Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

447 Pages « < 280 281 282 283 284 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

I'm V-Kool
post Apr 15 2019, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 15 2019, 01:29 PM)
point is the degrading/ discolour of the tint which is not good.
after 2 years, it lost all the heat shield.
warranty for 10 years, but prevent the customer to claim it as it falls under wear & tear term

dont think there are any black & white saying customer can proceed to warranty if the tint degrade after certain level. only the shop manager decision come to play with this and most end up not able to claim due to wear & tear.
Yes, you are right on this part. It just like your car engine, it will degrade to certain level based on the usage.
Most of us do not realize that we are using the window film itself more than the car engine especially for
those always traveling in car or parking the car at the outdoor.
senscents
post Apr 15 2019, 04:37 PM

Casual
405 posts

So what are the warranty for guys. Manufacturing defect only?

As most if not all comsumers going to tint our car window expect it to perform in the 3,5 or more years as the warranty stated.

Majority of the consumers tint the car for the heat rejection, right? As expected that mostly all the product will degrade down the road but at what percentage will it be still accepted 10%, 15%, 20% or more?

So what are actually warranty ?

Conclusion - Just another form of marketing, An empty promises to get sales.

As we know that it a hassle, just to claim the car window tint from a reputable brand not to mention others that are not so honest trader.

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 15 2019, 12:52 PM)
Yes, you are right on this part. It just like your car engine, it will degrade to certain level based on the usage.
Most of us do not realize that we are using the window film itself more than the car engine especially for
those always traveling in car or parking the car at the outdoor.
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 15 2019, 06:07 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(senscents @ Apr 15 2019, 05:37 PM)
So what are the warranty for guys. Manufacturing defect only?

As most if not all comsumers going to tint our car window expect it to perform in the 3,5 or more years as the warranty stated.

Majority of the consumers tint the car for the heat rejection, right? As expected that mostly all the product will degrade down the road but at what percentage will it be still accepted 10%, 15%, 20% or more?

So what are actually warranty ?

Conclusion - Just another form of marketing, An empty promises to get sales.

As we know that it a hassle, just to claim the car window tint from a reputable brand not to mention others that are not so honest trader.
Workmanship and Product Defect, the rest of the warranty claim are Subject to the Testing

At least I'm not like another sales guy in this thread giving out such warranty and determine it using percentage.
Moreover, he is Llumar Dealer and not an Authorised V-Kool Dealer

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Apr 15 2019, 06:18 PM
whsim1997
post Apr 15 2019, 06:26 PM

26 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hi, may I know is it normal for my tint to have all these little bubbles? They are on all sides of my windows including front and rear windscreen. Each side there are one or two

These tints cost near to RM2k but these tiny bubbles/dust make me feel irritated although it is not very obvious when looking at it under the sun

This post has been edited by whsim1997: Apr 15 2019, 06:43 PM
whsim1997
post Apr 15 2019, 06:27 PM

26 posts

Hi, may I know is it normal for my tint to have all these little bubbles? They are on all sides of my windows including front and rear windscreen. Each side there are one or two
#Victor
post Apr 15 2019, 06:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,600 posts

QUOTE(whsim1997 @ Apr 15 2019, 06:26 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

These tints cost near to RM2k but these tiny bubbles/dust make me feel irritated although it is not very obvious when looking at it under the sun
Which brand have u installed? Did u just installed within a week? Maybe ur new tint still not dried up yet.
whsim1997
post Apr 15 2019, 07:11 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Apr 15 2019, 06:46 PM)
Which brand have u installed? Did u just installed within a week? Maybe ur new tint still not dried up yet.
Huper optik. Installed around 4 months ago.
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 15 2019, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(whsim1997 @ Apr 15 2019, 07:27 PM)
Each side got 1 or 2 is quite normal but I can see the rear and the triangle with logo marking workmanship quite bad.

Refer here https://iwfa.com/professionals/Resources/Ar...ard-Window-Film
tzehan_dk
post Apr 15 2019, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

What is good value car tint and how much? For Honda Jazz
whsim1997
post Apr 15 2019, 10:51 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 15 2019, 08:41 PM)
Each side got 1 or 2 is quite normal but I can see the rear and the triangle with logo marking workmanship quite bad.

Refer here https://iwfa.com/professionals/Resources/Ar...ard-Window-Film
Does that mean if I go back to the shop to claim for warranty , they would not replace those with only a few bubbles? Cos for my other cars I did not notice these bubbles, not even one
SportyHandling
post Apr 16 2019, 08:29 AM

Casual
419 posts

For those who want the car to stay cool for a considerable time, I would suggest taking other quality tints such as V-Kool Elite or something else. With Huper Optik Sech60 on front windscreen which is supposed to be the highest spec with high VLT (although already lower than permissible VLT 60%), the heat rejection degrades fairly quickly. In my opinion, not very good.

The performance in terms of heat rejection is only good for up to about 2 years only. After that, the car becomes hotter. My car is now above 5 years old and it feels like there is no tint installed on the car. Compared to my previous vehicle on V-Kool Elite, although the deterioration in performance can be felt, the car feels a lot cooler than the Huper Optik. Even after 5 years, the car still does not feel as warm when compared to the Huper Optik.

The rest of the side and rear windscreens are on Huper Optik C40 which is just so-so.

The only good thing about the Huper Optik is the price as it is considerably cheaper than the V-Kool Elite, perhaps RM500 to RM1000 cheaper.

In summary, if you want cheap, go with Huper Optik but be aware that the heat rejection performance is only good for up to about 2 or 3 years and it degrades fairly quickly. Approaching 5 years you will feel like there is no tint on the car.

If you want good heat rejection, V-Kool Elite would be the one and my only recommendation because i have not tried others. However, the higher price is only the factor.
SportyHandling
post Apr 16 2019, 08:31 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(whsim1997 @ Apr 15 2019, 06:27 PM)
It it's already 4 months, then it is not normal to have these bubbles. Most tint installers would be able to rectify for you by replacing the defective tint which shows bubbles with a new tint, free of charge, unless the installer has not specifically advised this before you do the tint. The bubbles show poor workmanship. Usually the bubbles will disappear within a week time.
ayamxxx
post Apr 16 2019, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Apr 16 2019, 08:29 AM)
For those who want the car to stay cool for a considerable time, I would suggest taking other quality tints such as V-Kool Elite or something else. With Huper Optik Sech60 on front windscreen which is supposed to be the highest spec with high VLT (although already lower than permissible VLT 60%), the heat rejection degrades fairly quickly. In my opinion, not very good.

The performance in terms of heat rejection is only good for up to about 2 years only. After that, the car becomes hotter. My car is now above 5 years old and it feels like there is no tint installed on the car. Compared to my previous vehicle on V-Kool Elite, although the deterioration in performance can be felt, the car feels a lot cooler than the Huper Optik. Even after 5 years, the car still does not feel as warm when compared to the Huper Optik.

The rest of the side and rear windscreens are on Huper Optik C40 which is just so-so.

The only good thing about the Huper Optik is the price as it is considerably cheaper than the V-Kool Elite, perhaps RM500 to RM1000 cheaper.

In summary, if you want cheap, go with Huper Optik but be aware that the heat rejection performance is only good for up to about 2 or 3 years and it degrades fairly quickly. Approaching 5 years you will feel like there is no tint on the car.

If you want good heat rejection, V-Kool Elite would be the one and my only recommendation because i have not tried others. However, the higher price is only the factor.
even in this case, U cant claims it for warranty or the shop manager will make the decision on his will basis to determine your case. IMO they will say it is due to wear & tear. we the customer get fu most of the time due to this. spend 2-3k for good tint with supposed 5-10 year warranty but end up with nothing to cover our s.

meanwhile, im just satisfied for the Wingard Royale tint. it still performs well even on the 4th year now. but in my case, the car was majority park in a covered park (office) and under shaded on my house. in the 1st place was interested to try 3M however the smart tag issue makes me reluctant to proceed with that.
SportyHandling
post Apr 16 2019, 09:01 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 16 2019, 08:45 AM)
even in this case, U cant claims it for warranty or the shop manager will make the decision on his will basis to determine your case. IMO they will say it is due to wear & tear. we the customer get fu most of the time due to this. spend 2-3k for good tint with supposed 5-10 year warranty but end up with nothing to cover our s.

meanwhile, im just satisfied for the Wingard Royale tint. it still performs well even on the 4th year now. but in my case, the car was majority park in a covered park (office) and under shaded on my house. in the 1st place was interested to try 3M however the smart tag issue makes me reluctant to proceed with that.
My post is just to share on the performance of the tint, not on warranty claims.
williammlwl
post Apr 16 2019, 10:37 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(tzehan_dk @ Apr 15 2019, 09:42 PM)
What is good value car tint and how much? For Honda Jazz
I have tried RhinePro Black Beauty for 2 years+. It's pretty afforadable and good heat rejection so far.
Can check them out. http://facebook.com/rhinepromalaysia
Fak3-1234
post Apr 16 2019, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
262 posts

hi
how much would it be for small car like Axia?
michaelsotf
post Apr 16 2019, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 15 2019, 06:07 PM)
Workmanship and Product Defect, the rest of the warranty claim are Subject to the Testing

At least I'm not like another sales guy in this thread giving out such warranty and determine it using percentage.
Moreover, he is Llumar Dealer and not an Authorised V-Kool Dealer
How to determine whether a company is an authorized dealer or non authorized?
Can u clarify that?

So on your statement, is it unauthorized dealer can also get v-Kool film to sell?
michaelsotf
post Apr 16 2019, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 16 2019, 08:45 AM)

Mostly in this case my side will still do the warranty, espcially Llumar and V-Kool, client can go to others shop with is collaborate with there 2 brand to do the warranty
kenkct P
post Apr 16 2019, 03:06 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(I'm V-Kool @ Apr 15 2019, 12:50 PM)
This is the good example but it subject to the local brand MSG or imported brand window like Saint Gobain.
You will not go into PUSPAKOM inspection unless you are

1. Changing Registration No
2. Bad Accident
3. Sell Car
4. Commercial Vehicle
5. ETC - Road Block (If you tint too dark)

Therefore when most of ppl tint with JPJ regulations, they are safe on the ROAD

To be smart consumer, just use V-Kool Elite = V-Kool 70 specification as benchmark
VLT 73% - TSER 55% (If there is film with 70-75% VLT with a TSER more than 60%, you will know the data is FAKE unless proven)
Try to google for US and singapore. they are very straight on the Rules and Regulation
I'm V-Kool
post Apr 16 2019, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(michaelsotf @ Apr 16 2019, 01:51 PM)
How to determine whether a company is an authorized dealer or non authorized?
Can u clarify that?

So on your statement, is it unauthorized dealer can also get v-Kool film to sell?
http://tint-shop.com.my/dealer-locations.php

If you are Authorised V-Kool Dealer which listed on the above link then is good.
As far as I concern, we did not mentioned in our warranty card "degraded performance" under warranty claim
but is subject to approval. So please do not mislead consumer that they will get 100% assurance.

Perhaps LLlumar can because we, V-Kool believe in our product quality.

This post has been edited by I'm V-Kool: Apr 16 2019, 07:26 PM

447 Pages « < 280 281 282 283 284 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:38 AM