Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

Eterman
post Feb 14 2014, 10:24 PM

Casual
489 posts

anyone heard of xtra cool brand?

i assume that it is a house brand since i can't find any online info about it, but i'd like to know if anyone had experience with this brand. thanks.
Eterman
post Jan 18 2019, 11:38 AM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(TeOtq @ Jan 18 2019, 10:10 AM)
Any comment on Lavish tint? Their premium is rm2k.

user posted image
user posted image
interesting, i checked their website, somehow, i feel some similarities to hamel design confused.gif anyone feels the same, or something wrong with my brain?
Eterman
post Mar 18 2019, 06:08 PM

Casual
489 posts

i was checking solargard and vkool shop locations on their website, noticed PJ branch of both brands are the same shop : LOT 3, LORONG 19/1B, 46300 PETALING JAYA

has anyone been to the shop and able to verify which brand they are selling?

anyone also has good solargard shop location? i never used before and thinking of checking it out.
Eterman
post Mar 18 2019, 07:26 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Mar 18 2019, 06:29 PM)
We actually carried both brand.
V-Kool is on the higher end product
you mean all vkool shops are also carrying solargard brand? but both are from different companies, Eastman and Saint-gobain.
Eterman
post Mar 18 2019, 07:56 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Mar 18 2019, 07:45 PM)
Yes but Solar Gard HQ located at here
http://solargard.com.my/dealer-locations.php
i see, thanks. Do you have price estimation for solargard films and your shop location ?
Eterman
post Dec 11 2019, 10:58 AM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(discoinferno1 @ Dec 8 2019, 07:52 PM)
Performance drop just under 1 n a half year.
RAYTECH price for front windscreen only.

[

user posted image
oo, quite the deterioration , you remove the tint to do the spectrum reading?
Eterman
post Aug 13 2020, 12:44 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Aug 13 2020, 12:04 PM)
No need lah, now some china Taobao meter can measure wide IRR range already.

Playing with the meter while the detailing shop washing my car, they have 3 brands

Xpel XR Plus - 97% IRR, actual 97%
3M Crystalline - 98% IRR, actual 85%
Raytech RC - 98% IRR, actual 93%

All 3 their TSER are quite true to declared number, so like your video, better just refer to TSER.
the meter you used is measuring the full IR wavelength?
Eterman
post Feb 23 2023, 04:21 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Feb 22 2023, 09:13 AM)
Why the last had high IRR but kinda mid spec TSER?
wanna give my 2 cents, going by logic, if wrong, i will edit/remove smile.gif :

lets assume the numbers are correct, then there may be few possibilities:

1. the high IRR applies only to a narrow range within the infrared spectrum, the other IR spectrum may have weak rejection, therefore TSER is lower than expected.

2. high IRR covers wide range of infrared spectrum, but rejection of other heat components of "light" is weak, as TSER includes UV, visible light and infrared (and all of these cause heat too), therefore TSER is lower than expected.

3. IRR is high, if the film is absorptive type, most of the IR is absorbed, over a period of time, there is a cumulative of heat energy from prolonged intense IR absorption that film became a secondary source of heat, therefore TSER is lower than expected.

This post has been edited by Eterman: Feb 23 2023, 04:25 PM
Eterman
post Oct 11 2023, 11:35 AM

Casual
489 posts

i think ,normal car glass without tint already not 100% vlt

so even follow jpj spec tint, final vlt will be below the spec. does jpj have a "range" of vlt?
Eterman
post Oct 12 2023, 09:14 AM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Oct 11 2023, 01:12 PM)
Yes. that is one of the reasons it is risky to pick a tint with VLT that is very close to the permissible values allowed by JPJ. For instance, if permissible VLT for front and front side are 70% and 50% respectively, even if you pick a tint which is very close to the values, say VLT 72% or 52% for instance, most likely during test it will fail. From what I was told, it is safe to pick a tint which is about 10% higher just to be sure since the original bare windscreen is not 100% VLT. Say for front windscreen, picking a tint of VLT 80% instead of 70% would be safe, and for front side, picking a tint of VLT 60% instead of 50% would be safe.
i see, the issue here would be many shop's highest vlt tint is 70%, therefore, need to go with no windshield tint to be safe.
Eterman
post Oct 12 2023, 11:32 AM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 12 2023, 09:45 AM)
No windshield hot. Dashboard can become poor condition at 3rd year onward if no tint and daily park outside. Take VLT follow regulations, based on JPJ roadblock they just random, visual choose for tint that is darker etc. Unless u do Puspakom name change, sure they will check VLT via devices, so take the tint + windscreen vlt reading
agree with the dashboard getting wrecked under sun daily.

with the news on stricter inspection, probably they will start using measuring devices at roadblocks (maybe not all), thus it becomes a game of roulette that they won't choose your car to test with the actual device.

at roadblocks, gotta pray hard not to kena "lottery" .

QUOTE(overfloe @ Oct 12 2023, 09:50 AM)
its always the same VLT. 70% front, 50% front side and any number for the rest of the windows.

the problem is, most people relate VLT for tint film only, not the window darkness (glass + tint film).

its the interpretation.
agree with this, all this while the interpretation is for film only.

--------------------------------------------

that's why, thinking of going no tint for windshield and 60% or 70% sides, to be safe, since modern car glass itself vlt is not 100% (maybe 90% or 80% vlt already) sad.gif

Eterman
post Oct 14 2023, 10:15 PM

Casual
489 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Oct 14 2023, 05:31 PM)
I read in another news (forgotten which one), it says that..

1) initial compound is rm300. but pay early will get reduction.

2) if failing to pay will get summon to court

3) once convicted, then get fine rm2k or jail term. subsequent offence is rm4k and jail term.

4) also, jpj got tolerance of 10% variance on tint reading before issuing compound.
so, you are not getting rm2k fine immediately.
looking good, is the 10% variance subjective to each roadblock personnel?
Eterman
post Dec 11 2023, 01:34 PM

Casual
489 posts

wanna chip in limited experience of 4 years using irispro elite e35 variant on side windows , personally feel minimal heat coming through, especially the afternoon/evening sun, where it can shine straight to your right side of body. Pretty happy with it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:17 PM