btw, for 3M authorized dealer, other than the one listed on 3M website in Anson Road Penang, is there any other shop on PG island? I don't mind exploring more options as long as it doesn't require more money. smile.gif

JinXi90 P
post Oct 20 2021, 08:03 AM

Probation
5 posts

https://pictr.com/images/2021/10/20/BG3CEU.md.jpg

A quick check with the sifus here, I happened to see a car by random in a public car park of which the tinting has vertical "striation mark" all over, and was wondering what caused that?

Please refer to photo attached, but not sure if it's visible to you guys here.
JinXi90 P
post Oct 22 2021, 08:08 AM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 22 2021, 06:13 AM)
I was quoted rm2k for all 3m crystalline for d segment car last time, kota Damansara branch. Reason not opted for it, smart tag, remote gate issues which they suggest to cut some hole in order to work.

Btw check the shop if they provide original 3M warranty or e-certificate iinm, cz many fake 3M on market hence cheap price. Some only give shop paper warranty
How would we know if the warranty given is genuine or not? Since there are many fake 3M products as you mentioned, I suppose if they can fake the tint, they can also fake the warranty cert (high resolution color printing is widely available to anyone nowadays), even e-warranty can be faked too right?

I am just wondering, since someone here mentioned the end quality of tinting car window is 50% product, 50% workmanship, if the installer somehow screwed up a bit on the installation (which is the workmanship part), would 3M headquarter consider that as part of their product warranty?

Just like if I buy a Panasonic aircond which comes with 1 years warranty, and then my installer screwed up the installation, resulting in leaky gas, I suppose Panasonic would ask me to get my installer to fix it, as that is not Panasonic's problem, right?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0303sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2021 - 01:38 AM