Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

295 Pages « < 285 286 287 288 289 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

cucubud
post May 10 2019, 06:55 PM

Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(KennRicky @ May 10 2019, 06:15 PM)
Eh ~ sure that wrap Smart Tag method work or not oh?
Sound a bit not so scientific, lol.

Why not try other brands?
But each big brands have their own issues la.

3M = Crystaline 70 not Smart Tag compliant
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88471414
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88497374
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=90390216

Huper Optik = Heat Resistance not good
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88593460
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88469709
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88471364

Llumar = Heat Resistance not good (but only few users are saying no good, really few, if compared to other brands)
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=88593460
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=91443732
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=90872770

Else say Llumar heat resistance satisfied. Heat rejection is really personal i think. Where u park, when u drive, etc.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=90844945
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...post&p=90873428

So for me, if i wanna go for big brands, I might try Llumar la. Since lesser complaint.
But in real life, my budget allow me to go for Raytech mid lower spec only  doh.gif
Even review toward Raytech is fifty fifty only, some very satisfied, some not really toward the heat resistant ~

Other Brands
Didn't survey further on other brands like Haverkamp, Glastec, Irispro because too far from my home.
But overall review for these brand seems not bad. You may further research la ~

For me, VKool doesn't justify the price la. Charge most expensive price in the market, but need to depend luck or with so much limitation to have GPS / Smart Tag / Auto Gate working.
Need to slow down, need to change to UHF, in-built GPS cannot use, etc.
For testing purposes, wrapping the film on the Smart Tag should work. The film is between the Smart Tag and the toll reader.
For the FWS, select moderate rejection this and that.
For all other windows and RWS, select the highest rejection this and that.

RicoT
post May 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 10 2019, 03:09 PM)
I guess if we go with films that have high rejection this and that, Smart Tag, GPS and gate remote cannot use.
If want to use Smart Tag, GPS and gate remote, then have to look for moderate rejection this and that.
Can't have both.
Ceramic based tint some have very good IR/heat rejection, causing smart tag problem, but I think that is about it.

VKool being metallic tint have a lot of issues. Of course, if you are not using GPS, smart tag, gate pass, or home gate remote, then these issues won't cause you any inconvenience.

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ May 10 2019, 03:59 PM)
I'm using Smart Tag (latest model) and GPS Navigation (IPhone - Waze) no problem at all.
iPhone, Samsung, Huawei all have diminished GPS signal, in all three of my car's using VKool Elite tint.
As for the RFID, we have customer put it outside bottom windscreen (the black area) and work perfectly
But it won't work inside the car correct? Signal was cut out/diminished, metallic Faraday's cage effect is the fundamental flaw of VKool tints.
As for built in car navigation system, it might have problem to detect because it can send out the signal but cant receive due to heavy metal in VKOOL.
This is the problem for many in-car and phone GPS problem for VKool tint. I have to put my phone at the edge of the windscreen at the black area inside the car in order to get good signal which won't cause the GPS to go haywire once every few turns, if put more than 2 inch away from windscreen, GPS signal is intermittent and keep dropping, causing GPS accuracy problem. Other tints do not have this issue, I tried in my friend's 3M crystalline, Llumar, Hamel, etc. No such issue, except 3M crystalline with smart tag issue. Also, Faraday's cage works both ways, signal cannot get out nor in.
As for Smart Tag, try to change your battery/position/slow down when go through the toll.
Keyword: reduced smart tag signal and need to slow down a lot before detected, even with new battery and new model smart tag.
As for auto gate/access card you can refer here

https://www.magnet.com.my/barrier-gate/rfid...g-reader-system
If you access card can't use, just convert it to UHF just like RFID
Install VKool and need some other expensive hardware to get something to work while other similar priced and performance tint can do without such issue.
My Honda City with Complete V-Kool 40
My 3 cars with VKool Elite all around.
If going to pay so much, why get VKool metallic tint which cause so much issue and inconvenience, especially to a driver who will be using GPS to navigate around, smart tag to pay toll, need to stick RFID outside the car and most importantly, inhibits adding more stress at the end of the day by hindering you from reaching your home.
RicoT
post May 10 2019, 09:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 10 2019, 06:55 PM)
For testing purposes, wrapping the film on the Smart Tag should work. The film is between the Smart Tag and the toll reader.
For the FWS, select moderate rejection this and that.
For all other windows and RWS, select the highest rejection this and that.
For testing purposes, ask them to demonstrate to you, and go to your house and test the remote/gate pass/smart tag/GPS Waze Google Maps. If you feel okay with that tint, then okay. If they don't want to do it, then they have something to hide.
I'm V-Kool
post May 10 2019, 10:07 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(RicoT @ May 10 2019, 10:20 PM)
For testing purposes, ask them to demonstrate to you, and go to your house and test the remote/gate pass/smart tag/GPS Waze Google Maps. If you feel okay with that tint, then okay. If they don't want to do it, then they have something to hide.
As for testing on GPS or Smart Tag, you can request staff car
As for testing AutoGate/Access Card you could ask JMB. I am sure that they will have some feedback from V-Kool users

By the way, try not to use metal cover for your phone as well

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: May 10 2019, 10:14 PM
I'm V-Kool
post May 10 2019, 10:12 PM

QUOTE(RicoT @ May 10 2019, 10:18 PM)
Ceramic based tint some have very good IR/heat rejection, causing smart tag problem, but I think that is about it.

VKool being metallic tint have a lot of issues. Of course, if you are not using GPS, smart tag, gate pass, or home gate remote, then these issues won't cause you any inconvenience.
If going to pay so much, why get VKool metallic tint which cause so much issue and inconvenience, especially to a driver who will be using GPS to navigate around, smart tag to pay toll, need to stick RFID outside the car and most importantly, inhibits adding more stress at the end of the day by hindering you from reaching your home.
Do not forgot that Ceramic Based film retain heat more than Metal Based film.
Due to that, the absorption rate is high thus the film will deteriorate faster.

Well there is the PRO and CON at least I am using V-Kool 40 with Smart Tag and GPS friendly ATM
cucubud
post May 10 2019, 11:37 PM

QUOTE(RicoT @ May 10 2019, 09:20 PM)
No need to trouble them. Just give me a small piece ( those left over from other cars), I can test until I am satisfied.
If no issues, Then I go and install that tint.

cucubud
post May 10 2019, 11:41 PM

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ May 10 2019, 10:07 PM)
As for testing AutoGate/Access Card you could ask JMB. I am sure that they will have some feedback from V-Kool users

Who is JMB?

SportyHandling
post May 11 2019, 12:20 AM

From my experience, V-kool Elite for the whole car is excellent in terms of heat rejection. The best I have experienced. Quite long lasting as well as there is very little drop in performance in terms of retaining the cool interior of the car up to about 5 years before you begin to feel the car feeling slightly warmer. The only disadvantage for me, is GPS signal. 70% of the time I could not get Google Maps Drive app on my mobile to work. No issue with Smart Tag though. I only had problems with GPS navigation where there is no signal 70% of the time.

The vehicle installed with V-Kool was used between 2008 to 2013.

The Huper Optik Sech60/C40 combination provides mediocre performance in terms of heat rejection when compared to V-Kool. It is not as cool as V-kool even when new. The downside I find with Huper Optik is the performance deteriorates much quicker than V-Kool. Approaching 2 to 3 years you will feel that the car is getting hotter. After 5 years you will feel like there is no tint on the car. In summary I feel that the performance is only good for up to about 3 years only before it deteriorates. However, no issue with GPS signal or any other devices.

The Sech60 VLT is 59% which is below 70% hence of there is road block I guess it will not pass the test. Ditto the C40 for front side windscreen as the VLT is 42% which is less than thet permissible 50%. With the new ruling of 0% VLT for rear side and rear, it may be worthwhile to consider combining V-kool Elite and Huper Optik to get the best of both worlds ie. To get gps signal and at the same time have the best heat rejection performance.

For front windscreen, i suspect the V-Kool Elite will trounce the Huper Optik Sech60 for heat rejection performance. Also, I guess the VLT of the V-Kool Elite is 70% or higher when compared to the 59% VLT of Sech60. The HO Sech60 is not recommended for the front windscreen in my book as its VLT is not only below the permissible 70% but the heat rejection performance is below my expectations. The V-kool Elite is better in my experience.

For the front side, one may still consider the HO C40 although the VLT is lower than 50% at 42%. However, for the rear side and rear, one can now consider a much darker tint such as the C20 with VLT 21%.

Front windscreen : V-Kool highest spec
Side (front) : Huper Optik C40
Side (rear) : Huper Optik C20
Rear : Huper Optik C20

Perhaps this combination will provide the best of both worlds by providing a good heat rejection without compromising on Smart Tag, GPS signal for navigation or other types of signal.

Not sure about the cost though if it is more expensive to mix or combine brands. I paid RM1,700 for the Huper Optik Sech60 and C40 combination previously on a C-segment car though I got to know that the cheapest that can be had is RM1,550. With the V-kool tint for front windscreen perhaps the total cost is above RM2k.
bem69
post May 11 2019, 01:19 AM

K-Bem

Hey everyone. Any recommendations for Civic FC and budget around 1k?
RicoT
post May 11 2019, 01:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ May 10 2019, 10:07 PM)

And is staff car available at your dealers to test?

Autogate/Access Card is not working with cars using VKool tint, only causing more inconvenience for those who use this tint. Tried at several locations, other ceramic based tint have no issue at all. The only issue is Smart tag non detection but that is with 3M Crystalline tints.

Even with bare phone without cover also same thing, very bad GPS signal causing Waze/Google Maps to jump around or couldn't get accurate location.

VKool is just a tint which cause more inconvenience and it outweighs the benefit and cost.

Just wish to share my experience of using it. My advice is to stay away from metallic tints.

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 10 2019, 11:37 PM)
No need to trouble them. Just give me a small piece ( those left over from other cars), I can test until I am satisfied.
If no issues, Then I go and install that tint.
Try it with a car with VKool tint. As I mention, you put your smart tag/phone directly under the windscreen (in some cases touching the edges/windscreen) then it will work fine. 2 inch further than that, you will see signal reduced, hence inaccurate GPS/Waze/Google Maps and slow detection of smart tag. If you wrap the film around your smarttag/phone, it would be the same as the cases I mentioned before, placed directly under and touching the windscreen. If you can live with it and doesn't cause any inconvenience to you, then you can consider VKool. Just to share my words of caution before you commit to it and expect signal degradation if you use VKool.

QUOTE(cucubud @ May 10 2019, 11:41 PM)
Who is JMB?
Joint Management Body.

If you live in areas with autogate such as office building car park, gated community houses or condominiums, you will be given a card/tag which will be scanned from a distance without the needs to wind down the window, and the gate will open for you to enter/exit. Such system are installed by developer during construction and managed by JMB.

This post has been edited by RicoT: May 11 2019, 02:24 AM
IrisPro P
post May 11 2019, 01:31 AM

Group: Probation

Dear brothers and sisters here, I can introduce you all to our IrisPro Elite series :

Elite Series
UV rejection : 100%
IR rejection : 95%
TSER : 72% based on VLT 35% (one of the highest in market)

People seems to neglect UV rejection here, but it is also very important for your health and general comfort in car! Most of the brands out there write 99% and some even write 99.9%. I can guarantee you that it is not as stated (most of the time is 70-80% UV rejection only). Our UV rejection are tested with spectrometer and we guarantee it.

Comes with 10 years performance guarantee because of Hotmelt technology (proprietary to IrisPro) that eliminates the need of glue between layers of tint.

Absolutely no issue with GPS and Smart tag.

You guys can give it a consideration. More info can see my post Here
cucubud
post May 11 2019, 07:39 AM

QUOTE(RicoT @ May 11 2019, 01:28 AM)
And is staff car available at your dealers to test?

Autogate/Access Card is not working with cars using VKool tint, only causing more inconvenience for those who use this tint. Tried at several locations, other ceramic based tint have no issue at all. The only issue is Smart tag non detection but that is with 3M Crystalline tints.

Even with bare phone without cover also same thing, very bad GPS signal causing Waze/Google Maps to jump around or couldn't get accurate location.

VKool is just a tint which cause more inconvenience and it outweighs the benefit and cost.

Just wish to share my experience of using it. My advice is to stay away from metallic tints.
Try it with a car with VKool tint. As I mention, you put your smart tag/phone directly under the windscreen (in some cases touching the edges/windscreen) then it will work fine. 2 inch further than that, you will see signal reduced, hence inaccurate GPS/Waze/Google Maps and slow detection of smart tag. If you wrap the film around your smarttag/phone, it would be the same as the cases I mentioned before, placed directly under and touching the windscreen. If you can live with it and doesn't cause any inconvenience to you, then you can consider VKool. Just to share my words of caution before you commit to it and expect signal degradation if you use VKool.
Joint Management Body.

If you live in areas with autogate such as office building car park, gated community houses or condominiums, you will be given a card/tag which will be scanned from a distance without the needs to wind down the window, and the gate will open for you to enter/exit. Such system are installed by developer during construction and managed by JMB.
I see your point now on the wrapping test.
I stay in landed property, so no JMB.

ayamxxx
post May 11 2019, 11:17 AM

Casual

QUOTE(IrisPro @ May 11 2019, 01:31 AM)
Dear brothers and sisters here, I can introduce you all to our IrisPro Elite series :

Elite Series
UV rejection : 100%
IR rejection : 95%
TSER : 72% based on VLT 35% (one of the highest in market)

People seems to neglect UV rejection here, but it is also very important for your health and general comfort in car! Most of the brands out there write 99% and some even write 99.9%. I can guarantee you that it is not as stated (most of the time is 70-80% UV rejection only). Our UV rejection are tested with spectrometer and we guarantee it.

Comes with 10 years performance guarantee because of Hotmelt technology (proprietary to IrisPro) that eliminates the need of glue between layers of tint.

Absolutely no issue with GPS and Smart tag.

You guys can give it a consideration. More info can see my post Here
How much for that type on honda accord 2015? And a suv like x70?
Kyusuke_FD3S
post May 11 2019, 01:49 PM

Casual

6mil side ceramic tint, global US brand
FWS Nippon brand ceramic tint
Quote rm2500 for innova

Worth ?

This post has been edited by Kyusuke_FD3S: May 11 2019, 01:50 PM
jackytiong
post May 11 2019, 04:00 PM

Getting Started

Aviod Vkool , bad after sales service and heat rejection fail
eddievh
post May 11 2019, 07:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Regarding new tint rules,the paid 5k type front windscreen Max tint is how many % ? Sifu.
cucubud
post May 11 2019, 08:57 PM

QUOTE(eddievh @ May 11 2019, 07:16 PM)
Regarding new tint rules,the paid 5k type front windscreen Max tint is how many % ? Sifu.
Any % you like.

samurai_ghost
post May 13 2019, 12:18 PM

Raytech. Price, heat rejection & lasting.
danielSinclair
post May 14 2019, 09:58 AM

Getting Started

Hi

need advice for full tinted grand livina 2013. Budget around 1k++ location bangi kajang Putrajaya... thanks
spaceman
post May 14 2019, 11:16 AM

Getting Started

May I ask what's the main difference between security tint (those mirror type?) and darker normal tint, other than privacy, as i think dark tint (considering now we can put on 0% for rear windows) also has privacy feature now.

Thinking to change all my rear windows with darker tint for my CX5 gen2. Any recommended/trusted shops around PJ with reasonable price?

This post has been edited by spaceman: May 14 2019, 11:16 AM

295 Pages « < 285 286 287 288 289 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0817sec    2.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 01:08 PM