Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

I'm V-Kool
post Apr 16 2019, 06:21 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(kenkct @ Apr 16 2019, 04:06 PM)
Try to google for US and singapore. they are very straight on the Rules and Regulation
Yea but your car is registered and drive in MALAYSIA
whsim1997
post Apr 16 2019, 07:40 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 16 2019, 08:31 AM)
It it's already 4 months, then it is not normal to have these bubbles. Most tint installers would be able to rectify for you by replacing the defective tint which shows bubbles with a new tint, free of charge, unless the installer has not specifically advised this before you do the tint. The bubbles show poor workmanship. Usually the bubbles will disappear within a week time.
Even just two or three tiny bubbles in one side , will they change it for warranty ?
michaelsotf
post Apr 16 2019, 09:54 PM

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 16 2019, 06:20 PM)
http://tint-shop.com.my/dealer-locations.php

If you are Authorised V-Kool Dealer which listed on the above link then is good.
As far as I concern, we did not mentioned in our warranty card "degraded performance" under warranty claim
but is subject to approval. So please do not mislead consumer that they will get 100% assurance.

Perhaps LLlumar can because we, V-Kool believe in our product quality.
I didn't mention v-kool got this kind of warranty features did I ?
senscents
post Apr 16 2019, 11:48 PM

That is one of the major problems with the car tint warranty "subject to approval".

Why can't it be more specific & scientific proven with % heat loss capability.

As i've mention earlier that most customers having their tint would want the best heat rejection. Right ? Or am l the only one having this mentality?

Put it down explicit in the warranty if you have the faith and believe in your own product.

I believe if any tint company can give a warranty explicitly for the heat rejection for their tint will have more people trust in their product and set you apart from the competition.

If you are Authorised V-Kool Dealer which listed on the above link then is good.
As far as I concern, we did not mentioned in our warranty card "degraded performance" under warranty claim
but is subject to approval. So please do not mislead consumer that they will get 100% assurance.

michaelsotf
post Apr 17 2019, 09:56 AM

QUOTE(senscents @ Apr 16 2019, 11:48 PM)
That is one of the major problems with the car tint warranty "subject to approval".

Why can't it be more specific & scientific proven with % heat loss capability.

As i've mention earlier that most customers having their tint would want the best heat rejection. Right ? Or am l the only one having this mentality?

Put it down explicit in the warranty if you have the faith and believe in your own product.

I believe if any tint company can give a warranty explicitly for the heat rejection for their tint will have more people trust in their product and set you apart from the competition.
U are right, every one are want to buy high CP value products
michaelsotf
post Apr 17 2019, 10:13 AM

Eh boss, i forget to mention.
My shop is on the list.

I have LLumar, V-Kool shop as well. I own my in house brand too.

https://www.facebook.com/VessolarOfficial/p...?type=3&theater
cheesecake11
post Apr 22 2019, 04:20 PM

hi guys,

i looking for tinted and coating package that come tgth.
any recommendation?

budget around 3500, mazda2
leonc
post Apr 22 2019, 07:11 PM

QUOTE(cheesecake11 @ Apr 22 2019, 04:20 PM)
hi guys,

i looking for tinted and coating package that come tgth.
any recommendation?

budget around 3500, mazda2
ceramic pro coating + magnus pro tint
Captain89
post Apr 22 2019, 07:39 PM

Looking forward to tint my car. Is there any restrictions for dark tint ? Or can tint as dark as possible ?
jackchong890
post Yesterday, 06:34 AM

Casual

anyone tinted their front mirror with two layer here? i wish to tint two layer but some of the tinted shop say cannot.

By the way any cheap and reliable tint here recommend? my 1st layer is 3m, 2nd layer plan to tint a cheap one
I'm V-Kool
post Yesterday, 07:56 AM

QUOTE(jackchong890 @ Apr 23 2019, 07:34 AM)
anyone tinted their front mirror with two layer here? i wish to tint two layer but some of the tinted shop say cannot.

By the way any cheap and reliable tint here recommend? my 1st layer is 3m, 2nd layer plan to tint a cheap one
We normally advise customer do not tint 2nd layer on the windscreen due to

1. Distortion/Blur
2. Void Warranty
3. The front windscreen structure is curve/bent and laminated glass

If you need get darker at the front, perhaps might need to remove the 1st layer or take the risk

I'm V-Kool
post Yesterday, 07:57 AM

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 22 2019, 08:39 PM)
Looking forward to tint my car. Is there any restrictions for dark tint ? Or can tint as dark as possible ?
https://www.carlist.my/news/new-regulations...ony-loke/53644/

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Yesterday, 07:57 AM
widget
post Yesterday, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 22 2019, 07:39 PM)
To be on safe side, follow JPJ rules; i.e. 70% VLT for front windscreen, 50% for driver and front passenger and 30% for rear passengers and rear windscreen.
But do remember that the stock windscreen & windows are not 100% VLT too, so even if you tint 70% for front windscreen, when comes to Puspakom/JPJ inspections, the VLT reading most probably will be lower than 70%
Captain89
post Yesterday, 10:52 AM

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 23 2019, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE(widget @ Apr 23 2019, 02:23 AM)
To be on safe side, follow JPJ rules; i.e. 70% VLT for front windscreen, 50% for driver and front passenger and 30% for rear passengers and rear windscreen.
But do remember that the stock windscreen & windows are not 100% VLT too, so even if you tint 70% for front windscreen, when comes to Puspakom/JPJ inspections, the VLT reading most probably will be lower than 70%

Thanks for the info. biggrin.gif.
kenkct
post Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(widget @ Apr 23 2019, 09:23 AM)
From these i can say 90% of the tinted car in malaysia does not meet recent JPJ rules. Usually the officer will not stop you unless your tinted paper is too dark.
As long as they can see you through the mirror, you are passed.

For puspakom examination, JPJ do know your tinted paper are 90% changes does not passed their test, they will surely request you to tear it off before the test.
(Only happen if you want to sell off your vehicle)

For consumer, we concern on the below

1. TSER = Total Solar Energy Rejection (Real heat rejection) > 60%
2. IRR = 90%< Infrared Rejection <95%, don't go beyond 95%, or your GPS or Smart Tag might have issue.
3. UVR = Ultraviolet Radiation, >100, this is always more than 100, up to 400
4. Warranty, degration on TSER
5. Warranty, bubbled, how many pixer
6. Warranty, scar
7. Warranty, blur
8. Warranty, change in color

Commonly we look into these few items, how many years the tinted shop will cover for us.
Forget about the VLT, as long as they can see you through the windows during road block, you are clear to go.

In order to have a VLT really passed JPJ rules, you may need the tinted paper VLT > 90%, provided your car windows are originally 80% VLT

ayamxxx
post Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kenkct @ Apr 23 2019, 05:37 PM)
From these i can say 90% of the tinted car in malaysia does not meet recent JPJ rules. Usually the officer will not stop you unless your tinted paper is too dark.

For puspakom examination, JPJ do know your tinted paper are 90% changes does not passed their test, they will surely request you to tear it off before the test.

2. IRR = 90%< Infrared Rejection <95%, don't go beyond 95%, or your GPS or Smart Tag might have issue.
6. Warranty, scar
7. Warranty, blur

Commonly we look into these few items, how many years the tinted shop will cover for us.
Forget about the VLT, as long as they can see you through the windows during road block, you are clear to go.

In order to have a VLT really passed JPJ rules, you may need the tinted paper VLT > 90%, provided your car windows are originally 80% VLT
for items 4, 7, 8, most of tint shop did not cover it as warraty, but as wear & tear, hence we cannot claim it for replacement.
usually up to the shop manager to decide if able to claim it, so it will be on case to case basis.
I'm V-Kool
post Yesterday, 06:48 PM

QUOTE(kenkct @ Apr 23 2019, 06:37 PM)

6. Warranty, scar
7. Warranty, blur

So long you tint within JPJ regulations and did not go into PUSPAKOM, your car tint is fine.
On the warranty issue, mostly item No.4 are subject to approval and others are claimable during warranty period.

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0949sec    2.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2019 - 09:58 AM