Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

I'm V-Kool
post Nov 23 2016, 07:12 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(mindful @ Nov 22 2016, 06:13 PM)
Hi

I am comparing between Vkool and raytec.

Vkool - vkool elite front, vkool 40 back, side mirrors vkool REM 5 mil anti-breakage.

Raytec - Cannot remember the package.

Which is recommended if price wise, Raytec is slightly more expensive? Is the REM thing in Vkool trustable? Do both prevent heat almost the same level?  Sorry for lack of info.
If you are taking V-Kool product

I would recommend this package

V-Kool Elite - Front
V-Kool 55 - All side and Rear

VK REM is V-Kool OEM product, therefore the performance is not good as V-Kool 55
I'm V-Kool
post Nov 24 2016, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(hao5501 @ Nov 24 2016, 07:47 PM)
Hi,

Anyone know the package for

1)V-Kool Elite + REM 55 safety (front side 2 window) + REM 50 (behind side 2 windor and rear window)
2)V-Kool Elite + REM 50 for all side and rear

wan to know the estimated price for sedan car
Selling Price RM3400

PM me for more discount
I'm V-Kool
post Nov 25 2016, 09:16 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(Ber.l @ Nov 25 2016, 03:52 PM)
Hi Pro,

I would like to know izzit the higher the % IR REJECTION means the higher the chance of smart tag being obstruct or interfere with transmission of signal?
The reason of getting weak transmission signal is due to few reason

1. Metalized film (However those with spectrally selective metalized window film do not have this problem)
2. Weak frequency wavelength signal from the receiver.

I have done few test on my company own product against those device using transmission signal such as

1. GPS by Phone
- When come to Android (It only apply to old model), it have weak signal compare to Iphone.

2. Condo access card
- Depends on the access card (better sender/receiver with longer wavelength)
- We have tested upon request by condo management and some of access card can't go through due to weak transmission.

3. Smart tag
- You still can pass through but have to slow down when passing.

Bear in mind, if you do not want to have any obstruction transmission of signal choose film with Ceramic Based rather than Metal Based.
However, Ceramic Based product tend to have higher absorption and less heat rejection compare to Metal Based film.

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Nov 25 2016, 09:27 PM
I'm V-Kool
post Nov 26 2016, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Nov 26 2016, 08:14 AM)
It is true that metal based film have tendency to loss it performance after like 5 years. Compared to ceramic based
Every single product have their life span.
However the life span are depends on the technology and the product material.

Metal Based film have longer lifespan compare to Ceramic Based.
When the product absorption are high, it will quicken the lifespan of the product as the film always perform at the limit.

Ceramic made product most likely will decayed faster than metal made product.
I'm V-Kool
post Nov 30 2016, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(shaguarbb @ Nov 29 2016, 05:55 PM)
I am sorry to know that you already have 2 car with Diamond 6 but I tell you again... The Llumar spec in Malaysia is fake  notworthy.gif
Please check PM for the Global Llumar Spec from US, the data is from US. Just let me know if you still cant get it.
As your wish, please check PM for the Global Llumar Spec, the data is from US.
I'm curious where you get the International spec? Mind share to me as well
I'm V-Kool
post Dec 8 2016, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(henrytan5001 @ Dec 8 2016, 01:05 PM)
I have the same question.. getting my crv next week.. which one to pick, 3m or ecotint 4? I got 400 rebate for it , dun wan to waste the rebate and do it outside
Perhaps you can think about V-Kool and rebate is more than RM400 biggrin.gif
I'm V-Kool
post Dec 10 2016, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(timo1003 @ Dec 9 2016, 03:37 PM)
I wish to ask more about the V-kool tints that are distributed in Malaysia. I've checked from the official v-kool malaysian website, it says that the v-kool tints are from Southwall Technologies Inc, Silicon Valley with a five year warranty backed by the said company. However, when i tried to enquire a bit further from one of the salesperson at a 'supposedly' authorised dealer and installer of the v-kool tints with regards to the manufacturer details of the v-kool tints that were supplied at that shop, the salespersons was at first unable to provide me with the info and got a bit annoyed afterwards and assured me that it's all genuine and from USA. When I went over to the shop afterwards, I was just subtly told that it was from Houston, Texas. hmm.gif  Now if we're talking about geography here, a simple search on google maps would show that these two places, i.e. Silicon Valley and Houston Texas are on separate ends of the country. So, am I missing something here? Is this the norm? I'm puzzled cause the shop is apparently quite well known to install v-kool tints. sweat.gif Really appreciate any feedback and comments. Thanks.
You can PM me the details
I'm V-Kool
post Dec 30 2016, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(mindful @ Dec 29 2016, 04:20 PM)
Advice to ALL!!

Don't waste your money to tint your car. I spent over 2k to tint at one of a top brand shop.  If you expect the heat inside your car to reduce much after you park your car exposing to the sun, you will be greatly disappointed. I find tinting a waste of money and the test performed by sales staff a little misleading.  I should have taken note of the  reaction of the sales staff after I asked whether my car would still be hot after tinting.  I won't do anymore tinting in the future as I believe even if you spend 3k, 4k, the result will be the same and I hope to convince you not to do it.  I would rather donate the money to charity. 

This is very misleading information.

1. The heat transfer come in 3 method, CONDUCTION CONVECTION and RADIATION.
Our solar control window film only able to prevent RADIATION method.
So if you park your car under hit sun for 3 - 4 hours, the CONDUCTION and CONVECTION heat transfer happen
which build up the heat inside the car. Refer http://www.vtaide.com/png/heat2.htm

2. If you are reading at the top brand specifications, the top JPJ compliance window film about 60% - 65% TSER.
There is no 100% TSER in film industry unless you have total 100% VLT blockout.

3. If you compare those CAP AYAM / WITHOUT TINT with TOP BRAND there is lot different especially when you are driving the car.
Do a simple test whereby just wind up and wind down your window when heat direct to you, its work well if you are wearing black material.
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 10 2017, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(Royal Malaysia Pirate @ Jan 10 2017, 01:10 PM)
Hi all, I was wondering got CNY offer for 3M Crystalline 70 front windscreen only RM850 (last price offered and my 4 car only) in Ipoh for vios 2008. My car only have 7" tint at upper screen
V-kool elite in Ipoh was quoted RM1k front only.
Is it a good deal? hmm.gif
Wanna tint front only due to budget constrain+want high end tint only.
Previously tint my waja V-kool elite RM500 during 2010. Then replaced cermin+cheapo tint (RM100 year 2012) having a huge difference feel during sunny days.

The 3M Authorised Car Center said if I bring more car then he will give a special price for the cars
In Klang Valley we quoted RM1,100 @ V-Kool Elite for front only
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 11 2017, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 10 2017, 06:14 PM)
@I'm V-Kool

Hi,
Is VK Elite in the old days (say 10 years ago) the same as VKool 70 now that is offered by VK claiming that it is the same as Elite ?
V-Kool Elite - Automotive
V-Kool 70 - Architectural

Both are the same film
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 18 2017, 08:53 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jan 18 2017, 03:36 AM)
Yes, high-end ceramic based tint, e.g. 3M Crystalline, Huper Optik, etc. GPS no problem but SmartTag (IR signal) will have problem (Tried on my friend's 3M Crystalline). But can cut a rectangular hole for SmartTag since SmartTag position is basically fixed. Or place it at the black dotted area near the rear view mirror (shouldn't have tint there else will easily form bubble over time if installer not good enough). Again, if there is tint, you can cut a hole there for putting SmartTag. No big deal.
FYI, Crystalline is Metal Based film.
Huper Optik is Ceramic Based and GPS and Smart Tag friendly.

May I know what type GPS you using right now?
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 18 2017, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jan 18 2017, 10:49 AM)
Both hand held and phone type GPS. Cut down GPS signal kau2. Only left at maximum 40% GPS signal even left 2cm under the windscreen and couldn't sustain an accurate fix, GPS position keep jumping around. Any more than 2cm, GPS signal completely gone.
That's is kinda weird, you have done the installation recently?
Sometimes Android phone will have some problem with GPS detection after V-Kool film installation.
I am using Iphone 6 and 4s with complete V-Kool 40 and GPS work perfectly.

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-...92716668&rt=rud

They claim are non metalized film, but it is weird that block out Smart Tag signal

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Jan 18 2017, 11:15 AM
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 18 2017, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jan 18 2017, 04:21 PM)
Just noticed you mentioned VKool 40, I mine is VKool Elite.
Yes, V-Kool 40 even have more multilayer of metal as the film is darker and provide heat resistance up to 98%
It might have interference with those BUILT IN GPS as well.
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 18 2017, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 18 2017, 04:39 PM)
I did use the Garmin significantly before Waze pops up and I have had vkool elite (whole car) in one of my cars.  To catch the GPS signal for the VERY first time, I remember i have to hold the Garmin outside the windows for few mins .. but since then, I didn't have to do it anymore and it was be able to get the signal everytime i needed to use it.  Vk elite also has no problem on Smarttag.. The latest Vkool Elite (vk 70?) installation in one of my family car was just about 1 year ago.  Just to share.
@Rico there is few solutions you can try

1. Try switch with other phone or devices.
Eg - Android vs Iphone vs Garmin

2. Get GPS signal by winding down the window.
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 18 2017, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jan 18 2017, 06:23 PM)
1. iPhone 6s, Samsung Note 2, S7 Edge, A5 GPS, Nissan Serena S-Hybrid HU, all have GPS intermittent signal, delayed and haywire GPS position.
2. That is not a good solution by winding down the window every time the GPS signal loss. Might as well remove the tint.

I'll cut a small hole later at the tint to accommodate my phone holder position.
What I mean is wind down the window and get the GPS signal 1st, after that wind it back.
Where did you did the installation?
I'm V-Kool
post Jan 20 2017, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(Scarfe @ Jan 20 2017, 01:02 AM)
user posted image
Guys, can anyone help me decide which one is the best in term of value.
I went to 3 authorised shops. got offered above. The table, first column is front windscreen, 2nd column sides, and 3rd is back windscreen. If 2 column only, it means 1st column is front windscreen and the 2nd column is the sides and back windscreen.

Few dilemmas
1) Ebony40 is not in 3M official website.
2) 3M crystalline, i not sure they offering me which one, if i remember correctly, it is either 60 or 70.
3) When i went to Raytech, the manager showed me his sample Llumar film and did measurement. He said Llumar's spec and real measurement are not same(real film lower). I cannot say I believe him 100% as he could cheat easily as well. Din't confirm back with Llumar.
4) Raytech's manager is also not being clear. When I asked what film will be used for front and back windscreen in AX and FX series, he said it is part of package and he will use AX/FX films for both of the windscreen. However, it is not security type. Does this actually exist? AX and FX series, but not security?  rclxub.gif macam trying to con me.
If you could not find the product in their INTERNATIONAL website means the film is either OEM/HOME/HOUSE brand and
the specifications could be FAKE.

The basic logic of windows film installation is the FWS performance should be better than the SIDE.

Most of the specification doesn't comply with JPJ especially the FWS.
Based on the specification, I will take

Crystalline 70 + EB40
I'm V-Kool
post Feb 13 2017, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(SoFlush @ Feb 13 2017, 06:25 PM)
Any tinting bro can share some insight about replacement windshield for a new car....

1. do i send it back to the SC? (still 1-2years old)
2. my insurance just cover rm4k, but my windshield cost way more - how ar? any lobang?
3. my current windshield is triple tinted with vkool 1st layer, huper optic 2nd layer and 3m crystaline last layer, how much roughly to pay for just the windshield? My tint was done for whole car, so not sure how much just for windshield...

it's not a penetrating crack, but i can see the top layer is visibly damaged/cracked, it did not go deep enough to create a "crack-line", caused by a flying stone i guess when driving at 220+...
1) I'm not sure about your model but by going back to SC is definitely will cost you 20-30% more
2) You can replace your windscreen at your insurance panel workshop. PM me if you need help
3) I cant believe you do triple layer on your windscreen, I have V-Kool and Huper Optik but not 3M product.

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Feb 13 2017, 08:17 PM
I'm V-Kool
post Feb 18 2017, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(shizham @ Feb 18 2017, 12:04 AM)
Sellers...can you give me a quote on your good quality heat resistent tinting(similar grade to vkool elite since I have used it before) for a new Nissan Serena .

Thank you
Thanks for the compliment and since VKool Elite is good, consider to use it again?
I'm V-Kool
post Feb 18 2017, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(wunan90 @ Feb 18 2017, 08:48 AM)
Hi guys, need advise here.

Is it okay if I ask my SA to do the tinting for my car before delivery or should I go send my car for tinting myself? if do with SA got discount 1.
When SA give discount = cut their own commission but you got 1 DRAGON SERVICE cause they will settle everything before car delivery
I'm V-Kool
post Mar 14 2017, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(Wind82 @ Mar 13 2017, 10:09 AM)
Hi guys,

I just got my car tinted with 3M crystalline 70.

At first it looks great. No bubble and clear. But now after a week plus, the tint seems foggy and there is this "halo" effect on car headlights, street light and etc.

May I know whats the problem?
Send back to the workshop and seek for explanation. I suspect they did not use Autosol to clean the window before installation.
I can assume that the effect even worst when it rain or light reflection on your windscreen/window?
What about Smart Tag issue?

12 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0563sec    1.87    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 09:29 AM